Only The Best For You

Only The Best For You

Jeon Somi consider herself a good friend.

 

She may seem like a self-centered girl who always keeps to herself, but in truth, she always looked out for her friends. You mess with her friends, and she'll get back at you with the meanest group of mafia-looking kids to keep you in line.

 

She wasn't a troublemaker, but if getting in trouble was the only way to fight for her friends, she'll gladly take on the title of a delinquent any day. 

 

Jeon Somi just wanted what's best for her friends...

 

...especially her best friend, Kim Chungha.

 

...

 

Kim Chungha was the opposite.

 

Yes, she looks out for her friends, but sometimes - well, most of the times actually, she was the one needed to be taken care of.

 

She was to nice for her own good, most people always say. She's gladly give a third of her pocket money for any hobo who asked for it - even if it's always the same hobo taking her kindness for granted. She'd even run across a street bustling with car, just to save a little kitty drenched in the rain.

 

She was an angel walking on earth. Her tears were precious.

 

And that's why Somi took it upon herself to look out for her the most. Call it a habit for having been the one to always save Chungha from bullies since kindergarden or maybe it's just a plain overprotectiveness for her best friend.

 

Somi just needed to protect Chungha.

 

That includes protection from boys - or girls - who's out to break her heart.

 

No. Somi doesn't beat those who ask Chungha out. She just talks with them, gets to know them to make sure they're okey. In fact, most of them initiates and approaches her during lunch break or dismissal. That was a plus point, really. That meant they know and acknowledge Somi's place in Chungha's life.

 

...

 

Currently, there's a boy named Jackson trying to persue Chungha.

 

Jackson was a nice guy, according to some people. He was in Somi's class and he was even her partner in a History project once. They weren't friends, but they were surely past the acquaintance stage. They talked comfortably about spontaneous stuff.

 

He seemed like the perfect guy for her best friend. But a gut feeling told her otherwise. She wasn't completely blocking him out, though. She let the guy to sit with them during lunch, and when she can't accompany Chungha home, she let him do it.

 

...

 

It was their school foundation week when Somi finally found out Jackson's true nature and realized something as well.

 

Somi's class collaborated with Chungha's class. Her group and Chungha's group combined and were assigned to build a food stand.

 

Somi and Jackson were the ones assigned to buy their supplies, and so, Somi took this opportunity to talk more with Jackson. And it was fine until...

 

"So, I heard Jinyoung like Chungha, too," the blonde girl casually said as they carried the supplies toward the gym, where the other were.

 

"Yeah, I heard, too..." Jackson answered uninterestedly.

 

Somi narrowed her eyes at him. "You dont mind? You're... not jealous or anything?"

 

 

Jackson chuckled and nudged Somi on the elbow. "Oh c'mon, Somi... it happens, right? Between you and me, friend to friend, you know she's not exactly the best girl out there, right? I was blinded by her smile, but i guess that's it. She's another fish in the sea. You've got lots of pretty friends. You understand me, right?"

 

Somi pursed her lips, her grip on the plastic bag tightening by the second. "So you don't really like her now?"

 

"Oh, please... She's not exactly on the lighter side, huh. Not supermodel material. And she's so gullible. Damn, she can be so stupid sometimes. She's definitely not my type. Do you mind introducing me to one of your senior friends?"

 

Somi gritted her teeth. She could't take any more of this.

 

This dude was basically insulting Chungha in front of her. He was saying despicable things about Chungha, and no one gets away with doing so. Not while Jeon Somi is still alive. Heck, even if she died and someone wronged Chungha, she'll be sure to haunt them till they kill themselves in their sleep.

"Your friend, the one who joined that campus pegeant, she'll cute.. do you think you -"

 

Somi dropped the bags in her hands.

"Hey Jackson," she called.

 

Jackson turned back to her. "Wha-"

 

Somi clenched her fist tight and punched him square on the face, making him stumble back with a bleending nose.

 

"Remember these three things I'll say. If i see you coming near ANY of my friends. I'll be sure to do more than punching you, if you see me walking down the hall, you better look away and go the other way. And  most importantly. NEVER insult Chungha again. I'll know if you said anything about her behind my back. Mark my words." Somi dotted that remark with a kick on his leg.

 

....

 

That afternoon, Somi found herself at the guidance counselor's offices. Jackson was seated across her, cowering under her icy glare as he held up a cold cloth to his nose.

 

Somi could ony smirk furtively at the guy as the guidance counselor rated on about teens and violence.

 

She doesn't regret anything, though.

 

In fact, she was glad Jackson voiced out his thoughs... Because she realized something else, while Jackson pointed out Chungha's 'flaws'.

 

Chungha was different from all the othed girls. Where as usual girls whined about wanting to have the perfect model body, Chungha didn't care. She confident to be who she was. Jackson was probably blind, because Somi found oozing confidence to be incredibly y in a girl. Her one of kind eye smiles was just a big bonus to her milky skin, her big, adorable brown eyes, her cute nose, and her pink, plump, pouty lips.

 

Yup, Jackson was blind. And he was stupid, too. For not realizing just how angelic Chungha is.

 

Chungha may be gullible at times, but it just shows how kindhearted she was. She trusts people easily because she never judges or thinks ill will againts others. She believed in the goodness of other.

 

Kim Chungha may as well be called the 'best girl in the world', because she was. In Somi's eyes, she always has been the best. And she deserved nothing but the best in everything.

 

Realizing all that, Somi was now even more hell-bent on protecting the brunette.

 

...

 

"You both will be helping me out here for the next two weeks, you got that?" Ms. Park, the counselor, said.

 

Somi and Jackson just nodded, the latter making sure to avoid eye contact with the blonde.

 

"You two may go."

 

Jackson hurriedly went out the office. Leaving Somi with Ms. Park

 

And just when Somi reached the door, Ms. Park called out.

 

"And Miss Jeon, wipe that smirk off your face."

 

Somi's smirk only widened as she walked out.

 

...

 

"Wipe that smirk, will you? You look like a delinquent."

 

Somi looked up, her eyes widening "Chungha...I - "

 

Before she could even say anything, soft lips pressed againts hers and warm arms wrapped around her neck tightly.

 

(Damn, even her kisses are the best.)

 

After a few seconds, Chungha pulled back and grinned. She kept her arms around the blonde's neck. "I heard how you defended my honor earlier... Some student got it on his phone camera. You were amazing and that's why I... I love you so much." 

 

A smile formed on Somi's face, her heart beating like a drum at hearing her words. It didn't take a genius why her heart reacted that way.

 

She knew it right away.

 

"I love you, too. Chungha... more and more each day."

 

Chungha smiled brightly, her eyes forming crescents much beautiful than the moon. She hugged her again, her lips on Somi's ear. "You're the best, Som..."

 

Somi smirked inwardly as she savored the feeling of Chungha's arms around her.

 

(Like i said, Chungha deserves only the best.)

 

 

           ------------------------------------------

(A/n:.... There Like it? Hate it? Comment and tell me what you think! :)