Awaken

Turning

   Junkai was hungry. That was all he could focus on. With the back of his mind he noticed the place he found himself in was unknown. Junkai had never been there before, and also couldn't remember how he got there. The situation would be extremelly ennerving, if he could bring himself to care. As the emptiness consumed his insides and burned in his throat, messing up his head and confusing his thoughts, he could not.

   A sweet smell passed through the door cracks and his body moved by itself, chasing it by instinct. He ran full speed to the door, and didn't have quite time to stop himself before hitting it with full force. Junkai bounced back, falling on the floor. He widened his eyes, not grasping the situation. What was going on? All he wanted was to go after that wonderfull smell. The boy shook his head, trying to clear it. Looking around himself from his place at the floor he could perceive being in a room. A relativelly small room, disproportional to the height of the roof and door: They were extremely tall and looked like would belong in a really old and expensive mannor in stead of the small dusty chamber Junkai was in.

   As he was staring at the deep scratches on the wood of the fancy door, it opened, letting inside the smell even more concentrated. His eyes zeroed in a basin full of red liquid, and he leaped. The sound of a body hitting the floor echoed in the high roof, but Junkai ignored it. He grasped the basin and brought it urgently to his mouth, it smelled divine. Gulping desperately, he turned the bowl trying to make the blood get in his mouth quicker, and only managing to spill it all over his face and clothes. After only ten seconds it was empty, and the burning inside of Junkai had diminished considerably. His head seemed clearer, and he used his heightened focus to really access the situation he was in.
  
    Sensing movement with his periferic vision, he turned in alert by instinct only to find a man getting up from the floor. The man was extremelly pale and had red eyes. His built was bigger than Junkai's, but considering he had been easily knocked over it was decided that the man was not a threat. The fact that he had brought delicious food contributed hugely to the decision. The boy decided to just ignore him, and started making his way to the now open door intending to get out of there. Or just get to see some place new. He still didn't know what he was doing there. In fact, there was very little he could remember.

   His train of thought got interrupted by extreme nausea. Junkai doubled over and emptied his recently full stomach, dirtying the rest of the empty floor. Sitting down, he held his head in between his hands. It was hurting so much. The boy was feeling extremelly unwell, his stomach too full and making him sick. He felt hands rubbing his back soothingly, and looked to the side seeing the older man crouched beside him. "Should have gone easy on the blood there." The man said with a little smile that showed off his weirdly pointy teeth.


    "Where am I?" Junkai asked huskily, not actually interested. He wanted something to divert the other and his ruby gaze, for it was starting to ennerve him. "In my house. Found you on an alley, in the latest turning stage. Somebody got you good, and didn't finish the job." The man answered calmly. Although gentle, it only worsened the boy's ansiousness. "Not finishing the job means not taking me in or not killing me?" Junkai spitted the words to the older, his insecurity translating into anger. The man gave a misterious smile. "You are a smart one." Was his vocal answer. This was no help, the younger decided, standing up.

   However clearer, his head still wasn't working perfectly, and he still had difficulty focusing. But after crossing the threshold he still noticed the house he found himself in was extremelly weird. Even though the room he had just left was small, dusty, bare and pretty battered, the hallway was richly adorned and furnished, besides ample. Junkai walked hallway after hallway, and had yet to find a window. He didn't know if it was night or day, but it didn't seem to matter at the moment. His feet slapped at the shiny marble floor, sticking slightly and leaving a reddish trail as he passed. After trying the tenth locked door, he gave up and slid down.

   'What is going on, this house is really strange... I guess it matches that guy.' Junkai thought, distractedly on his bloodied fingers. The taste called for his throat and his jaw tensed, instinctivelly aching to sink into something. He nibbled his middle finger, but his mouth seemed different somehow. Feeling around, Junkai traced prominent pointy teeth, accidentally prickling his skin.  

  The pain made him retreat the finger. The boy stared as faded red oozed out of his wound, dripping into the floor. It didn't smell good or enticing. It smelled dead. He extended his hand to look properly at the strange colored liquid coming out of him, and another drop fell. He followed it's descend, and saw. Or better saying, didn't see. He had no shadow accompanying him, and the shiny marble did not reflect even a blur of his being. A phrase immediately came up to his mind: 'Found you in the latest turning stage'... Latest turning stage of what?

What was he?

 

~~~

 

A.N.: I know its obvious, but karry doesnt know... I guess the cliffhanger is for him haha

i also havent decided if im going to make this kaiyuan or not, any thoughts?