An Important Conversation

The Long Route

Jieqiong surprisingly wakes up early. She actually didn't have any schedules in the morning. It's probably best for her to catch up on some sleep, but her body clock forces her out of bed and prepares herself for a morning run.

 

“Jieqiong-eonni~” Doyeon calls from the kitchen.

 

Jieqiong was just about to place her headphones onto her ears until she heard her member’s voice. She turned to Doyeon who was also sporting athletic wear. “Doyeonie.” Jieqiong smiles.

 

“Are you going on a run as well?” Doyeon links arms with Jieqiong.

 

“I am!” She replies rather excitedly. “Do you not have activities this morning?”

 

The reach the door and unlink arms so they could put their shoes on. “I’m technically free for the day,” Doyeon explains slyly.

 

The Chinese princess smirks with a raised eyebrow. “Technically?”

 

Doyeon smiles and rolls her eyes. “My schedule today is just practice, but I'm deciding to take a day off. My manager eonni said it was fine so…” she tries to get away from the question. She and Yoojung were supposed to talk to their agency about future debut plans, but Yoojung’s fatty liver started acting up. Her CEO then advised her to visit the company and meet up with the trainees again, but she told him she would be doing some vocal training. It was all convoluted and she did intend on training if she was up for it… but for the most part, today was a rare day off, so why not enjoy it?

 

Jieqiong stands up and Doyeon follows after. There's a look of fear that the Pledis girl will scold her, but she smiles and rolls her eyes. As she opens the door, Doyeon sighs in relief that she wasn't questioned and because of the future release of stress through running.

 

Despite Jieqiong’s advanced athleticism, Doyeon managed to keep up with her running pace. They ran around the streets of Gangnam, enjoying seeing the streets vendors beginning to open shops. It was still too early for morning traffic so not many people were stuck in the middle of the streets. One thing they learned in the industry is that the management didn’t care if they got caught going on a run or something. They were normal people. If they got ‘caught’, nothing scandalous would come out. “IOI’S DOYEON AND KYULKYUNG OUT FOR A RUN”. Also, many other celebrities did this, so it wasn’t a concern for them to be out in public. As long as they told a manager their whereabouts, just in case danger arises, they were ‘free’. They were honored to meet many celebrities this way, who were also in the same boat as them.

 

After around 45 minutes of interval jogging and walking, Doyeon decided to tap out. Worried about the traffic picking up, Jieqiong didn't want her to go home alone, so she decided to go home as well and maybe do some calisthenics in the living room.

 

 

They casually walk home, shortly conversing about the groups they would be officially debuting in. The conversation was bittersweet. They were following their dreams, but they knew they would have to end their run together.

 

Doyeon spots IOI’s favorite convenience store. The thought of grabbing a snack enticed her. “Wanna go to the convenience store?” She asks excitedly.

 

For a second, she thought she was with Yoojung, so when she heard Jieqiong agree, she was initially startled and then disappointed.

 

“What's that face for? Did you want me to say no?” Jieqiong teases Doyeon. She leads the way there while Doyeon tries to come back to the dimension she momentarily switched out of. “What do you want to get? Tteokbokki sounds really good right now.”

 

Why….

 

...did I think I was with Yoojung?

 

Doyeon fully snaps back to reality, knowing Jieqiong would grow suspicious of her, especially after the conversation regarding the “busy, not-busy” schedule today. “Wanna share a regular serving?”

 

The two walk in. Jieqiong sighs, taking in the smell of food. “Ah. You know, I could probably finish a large serving.” Since Jieqiong had a dust mask and sunglasses to cover up her face, she show her exasperation by flailing her arms in the air and then dramatically grabbing Doyeon. “But I’m on this cursed diet.”

 

Doyeon rolls her eyes and smiles while walking to the food court. “Tell me about it.” While Jieqiong drags along, Doyeon goes to the counter. “One order of tteokbokki Yun-imo!”

 

A faint “Deh!” was heard in the background.

 

Doyeon looked at the menu. There was a new daily special. Avocado and apple juice cleanser? Is that even good? Sounds terrible. Wait, aren’t apples and avocados good for your liver? I wonder if Yoojung would want to try it.

 

Jieqiong, being the drama queen she was, took off her sunglasses and squinted at Doyeon, who had forgotten, again, that Jieqiong was with her. “Yun-imo?”

 

Once again, Doyeon was surprised to hear Jieqiong’s voice but tried not to look obvious this time. “Yoojung and I come here often. She’s the owner of this restaurant.”

 

Jieqiong crossed her arms and shook her head. She turned to the menu as well. “Gosh. How often do you guys come here?”

 

Doyeon passively shrugs, but then remembers the obvious close relationship between Jieqiong and Nayoung. She internally smacks her head. “Not many times. Don't worry.” She turns her head and tries to act. “We came here one late night and had a nice talk with the owner. Now we call her Yun-imo.” She smiles genuinely.

 

Jieqiong rolls her eyes. She knew Doyeon was lying about the simplicity of the situation. “I'm not going to tell Nayoung. Don't worry.” She pauses. “Only if you bring me here more often.”

 

Doyeon gave a smirk while rolling her eyes as well. “Call.”

 

After that, the simply stared at the food on display. They both seemed to be deep in thought.

 

Not too long after Jieqiong’s words, “Yun-imo” called for them. “Eunji-yah! your tteokbokki is ready!”

 

Doyeon walked to the counter. She grabbed the tray and smiled. “Thank you imo!”

 

“You here alone?” Yun-imo commented. Jieqiong had caught up to Doyeon. “Where's Chaerin?”

 

Jieqiong was amused by how convoluted their story was getting. “She's feeling sick. I'm here with my other friend though!” She was about to introduce her, but couldn't think of a fake name. She also thought Jieqiong should at least make up her own fake name.

 

Jieqiong was taken aback, but slowly learned to play along. “Hello. My name is Joo Kyul--,” she hung onto the last consonant, realizing her mistake. Doyeon’s eyes were bulging. She quickly scrambled the Korean alphabet and anything really. The next thing popped in her mind. “--Na.”

 

Reluctantly, Yun-imo couldn't hear because of the fan. “Come again?” She leaned over the counter.

 

Jeon Kyulna.” Jieqiong changed her name again.

 

Yum-imo smiled. “Nice to meet another one of Eunji’s friends. I was worried of those two were hooligans because they tend to come late at night or very early in the morning.” Doyeon’s eyes widened.

 

“Oh really?” Jieqiong raised her brows as more of their secrets were spilled. Doyeon avoided eye contact.

 

Yum-imo slapped the counter. “Well. I don't want you to be eating cold tteokbokki! Enjoy your meal girls!”

 

The girls bowed and Doyeon bolted for the table that she and Yoojung usually sit at.

 

Why am I thinking about her a lot?

 

It's because she's not with me and she always is.

 

But I've been here with the other members?

 

“So you come here in the early mornings or late nights?” Jieqiong cocked a playful smile.

 

Doyeon was flustered. Well. I don't take any of the other members here at that time. “Kyulna?” She retorted.

 

Jieqiong… blushed a deep shade of red. Doyeon was surprised of the rather excessive, yet natural reaction. She tried to ignore it.

 

“Eunji?” Jieqiong continued.

 

Jeon Kyulna?” Doyeon smiled at the dumb name that was obviously a dumb mix of the members' names.

 

Jieqiong backed out. “I panicked okay!” She pulled apart her chopsticks and grabbed the first piece of tteokbokki.

 

Doyeon did the same, forgetting there was food. “I wanted to be Jihyun, but Chae told me not to, so I chose Eunji instead. The Ji consonant stayed with me and I feel like Apink when I hear it. Chaerin is a great entertainer.” Doyeon sloppily inserts that comment. Jieqiong understood the 2NE1 reference though. “At least they're names that makes sense.”

 

Jieqiong rolled her eyes and took another bite. She knew that Doyeon wants to know if there's more to the name choice. Plus, if she can feel her hot cheeks, Doyeon could see them and wants to question the connection. "Man, I wish we had gotten the larger serving," she says while picking at the few pieces left, "I guess we have to do what we have to do." Jieqiong hoped she could change the topic.

 

Doyeon is a smart girl though. She picks up the pieces and lets things go, but not without teasing her eonni. “You're stuck with that name, Kyulna.”

Jieqiong feels her cheeks burning again, thinking about how she came up with that name. She tries to change the subject. “So how often do you and Chaerin come here?” Jieqiong was adapting to their secrecy but still acted unnaturally.

 

Doyeon shrugs again. She stares at her chopsticks. “Maybe,” she stretches the last syllable as she counts. A lot, she wants to say. “One, two, three, four, five times a month?” She was hoping that wasn't a lot because it really wasn't, “depends on how tired we are after class.”

 

Doyeon stared at the table and drew random Hangul characters with her finger. “We usually come to get ice cream, but the smell of tteokbokki gets to us so every once in a while we get that too. I think once a month we the daily special. On our cheat days we get instant ramyun.” Doyeon smiles to herself. Jieqiong was observing Doyeon getting lost in her own world. If Jieqiong didn't have a relationship like that, she would've been jealous.

 

Doyeon continues to ramble while staring at the table. “I was actually thinking of getting her that apple, avocado drink. I heard it's good for the liver and she needs that right now because that kid doesn't take care of herself.” She rolls her eyes and rest her chin on her fist. “She's got a lot of talent, but she's so delicate sometimes. I wish she didn't think of that as something dragging her down though. It's who she is. I worry with all her talent, the one thing bringing her down from her debut is her health.” She sighs and reflects. Jieqiong wonders if Doyeon even remembered she was there. “I'm going to miss this place when we leave.” She randomly blurts out.

 

Jieqiong nodded. For some odd reason, she felt like she was bonding with Doyeon and that they were sharing secrets that the rest of IOI didn't know. She knew they snuck out, but she didn't know this frequently. No one knew about the code names or their closeness to Yun-imo. To them, this place was more than the supermarket a few blocks away.

 

Taking this all in, she felt pressured to finally let out what's been in her mind. If Doyeon was willing to share her world, why couldn't she?

 

“Eunji-yah,” Jieqiong starts but hesitates. When Doyeon noticed Jieqiong's lack of a continuation, she looked straight at Jieqiong. She grew concerned seeing that Jieqiong suddenly grew dark. Her hands were tightly folded in front of her. Had she been like that all the time? Why hadn't I noticed? Damnit Doyeon. Look out for your members.

 

“Are you okay, eonni?” Doyeon reaches out and grabs Jieqiong’s hands. Seeing that she wasn't going to pull away eased her mind, but Doyeon was still concerned over Jieqiong's unusual quietness.

 

“Umm.” Jieqiong contemplates the next few words. Unknown to Doyeon, she was about to drop an atomic bomb. She was trying to figure out if there was a way to ease into things. Maybe send in a small brigade or a militia with a simple peace treaty.

 

“You can tell me what's on your mind. If it's something personal, I won't tell anyone. Not even Yoojung.” Doyeon blurts out while holding out her pinky. Jieqiong noticed Doyeon used Yoojung’s real name, but both of them seemed to care less with Jieqiong’s situation.

 

This was too perfect and Jieqiong was suspicious of Doyeon’s impeccable timing, but she needed to let whatever was on her mind out. She'd been bottling it up for a long time and she didn't know if she'd get an opportunity like this again.

 

She took Doyeon’s pinky and didn't let go, simply staring at basically their blood bond. “I've been thinking about something for a while.” Doyeon stared at her, bracing herself for the worst. “It's kind of crazy.” Jieqiong purses her lips. Her heart was beating against her chest. “But it's been bothering me.”

 

Doyeon was getting impatient and nervous. Did Jieqiong-eonni kill someone? Is she thinking about quitting after IOI’s promotions? Is she moving back to China?

 

“What's your opinion,” Jieqiong pauses again, thinking if her next phrase contained the safest possible words, “on girls.”

 

Doyeon wasn't sure what Jieqiong was asking. Actually, she wasn't even sure if Jieqiong finished asking her question. Jieqiong didn't continue, rather looked away and shut . “What about girls?”

 

Jieqiong pulled her pinky away and tugged at the hem of her shirt. She wanted to rip it and scream.

 

Zhou Jieqiong, you made it this far, don't chicken out.

 

Doyeon wasn't sure what was going on, but she knew whatever Jieqiong was talking about seemed like a big step. “If you're not comfortable--.”

 

“What do you think about girls liking girls?” Jieqiong finally spat out.

 

Doyeon shut .

 

She pondered a little bit. She thought about going to LA for Kcon and seeing gay and lesbian couples. She personally didn't think it was a horrible thing like society portrays it. Heck, she wouldn't blame her if she liked girls considering how often they saw each other .

 

But wait.

 

Why is she asking me that?

 

Did I say something about Yoojung that implied…

 

That I like girls?

 

Doyeon reminded herself that Jieqiong was waiting for an answer and by the looks of it, asking that question seemed very nerve wracking.

 

She was about to respond until she heard a familiar voice.

 

“One latte. Dark roast please.” A man with a husky voice ordered.

 

His voice had triggered bad memories of her and Yoojung running home and them being called by the YMC CEO for news regarding some rather illegal activity between the two. This dangerous man was a reporter and scoured for any dirt.

 

Doyeon’s eyes bulged out. They needed to leave and they needed to leave now.

 

“Eonni. I promise I will answer your question, but we need to leave right now.”

 

Jieqiong's heart sunk, but she was slightly concerned about Doyeon’s sudden flight over fight expression. Doyeon grabbed their empty tray and threw out the contents and then grabbed Jieqiong’s hand. “Let's go,” she demanded with a lot of urgency.

 

Jieqiong had no idea what was going on. To say she was scared seemed like an understatement, but she trusted Doyeon knew what she was doing.

 

When they had entered the convenience store, they entered through the main entrance, as their escape, they went through the side entrance since it was the fastest way out. Doyeon habitually follows the path home.

 

Jieqiong tugged on Doyeon’s arm. “Why are you going this way? If we pass by the front we'll get home quicker.”

 

There's a quicker path?

 

The thought of staying near the convenience store seemed dangerous. Doyeon wanted to be as far away from the parameter of the store as soon as possible. “This way has more side streets.”

 

Doyeon was about to run, but Jieqiong was strong. “We might get lost.”

 

In the window, Doyeon could see the man. He wasn't facing the window, possibly still waiting for his coffee, but his leather briefcase made her anxious. “Please.”

 

Jieqiong saw the passion in Doyeon’s eyes. She nodded and the other girl pulled her towards the direction. “I'll explain things later.”

 

 

Maybe it was the fact that the sight of the reporter distorted her calm mind. Maybe it was the fact that her usual partner in crime wasn’t there to keep her in check. Despite Doyeon’s confidence, she had gotten the two lost within the winding side streets.

 

The two had been running for nearly 10 minutes. Doyeon knew she had gotten them lost when the path started looking unfamiliar and realizing that after this amount of time, they were nowhere near their dorm.

 

Doyeon stopped in a narrow alleyway. No one was in sight and it seemed like the coast was clear.

 

Jieqiong was catching her breath. Her mind was jumbled. Did her question cause Doyeon to run? “Mind telling me what’s up?” She sounded slightly angrier than intended.

 

Doyeon closed her eyes and bowed. Blood rushed to her head and felt like it was burning, but she knew she had to explain something. “You can’t tell the other members okay?”

 

Great. More secrets.

 

Am I going to know Doyeon’s life story by the end of today?

 

Jieqiong crossed her arms and hummed in agreement. She stood across from the panting Doyeon.

 

I guess the more I know about her, the more likely she’s going to keep my secret.  

 

“A long time ago, a little after our Dream Girls promotion, Yoojung and I were drinking with some male trainees with our company.” Doyeon looked guilty and scared that Jieqiong was going to judge her. “It was one time! I know we weren’t supposed to do it, but at the moment, it seemed alright!”

 

Jieqiong softened her gaze. She realized she may have come off as disappointed due to her earlier angry face.

 

“Well, the two of us didn’t want to come home drunk because we were sure Nayoung-eonni or Chungha-eonni would catch us or Sohye or Somi would maybe smell us. We went to the convenience to sober up with some food--that’s what our oppas told us to do--and to maybe get rid of the smell.”

 

Jieqiong nodded. She looked at the streets, thinking about something Doyeon said, but looked back at the storyteller. Doyeon started easing up, but the of this story was being reached. “I thought we weren’t rowdy, but I remember talking to this old man and asking him what was the best thing to eat after drinking. I know that was reckless, but how was I supposed to know at the moment.” Doyeon shut her eyes, angry at all the stupid mistakes she and Yoojung made that night. Jieqiong uncrossed her arms and stood next to Doyeon, putting an arm around Doyeon's waist. Doyeon comfortably leaned her head on Jieqiong’s. “He told us to get whatever we wanted, and I paid with the company card. Yoojung and I toned down, but I swear at the corner of my eye he was watching us and even taking notes.” Doyeon takes a deep breathe. “I had a bad feeling about him, but I couldn't will myself to leave. The next thing you know, Yoojung and I were called by the president and Nayoung-eonni was glaring at us when we met in the hallway.”

 

Doyeon shut her eyes. Jieqiong tried to comfort her by rubbing her back and shoulder. “We shouldn't have drunk. Now that man is always on IOI’s tail.”

 

Jieqiong shushes her. The one thing on her mind is comforting Doyeon, considering she just let out a huge secret. Nonetheless, she grew more concerned of her own.

 

“I'm sorry eonni. I didn't even get to answer your question.” Doyeon’s impeccable timing strikes again.

 

“It's not that important.” Jieqiong backs out. She didn't care for an opinion anymore. She was terrified of the reporter.

 

“I know we live in a society that is against it, but I support you.” Doyeon let's out. “Girls who like girls aren't horrible. Heck, I'm sure all of us are attracted to each other more than just friends. When we went to LA for KCon, I saw lots of gay and lesbian couples. I want you to be happy eonni. Just be wary of that reporter, well, any reporter for that matter.”

 

Despite being scared of that reporter, Doyeon’s words did ease her mind.The idea didn't initially register in her head, but then a rush of relief hit Jieqiong.

 

She wasn't crazy.

 

She smiled widely and tears suddenly flew out. Doyeon was quick to wipe them away. It was a breath of fresh air after being stuck in a stuffy practice room. “If you want to date Nayoung-eonni, date Nayoung-eonni. Just don't hog her all the time, she's a great person to cuddle with actually.”

 

Jieqiong laughs. Everything felt absurd now. “How do you know that?”

 

Doyeon looks away. “I had a nightmare once when Yoojung was in the hospital and I asked Nayoung if I could sleep with her.”

 

Jieqiong shakes her head, but she was glad she knew that information. “Not that.” She chuckles. “I know that already.” Doyeon raises an eyebrow at the secret she thought only Nayoung and Chungha knew. “How did you know it was Nayoung?”

 

Doyeon raised her eyebrow and crosses her arms. “Who else would it be? Crazy Somi? Penguin? You don't talk to Chungha that much. You're not allowed to have Yoojung. I highly doubt you've been talking to Mina or Sejeong. Chaeyeon and Yeunjeung are too busy to give you the time of day. Isn't it obvious?”

 

Jieqiong rolls her eyes, but smiles. “Do you know the way home?”

 

Doyeon pulls her phone out. “This conversation isn't over!” She opens a navigation application. She suddenly remembers the bet she had with Yoojung and intended to keep their promise. She looked for directions to somewhere near the convenience store so she could go somewhere safe from cheating the bet and possibly be safe from the reporter.

 

Doyeon leads. “So are you guys together together?”

 

Jieqiong smiles. “No, but I realized that I had been thinking about her more and getting jealous when she acts affectionately to the other members.”

 

Ha. I'm kinda the same with Yoojung too~

 

Wait.

 

“I haven't told the other girls because I felt like they'd be okay with it, but secretly judge me. I know we're all close and affectionate, so I didn't want others to act differently around me.” Jieqiong passively confessed.

 

Doyeon did not know where the conversation was going, but a part of her had a hunch. She ignored the hunch since she was focusing on getting home.

 

“I won't tell anyone.” Doyeon thought that was the hunch. She smile comfortably causing Jieqiong to smile as well. Jieqiong didn't seem at ease just yet though. “I know in Korea it's not accepted, but there's a few girls in my old cheerleading team that liked girls and it took a while, but that made me realize that who they liked didn't affect how they cheered and it doesn't affect them as a person.” Doyeon confessed. She hoped it would give Jieqiong a piece of mind. That she wasn't bluffing and meant it.

 

They reached nearby the side of the convenience store and Doyeon turns off the app because she now knows the way home.

 

Jieqiong wasn't sure if she should probe, but after today's events, curiosity was killing her and she didn't know if she and Doyeon were going to share another moment like this. “Do you…”

 

Doyeon, not hearing the shy Chinese girl, interrupted, “which way did you say was faster?”

 

Jieqiong sighed, wondering if maybe this wasn't the right time to ask, “near the front entrance.”

 

Doyeon nodded and ignored the ‘long way home’ even though it had a green light. If Jieqiong-eonni says it's quicker, then why not go home this way.

 

Jieqiong gained courage again, knowing she didn't have much time. “Doyeonie~” she walked next to Doyeon and linked arms.

 

Doyeon smiled at her beagleness. “Deh, eonni?”

 

Jieqiong contemplated her words. “Can I ask you a question after we pass the convenience store?”

 

Mini Jun Jihyun didn't like the connotation of the question. Sure a scary reporter might be there, but what did she want to ask that was so dangerous? “Sure,” she meekly replied.

 

The two walked in silence when passing the convenience store. Jieqiong wanted to give some foreground, but was too scared that it would cause suspicion if there were a scary reporter there.

 

They crossed the street and Jieqiong hadn't said anything. Doyeon’s heart was beating. She had no idea what was coming at her.

 

Finally Jieqiong spoke. “You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable, but I wanted to ask, since this is the reason why I confided to you.”

 

Doyeon was still confused, but suddenly the hunch came back, this time stronger.

 

“Do you,” she hesitates, “like Yoojung?”

 

Doyeon didn't respond. Her suspicion wasn't exactly met, but she understood where Jieqiong was coming from.

 

She slowed her pace and thought about it for a while.

 

Do I…

 

Like Yoojung?

 

I mean I like her as a friend and a member,

 

But do I like her as anything more?

 

She opened . She was going to say a safe response.

 

Jieqiong replied. “Do you like her more than a friend?” Doyeon shut .

 

There goes the safe response.

 

Doyeon purses her lips. She never really thought about it until now.

 

She had been so focused on debuting and singing and dancing.

 

She thought she saw Yoojung solely as her member and someone she's trained with for a long time.

 

But Yoojung…she's something special.

 

Yoojung is the one who will go with her to the convenience store at 3 in the morning despite being tired from practice.

 

Yoojung is the one who was willing to learn cheerleading from her from both the Fantagio trainees and IOI.

 

Yoojung is the one she wants to help when she can't reach tall places.

 

Yoojung is the one she looks up to because of her training period and desire to debut.

 

Yoojung is the one she wants to protect from hate comments because Doyeon knows she has a sensitive soul.

 

Yoojung is the one she wants to take care of when she's exhausted or her fatty liver acts up. (May I add that Doyeon wants to be the only one to take care of her.)

 

Yoojung is the one she wants to see when she's upset or confused or happy.

 

So…

 

What is Yoojung to Doyeon?

 

“I haven't thought about it until now,” Doyeon confesses.

 

The two had walked silently home. Jieqiong noticed Doyeon’s slow walking and serious face, so she didn't bother interrupting her train of thought. Doyeon’s response gave Jieqiong a sense of… hope.

 

She didn't have to say it, but Jieqiong understood.

 

Doyeon at least considered the idea.

 

They were at the apartment. Jieqiong poked the code to enter the building.

 

“Can we take the stairs?” Doyeon spontaneously asks.

 

The idea of walking 5 flights of stairs sounded horrid, but Jieqiong agreed. She opened the door to the staircase. “Do you have anything you want to say?”

 

Doyeon, still with concern in her eyes, scrunched her face a little. “Not really. I just wanted to take some time to think because it know it'll be the dragon's lair when we get back.”

 

Jieqiong breathes out and smiles at the fact.

 

They walk up the first flight.

 

“If you want to talk about this, I'm here for you. I'm not pressuring the idea on to you, but if you're thinking too hard, it might take over you,” Jieqiong spoke from experience.

 

Doyeon smiled with appreciated. “Thanks, eonni.”

 

They walk another flight of stairs.

 

Doyeon adds. “I was thinking about this a little, but don't be discouraged if Nayoung denies you at first.”

 

Jieqiong slows her pace and looks at Doyeon. She was a little hurt. “Why would you say that?”

 

Doyeon purses her lip. “I feel bad for saying this, but she's our leader. She puts the team before herself. I think she likes you, too, honestly, but she'd be too worried about the media and about being caught. How scary does it look when the leader of IOI and the future Pledis girl group turns out to be lesbian?”

 

Jieqiong’s face turns dark. She actually hadn't thought about it because she was so worried about people not accepting her if she came out. There's Nayoung to consider too. Not just Im Nayoung, but IOI’s leader Nayoung, and Pledis Girls’ leader Nayoung.

 

She felt so selfish.

 

They had reached the fourth floor, the third being full of silence.

 

Doyeon added. “Knowing her, she would take all the blame, too.”

 

Jieqiong choked up. She was relieved with Doyeon accepting her, but now she was faced with another obstacle: the fear of taking a risk.

 

“I want you guys to be happy though.” They had reached the fifth floor. Doyeon opened the door and Jieqiong walked in.

 

Jieqiong tried going back to her usual peppy self. “Why are you assuming that Nayoung-eonni even likes me?” She realizes that was a dangerous question considered it made her heart flutter thinking about Nayoung liking her.

 

They reached the door. Doyeon rolls her eyes, making Jieqiong curious. Doyeon takes her key out, but doesn't open the door. “You guys have more chemistry than Sejeong-eonni and Chungha-eonni.” She unlocks the door.

 

The sounds of Somi, Sohye, and Yoojung hollering in the dorm living room assures them that they are home.

 

“And that's saying something.” She braces herself before opening the door.

 

Jieqiong smiles at Doyeon’s words.

 

“Doyeon-eonni! Jieqiong-eonni! You guys are home!” Somi’s voice booms through the hallway.

 

The two greet the beagles.

 

“Doyeonie!” Yoojung jumps at Doyeon.

 

Doyeon is taken by surprise. Her face turns red and she doesn't know why. “Yah. I just came from a run with Jieqiong-eonni. I’m gross and sweaty and don't have the energy to carry you!”

 

“Carry me too Doyeon-eonni!” Somi calls out.

 

“Yah!” Doyeon complains. “I thought you weren't feeling well Yoojung! Somi-yah! What are you doing?” She untangles herself from Yoojung and tries to run away.

 

She runs to her room, but stops when she sees Nayoung with an apron on and Jieqiong affectionately asking for food. Doyeon sees the smile on the Stone Leader’s face.

 

Somi, Sohye, and Yoojung manage to tackle Doyeon down. The Pledis girls look at the crazy dogpile.

 

“Kids~ leave Doyeonie alone,” Nayoung commands the children.

 

The three beagles listen to their leader. They go to the middle of the living room and turn on some music.

 

“I can't wait for Nayoung-eonni’s food!”

Sohye cheers.

 

Jieqiong looks at the beagles and wants to join in, but her heart tells her to stay with Nayoung. She accidentally locks eyes with Doyeon, who gives her a teasing grin back.

 

They speak with their eyes, Jieqiong giving Doyeon a warning look that she can't give anything away. Doyeon rolls her eyes and mouths “she likes you”, before leaving.

 

“Doyeonie~ come play with us after you clean up!” Yoojung says with aegyo, despite being a 19-year-old.

 

For some odd reason, Doyeon’s fatigue went away and she came to play despite wanting to rest for the day.

 

--

 

A/N: I apologize for basically the month long wait T.T Here's a super long update to make up for lost time (and expect future updates to be like this too~) !

Added random Napink because I'm Napink trash and it really fit the storyline lol. I was thinking of putting in Sechung, but I think I'm going to post a fic with them as the main couple before I start featuring them in other fics ^^

Anywho. I hope you like the fic so far and you excited for future chapters~ Comment below what you've liked so far and please vote for the outcome of this story! I may post all alternate endings, but will take into consideration what you guys want~ 

Hope you guys are enjoying the summer!