The Cage

Hecate: MoonSun One Shots

Solar noticed every new face at The Cage because she came to that place almost every day of the week. The main reason was their outfit. The regulars wore the most comfortable clothes to The Cage because it can get really hot during the most anticipated event: the Brawl. Most men came in plain t-shirt and worn out jeans. The women preferred short pants and tank tops. So when a girl with a smooth slim fit shirt and a pair of tight khaki pants came to The Cage, Solar couldn't help but think that the girl entered the wrong bar or someone had tricked her into it. But the girl was enjoying herself. She was having a cold beer with her girl friend who was wearing a dress that accentuated her curves. Those two looked so out of place. 

Moonbyul came to Solar's table and put a tall glass of green liquid in front of her. "What are you looking at?" she asked. 

"Nothing. What is this?" Solar looked at the green water. 

"Chlorophyll."

"I asked for beer."

"No alcohol before fighting. You know the rule."

Solar took a sip of the chlorophyll and it tasted awful. But then her mood improved as she looked at the new girl again. She had blonde hair and a very warm smile. Her teeth were perfect. Her nose was perky and her eyes were small but round. Solar found the girl quite attractive. 

"You're going up against one of Gongwoo's rookies," said Moonbyul. 

"Fine. Easy money."

"Two more wins. Two more and you get to fight the grown ups."

"One step closer," Solar nodded.

"You have to remember that he's on a whole other lever than this bar. You have to become better."

"Three years of brawling, Byullie. I think I got the hang of it by now."

"He cheats but we can't."

"Let's just worry of getting to him through the league first. Okay?"

Moonbyul sighed. "I want him dead so much."

Solar said nothing. She wanted the same thing so badly.

The blonde girl stood up from her table to get another round of beer. Solar followed her with her eyes to the counter. The girl was small and slender. She had a pair of small heels on her shoes that didn't do her much. She drowned in the middle of huge men around the counter. A few seconds later, the girl emerged with two bottles of beer with a puff. She had to squeeze her way out of the bulky men. So cute, Solar thought. 

Madame Kwon walked to Solar and knocked on the table, saying that it was time. Solar finished her chlorophyll and followed the Madame to the ring that was installed right in the middle of the bar. Moonbyul gave Solar an affirmation nod as she walked. 

The MC hopped on the ring with a microphone and started to warm the visitors up. It was Wednesday night and it was the night of the Brawl. Madame Kwon watched as Solar stripped to her boxer apparel and made sure she had nothing unusual hidden under her clothes. After that, she walked to the other side of the ring to see Gongwoo. Gongwoo was a manager of brawler with such bad luck. Every brawler he put forth in the ring was obliterated by Solar or any other good fighter. But the man was committed to his job and brought new brawlers week after week. They talked for a while and they seemed to reach some sort of an agreement. 

The MC shouted Solar's name and it was her cue to come up to the ring. The crowd cheered her on as he took a small bow. 

She stood on her corner and looked around the bar for her opponent. Gongwoo was walking to a table. Solar squinted her eyes to see past the spotlight. Gongwoo was talking to the blonde girl. The two nodded at each other and the girl hopped down from her chair. She walked to the ring side and spoke with Madame Kwon. 

Wait a minute. What is she doing by the ring side?

The blond girl nodded a few times and she turned to Gongwoo with both of her thumbs pointing up. 

No way. 

Madame Kwon called the MC to the side while the blonde girl took her clothes off. She had boxers apparel underneath her shirt. 

"The opponent for tonight is a rookie straight from the street. No experience, only courage. Please welcome...," the MC shouted.

No, no. Solar prayed. 

"Jung Wheein!"

The blonde girl came up the ring and under the spotlight. Her muscles were defined and her abs were rock hard. She looked ten thousand times stronger than she was before. But her cheery and bubbly face persisted as she looked at Solar. She smiled and nodded. 

"Good to meet you," she said. 

And Solar screamed in her mind. I have to fight this girl?!

..