✓ Chapter 4

Playful Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoo Jeongyeon is busy in preparing the chicken noodle soup for the sick little girl, although she never did this before, something inside her cares about the little girl. Looking through the fridge, she grabs the ingredients that she needed. Just when she closed the fridge using her foot, she startled seeing Nayeon looking at her.

"Geez! IM NAYEON! You scared the out of me!" she stated while her left hand holding the ingredients and her right hand on her heart.

"What are you doing?" nayeon asked with her arm crossed in her chest.

"Isn’t obvious? I’m cooking..." but before she can continue, nayeon cut her off.

"I know Jeongyeon, I'm not stupid.... what I mean is... you never done this before." nayeon said while looking on the floor.

“I don’t get you Nayeon…” Jeongyeon said while she puts everything on the table and gets the pot from the cabinet.

“You never cooked for me…” nayeon mumbles but the brown haired girl heard her.

“You’re not my responsibility nayeon” the latter said while looking straight at the frozen girl.

 

Deafening silence surrounds the two of them. She can feel the tension in her eyes. She knows this girl very well. She knows that this girl is slowly falling to the other girl, and she hates it… she hates that the girl who once belongs to her is starting to fall to some nerd. She started to regret the decision she made years ago. “If only I can rewind everything” she thought. 

Jeongyeon doesn’t know what’s going on Nayeon’s mind. She loved this girl but the pain is still in her heart. If only she can get her heart out of her body and put some Band-Aid on it.

“This girl is not worth it… she doesn’t deserve my love” she keeps on repeating those words to remind herself.

Jeongyeon turns on the stove and adds the butter on the pot. She cooks the onion and celery in butter. She then pours in chicken and vegetable broths and stirs in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. The other girl watches her cook. She then remembers the bet.

“Are you falling for her?” nayeon broke the silence. While the other girl is waiting for the soup to boil, she gave her attention to the latter and look directly in her eyes. “I am not Nayeon, stop saying crazy things!”

The two were cut off by Sana. “Yah! We’re done preparing the table. Don’t you guys want to eat?”

“I will wait for the soup. You guys should eat first.” Jeongyeon said. Before Nayeon can protest cause she wants to eat with Jeongyeon, the latter’s phone rings.

“Yeah… uhmmm.. don’t worry, everything is fine. She’s sleeping in my room… Yes, you can come here. Okay, see y-“ before she can continue, the other line was gone.

“She hung up again! That nerd!” Jeongyeon is pissed. “Momo is coming, don’t make anything stupid or expose me… okay?” she ordered to the girls who nodded obediently except nayeon who was obviously pissed off but Jeongyeon didn’t give her any attention.

“Let’s eat now girls, so we can give Jeongyeon and her girlfriend some space later” Mina said with a smirk and wink in which she received a glare from Jeongyeon. Sana playfully pokes Jeongyeon’s arm.

“Stop it, Shiba! Just finish your food guys and GET LOST!”

“okay! Fine!” Sana said

 

Thirty minutes passed and Jeongyeon heard the doorbell.

*Ding Dong*

Jeongyeon rushed to the door she opened it with a small smile but momo wasn’t alone, chaeyoung was with her as soon as momo came in she wanted to take off her shoes but jeongyeon stopped her

“We don’t take off our shoes”

Momo bowed humbly and shyly and looked around at the luxury house

“Where is mira?”

“Sleeping, follow me” jeongyeon said and walked to her room while walking sana came and greeted them and introduced herself to momo.

“Hello guys! I’m Sana!” she offered her hand to Momo and Chaeyoung which they gladly accept. She then introduces her other friends.

“This is Mina, our dearest penguin” the latter elbows Sana.

“Ouch!! I'm just kidding” Sana said while smiling at Mina. Mina introduces the girl who is glaring at Momo.

“This is Nayeon-unnie” Mina said. She then noticed how Nayeon looks to Momo so she grabs her wrist and excuses themselves to the visitors.

Chaeyoung’s eyes didn’t leave Sana alone at all, but they have to act as strangers, cause chaeyoung was never sana’s ‘Type’ as she claimed and dating her would be a waste.

Momo opened the door slowly and saw Mira in a pink pajama, hugging a Sponge Bob doll… she kissed her forehead and caressed her head… jeongyeon was standing by the door, watching this unusual warm scene until momo noticed an empty Ice Cream cup on the bedside table, she held it and looked at jeongyeon with shocked eyes

“What is this?”

“uhm I had to give her suppository she was scared so I let her eat ice cream after she agreed to take it” jeongyeon said touching her nape cause deeply she knows she did wrong.

“You let a sick kid eat ice cream and it’s snowing outside” chaeyoung said and stood behind jeongyeon.

“WELL HELLO! I JUST GAVE HER SUPPOSITORY!” jeongyeon yelled a bit making mira move in her sleep.

Momo pushed both jeongyeon and chaeyoung out of the room

“Don’t wake her up!” she said in a low voice

“That !” chaeyoung said pointing at jeongyeon who yelled back

“You are IN MY HOUSE !”

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes “what if mira got sicker!!??”

“She won’t and if it did happen jeongyeon did well” momo complimented but chaeyoung was unpleased while jeongyeon was staring at momo, how can she be so pure and positive like this??

Chaeyoung shook her head and went to mira to check on her when momo smiled at jeongyeon warmly

“Thank you jeongyeon-ah”

The latter shrugged her shoulder “Well I did my best-“ she got cut off when momo tiptoed and kissed her on her cheek making her freeze in her place “I- I- I will check on mira!” momo said nervously and left

Jeongyeon touched her cheek where momo kissed her and smiled when nayeon came

“Since when cheek kisses make you smile?” she asked arrogantly

“Geez Nayeon! Can you stop appearing like a ghost? What kind of demon possessed you right now that you keep on appearing like this?! “

Nayeon glared at her. She knows Nayeon very well. She knows the meaning behind this glare.

“I didn’t smile… I was wiping it” jeongyeon rolled her eyes

Nayeon stood closer and was about to say something but jeongyeon went to the window

“It’s SNOWIIING!” she cheered and went back to her room leaving nayeon alone

*knock…knock*

Jeongyeon saw Momo caressing Mira’s hair while Chaeyoung was standing on the corner.

“uhmmm… I prepared a soup for Mira.. Would you like to feed her?” Jeongyeon asked Momo while looking on the floor cause she’s embarrassed.

“No! What if you put some poison in it!” chaeyoung fires back to Jeongyeon. She wants to yell back at chaeyoung but she saw Momo stand in front of her and hug her tightly.

“Thank you for everything” Momo softly says. Jeongyeon was frozen in a minute. She hates skinship but with Momo’s touch, her body suddenly becomes weak.

“I'm hungry too..” momo cutely pouts. The latter can’t help but smile at momo’s cute action

“Okay. Let’s eat first, I haven’t eate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter