Prologue - Momo

The Holiday

Some cracking sounds come out when Hirai Momo stretches her limbs, as though screaming after so many hours spent sitting in front of computer trying to design a nice rabbit hutch, and for s sake, Momo is tired. Four friggin' years of college and a year in ty interior company with even tier boss and this is all she got, task to make rabbit cage for nearby elementary school renovation project. She didn't sign up for this kind of ridiculous job.

It's getting late, her eyes are sore and neck stiff, even the soft sound of tickling clock has begun to annoy her so much, so Momo decides it's time to call it a day. She then remembers earlier this afternoon she'd been invited to join a drinking party by her colleagues. Momo turns her phone to life with quick slide across its screen, 10:08 PM and picture of smiling Im Nayeon flashes back at her brightly.

Ah, Nayeon.

Momo sighes, lips curling into slight smile at the thought of her Korean colleague whom she has been pining on since the first day Momo arrived at this company. The source of energy that keeps her strong enough to bear all the daily tortures she receives from her seniors and boss, the light that always shine along the dark path of her life—

Okay, that's enough of cheese for tonight, Momo tucks her phone back into her pocket and walks out of office, bouncing happily towards the bar they frequent. She's sure all of her colleagues - including Nayeon - are still there, and she needs her extra dose of the other girl's cute bunny smile for this extra tiring day so she can go home and get sounder sleep.

———————

This bar Momo and her office mates often visits located in Osaka's bustling business district Umeda, perched on top floor of a five storey building, hence their main attraction is stunning night view of the surrounding area. Even during weekdays, it's more often than not their visitors are couple on romantic date besides group of employees who need few shots of drinks to replenish their weary selves after work hours.

"Hirai senpai! What took you so long?"

One of Momo's colleagues, young woman with elegant aura around her, calls out from their table, waving eagerly for her to come join them.

"Sorry, I was held back by stupid bunnies hole..." Momo halts on her track. A scowl immediately forms across her face upon observing not only Nayeon is currently sitting in another table outside on the terrace, another girl with very short hair is also with her and they are holding hands while chatting intimately.

The said colleague notice her staring, following her gaze to the pair. "Oh, you just missed the sweetest proposal of the century, y'know? That Nayeon's girlfriend - fiancee now - pretended to be member of the live band and while singing her favourite song, presented a ring and surprised her with the question! She's so cool isn't she?"

Few times in the past, Momo had ever heard gossip about Nayeon already has girlfriend; they are in long distance relationship because this girl is pursuing master degree somewhere in the other side of the world. It was the lack of proof and, perhaps, inability of Momo to accept such horrid truth that had made her persistently brushed it off as just mere rumour and kept hope soaring high.

Thus now, with everything lies bare before her, the jab of reality pierces Momo sharply, pain flares through her heart, tearing an involuntary little gasp from , and causing her vision blur. Pairs of eyes roam over her with half confusion and half concern.

"Myoui, I should go back! Suddenly remember I left the hutch's draft. Gotta revise it at home." Momo blurts the first random reason crossing her mind right away. No one would believe though, Hirai Momo does not think about work as soon as she steps out of the company's building, but she can't care less about that now - ignoring her friends' call, Momo ranaway from the bar.