Fiancé

Imperturbation

You're the reason 
I believe life is unfair
I loved you so
but you couldn't be there

I don't know what you felt for me
If you ever cares at all
Because we didn't have the chance
to know what we...


"Minseo-ssi..."

The girl who was enjoying the audio book, snapped her head to the voice owner. She was just enjoying her break on the Basketball court near the campus library when a voice break through her focus. The voice sound so small but with a hint of hoarseness. The girl expect a man on his early 20s with a small head, average body stature but  strong features in his face. Different from her expectation, the man in front of her was far from having strong features in his face. White skin, neatly trimmed brows, small nose but full lips welcome her line of sight. The man was standing three steps down from where she sat, but he still taller than her in this position.

An underclassman was her guess of this man identity.

"This....." The male pauses. He took out something from his back.

"..is for you" The item was a carton of her favourite banana milk. The fact that banana milk is her favourite convinience store drink had become common knowledge for people around her who knows her but only some that actually she know the faces and names. The male moves one step closer to her, in hopes for her to receive the gift he had prepared.

She notices a pink paper peeked out from the backside of the milk. She smiled internaly, finally understanding what the gesture means. Minseo rummage her blazzer pocket for a post-it note. The male had become anxious and also curious as the time passes. The girls is famous for her creativity on how she draw lines with people.

"And this.... is for you" Minseo stuck one post it on the front side of the drink and another on the male's chest. And just like that the girl walks away from her spot, leaving the male who stare at the writings on both post-it.

Thanks, my friend.
was what is written on the post-it on the milk.


Keep your heart open for other relationship.
was what is written on the one on his chest.

 


 

Minseo moves to her most favourite spot on the campus. A spot in the library's main reading room. A chair near the hallway, where less people come since the books around her spot is more on the older series and the genre is a bit on the heavy side so only small population of people will bother to try explore this part of library. But the spot unepectedly place near the reading room entrance and the windows, giving it enough light and clear view on who is entering and exiting the room. A very nice spot to enjoy the view outside while making effort in taking notes on who will approaching her in the quiet area.

"Hey, you self-declaring-taken-girl."

Only one person who have the audacity to call her that. And she is her best-friend, Lee Hyojung. The girl has smaller stature than Minseo but her voice and apetite is way bigger than her height. Her other bestfriend is tailing behind Hyojung. Someone on the other corner of the room could easily spot him with his height and looks. Mark Tuan, or Mark as what people usualy calls him, is the captain of our department basketball team. He is the only male in our group who acts like a spoiled child most of the time.

"Explain"

Hyojung spoke as soon as she sat in front of her while Mark take the seat beside Minseo after palcing a cup of Matcha Frappucinno in front of her.

"Explain what?"

Minseo already got a hunch on what she should tell Hyojung. But she wouldn't give the girl what she seeks so easily. Thats not how Minseo was taught. Mark settle to put his head on his folded hand. His eyes focused on Minseo face, trying to guess what is on her mind. Since Minseo is known to be the most-secretive and clever on this group, he likes to take up the challenge to try to guess how Minseo think when he is not busy with other thing. And that is also because he likes the reaction of Hyojung who is easily irritated when Mark can understand Minseo better than her who is in the same gender.

"Hong Youngjun"


"Hong Young-- who?"


"Hong.Young.Jun. A senior who takes the same Corporate Strategy course as you who also happens to be the second boy who you reject today"


"I thought he was an underclassmen" Minseo commented while sipping on the drink Mark had brought. Mark smiled. He thought Minseo as someone who is very perceptive and quick witted, but his experiment had proven that she was not perceptive all the times. Minseo gives Mark dirty look after the sips. She was sure she tasted Peach Jelly on her drink and both her bestfriend knew she hates them.

"That is not the point, girl. Tell me the reason why you reject him" Hyojung asked with a demanding tone. But her face clearly gives cute-kid vibes that is adored with the same cute glares she gives when she asks the same question to Minseo.

"First thing first. It's not funny put peach jelly on my drink, Tuan Yi-En. And for the Hong boy, you knew that I already have a fiance. So why would I try to have another relationship with other man?" The male chuckled when his name is mentioned and busied himseld with his phone afterwards. The answer clearly does not what Hyojung expect. So she demands fro more explanation..

"But, you didn't even saw what he wants to say. How could you reject him?"

"Well, babe. His intention is very clear. Rejecting him is the most effective solution. And as I said before, I already have a fiance. Isn't that is a very valid reason to do so?"

"A fiance who never shows his face to us for a whole three and half year. How could I belive he even exist?" Hyojung slumped on her seat. Clearly upset with the same answer that Minseo gave the I already have a fiance .

"Well, you should" Mark spoke for the first time. Both girls directed their gaze on him. A clear curious gaze displayed on their face.

"Cause you will meet him sometime around this month"

 


 

"How come my bestfriend knew of this fact before the fiancee?" instead of an answer Minseo was give a glance and a small smile for the male in the other end of video call. Instead of demanding a clear answer, she just waited for the male to finish his business before focusing on her again.

"Well, his cousin is the one who booked the flight." His answer is short but effectively deliver his means. His character clearly showing on his speech. ALthough it is very different on how he usually speaks with other person.

"It is still unfair for me."


"I'll make it up to you"


"A whole box of different Kitkat flavour"


"Noted"

The way on the couple communicate cannot be viewed as how regular engaged couple would usually communicate. The two likes to speak on very blunt manner most of time, but can also become very secretive and romantic when needed. Most of people would think they are in couple fight when it is how they usually talks. In a very effective and efficient way as the couple would say.

"And a whole day dedicated for you as the bonus"


She smiled. She knew her fiance is a very busy person, one who handles bunch of division and department under him. But she loves how he always makes time for her. A masculine voice calls for her fiance name. Marking as the end of their conversation since the male needs to be back to his works.

"Don't work to hard , Mr.Yoo"


"Will do, Ms. Kang"