CHAPTER 001

War Of The Geniuses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoo Eunbyul walked into the room with a wooden spatula in her hands. She breathed in deeply, 

 

  " Yoo Youngjae get your out of the bed this instant! Its 6 in the evening, your shift starts in 30 minutes!" She pulled his hair and sat him in sitting position. She had been screaming her lungs out from the kitchen since 45 minutes ago. She was annoyed that the 27 year old even needed her to wake him up when he was perfectly capable of setting the alarm on his phone by himself. 

 

  " Oh lord yes okay! It hurts, you psychopath!" He glared at the younger one, rubbing the top of his head. But lay back down again as soon as she was on her way out of the room.

 

  " I have been trying to wake you up since 45 minutes ago! Oh my god! Do you even know that you are late!" She took a pillow on the floor, near the door and threw it to her older brother before walking out of the room.

 

Before she closed the door, she could hear him mummbling about being the older one and respect. 'Older one my ' She monologued and walked down the stairs. 

 

   "Why didn't you wake me up earlier? Its five past six!" He scrumbled to the bathroom and slammed the door. 

 

She sighed while saking his head. Eunbyul walked to the kitchen to continue making dinner. The menu for the night was stir-fry chicken, dumpling soup with laver and rice. She was scooping the rice for herself when he hurried down the stairs with his white doctor coat in his hands. 

 

   "Are you eating or not?" She questioned him while washing her hands at the nearby sink. 

 

   "What kind of question is that? of course i'm eating, brat" He took a seat and started eating. 

 

 "That was mine you idiot! Go and take your own rice!" She tried to snatch back the bowl of rice from the older figure but failed. 

"Pretty lil sis, I'm your bother, and you should be ser- ttttt my superior is calling me, I'm late " The little gadget on the dinner table was ringing non stop. He hurriedly stuff the rice and side dishes into his mouth. "I'm going now, Buhbye" Rice spit out of his mouth. He almost chocked his food, "Give me water, faster." Eunbyul handed him a glass of water.

She frowned, disgusted. Is he really 27 or is he 7?  How did he even got into medical school! No manners and no ettiques! She put the dishes used by her older brother into the dishwasher before sitting down on the dinner table to eat. 

 

  "Bye sis, love ya" Eunbyul heard the front door slammed shut and a 'click' sound, to signify that the door was locked with alarm.

 

She was about to stuffed her first spoon of rice into when the house bell rang. "Ugh! What now!" She dragged herself towards the intercom. When she pressed the green button, the screen projected out beam lights, like holograms. She could see a figure dressed in white with a baseball cap on his head. She pressed the green button again to unlock the door. She walked back to the kitchen and started eating. 

 

  "Saw Youngjae hyung outside just now. He looked like he was in a hurry." Jungkook placed a white plastic bag on the table. "My mom packed these for you guys" He pulled the chair and sat on it. 

 

  "He was." She said swallowing her chicken. "He overslept. Which he always does" She snickered. 

 

  "It's Youngjae hyung. What do you expect" He laughed. "Oh by the way, its braised seafood. Don't worry, there's no shrimp in it" He pointed to the plastic bag.

 

She just nodded as a gratitude, thanking him after that. Jungkook's mom always send side dishes to Eunbyul and Youngjae. Maybe because she felt sympathy. Eunbyul and Youngjae lost both of their parents when they were still very young. 

 

  "Have you eaten yet?" She said as she reach out for her second piece of chicken. 

 

The l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter