#1 He Knows [BaekYeol]

Short Stories / Drabbles

He never thought that he'll be in a situation where he's going to marry a stranger. A set up marriage or arrange marriage they call. He thought that it only happen century ago but unexpected things always happen right? 

So here he is, walking down the aisle while holding his soon father-in-law's hand nervously. He looks staright, staring at the Father and his groom. Once standing in front of him, he can't help but be enchanted by the other appearance. It's his first time meeting him and hearing his name, Park Chanyeol. 

Vows are exchanged and so does the rings. The wedding went smoothly but only the families involved know how hectic it is to set up the wedding in a short time. Baekhyun being the person who can't voice out his opinion, accepted his fate the moment he knew that he's marrying the Park's son. 

It's a tradition they said. It'll bring bad luck if the marriage did not happen they said. But it's never been a tradition. No bad luck happen. His parents fall in love with each other and get married just like his grandparents. So why does he has to do what they asked him to do? 

It's because Baekhyun can't say no. His family needs money. Park being a nice family, agree to marry their son off and help his family. But Baekhyun knows. It's not because they're nice. It's because they afraid their only son, Chanyeol will run away far from them with someone that he loves to death. Baekhyun being the last option, was thrown into what he called, a big mess.

Marriage in Baekhyun's opinion is where, the couple talk nicely and sweetly to each other. Is where the couple will hold is other gaze before slowly finding themselves kissing passionately. But this is far from what he thought. He's treat harshly by his husband and the gaze Chanyeol gaze was anything but cold. Pure coldness plus the hatred.

"Go sleep anywhere you want as long it's not the bed. Don't ing talk to unless it's really important." Chanyeol said as he walked to 'their' bedroom, stopping before entering the room just to say another hurtful words. "And don't look at me." 

Being a good husband, Baekhyun obey what Chanyeol said. He sleep on the couch, sometimes on the floor. He never talk to him because there's nothing important to say to him. Lastly he never look at Chanyeol although he actually did without the taller man notice.

Baekhyun is an observer. He might look like he doesn't care what happens to Chanyeol but actually care. He doesn't know why. He just did. Maybe because he knows he's holding a responsibility to take care of someone's child. Though that Baekhyun wonders, when will Chanyeol do the same thing.

Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol loves eating meat by looking at the fridge stomach. Chanyeol once a week will go to buy groceries and always ended​ up coming home with a plastic full of meats. Baekhyun might be quite but he's all listen. He listens how Chanyeol purposely mumbled that he likes his meat cooked in black pepper sauce. So being the cook for both of them, Baekhyun always cook it and smiles when he noticed Chanyeol's mouth will go upward and finish his meals. They​ never eat together but Baekhyun know Chanyeol's love for meat.

Baekhyun also learned that Chanyeol loves to play guitar. When Chanyeol went to work, Baekhyun will enter his or what it supposed to be their room to clean it. In there, there's a guitar looking nice like it's was bought today but no. The guitar was 5 years old, looking by the date written on the guitar along what it seems to be Chanyeol's signature. 

Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol will always play the guitar late at night. It's somehow the taller's habit. Chanyeol might not notice how the plucking and the sooth sound of guitar has waken up the short brunnate. Baekhyun will listen for the sounds until it's no more there and fall asleep back. Baekhyun loves all songs that Chanyeol's played.

A month of being married to each other yet it's always silence in the house. Repeated action is always for Baekhyun, waking up, making meals, cleaning house and sleep. Every single day. But being together for a month too make Baekhyun knows almost everything about Chanyeol by just observing him silently and secretly. 

He knows that Chanyeol is not a good drink, he is also love to check himself out once in a while. Not only that Chanyeol is someone that's​ near to a perfectionist but actually he's just a clumsy person. Not only that, Baekhyun knows that Chanyeol did not like his big ears looking by how hard every morning he tried to hide it. Baekhyun loves it though, it makes Chanyeol more charming. Chanyeol loves animals especially dogs because Baekhyun caught him watching animals show on the TV several times. 

Baekhyun knows almost everything. 

But Baekhyun never ignores the fact that how Chanyeol smell differently before going out to somewhere and when he comes back. The faint sweet smell never go unnoticed by him. It never did. Instead it bothered him. He is his husband. So he always want even a bit of attention. So when he learned that his husband give his attention to someone else, Baekhyun feels hurt.

He can't stop thinking that maybe he deserves it. After all he's only a stranger in Chanyeol's life right?

---

A/n 

It's a short story for my writing practice. Hope you enjoy this