Here

Baby, I'm Here.

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S FINAL NOTE:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry for the long wait.... But here's the final chapter~~ I want to thank you for being so patient with me even though there were many times I completely forgot that this fic existed, but you precious creatures stuck around anyways~ Thank you so much! It's been a great time writing this fic. I enjoyed it a lot (even though I neglected it). And I hope you all will, too~ It's finally time to mark this as 'Completed'.... I'm lowkey sad, but it's okay! I love this last chapt~ 

All right, enjoy yourselves, leave feedbacks, and I'll see you all again sometimes soon~ 

Happy Thanksgiving~ Stay warm and safe~

###

 

 

 

 

 

 

People said nothing hurts more than heartbreaks. Jinyoung had always thought that was some sort of myth, something that counted as bull in his book. Sure he had his fair shares of “heartbreaks,” but they were all temporary and weren’t even that serious. He could get through all of them with no problems. All he needed was a couple of bottles and he’d be over it.

 

That’s what he had thought.

 

Until now.

 

Jinyoung realized that nothing hurts more than a ing heartbreak.

 

Nothing hurts more than to see the one person he truly loves walked out of his life.

 

It’s been days, no, weeks... Probably months. Jinyoung didn't know anymore. He'd lost count of how many hours, how many minutes, how many seconds, since Mark had disappeared from his world.

 

What they did that night scarred Jinyoung’s mind deeply, torturing him constantly, forcing him on his knees. He won’t be lying if he said it kept him up at night, screaming into his sheets and staining his cheeks in tears. The order of his life broke apart and nothing was worth it anymore. Desperation suffocated him as time slowly passed by. It was getting harder and harder each day to move forward. How was it possible to go forward when all Jinyoung wanted was to stay back and embrace the memories he had?

 

Doesn’t matter how much everything’s breaking him apart. It doesn’t matter.

 

He just wanted Mark back. He’ll take whatever he could have.

 

“-Hyung,” Youngjae called, “Jinyoung-hyung, hey, did you heard what I’ve said?”

 

“Is he okay?” Jaebum quirked an eyebrow at his boyfriend’s secretary, “Jinyoung, if you’re tired, you could-”

 

Jinyoung sighed, tapping his pen against the file in front of him, “I’m fine,” he said. “Continue.”

 

The two young CEOs shared a look and shook their heads. Youngjae set down the document he was holding, “No, you’re not. If you were fine, like you said, then you’ll be able to repeat whatever Jaebum and I just discussed.”

 

Rolling his eyes, the secretary really wished the day would be over faster, “You guys are planning on a joint project, since the entire business world probably knows about you two, which could only means rapid increases in stocks resulted from all the support. You want to take advantage of the stability of the situation, so launching a partnered project together would be a great chess move.”

 

Jinyoung might look confident, but on the inside, he’s desperately praying that he got it right, because now isn’t a good time for him to talk about feelings. But looking at the disapproval face of his CEO, Jinyoung felt small and irrelevant in a snap.

 

“You’re right about the joint project part,” Jaebum offered an assuring smile, almost hinting too much sympathy.

 

“What exactly is going on, Jinyoung-hyung?” Youngjae crossed his arms against his chest and asked in a serious manner, as if using his power of Jinyoung’s boss to terrorize the secretary.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“You’re lying.”

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

“Yes, you are.”

 

“Youngjae-”

 

“What happened between you and Mark-hyungnim?”

 

“… Nothing…”

 

Youngjae scoffed, impatience poured out of him like an angry waterfall, “Bull. Something happened. Or else hyungnim wouldn’t be so eager to ship himself oversea for a business trip that he had strongly refused just months before. And you know him, Jinyoung-hyung. Once he rejected something, he’ll never get back to it again.”

 

Jinyoung wanted to laugh. Youngjae’s right. Once Mark had rejected something, he’ll never get back to it again. Mark thinks it’s a waste of his time.

 

Right?” Jinyoung laughed, head thrown back against the chair, hands gripping onto the papers under his fingertips, heart shattering like ice shards. Ignoring the worried looks from Youngjae and Jaebum, Jinyoung shook his head with a forced smile, “He threw me away. He won’t come back. I’m a waste of his time.”

 

“Jinyoung-hyung…”

 

“Do you know, Youngjae-ah?” Jinyoung smiled bitterly, fingers now found themselves fiddling with the fountain pen. “That night, after that party, we ed.”

 

Youngjae’s jaw dropped a couple of floors, “Wha-what?

 

“About time…” Jaebum quietly mumbled under his breath.

 

“Yeah,” Jinyoung laughed, “We ed. And it was so ing good even though I was the only one enjoying it. I was begging for it like a ing I am. And he… Mark ed me out of pity. Youngjae-ah, he ed me out of pity. Could you believe it? He felt bad for me. I… I-” Jinyoung covered his face with his hands in shame, “I don’t know what to do anymore.”

 

They gave Jinyoung silence. And he’s thankful. Because that’s what he needed. He just wanted someone to listen. Listen to him as he paints this horrific piece of a broken heart and torn flesh from clawing at himself each time his mind decides to bring up that face he loves so much.

 

It wasn’t easy.

 

Nothing was.

 

And what’s worse was that Jinyoung, himself, didn’t want it to be easy.

 

“I love him,” Jinyoung said, voice abnormally calm for someone who’s pron to breakdowns at any given time, “And I told him I love him. I told him I’ve loved him all these years and I just didn’t know. Then I blamed him for everything. For making me feel this way towards him. For making me confused about my own feelings, my own sense of self when I’m with him. For making me fall in love with him. He got angry and we were arguing and the next thing I know he was already throwing me on my bed and… God, I’m a ing idiot.” A forced laugh erupted from Jinyoung’s throat as he shook his head, disappointed at his pathetic self for being so desperate. “It was if he’s ever been a best friend to me… I know Mark. When he’s angry, he doesn’t think rationally. But I also know that because we’re best friends, because we’ve been friends for over two decades now, that Mark was willing to lower himself like that. Mark was angry. He was upset at me. But he also didn’t want to make me feel bad. I appreciate him still trying to do something for me before he leaves.”

 

Life lost its meaning to Jinyoung. He would’ve never thought he’d be in the position where his mind becomes a ed up mess and heart just aches constantly every time the hand on the clock moves and body shameless craves and craves the warmth of that person. Jinyoung was living in agony, living lifelessly even. Everything around him hurts.

 

“Jinyoung,” Jaebum decided to break the silence to save the room from submerging under all the pressure, “Why don’t you call it a day and go home? Get some rest. It’s been tough for you these past months.”

 

“No, Jaebum, I’m fine,” Jinyoung insisted stubbornly. “Youngjae needs-”

 

“It’s okay. I’m here.” CEO Im said, finalizing his concern and suggestion for his boyfriend’s secretary to head on home. “I’ll be here for the rest of the day, so don’t worry about it and go home.”

 

With a bit of hesistation because he felt like he’s burdening people, Jinyoung lifted his head to look at Youngjae, who just nodded with a kind smile. “Eat something then sleep, hyung. If you want, you can take tomorrow off, too. Wait, actually, take all the time you need.”

 

“But-“

 

“Your well-being is more important to me than anything else,” the young CEO smiled. “Come back when you’re ready.”

 

The secretary pursed his lips and eventually nodded. Jinyoung gathered his things. With a slight bow to the two young CEOs, also his friends whom he appreciated so much, Jinyoung made his way towards the doors. His hand was already on the handle. He was planning on leaving peacefully. But of course, he couldn’t help himself. He was desperate.

 

“Youngjae…” Jinyoung exhaled softly, “Do you know…? Do you know when’s Mark coming back? It’s been a while…” Two months to be exact, Jinyoung wanted to add.

 

“I’m not sure. Hyungnim just called in last week to inform that there’s a problem over there, so he’ll be sticking around over there for a little longer,” Jinyoung heard Youngjae said, each words imprinted in his brain like a cruel curse.

 

“Okay,” Jinyoung sighed, “I just miss him.”

 

 

 

() () ()

 

 

 

Four months. Four months, going to five. In a couple days it would be five. Three days to be exact. It’ll be five months in three days. Mark was a functional person, a responsible adult, a man who takes everything seriously, a person who gets done properly at its proper pace. Basically, Mark Tuan had everything within the reach of his hands. He was in control with everything. Nothing could creep passed him. He’s been working too hard for that .

 

The flight back to Korea was set for three days later, the marking of five months of being away. Of being completely shut off by whatever’s happening back in Korea. Of being nonexistent to someone he’s trying to avoid.

 

It wasn’t Mark’s plan to get shipped off to Taiwan. He didn’t want to go, because that was during the time his best friend was going through some and needed his shoulder to cry on. Mark didn’t want to leave Jinyoung when the man could barely held himself together. So he declined the offer. And wasn’t going to look at it again.

 

But here he was. In Taiwan, running away from all his ing problems.

 

Who could have known?

 

Who could have known things would end the way they did.

 

Mark wasn’t a damn psychic. He didn’t know.

 

What had happened that night was something Mark couldn’t control. He didn’t know why he had done it. He was just so angry, so mad, that he did it without thinking. He did it without considering neither his best friend’s feelings or his own. Mark ing crossed the boundary. And there’s no going back from there. It was all done for. That was it.

 

How should Mark feel now? He doesn’t know.

 

Jinyoung’s words lingered in his head like a virus. He tried to free himself from them, but he couldn’t. Something kept chaining him down. Something constantly begging him to revisit that night of misery. And he did. Not once. Not twice. But many many times. Mark asked himself so many times. Why? Just. Why.

 

The guilt weighted Mark down day by day, unable to forgive him of the sin he had committed to both himself and his best friend. How could he do that? How could he do that to Jinyoung? How could he be so selfish? How could he?

 

But everything was too late.

 

What’s done have been done.

 

And Mark couldn’t control it.

 

Mark could leave. He could run away forever and never come back. But he didn’t. Because he knew. Because he knew how much he missed Jinyoung. The distance didn’t help the pain. Time didn’t heal like people had said. Mark was in pain. And he knew Jinyoung was, too. So, Mark returned. Hoping for something only God would know.

 

“… I’ve already talked to them. We’re all going to meet up-”

 

The clear voice of his CEO snapped Mark out of his trance as he pushed open the door of the meeting room.

 

“-so we’ll be- Oh, my God, hyungnim?” Youngjae’s surprised gasp caught everyone’s attention. There were only three of them in the room, and they all turned towards the door. “Y-you’re back? Since when? Why didn’t you call?”

 

Cracking a tiny smile and curt bow at the other young CEO presented in the room next to Youngjae, Mark casually walked in with light steps. He didn’t need to divert his eyes anywhere to know exactly that his best friend was staring at him. “Just yesterday. Thought I drop by to surprise you.”

 

“Wow,” Jaebum raised his eyebrow, “Months of M.I.A. and you finally showed up.”

 

“Yeah,” Mark sneered, “And you should stop stealing our CEO off to some island when this company is in need of its leader.”

 

“Sorry, your CEO is a bit too hard to resist.” Jaebum grinned widely.

 

Mark shook his head and chuckled, “All right, just pick a better period next time.”

 

“Got it.”

 

Youngjae took the short minutes of Jaebum’s and Mark’s exchange to glanced over at Jinyoung. Of course, Mark noticed, but didn’t stress on about it. He could feel and smell the discomfort oozing from Jinyoung, hanging in the air and tugging at every string of his nerves. The room felt claustrophobic, as if the walls were closing in on Mark, squeezing him in between their cold, hard surfaces. Mark clenched his jaw and looked down, observing the smoothness of the table, hoping it’d somehow help him escape this unbearable situation.

 

The room turned quiet. The two young CEOs shared a concerning look with each other. This situation was getting out of hand. They didn’t want to meddle, but at the same time, Jaebum could see the anxiousness that’s shaking his lover’s pupils. Youngjae desperately wanted to do something.

 

“I’ll leave the rest of my report at your desk, Youngjae-ah,” Jinyoung suddenly spoke up for the first time in the presence of Mark. “I need rest. I’m leaving now.”

 

“Huh?” Youngjae looked up at his secretary, who’s gathering up his things and getting ready to bolt out of the room, “Uh, o-okay… Have a nice day, hyung.”

 

Jinyoung scoffed, “Will do. Thanks.”

 

Mark didn’t move or lift a finger when Jinyoung left, slamming the door on his way out. With the absence of one person, the quietness morphed into disapproval and just a bunch of bull mixed in. Mark sighed, corner of his lips tugged up in a bitter smile, “What is it, Youngjae? You’re dying to talk, aren’t you?”

 

Youngjae exhaled slowly, closing his eyes, throwing his back against his chair, clenching his jaw, “I know what happened, and I just want you guys to make up. That’s all there is to it. Look, hyungnim, we didn’t expect you to be back like this. You can’t just disappear and then, poof, back in his life again like nothing happened.”

 

“I’m not,” Mark furrowed his eyebrows, showing obvious anger, which was a surprise because everybody knew how in controlled Mark Tuan always was.

 

“I know,” the younger sighed heavily, “I know you’re not, hyungnim. I just… I just want you two to talk again. You’re both working with me and are people who I treasure a lot. So, please, I don’t… I don’t want things to turn out like this. I know it’s complicated, but just remember, this isn’t anyone’s fault. Don’t hold onto your pride, Mark-hyungnim. You know Jinyoung-hyung won’t say anything first. It has to be you. Just talk to each other. You both need some closure, something for you to move on. Your friendship is far too great. Don’t tell me you’re going to let it go just like that.”

 

Everything Youngjae said made an impression on Mark. Youngjae’s right. Mark can’t just drop this friendship like this. He can’t just throw everything away like this just because of that one night. Mark can’t. He has too much to lose.

 

“And he misses you,” Jaebum added, “A lot.

 

Swallowing down the lump in his throat, Mark let his mind free. Free from the guilt he’s torturing himself with. Free from the pain, the stubbornness, the pride, the displeasing restrain he had on himself. Things weren’t the way they were. And of course, Mark can’t mend the pieces back together no matter how hard he tries. But he also can’t let this go. He can’t let Jinyoung go.

 

He’s risking it. He knows. But he could care less right now.

 

Losing Jinyoung would drive him insane. He knows.

 

He’s feeling something. And he knows exactly what it is.

 

Jaebum put a hand over Youngjae’s and smiled. Youngjae returned the warm smile. They both watched as their friend got up and rushed out of the room like his whole life had come down to that very moment of acceptance.

 

 

 

()()()

 

 

 

It’s a mess.

 

Jinyoung sighed. His life was a mess. Looking around his small apartment, Jinyoung sighed again. Even his place was a mess. It . It truly does. Jinyoung headed into his kitchen and swung open the fridge. Empty. Jinyoung scoffed. Like his soul. He opted for a cold water bottle displaying its majestic self in the middle of all the emptiness. He needed groceries. Jinyoung twisted the cap and chugged down the bottle, unbothered by the cold sliver of liquid dripping down his chin, rolling onto his neck.

 

When he was finished, Jinyoung trashed the bottle and leaned against the kitchen’s counter. He sighed, again, subconsciously reeling himself to the abyss of his mind. Jinyoung moved his gaze towards his bedroom. That’s right. The room he hadn’t touched since the day his best friend walked out. Well, he cleaned the sheets, cleaned the room, but that was it. Jinyoung hadn’t stepped back inside there. He made a nest on the couch and had clothes in one of his small, empty storage room. There was no reason for him to come back into that room. It was just too much in there. He couldn’t take it. That entire room reeked of Mark. And that was the last thing Jinyoung wanted to smell.

 

Because he knew he’d break.

 

It’s so pathetic how much he missed Mark.

 

But finally seeing Mark today didn’t ease his pain.

 

If anything, it only heightened the level of endurance, something that quickly flew out the window as soon as the sweet, manly smell of Mark Tuan’s cologne slipped in the room. All Jinyoung wanted that moment was to just jump into his best friend’s arms and buried his face in the crook of that pale neck that’s so, so, so good to leave little red bites here and there.

 

Jinyoung sighed, honestly so exhausted with himself for thinking he could have Mark again. It was a reach. Always been. But he craved so much. And a craving wasn’t something Jinyoung could handle properly. Never was. Not when it involved Mark Tuan anyways. But had it ever not involved Mark?

 

“Useless,” Jinyoung muttered under his breath, pitying himself for stooping so low. He couldn’t even protect himself. He didn’t know how. All these years, he had someone to protect him. Jinyoung didn’t have to worry about not being safe, because Mark always made him felt safe and protected and warm and loved. A tear found its escape, sliding down his rosy cheek as he bit down on his lip and shook his head. “You’re a ing idiot, Park Jinyoung. Stop making yourself fall for him more than you did.”

 

But it was ridiculous. It was ridiculous how much he loves Mark.

 

Jinyoung loves Mark from the very beginning, has he not?

 

Had all those feelings from the past twenty years finally caught up to him?

 

Had it always been Mark this whole ing time?

 

“,” Jinyoung hold his face in his hands, cursing to himself. “You’re weak, Jinyoung-ah. That’s why Mark didn’t want you.” More tears kept pouring down endlessly, “A-and now you’re here crying because nobody wants you.”

 

The pain circled him, choking the life out of him, ripping his heart apart. Jinyoung thought he had cried all the tears, cried them all from the bottom of his broken heart. But now, there’s more to spend. It will never go away. Jinyoung realized he’ll be like this for a long time. Or maybe forever.

 

A loud knock echoed throughout the apartment, making Jinyoung looked up and flinched a little. Immediately wiping his the tears from his face, Jinyoung weakly responded to the knock, “W-wait. I’ll be right there!” He removed himself from the counter and made his way to the door, tripping over some clothes in the process, but regained his balance and kept advancing whilst wiping his face on the sleeve of his white button-up. Jinyoung wondered who would want to see him at this hour. “How can I help-”

 

“Jinyoung.”

 

“M-Mark?”

 

Letting his arms fell to his sides, Jinyoung stared at the man in front of him in defeat. Suddenly, he felt so small. So vulnerable. He’s melting under the presence of the man he’s been missing these past awful months. God, he ing misses Mark so much.

 

“Hey, Jinyoung,” Mark said, “Are you okay? Were you crying?” On instinct, Mark’s hands reached up and cupped Jinyoung’s cheeks, eyes glazing over his face with worried.

 

Jinyoung just felt more like . Because instead of pulling away, he’s leaning into the warm touch, letting himself unraveled right in front of Mark. Jinyoung had to pull himself together, but he couldn’t, because he missed this. “Wh-why are you h-here, Mark…” Jinyoung didn’t know when, but Mark had invited himself in, and now they’re standing near the couch, Jinyoung all wrecked and soft under Mark’s touch.

 

“I just thought…” Mark smiled softly, “I just thought I didn’t want to lose you.”

 

“D-don’t say that,” Jinyoung breathed, feeling his heart picking up its speed, “St-stop confusing me. I was… I was do-doing so fine with-without you.”

 

Mark ran his thumbs gently against Jinyoung’s cheeks, caressing it with much kindness and affection that Jinyoung just wanted to die already because everything was too much. “You were? I wasn’t.”

 

“You know I wasn't, Mark,” a scoff left Jinyoung’s mouth. “I was in more pain than anything.”

 

“I missed you.”

 

“Stop it.”

 

“I’m sorry, Jinyoung-ah.”

 

“…”

 

“I just can’t lose you. I’m not about to let go of these past twenty years we’ve been together. I just can’t. I… Jinyoung, please, I…”

 

Jinyoung knew it was pathetic, but he just couldn’t stay away. It’s a habit. He couldn't lie to Mark. He’s always honest in front of the only person that held meaning to his entire life. “Me, too… I can’t lose you, too, Mark, please, I’m so sorry, please, please, please, don’t leave me, Mark. I need you..” He’s holding on, holding onto anything he had left. “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… I’m so ing sorry… Don’t leave me, please. I can’t… I don’t know how to live without you, Mark, please, don’t do this to me…” And Jinyoung closed his eyes, unable to accept this pain, unable to accept Mark walking out on him again, unable to accept reality. He wished this was all a dream and when he opened his eyes again, Mark would still be his best friend and none of this would have ever happened.

 

And that’s when he felt it.

 

Soft lips pressing against his with much confidence and Jinyoung wanted to cry.

 

So he did.

 

Jinyoung cried, keeping his eyes closed because it was surreal, and now he wished that he wasn’t dreaming. “Th-that felt so ing good,” Jinyoung’s voice shook and heart bleeding as thousands of needles pierced through. “D-do it again, please.”

 

As if Jinyoung could receive whatever he asked for, another soft kiss delivered upon his quivering lips. This time, it lingered. Their lips stayed touching as their breaths clouded each other’s minds. Jinyoung felt overwhelmed and confused. Why would Mark kissed him?

 

“I love you, Jinyoung-ah,” Mark whispered against Jinyoung’s lips.

 

His eyes snapped open and he pulled away. Jinyoung spent a good second searching for the sincerity on Mark’s face. And it was all there. For the first time of this over-twenty-years friendship they shared, Jinyoung could read his best friend’s face as clear as day. Because Mark didn’t bother to put a mask on like he usually does. All emotions lay out on his handsome face that Jinyoung loves so much. Jinyoung could see it. He could see Mark’s beating heart. Jinyoung shook his head in disbelief as everything rained on him all at once. He had never seen Mark like this. Everything painted itself so raw on Mark’s face.

 

“Jinyoung, I love you,” Mark said, eyes shone with so many emotions, turning glassy from the tears holding within.

 

Without another word, Jinyoung threw his arms around Mark and pressed their bodies together. He buried his face in the crook of Mark’s neck and cried, arms tightening around Mark’s torso as if he's scared to let go. “I love you, too, Mark.”

 

Jinyoung needed this. They both do. They needed to be wrapped up in each other’s arms, soaking in each other’s scents, embracing each other’s hearts, sharing each other’s warmth. All the pain subsided because all they needed was to be with each other.

 

That night, Jinyoung stepped inside his bedroom again with Mark.

 

And no one had ever been as gentle to Jinyoung as Mark.

 

No one had ever loved on Jinyoung like Mark did.

 

 

 

()()()

 

 

 

Morning greeted the younger male with a slap of sunshine in his face. He groaned, pulling his blanket up to cover himself from the coldness dancing on his exposed arms and bare chest. Jinyoung turned to his side and threw an arm, only to immediately open his eyes to an empty side of his bed. Jinyoung panicked.

 

No, no, no, no, NO!

 

Something stuck at his throat as little tears started b his eyes. Did… Did Mark left him again?

 

Jinyoung was ready to ball up on his bed and cry his heart out again. But a loud clank from the kitchen startled him. He raised his eyebrow in confusion and lowkey scared at the possibility of him being robbed. Jinyoung got out of bed and looked around to find something to cover himself with. His gaze dropped on a white button-up scattered on the floor carelessly like the other articles of clothing, leaving evidences of a very passionate night. Jinyoung’s chuckled and shook his head, mocking himself for being so paranoid over nothing. He his lips and smiled, picking up Mark’s shirt and slipped it on.

 

Leaning against the fridge, Jinyoung bit his lip as he admired the glorious view of a and broad shoulders. He blushed a bit when his eyes reached those deep reddish, purplish lines decorated all over Mark’s back from Jinyoung’s blunt nails. It was a little wild last night.

 

“You’re awake,” Mark smiled, hands holding two plates of what seemed to be pancakes, “Good morning.”

 

“Morning,” Jinyoung smiled back, lifting himself off the fridge and settled on the chair as Mark set down the plates, “Pancakes?”

 

“I tried,” Mark pursed his lips, “I can’t cook, Jinyoung-ah.”

 

“I know you can’t,” Jinyoung winked, “But I can.”

 

They ate in silence, occasionally stealing glances here and there. Mark wasn’t much of a talker and Jinyoung knew. Besides, they didn’t need to talk. The quietness was already comfortable and warm. And Jinyoung liked it. A lot. Although used to the aspects of being a social butterfly, Jinyoung still prefered the stillness, calmness, serenity, whenever he’s with Mark.

 

“You didn’t say anything, so I guess my pancakes were edible then?” Mark asked, putting the dishes on the drying rack and turning to Jinyoung, who’s hanging around Mark just because.

 

“Better than last time, I believe, or like to believe.”

 

“Really now.”

 

Jinyoung laughed, “It’s okay! That’s why I’m here, right? I’ll cook. Just to avoid us having to deal with a kitchen on fire.”

 

“That’s cute.”

 

I’m cute.”

 

Mark walked over and ruffled Jinyoung’s hair before dropping a gentle kiss on the younger’s forehead, “You are.”

 

A crimson streak swiped across the younger’s face, “S-so… Wh-what does all of this ma-makes us?”

 

Pulling Jiyoung’s up from his seat and into his arms, wrapping them around securely around the younger’s waist, Mark kissed his lover’s cheek and smiled softly, “Anything you want us to be.”

 

“O-okay…” Jinyoung lowered his head and took interest in drawing little random patterns on Mark’s collarbone with the tips of his fingers. “Then… Can we be husbands?”

 

Mark quirked an eyebrow, “What? Aren’t we moving too fast-”

 

“H-hear me out!” Jinyoung protested, “I mean we’ve known each other, like, a little more than two decades, so, like, you know, we’ve been together. We’re basically an old married couple anyways… Might as well…”

 

The older laughed, enjoying the little pout adorning his lover’s lips. Mark pecked that adorable pout and nodded, “That’ll works.”

 

“Yeah,” Jinyoung nodded and rested his head on Mark’s shoulder, “Okay… Um, I, uh, I can get used to that… I can get used to this…”

 

Mark pulled Jinyoung away, looked at him with loving eyes, and kissed his lips, “Yeah, you can. I’m already used it.”

 

Jinyoung giggled and kissed Mark back, “I didn’t know you’re this whipped for me. Not complaining, though, since I did spent a decent amount of time agonizing over your . I deserve better.”

 

Mark bit Jinyoung’s lip, earning himself a small gasp, “You do. But I’m that ‘better.’ You’re not going to find anyone better than me, babe.”

 

“,” Jinyoung whined as Mark’s lips left his.

 

The younger was about to start whining and complaining from the lack of contact when strong arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him back again. “You need to stop wearing my shirt,” Mark sighed, eyes gazing so angelically, so softly, so breathlessly, at Jinyoung.

 

For a moment, Jinyoung forgot how to speak. Mark was fiercely giving him too much love. He’s not quite used to it, but he’s touched. He’s happy. “Why?”

 

“Because it does to me, and we have work in an hour.”

 

The smirk on Jinyoung’s lips grew as he looked at Mark with glazed eyes and circled his arms around the older’s neck, purposely pushing his body closer, sealing any existing space between them. “In an hour.”

 

A kissed landed on Mark’s lips. “Hmm. You also need to stop that petty trick of yours, too.”

 

“What trick?” Jinyoung titled his head, eyes blinking innocently.

 

“That trick with your eyes looking all seductive,” Mark smiled, “Believe me when I say that it works every time.

 

Jinyoung bit his lip and moved his gaze down Mark’s bare torso, running his nails, lightly scratching all over Mark’s abs in a slow, teasing, agonizing pace. “Love you.”

 

“Love you, too.”

 

“I love you more, though.”

 

“Really.”

 

Jinyoung smirked, removing Mark’s arms around him, as he slowly dropped on his knees. He looked up at Mark and smiled purely, pure as a demon stalking on its prey with its eyes blown darkly and dangerously, “Let me show you how much I love you.”

 

 

 

()()()

 

 

 

“All right,” Jackson clapped his hands together, “Who’s going to tell them?”

 

“Tell them what?” Jaebum took a sip of his wine.

 

Jackson rolled his eyes and crossed his arms against his chest, “Tell them to get a ing room?!”

 

Language,” Youngjae warned, hands cupping over Kibum’s ears.

 

The secretary just stared tiredly at the little innocent boy and looked back up at Jaebum, “Why is Kibum here? At an adult luncheon? Jaebum, take better care of your son?! Maybe this is why his mother left you.”

 

“Hey, hey, hey,” Youngjae glared, obviously looking very displeased at Jackson’s rudeness. “Kibum’s here because I miss him. And don’t you dare bring up his mother ever again, understand?”

 

“Sorry,” Jackson apologized, “But all things aside, I always get exited whenever it’s your turn to host the monthly luncheon, Mister Choi. You honestly always order the best food!”

 

Youngjae raised an eyebrow and gave his boyfriend a look. Jaebum sighed, shook his head, and offered an apologetic smile. Jaebum’s aware that his secretary can be impulsive sometimes, especially when all these projects are piling up. Youngjae just nodded, sympathizing, because his own secretary has been pretty stressed out over this joint project, too. Except, Jinyoung has someone to relief stress, but Jackson don’t, so it does gets out of hand whenever Jackson sees the new couple all cuddling up with each other. Like right now.

 

“This is lame,” Jackson sighed, eyes boring holes into President Tuan’s back as the man cradled Jinyoung’s face and littered it with small kisses. “I was the one setting them up, man, and I’m still alone.” He turned towards the two young CEOs, “Damn! I was also the one setting you two up, too! Where’s my appreciation?!”

 

“Uncle Jackson is the best!” Kibum jumped up and down enthusiastically, radiating off the innocence of a child that’s enough to set the entire place blooming with daisies and rainbows. Jackson felt attacked emotionally, picking Kibum up and kissed the child’s plump cheek. Kibum giggled and kissed his favorite uncle, “It’s okay! Uncle Jacks got me! I’ll make you happy!”

 

Laughing, Jackson nuzzled his forehead against Kibum’s, “I knew you’re the only one for me!”

 

Jaebum patted his son’s head and smiled, “I’m not giving him to you, Jacks. You’re not reliable.”

 

Groaning in this unfairness, Jackson hugged Kibum tighter, “If you’re able to give Kibum to his stepdad, then you should be able to do the same to me.”

 

“Youngjae’s different,” CEO Im deadpanned.

 

“Daddy and Dad are happy!” Kibum cheered, stretching his arms out towards his loving stepfather.

 

“Yes, baby, yes they are,” Jackson smiled, watching Jaebum and Youngjae showering Kibum with kisses, doting on the kid with so much affection. They’re a happy family. And Jackson’s glad. Very. Looking back at the other couple, Jinyoung’s now feeding fruits to Mark, Jackson grinned, feeling his stress steered away as he’s being wrapped with happiness from all directions. “All right, all right, all right, give Kibum back!”

 

Reluctantly, Youngjae handed the little boy over to his favorite uncle. “You don’t have to take him, Jackson. Yugyeom and Bambam are here.”

 

“They are?!”

 

“Yes, they are!” Bambam shouted from behind as he approached, Yugyeom following behind with a bright smile.

 

“Okay, but why are you guys here? Did you two own a company together and not tell me about it?” Jackson looked baffled, confused, because this was an industry luncheon for people in the business.

 

“No, Youngjae-hyung just invited us as guests annnnnnnd there’s food! So here we are!” Yugyeom nudged Bambam playfully. “Plus, we miss you, Jackson-hyung.”

 

“I miss you guys, too!”

 

“Us, too!” The familiar voice got the group turning their heads. Jinyoung and Mark made their way over, hand-in-hand because, of course, they would be. Jinyoung flashed a smile and reached out to pinch Kibum’s cheek with his free hand, “Hey, there, little prince! Visiting your parents?”

 

Kibum squealed at the sudden surprised attack but quickly regained his composure and settled his lips with a cute smile, “Uncle Nyoungie~ You’re so pretty today!”

 

Everyone burst out laughing. Mark leaned in and winked at Kibum, “He meant you don’t look pretty every other day, Jinyoung-ah. Just today.”

 

“The tea is exceptionally good today,” Bambam smirked, “I’m loving this vibe! Congrats to you, Jinyoung-hyung! And Mark-hyung, final-fuc-”

 

Language!” Everyone warned in one voice.

 

Bambam was taken back for a few seconds before mumbling a little “sorry.” Kibum felt bad and patted his babysitter’s head. “Bammie is cute!” And the atmosphere lifted again as they laughed together. Kibum was honestly the vitamin that everyone needed to draw them all away from all their stresses.

 

“Okay, okay, okay,” Bambam shook his head, but a smile still rested on his lips, “I’ll take Kibum now so you adults can talk. Let’s go, Yug. We’re gonna grab something to eat!” Bambam retrieved Kibum from Jackson’s arms and disappeared behind the sea of classy people with his best friend before anyone could say another word.

 

As soon as the youngers were out of sight, Jackson opened his mouth, “Who wanna bet with me that these two ed right after they made up?”

 

Without missing a beat, Jaebum and Youngjae both raised their hands. Jinyoung scoffed in disbelief and Mark just laughed out of amusement. “Drop it, it’s been weeks already. And could you really guess otherwise, though? It’s Jinyoung we’re talking about here,” Mark shrugged, immediately earning upon himself a light smack to his chest from his embarrassed lover.

 

“This is fun,” Youngjae smirked, “Let me join. Who want to bet that they ed at least twice a day?”

 

This time, too, as on cue, Jackson and Jaebum both raised their hands. Jaebum even went the extra mile and sipped on his wine while staring at the new couple with judgmental eyes. Jackson just shook his head and mouthing “shame” throughout. Youngjae couldn’t held his laughter and doubled over, hand grabbing onto Jaebum’s shoulder for balance as he let his tears leaking from his eyes from laughing too hard.

 

Mark, expectedly, still looked completely unfazed. On the other hand, Jinyoung, expectedly, wanted to crawl in a hole and die from all this embarrassment. The younger pout and hung his head. Mark noticed and leaned over to kiss Jinyoung’s cheek. “Because you react like this that they love teasing you, babe.”

 

“Leave me alone,” Jinyoung mumbled under his breath, crimson painting a beautiful masterpiece on his pretty face.

 

“Okay, guys, stop it, he’s embarrassed,” Mark looked up at his three friends and smiled, “Maybe do it when he’s not around. I’ll join, too.”

 

“Mark!” Jinyoung lightly shoved his boyfriend. “You’re supposed to be on my side!”

 

And they all laughed, finding Park Jinyoung incredibly adorable. Youngjae couldn’t stop smiling, feeling happy that his two hyungs are finally together, happy and glowing like never before.

 

“Well,” Jaebum raised his glass, despite no one else in their little circle has their own glass, “I’m glad everything worked out. I’m glad you’ve finally found your happy ending, Jinyoung. And I’m happy to find out that you actually have a healthy, beating, alive heart, Mark. I wish the best for the both of you.” The young CEO then chugged the entire glass down his throat, leaving everyone to stare at him with an unimpressed look on their faces.

 

Jackson was first to break the silence, “Agreeing with whatever my awkward CEO said, but I have to take the credit for bring you two, no, wait, you four, together. I expect a raise, Jaebum. And take me out for dinner, Mark. Jinyoung, you can take me out for lunch. Youngjae, you can sit and chill.”

 

“That’s not fair!” The three targeted groaned while Youngjae laughed.

 

“No more negotiations!” Jackson smiled, “Now, Youngjae, please, take my CEO away before he embarrasses himself again with his lame speech-”

 

“It wasn’t a speech, Jacks,” Jaebum rolled his eyes, “It was a blessing. Learn the difference.”

 

“Whatever,” Youngjae grabbed his boyfriend’s arm, “I’m taking you out of here anyways.” He turned to Jinyoung and Mark, “President Tuan, why don’t you and my secretary, Mister Park here, look after the guests and host the luncheon in my place for a bit?”

 

“Yes, sir,” Mark responded easily, “Go ahead and enjoy yourself, sir. We've got this covered.”

 

“Do come back at the end, though, Youngjae,” Jinyoung added, “We need our CEO, the owner of this company and main host of this luncheon, to give the ending comment, all right?”

 

Youngjae smiled and nodded, “Will do!”

 

“Bye, talk to you guys later!” Jaebum waved before quickly following his boyfriend.

 

Jackson gazed on for a moment and turned back, “Well, now that everyone left, I guess it’s my cue, too?”

 

“You could,” Jinyoung shrugged, giving Jackson the cold shoulders on purpose.

 

“Okay, Jinyoung, stop being a ,” Jackson rolled his eyes, “Fellow secretaries stick together, man! I got yo back and you got mine, we good?” Holding out his hand to his dear friend, Jackson quirked his eyebrow, waiting for Jinyoung.

 

Fine,” Jinyoung sighed and shook Jackson’s hand, “I got your back and you got mine.”

 

Jackson smiled widely, “Which means if Mister President Tuan here ever makes you cry again, I’ll make sure the world sees the last of him. I got you, Park!”

 

“Touch him and you’re dead, Jacks,” Jinyoung said.

 

“Woah. Not letting this one go, huh?”

 

“No, never. He’s the one.

 

“Glad that you’ve found him.”

 

“Yeah,” Jinyoung rested his head against Mark’s shoulder and smiled contently. “I’m glad, too. Even though it took a ing long time, but I’ve found him.”

 

Mark chuckled, “You guys are making me shy. I’m still here, you know.”

 

“I’m happy for you, both of you. Hey, be good with each other, okay? You two are made for each other. You two are meant to be since twenty something years ago, all right? It’s been a long walk, but I promise you both that no one, no one, absolutely no one, can replace what you two have for each other. So, treasure it.” Jackson felt like crying. He’s not going to, but he could felt it poking his eyes. Nothing makes him more happy and grateful than to see his friends smiling happily. Jackson felt thankful. He’s thankful to be born with the ability to see love and able to connect those red strings of Fate.

 

Jinyoung and Mark shared a look before breaking into grins and pulled their dearest friend into a group hug. The two wholeheartedly comforted a sensitive Jackson while he cried tears of happiness on their shoulders.

 

 

 

()()()

 

 

 

Standing in front of a huge mirror, Jinyoung held up two suits, putting them over his body, one by one, trying hard to figure out which color he looked better in. He didn’t know if he would like the look-at-me-I’m-here-to-dominate deep maroon or the good-evening-I’ll-be-your-prince-tonight navy blue. After a few more looks and sighs followed by string of curses, Jinyoung set the suits down and stared at his reflection. A blush crept up his cheeks, his lips curved into a shy smile. Didn’t really matter what he looked good in. Jinyoung thought he looked the best in Mark’s dress shirt, all oversized and hanging on him so ily, making him feels so great about himself.

 

“I should probably put on some pants…” Jinyoung looked down at his bare legs. Although the shirt was big on him, and managed to cover everything from his shoulders to about three inches above his knee, his smooth, long, pale legs were still exposed, revealing the faint kiss marks that’s trailing down. Jinyoung smiled, he’s still not really used to this. It’s weird that he’d never let anyone leaving marks on him, but now, he’s willingly giving everything up. The more his skin bruised beautifully with blooming love bites, the more Jinyoung loved it. He’s not used to this. He’s not used to being love so gently. He’s not being used to being so happy, enough that it could strangle him and kill him slowly. But Jinyoung had no regrets. He’s happy. So be it.

 

“Still deciding?” Arms wrapped around Jinyoung from behind and a kiss planted on his slender neck that’s already covered with other small marks of affection from last night and just half an hour ago. “It cannot take you this long.”

 

Leaning back into Mark’s embrace, Jinyoung smiled, hand reaching up to run his fingers over his lover’s wet hair, his eyes sparkled as he stared at the mirror, “I don’t know which one looks better.”

 

“Baby, you look good in anything you wear,” Mark sighed, resting his chin on his Jinyoung’s shoulder, staring at Jinyoung’s reflection in the mirror. The look on his lover’s face made Mark break a small, sympathetic smile, “I shouldn’t have bought two, right? You wouldn’t have to choose if I just got you one.”

 

“You understand.”

 

Too well. I understand too well.”

 

“But,” Jinyoung turned around in Mark’s arms, facing the older as he winded his arms around Mark’s neck, “I understand that you couldn’t choose either, so you just bought two, thinking I can wear one tonight and the other another night.”

 

Mark nodded, sighing, already feeling bad, “Sorry, I completely forgot that you have to choose which one to wear first.”

 

“I’ll wear whichever one you want me to wear,” Jinyoung smiled, leaving a kiss lingering on Mark’s lips. “Because at the end of the day, you’re the one stripping me out of it anyways.”

 

Jinyoung looked at Mark, all innocent and glowing. Mark raised an eyebrow and couldn’t stop himself from smiling and his lips. “Of course you would.”

 

“I love you~” Jinyoung cooed, pressing more kisses along Mark’s jaw, “So which one?”

 

“I like you in navy. You look more sophisticated, more controlling, very authoritative, look like you could own a company.”

 

“Not scared a secretary could outshine the actual President?”

 

“No, I like my man looking strong and independent,” Mark replied genuinely. Seeing how Jinyoung turned into a puddle of embarrassment under his affections, Mark grinned, “Great to have a best friend as your boyfriend, hmm?”

 

“Y-yeah…” Jinyoung bit his lip and avoided Mark’s gaze. Right. He’ll never get used to this. Mark just understood him so well.

 

“Hey, Jinyoung, look at me,” Mark called softly, Jinyoung obeyed, “I just want you to be your own person. I know you hate being controlled and viewed as a person who depends on others. I know you’re not like that. You’re strong and smart. You can handle yourself. You don’t need me to make you feel good about yourself-”

 

“Um, actually, I kind of do…”

 

Mark rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I spoiled you too much. But what I’m trying to say is that I don’t like people thinking you’re weak when you’re clearly not. You don’t like it either. I love you, Jinyoung. I really do. But I also want you to own yourself. Don’t let anyone tie you down. Not even me, okay?”

 

“Okay,” Jinyoung nodded, “But if you’re the one tying me down, God, please, I would really, I mean, really love that-”

 

Mark just laughed and lets go of his boyfriend, “Hurry up and take a shower, we have to leave.”

 

“Do we?”

 

“Stop pouting, let’s go.”

 

“B-but…”

 

“Jinyoung, we literally spent the whole day in bed, stop trying to get me in bed again. I just finished showering. The party is in two hours. So do your date a favor and go get ready.”

 

“Want to shower with me?”

 

“Jinyoung.”

 

“I promise I won’t touch you!”

 

“Jinyoung.”

 

“Mark…” The younger breathed, sounding a little breathless all of a sudden.

 

“No, you’re not,” Mark closed his eyes in frustration, “You’re not going to look at me like that, Park Jinyoung. I won’t fall for it. I won’t. We’ve been together for three months already. I’m used to it. I’m not falling-”

 

“Not when I’m under your shirt?” Jinyoung pouted, eyes full of determined motives still keeping steady on Mark’s face.

 

“You’re insanely cute, but no. And ‘no’ means no.

 

“You’re so mean,” Jinyoung sighed, “I even sacrificed my time to come over to see you everyday and this is how you’re treating me.”

 

Mark wore his unimpressed look and crossed his arms against his bare chest, “Are you seriously guilt-tripping me because I’m not letting you  my ? Seriously, Jinyoung?”

 

“Maaaaaaaaark!”

 

“But anyways, since you brought it up. Why don’t you just move in? You’re here a lot. I can’t even remember the last time you slept at your own apartment. Just move in. I got three rooms,” Mark shrugged like it’s no big deal, “You can take the one next to mine.”

 

“R-really?” Jinyoung stopped whining and looked at his boyfriend with serious eyes. Sure, it wasn’t really that big of a deal, since Jinyoung slept over often even before they got together. But somehow, Jinyoung didn’t know how, it felt different. It felt like he’s been waiting for this moment his whole life. Mark was telling Jinyoung to live with him.

 

“Of course,” Mark smiled, realizing why his boyfriend suddenly became speechless, “I’ll help you move.”

 

Before Mark could react properly, he found himself an armful of a very excited Jinyoung. “Yes, yes, yes, yes! I’ll move right now! Let’s go right now!” Jinyoung started kissing all over Mark’s face. “Mmmhhh~ Love you~ Love you so much~”

 

Laughing, Mark patted Jinyoung’s head, “Okay, I guess it’s settled then. We can’t go right now, but we’ll go get your things tomorrow,” he kissed his lover’s forehead, “I love you, too.”

 

“By the way, one question.”

 

“Yes, babe?”

 

“Can I have your room instead?”

 

“Uh, sure, I’ll just move my stuff out-”

 

“No~”

 

“What you mean?”

 

“I want your room with you in it!”

 

Chuckling, Mark pinched Jinyoung’s cheeks, “All right, whatever you want.”

 

“Thank you! Thank you so much! Mark, you know, I love you a lot, right?”

 

Mark nodded.

 

“And I’ll always love you, Mark.”

 

Mark nodded.

 

Jinyoung closed his eyes, “Will you always be there for me?”

 

Mark locked their lips together in a sweet kiss, “I love you.”

 

“So will you?”

 

“I’ll be here.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, always.”

 

Jinyoung opened his eyes and was greeted by the soft gaze of the man he loves so much. Everything fell to its place. He did it. He finally found his own happy ending. He finally understood what’s it really like to be so deeply, profoundly, in love. “Always?”

 

Mark smiled,

 

“Yes, always will be here.”