Change of Plans.

Like Oh 2.0
Please log in to read the full chapter

Melanie entered Serena's room at five in the morning. "Hey." She the lights, but didn't see her sister. "Where she go?" She noticed her sister's things still left on the dresser before shutting off the light, closing the door, and walking towards the living room. "Serena?" There was no response once the younger woman scanned the area as well. "Serena?" Melanie called her sister's name one more time just as she let out a groan. "She better not be in her stupid little secret hideout." Melanie made her way towards the closet and stepped inside to make her way into 503 from 501 through the secret entry way.

Serena told Melanie about the other apartment several days after her birthday when she was talking about Mark like usual. It just slipped and Melanie wasn't mad or anything that Mark had found out first. Or that the two hung out more than she and he ever would. Melanie was upset that Serena hadn't told her about it in the first place After that Serena got another copy of the key made in case her sister wanted to spend time in the smaller apartment if she didn't want to travel through the closet. So far, it's been okay as Melanie's been hanging out in the bigger one and Serena has been in the smaller one as of late.

Melanie called out for her sister once she was inside 503. "Serena!" She yelled out loud enough for Serena to hear as the older woman stirred atop from her sleeping area, but went back to bed thinking it was just something in her dreams. "Serena." It came again and Serena knew that it wasn't a dream. "What?" Serena asked as she opened her eyes while sitting up and slowly made her way to the railing to look below. "What do you want?" Serena glared while letting out a yawn. "There's a change of plans." Melanie said as she climbed the stairs and sat at the top step. "We're not going back home."

"Why?" Serena asked as she ran a hand through her hair. "Remember how I told you that the flight got switched last minute last night." "Yeah." "I went to go and check us in for it, but it got switched to another gate. Then that flight got delayed and now it got cancelled." "That's so ing dumb. So what are you gonna do?" "Just waiting for the airlines to refund me. The next flight back home has two connecting flights, but doesn't leave until later tonight." "So?" "I also have to reconnect us, but there's like a six hour layover before take off." "That's so freaking dumb." Serena groaned as she lied back down. "You could've just let me sleep in."

"Because I don't want you yelling at me for not waking your up, that's why." Melanie countered as she moved from the top step and lied down at the other side of the bed. "I guess we won't be home for the holidays." Serena muttered with eyes closed as Melanie agreed. "Yeah. The boys will be so disappointed." "It's okay. They have their own ladies to celebrate it with, except James." "You do remember that you and James still have that snowman contest to finish right from last year?" Melanie looked at her sister as Serena opened her eyes to turned her gaze onto her sister as well. "Ugh, I do. Oh well, I guess this year we just won't do it."

Melanie then looked up at the ceiling with a thoughtful expression. "This will be our first Christmas in Seoul." Serena did the same thing. "Yeah. This will be our first Christmas here and not back at home. Sounds kinda sad." "That's just you." Melanie laughed as Serena rolled her eyes, but knew it was the truth. "Whatever." She to her side away from Melanie and closed her eyes. "I'm going back to bed. There's another blanket in the closet if you're going to sleep here." "Yeah, too lazy to go back to the other apartment." Melanie grabbed the extra blanket and soon fell asleep with Serena joining her a second later.

~~~~~~~

It was two in the afternoon when Melanie decided to go Christmas decorations shopping now that she and Serena weren't going home. Melanie let Serena sleep in as she borrowed Serena's card again for miscellaneous usage and this shopping trip was for miscellaneous items. While driving around town to shop for specific items she made a stop at a Dunkin' Donuts close to home as she wanted something warm to drink and buy donuts for her and Serena. Melanie wasn't aware which Dunkin' Donuts she had went to causing her to bump into GOT7's leader at the same time when she got her order.

"Whoa, my bad. I'm sorry. Oh, hey noona." Jaebeom greeted with a small smile gracing his lips as he was carrying two drink carriers when he and Melanie slightly bumped into one another when she had turned around from grabbing a few napkins. "Oh, um, hi?" Melanie let out like a question as she didn't recognized the person due to them being covered up cozily. "Do I know you?" She asked a second later when she still couldn't figure out who it was. Jaebeom laughed softly as he leaned forward to whisper for her to only hear in English. "It's me, Jeffrey."

"Hey." Melanie greeted back in English with more enthusiasm as she stared at the idol's get-up better and switched back to Korean. "I can see it now." She smiled a bit embarrassed at not recognizing him nor his voice off the bat. "Sorry about running into you." "Oh, no, don't be sorry, noona. It's all good. I wasn't looking either." He cast her a reassuring smile, but she didn't see it due to the scarf obscuring it from view. "Anyways, what are you doing on this side of town?" Jaebeom asked Melanie as the duo made their way out of the cafe and began walking across the street towards the JYP building although Melanie still wasn't aware of it.

"I went Christmas shopping earlier and just stopped by the first coffee place I saw on the way back to unnie's place." She explained. "How about you? What are you doing on this side of town?" Melanie asked as the two were now inside the JYP building through the back way as to avoid fans and other people. Jaebeom let out a laugh as Melanie elbowed him. "Why is that funny?" "Did you not see what building we entered?" Melanie actually took in her surroundings, but didn't think much of it as she saw people here and there along with other things. "No." He let out a

Please log in to read the full chapter