Chapter 1

Replica
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Again, today

I looked up into the sky aimlessly.

I tried to draw your face slowly.

 

 

"Are you almost done?"

"Hm..almost. I just need to shade a few more bits." Minji leaned to the side, staring at Joohyun while she began to shade lightly on certain parts of the canvas. Minji could have finished the portrait by now if she were drawing anyone other customer, but when it comes to this particular customer, Minji tries to delay as much as possible, in hopes that more time would be spent in admiring her crush. She wouldn't be surprised if Joohyun had knew about her feelings by now, though it seems like Joohyun herself has not noticed yet. Joohyun had caught Minji staring at her for too long more than once, though she didn't bother to mention about it with the mindset that Minji was only doing her task as a professional artist.

"And...done..." Minji finally stated, making the particular female who was modeling for the portrait finally heaved a sigh of relief.

"Whew..I can finally stretch." Joohyun began to move around, eliminating the numbness she felt when she was staying still like a statue. Minji on the other hand stared at her own artwork, feeling proud to capture the resemblance between the portrait and Joohyun.

"Thank you Minji. Portraits like this helps with my situation." Joohyun gave a small smile as she stood beside Minji, startling the latter a bit. Taking a closer look at the portrait, Joohyun was too focused to not notice the blush that forms on Minji' s face.

"O-of course. I'm glad that I'm able to be helpful to you."

"So how much is it?" Joohyun took out her wallet from her small pocket.

"It's free." Minji stated, soon receiving a look from Joohyun.

"Aigoo, do you always give these special treatment to your customers?"

"No, only to you." Minji blurted out, soon realizing her own words as she began to be as red as a tomato.

"I-I mean um!...Yeah! Um.. You have been a..very nice customer, so this is er..my treat for every nice customer." Minji chuckled it off, luckily for her a phone interrupted before Joohyun could give her response.

"Hello?"

"..Eh?! Right now?!"

"..Alright, I'll be there soon." Joohyun hanged up from her phone, now staring into Minji's eyes.

"I have an appointment I need to attend. Would it be alright if I have my friend pick up the portrait instead?" Minji nodded, and before she could verbally respond, she already saw Joohyun rush off to her car.

 

 

...

"Joohyun, are you perhaps seeing someone right now?" Before Joohyun could lift her spoon to take a bite of her food, she stared at the male across from her. After finishing her appointment with the doctor, she encounters her colleague who had invited her to eat. At the right timing, Joohyun's stomach growled in need for food, so she accepted her colleague's invitation.

"Err..No, not particularly. Why?" The male across from her was delighted of the news as he stared at Joohyun eating her food.

"I'll be honest with you Joohyun, I'd like for us to be more than just colleagues."

"So..friends?" Joohyun played off, hoping that the male would not want anything further.

"Hahah.. friends and colleagues are the same aren't they?"

"Not really.." Joohyun mumbled to herself, trying to finish her food so that she can leave.

"Won't you at least consider it?" Joohyun sighed, feeling a bit guilty as she remembered all of her colleague's actions in treating her to food.

"Alright, I'll think about it."

 

 

...

While organizing all her materials, she soon heard the bells ringing. Turning her direction to the door, she saw a cheery female customer enter the studio. Immediately spotting Minji, the female waves her hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter