When I Was Your Man

When I Was Your Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by Bruno Mars's Song - When I Was Your Man 

 

The first day I met him was when I moved into a boarding school. I was assigned as his seat partner, he was chic when we met and he had this amazing aura surrounding him. I could see that everyone looked up to him. Tons of girls want to be his girlfriends and tons of boys want to be his best friends.

 

We got closer after we have been assigned to some team works, where we always teamed up together all the times. Soon, we both grew close and became best friends. We spent most of our free times together and our family met each other. Everything was going well, until 10th of July, his 16th birthday.

 

He held this amazing party with prince theme. All of us dressed according to the theme, I dressed up as a prince. I had a plan to confess to him about my feeling. Before the clock strikes 10, we had a dance session and I asked him to dance with me, which he accepts. We danced until the clock strikes 12. The light went off and I went down on my knees, still holding his hand, then all lights focused on me and him.

 

“Happy 16th birthday, Heechul. It has been 3 years since I met you. Seating beside you on my first day was a coincidence. I think fate brought us together. Kim Heechul, would you accept my heart and be my boyfriend?” I saw Heechul’s shock face and slowly, tears flow through and he bowed down, kissed my hand and pulled me into a hug. I smiled and stood up, hugging him tightly before we shared our first kiss.

 

Years passed, now I’m an actor. I went to entertainment world 7 years ago. The first movie I acted into was a movie adopted from the famous novel, A Message In A Bottle by Nicholas Sparks. The night of the premier movie, I went with my friends from school and also with Heechul.

 

Tonight was a lovely night. I attended a movie premiere with my colleagues. Laughter accompanied our steps. Our photos were taken by groups of reporters and fans. Keeping our best behavior in public, we held up our little plan. 

 

We stopped on a small stage, with background of movies that we are acted in, The Prince and The Pauper. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen! Wow, I never thought that I could meet the legendary actor, Choi Siwon. How are you Siwon? It’s my pleasure to finally meet you."

 

The two couples smiled at the camera, posing and accepting microphones offered by staffs. "It's my pleasure to be here and meet you too, Anthony." One of the gentlemen speaks through the microphone. As soon as his voice heard, screamed from fans could be heard throughout the open space. 

 

"We could hear the excitement from fans. Now, back to the point, I want to ask you all about this movie. What do you think about it when you were offered the roles?"

 

"Well, the title is The Prince and The Pauper. It's a story about a guy, named Eren, played by Siwon; who was brought up like a prince. A typical rich guy. One day he met this Geek, named Mina, acted by me and we had disputes. Mina is a poor woman who managed to get into a prestigious school through a scholarship. Eren was the top student before Mina came. Soon, he was placed into second rank regardless how hard he tried. The story basically about how Eren slowly falling in love to Mina, but being an ignorant person, Eren refused to accept the truth and he kept bullying Mina. Meanwhile, Mina fell in love with Aaron, acted by Cain. Like the typical drama, Aaron has a girlfriend names June, who has a weak body. June is Eren's younger sister. The story basically revolved around those four."

 

"That's a fascinating explanation, Ms Jessica. How would you like to describe the process of making this movie?" 

 

The lady in pink short dress smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear, "I would say, it is amazing and fun. At first I was a nerve wreck. I have never acted for a movie before. I was totally nervous and afraid of making mistakes and getting replaced. But, I got help from people and it helped me a lot in going through the filming sessions."

 

With a smirk on his face, Anthony asked Jessica, "Who helped you a lot in this movie?" 

 

With confidence, Jessica answered, "Choi Siwon did. He's a great partner and great teacher." Jessica smiled at Siwon and she gets a reply. 

 

"Well, Mr Siwon, let's get to you now." Anthony said while standing beside Siwon. Siwon smiled at Anthony and received the mike that was passed by Jessica. “Well, Mr Siwon, Miss Jessica said that you are a great teacher, how would you like to comment on that?”

 

Siwon smiled to Jessica, “Well, I’m not sure if I am a great teacher, but one thing I’m very sure about is that Jessica is a great student. She’s fast in learning and she’s able to catch the feeling of the character faster than I am. She has the quality of a great actress.”

 

“Wow! That’s amazing chemistry you both have there. One last question for you all before I let you all proceed to the main event. Who would you like to bring to the premiere of this movie?”

 

Siwon passed the microphone to Cain who then passed it over to Jessica, “ladies first?” He said quietly, but still heard by the fans who screamed at his gentleman attitude.

 

“Well, I would like to bring my family of course and probably I would bring Mrs Morrison, my acting mentor.” Jessica said with confident, then she passed the microphone back to Cain, “I would like to bring Maria, my wife; Nicole, my daughter and also Jeffery, my son. Maybe my other family members and my friends.”

 

Siwon then received the microphone from Cain and released a soft sigh before brought the microphone to his mouth, “I would like to bring my best friend from school; Hyukjae, Donghae, ZhouMi, Henry, Jongwoon, Youngwoon, Jungsoo, Kibum, Shindong, Ryeowook, and Sungmin”

 

Anthony smiled at the three and then received a small note from one of the staff; read it fast before shove it into his suit pocket, “Another question before I finally let you go, any special person you would like to bring and why? This question is directed to Miss Jessica and Mr Siwon, since we all know that Mr Cain is basically taken and he probably would say his wife name when he’s asked.”

 

Jessica took the microphone first and smiled shyly, “I’ll choose Austin Smith, because he’s my fiancé.” Her face reddens at the mention of his fiancé’s name.

 

“How about you, Mr. Siwon?” Asked Anthony at the man who looked down for certain reasons.

 

“I’ll bring someone who means a lot to me, even though we aren’t together anymore.” Siwon said with a heavy heart.

 

“May we know who is that person, Mr. Siwon?”

 

Siwon just smiled at Anthony who then ended the interview. The three then walked to the building and then, Siwon stopped his track when he heard someone called a man, “Heechul!”

 

SIWON’S POV

 

I stopped as I heard someone called a man Heechul. I saw the man turned and smile. That smile, that face, that name. They are still exactly the same as how I remember it. I took a deep breath before I walked away, following Jessica and Cain.

 

I sat at my seat and slumped down when the light turned off. Even though my body was in the cinema, my heart and mind weren’t there. My mind drifted to 3 years ago.

 

I was 21 back then. My carrier was building, signed contracts were piling. I had tons of works to do throughout the day. Commercials, TV shows, dramas, movies and radio shows. I spent most of my times on the road, traveling from one country to another.

 

I was in relationship with Heechul. Our relationship was at its peak. I went to New York for a movie shoot in late February and in between my packed schedule, I freed up two hours just to go to 5th Avenue. I went a world famous jewellery store, I was greeted by the staffs there and I headed to their second level.

 

I was looking around the display when one of the staff came up to me and showed me something that amazed me, “Sir, would you like to take a look at this? This is a powerful symbol of continuous connection, energy and vitality.” I smiled widely and nodded at the staff who then smiled back at me. I wrote a small paper before passed it to the staff and then walked out of the store.

 

Two days later, I came back to the same store and headed to the second level, the staff who attended me 2 days ago recognised me and smiled at me, “Glad to see you again, Sir. Your order is ready, please wait for a while.” I sat there nervously, and when the staff came out and showed me my order, I smiled widely and then, I made my payment and the staff wrapped my order in a small blue box and white bow. Before I stepped out, I saw another item that attracted me. I decided to ask the staff, “What’s this?” The staff smiled at me and took the item out of the display, “This was inspired by the fire and radiance of our superlative diamonds. The feminine arrangement of this item is the embodiment of subtle glamour.”

 

I smiled at the explanation and told the staff that I would like to get one of it, wrapped in the small blue box with white bow too. After paid for the item, I finally left the store with a wide smile.

 

The next day, I took a flight back home. After I dropped my luggage at home, I quickly drove my R8 Audi. I stopped in front of a huge apartment building. I stepped out and took the lift to the 7th floor.  I walked in to the living room and heard a laugh from the bedroom; I smiled at the voice and walked into the bedroom with my two blue boxes on my pocket.

 

I opened the door slightly and heard a man’s voice. “Baby, isn’t your good-for-nothing and soon-to-be ex-boyfriend come back today?” I heard a sigh followed by, “I don’t know. I don’t memories his schedule anymore. Anyway, we should continue from where we left. That guy might be somewhere in the Earth and I don’t care anymore. I’m tired of him.”

 

I stopped after heard the conversation and closed the door slowly, trying not to create any noise. I walked to the living room, sat on the sofa, taking out my phone and also the two boxes. I opened one of them and a beautiful 18k white gold with round brilliant diamonds ring reveals itself. I opened the other box, inside the box there’s a round ring made of platinum with Marquise diamonds. I unlocked my phone and called off reservation that I made on my way to the apartment.

 

I don’t know how long I sat there while eyeing the two rings until I heard the bedroom’s door opened and a man came out in a pink silky robe, followed by a man in a dark blue robe. The two of them were laughing and they stopped once they noticed my presence in the living room. “Siwon.” The man said. I sat still, still looking at the two rings. “You are back? We… He… When did you arrive?” The man asked. I could hear his nervousness.

 

I closed the boxes, stood up and passed the two boxes to the man who received it in shock. “Siwon, this is…” I stopped him and smiled weakly at him, “Just a present. You can throw it if you don’t want it. I’m sorry I disturbed your time with HanGeng. I’ll get going then.” I walked towards the elevator, but an arm stopped me.

 

“Siwon, I’m sorry. I know I hurt you.” I turned and faced HanGeng, I walked towards him and saw him closed his eyes. I hugged him and whisper to him, “Wish the two of you happiness.” Then, I walked out from the apartment, driving my car around the town, trying to ease the pain inside my heart. I stopped at Hyde Park, took a seat on the bench and closed my eyes.

 

I sat for hours before I opened my eyes and drove back home. “Siwon, finally you received your call. I’m worried! I’ll have to talk to you about this problem l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter