Part 1

The Affair

"But ma'am the project requires you to go to Korea" Her assistant suggested again.

"I already told you I'm not going to Korea. Send someone else to represent this company" She ordered.

The assistant nodded sighing at her stubborn boss.

"You have to go back there one day" Youngsun said in her i'm also your friend tone.

"I'm never going back there Youngsun. Not when I know Seulgi is there" It was the first time in two years that Seulgi's name rolled out of and Irene hated how bitter she felt even after all this time.

It wasn't my fault. It was her fault. She assured herself like how she always did.

Irene had promised herself she won't look back on the past. That she will never go back to Korea.

"Unnie!" She had to move the phone away from her ear because of the loud noises. "You picked up"

"This better be important considering the fact that you both had to call me in the middle of the night" Irene didn't even try to hide her annoyance at being woken up at the middle of the night.

"Yes unnie! This definetly is important" The youngest one spoke squealing again. "Let's announce it together Joy"

Irene furrowed her brows anticipating what the devils were about to say.

"1 2 3" They counted before finally shouting "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!"

And the next thing she knew, she was on her way back to Korea breaking her own promise.

It's for them. They need me right now.

Irene didn't want to dissapoint them by not attending her friend's marriage because of her own selfish reasons.

It's only for a week and then I'll be back in America again.

She walked out searching for a familiar face in the small crowd of people and finally seeing her cousin sister Tzuyu smiling widely at her at the corner.

She remembers how the girl had clung on to her crying and begging her not to go. A little pang of guilt hit her chest instantly even though Tzuyu had forgiven her long ago.

"Unnie" Tzuyu had engulfed her in a tight hug with Irene reciprocating it. "I missed you so much unnie"

"I missed you too Tzuyu" She said honestly patting Tzuyu's back.

"Let's go Unnie. They are having a small party for celebration"

They went to Tzuyu's apartment where she'll be staying for the week, after keeping her luggage inside they were off again to attend the small party.

"So how are you and Sana?" Irene asked. "Any marriage plans?"

"Nope" Tzuyu's eyes seemed to be fixated on the road.

"Why not?" Irene asked curiously "You two are perfect for each other"

"That's what I thought about you and Seulgi" Tzuyu's eyes landed on her before focusing on the road again.

Irene sighed. "Some marriages doesn't work out. I did what I can to make it last but it didn't"

Tzuyu shook her head making Irene confused. "Before marriage yes you did many things for her. After marriage no. You shouldn't have let her go that easily. You two should have talked about it"

And Irene lost her composure at that. She was trying to hold her anger in but she couldn't.

"TALK ABOUT WHAT TZUYU? HER AFFAIR? ABOUT THE PERSON SHE WAS SEEING BEHIND MY BACK?" She shouted.

Definetly not my fault. It was hers.

After seeing Tzuyu's sad expression she calmed down taking in a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Tzuyu" She apologized. "Let's not bring it up again"

They chatted until the car stopped infront of Joy's apartment. They were about to open the door when it flew open and a running Yeri bumped into her causing both of them to fall down.

"Oww" Yeri said out loud.

"I should be the one saying that" Irene said groaning in pain.

"Unnie!" Upon noticing that it was Irene Yeri instantly hugged the girl. But Irene felt like she was being suffocated. "Yeri-ah I can't breathe let go-"

Before she can even finish her sentence a strong arm pulled them apart.

"I just proposed to you YESTERDAY!! And you're already flirting with this Saeron" Joy said waving a hand at her direction without even looking at her leaving Irene to watch her amusingly with a raised brow. "Didn't I tell you not to flirt and she's going to be my wife Saeron so you should learn to have space between-"

Joy's rambling stopped when Yeri held her face and turned it around towards Irene.

"Unnie" and she was held in another bone crushing/suffocating hug.

"Joy I can't breathe" she said when Joy didn't seem to let her go.

"Good! I'm trying to kill you for leaving us" And it was then that Irene tried to get out of Joy's strong grip but failing miserably.

"Now! Now!" It was Tzuyu who saved her. "We don't want you going to jail before your marriage right?"

"Fine!" Joy said letting her go. "Let's go inside and enjoy"

"Anyway why were you running Yeri?" Irene decided to ask.

"Oh we were just playing tag" Yeri answered brightly.

"How old are you seven?" Irene said chuckling. "And to think that you two are getting married in a week"

"I just felt like playing tag" Yeri said slapping Irene's arms.

-------------------------------------------------------

Irene searched around the people in the house to see if she was there. It wouldn't surprise her considering the fact that she was also friends with her friends and would definetly be invited to the party.

What surprised Irene was that she wasn't there although her best friend Wendy was there talking to someone. Maybe it was a good thing that she wasn't there.

"Here's your drink" Joy came with two drinks in her hand.

"Thankyou" she said before taking the drink from Joy's outstretched hand. "I think you have matured a lot Joy"

She took a big gulp of the drink feeling thirsty but widened her eyes at the spicy taste. She started coughing and fanning her self after keeping the glass on a nearby table.

"The hell Joy! What did you do?" She said looking at the girl who was laughing.

"It's proper revenge for leaving us. You thought I'll let you off so easily" Joy said before handing her the other drink.

And Irene really must be stupid to fall for the same trick twice because this drink was disgusting causing her to choke and spill it all over her shirt. God knows what disgusting things this spawn of satan had added into it.

mature my . I take it all back.

Upon seeing the deathly glare of Irene Joy raised her hands. "That's all. My revenge is done. Go clean up your shirt"

Irene decided to let it slide because she really deserved it for leaving them.

She made her way towards the bathroom. Just as her hand was about to reach for the door handle it flew open to reveal the only person she didn't want to see.

"Joohyun!"

kang Seulgi.

 

 

A/N: An idea that came in my mind today. This will be a two shot maybe three, I honestly don't know.

So hope you enjoy~