Final

Redeeming Mistakes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Eunji had known Kris for her entire life and had been blooming with feelings toward the man. Hearing the news that they would be married surprised her in a good way, of course. She couldn't be more ecstatic. The feelings awakened when they were in a prestigious high school, in the same class attending the same subject. Eunji was the shy, introverted person, while Kris was the God. He hypnotized all the young ladies at school, getting all the attention he wished for, including the boys. Not to mention he was born from a very wealthy family. On the other hand, Eunji was much of an eye-catch, too. Either from her looks or her riches. But girls didn't like her. Why? It was a ridiculous reason.

Despite the overwhelming properties under the Jungs’ name, and how much income they made per hour, as well as the fact that her distant relative was the daughter of South Korea's president, she had never, ever bragged about it. She kept her profile low. Her daily outfit would be her favorite navy skinny jeans and her Harley Davidson T-shirt matched with her Nike sneakers that only cost less than 150 bucks. With her status, it was inevitable not to be called an -kisser.

That was years ago.

Now, Eunji was different. She made up her mind to refashion in the hope for Kris to notice her. Half of her old wardrobe had been thrown to God knows where and was replaced by brand items. Gucci, Fendi, Prada, Chanel. Name all the top brands in the world, and you'll find at least three of them.

Kris and Eunji were pushed to be together because of both of their parents' businesses. Merge, expand, profits. Cliche. No need to question that. Both of them knew it better. The girl couldn't look more euphoric while the other seemed not to give a damn.

One more thing; Kris was a player, a casanova. That explained why Eunji evolved to capture his eyes. Challenging, yes, but she was more than willing to try.

 

Everyone took notice of how jubilant Eunji seemed to be. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case.

As a matter of fact, the assumption was correct until Eunji and Kris moved in together due to the parents’ demand; what Eunji felt was extremely the opposite. She thought he could fall for her charm. She thought he’d finally see her. She thought he was finally hers. She thought, she thought. At this point, whose fault was an enigma, either she was full of naivety or reality just despised her. Most nights, he’d bring home girls to play around with, not caring too much if the other tenant witnessed it. It wasn’t like a surprise anymore, though, but perhaps someone had unnecessary hopes.

Countless different girls that Kris would bring home almost every night had Eunji met; some of them were so obnoxious to the point they blatantly ignored the innocent and openly made out with the guy. She was left astounded, speechless, and petrified at first when she busted her boyfriend banging a girl on the living room couch. What did he expect? Her to accept and be okay with it?. The stubborn girl even considered leaving him but halted when he, out of nowhere, kissed her when they had never even done it after five months of ‘dating.’ Again, her high hopes took control, and she finally lost it, that was when they did it. Eunji didn't regret it, of course, thinking that he finally reciprocated her feelings. But needless to say, Kris couldn't stop his bad, bad habit. She was supposed to be gone for a week due to an event she needed to attend but being the loyal she was, she went home two days earlier and witnessed her boyfriend having a in their master bedroom. How cruel was he? 

Thus, not only did Kris pick up a severe habit but Eunji too.

Every day at seven in the evening, she’d be away and come back home at four in the morning only to be in a club to get drunk. It was so often that she eventually decided to rent a driver only to be her chaperone. The young lady became a heavy drinker who needed two bottles of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter