Enevitable, parts 1 and 2

VKook One Shot

Jungkook sat in his room, confused as to Taehyung meant. A single text  sent him spiraling into a perplexed state.

TaesticalsYou said the light was dimmingTime for a new bulb.

"Light," He whispered. "What light?" Jungkook couldn't recall what he meant. At first, he thought it was just another one of his random text, but this one didn't have his usual meme that followed. That's how he knew something was wrong.

KookachuYou're not okay
Kookachuwhat do you mean?

Taehyung saw his phone light up. A smile graced his face. He looked up and put to the ocean. All he could think of were the memories Jungkook and he shared on the top of the rigged tower.
*flashback*
"Kook out," Taehyung smiledJungkook shook his head a bitWas it too early in the relationship to say he loved the nicknames Tae gave himInstead of askinghe responded with a simple, "Yeah Tae Tae?"
The older of the two's focus never left the ocean. "What do you think about death?" To mostthe proposed question was obviously melancholy and the simple minded person would have responded with 'I'm sad' or began telling a story about the time they lost a loved oneBut not these twoThe concept of death was intriguing and captivatingThey often fantasized about deathas twisted as that soundedIts not that they were sadistic or cynicalbut because the idea itself was interestingThey wanted to uncover the mysteries of life togetherand in order to uncoveryou must questionSo that was the question of the dayDeath.
"Welldeath is leavingDeath of a personthey've left earthDeath of emotionsthe emotions have gone and you are left numbDeath of pridepride is gone," Jungkook answered
Taehyung laughed a bit. "Leaving." He tilted his head, "that's a new one."
"What about youTaeddy bear?" The latter askedmaking the other burst into laughter. "Taeddy bearthat's cute!" Soon he fell quiet as he put his answer into words. "My thoughts on death are quiet backwards to this society." He startedJungkook stared in aweAlreadyhe could tell that what Taehyung had to say was controversial and deepThis boy spoke with such intellect and reasoning yet he was labeled as vapidDense. Empty headedHe was the total oppositeTaehyung was a visionary. "To medeath is happinessNo matter which way you slice itdeath leads to happiness."
Jungkook squinted his eyes. "Elaborate."
"I willmy love."
Jungkook's rabbit like smile appearedand Taehyung beamed backHis smirk fell right after though. "When people diewhether they believe in heaven or notpeople say they are in a better placehappyWhen emotions diehappiness is always thereNot permanent happiness thoughYou could be numb and find something funny and laughand get that split second of joyWhenever pride diesyou're able to live a life of happiness without ruining it for yourself."

Jungkook couldn't answerHe was shockedHe couldn't find a fault in Taehyung's logic.

"VacuousI know," Taehyung started.
"Its not." Jungkook answeredHe glued his eyes on the ocean and grabbed the others hand.

*end of flashback*

Taehyung laughed and grabbed his phone. He typed a message and hit send ad he began to walk backwards. He put his phone into his pocket and wiped under his nose. "Death is happiness."
Full speed, he ran. Everything seemed to be in slow motion. His jacket flapped and tears rushed down his face. He knew he was slipping anyways. His emotions were becoming void, so why drag it out? Why prolong the inevitable end? He jumped. His phone buzzed in his pocket. He felt like he was flying. "Death is leaving," he said, and at the same time, he could hear his beloveds beautiful voice.
What was eight seconds passed like eighteen minutes. He finally plunged into the water. His jacket flew off in the mist of the dive. Taehyung took deep breaths but instead of filling his lungs with oxygen he filled them with hydrogen oxide.
The air bubbles escaped his body in the form of burps until no more escaped his lips. As his vision faded, his phone passed by his face. He smiled as he saw his last message

KookachuTaeddy bear what are you doingI love you!
Kookachuplease answer me
Kookachucome back
KookachuIm praying that you haven't done it yet
Kookachuplease
KookachuI hate that I'm not enough to keep you off the edge
KookachuI'm sorryI do love youbut you already know thatI can't satisfy you
KookachuI hope you know I never took you for granted and I appreciated you no matter whatI did love you and I still do and I always will
KookachuI know you hate when I repeat things but I'm praying that its enough to keep you from doing it
KookachuI love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you so much Taehyung please don't leave me

Jungkook's face was riddled with tears. He knew what he was talking about now. Taehyung was a light. He was Jungkook's light through everything. He was saying its time for him to find someone new. A replacement. Jungkook could never replace Taehyung, no matter what. He spammed the older's phone, sending the messages of his heart digitally. Sadly, he sent them just a moment too late.

"I just wanted to be enough to save you."

Part 2

Jungkook's feet harshly hit the concrete. He couldn't save him. He drowned in guilt just like Taehyung in his ocean. He was taking a walk though downtown, something to clear his head, but it wasn't working. Everywhere he looked reminded him of Taehyung. The train station, where the two would always cry because Jungkook had to leave Daegu. The alleyways where the two would spray paint the sides of the buildings, with the permission of the owner. That memory made Jungkook chuckle.
*flashback*
"The owner loves mejust as long as I put a 'J' somewherehe won't mind," Jungkook smiledTaehyung grabbed the can of blue spray paint and laughed. "My name is Taehyung and you're watching Disney channel!" He began to draw the Disney logo and Jungkook ate it upThe boy's deep laugh and boxy smile made his heart race so fastJoyful tears almost rushed down his faceHe was so in love with TaehyungTae turned and face the younger and sighedtraces of a smile still evident in his faceAnd with a slight gigglehe grabbed Jungkook's armpulled him closerand kissed himAnd Jungkook melted in his arms.
*end of flashback*

"Taehyung, such a beautiful soul," he smiled as a single tear rolled down. His walking was imbalanced and his vision was blurry. He had no idea where he was going, but he was going. His mind was hazy and for some reason he couldn't speak. His voice cracked whenever he attempted to laugh at his memories and he'd make tiny, unintentional weeps.
"

I know I could have done something more for you Taehyung." He bellowed. The range of his voice was a mess. "But then again, I couldn't." He felt himself slipping into another flashback. He wasn't upset about it, seeing as it was the only way he could see his beloved anymore.
*flashback*
"Taehyungdon't say things like that." His voice was raspy from holding back tearsTaehyung made him so angry but at the same time Jungkook wanted to drown him in his loveHe just wanted to make Taehyung okay. "I'm sorry if it upsets you Kookie Monsterbut its the truthWe are in control of our futuresOur successes and failuresOur deathsIt all lies in the palm of our hands." Jungkook balled his fist in his pocket. "Please stop talking," he somewhat growled. "We can all see ourselves in the futureAll but meWhenever I envision myselfI'm always alonestaring death in the face." He ignored Jungkook. "I can't see myself past eighteenI feel as if I will have experience all the most beautiful moments of life by that ageLovehurtconfusionLove." Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's handThe tears he was holding back spewed uncontrollably now. "Love, Kookie." Tae repeatedstill smilingA quick silence as Jungkook wiped his face. "I don't like you talking like thisI can't see myself without you anymore." Tae put his head down. "You know, Jungkook-" Jungkook's head shot upTaehyung never called him by his first name. "I've extended my time for youMy vision previously ended with me standing atop the golden gate bridgeforgiving all that had done wrong against me. But for now, I see myself sharing a bed with you as we lay and talk about nothing deep yet still pouring out the essence of our souls." He finally looked at the red faced Jungkook. "I thought I had experienced love before youbut I see that I haven'tSo I've extended my life for youBut you have to realizethe day I don't respond to your messages is my dayIt's minesI control itI pin non of it on youThere's nothing you can do to save me.."
*flashback paused*

Jungkook couldn't focus, he ran into the stray bodies in the street and fell multiple times. He didn't even know were he was anymore. He was just wandering, just like his soul.

*flashback started*
"I anythingyou talked me downBut all good things must come to an end." Jungkook was ready to pull his hair out. "I've extended your daysI can extend your lifeYou visions can be trueif you just let me be all you need!" Taehyung shook his head. "There's nothing you can dowhen I say it's my timeits my time."
*flashback ended*

"But there was something I could do! I swear! I just had to find it and I'm too ing late!" Jungkook screamed into the night. He wanted so badly for Taehyung to be there. His body rocked left and right, throwing himself close to the road. "Taehyung, you beautiful ing soul," he cried, tripping himself again. "The heart that was never satisfied with society," he stood as he quoted Taehyung. With a limp, he continued and ended up in the middle of the two way road. Cars honked as they whizzed by, telling him to move out of the way, but he couldn't. His heart was too burdened with guilt so heavy it paralyzed his legs. "Taehyung," he sobbed. "I tried to be everything!, and you threw it away!" He sat in the street. Bright yellow lights sped forward. In a rush, he stood up to leave, but he was too late. In his head sounded Taehyung's voice. "All good things must come to an end," and Jungkook's good thing, his life, had finally ended.

Two souls, bound by hurt. They both thirst to uncover the questions of life, yet they had forgotten to ask the most important ones. What is happiness? Is it tangible? Can it radiate off if one person? Is it toxic? Are we, the vulnerably, emotionally troubled pair, toxic to each other? They saw the world in a new perspective, a perspective that wouldn't survive without each. other.