The Beginning

we've lost the signal

In the beginning, when God created the universe, the earth was formless and desolate. The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water. Then God commanded, “Let there be light”—and light appeared. God was pleased with what he saw. - But not completely satisfied. Yes, he finished earth. He made the sky and the ocean, he added land, animals and people, but he felt like the land he created was... well boring.  Which is why promptly after adding the finishing touches to earth and the surrounding galaxy he went on his merry way to create a new universe with cooler planets. One with more pizzazz.  

Thus the planet Eitania was formed. Identical to earth in all matters involving geography and weather Eitania was practically Earth's’ sister planet with one exception. All those born of this planet, when reaching the age of puberty, gained superpowers. Labeled manifests by the people. And rather than “government”  and “political parties” watching over the people, like what has become a popular method of ruling on Earth. Etania was split into factions of Royal Families.  One out of many families was the rising Twice faction where their fearless leader Jihyo was settling a land dispute with the newly crowned leader Nayoung of the Pristin family.

“No- no we have a peace treaty with the Blinks we can’t help you march on their land”  Jihyo answered flatly. “If you really need resources you should ask King Taeyeon, we’re tied up for resources here preparing for our launch expedition.” As much as Jihyo admired the new family for overthrowing their predecessors and rising to power so quickly  she couldn’t find it in herself to help them. Afterall, Black Pink were one of their strongest allies during the war against BGs. A time that predated Pristin’s existence. Not to mention Nayeon would have her head if she found out the land she gave to  Jisoo as a birthday present would be the first to go to any other group if the occasion arrived.  Sitting in the great hall on her plush and comfortable throne Jihyo admired the new tapestry, a majestic (well as majestic any neon color could be) magenta, and fresh apricot lined the walkway up to the throne. She would have to send out the royal herald to thank their subjects for her.

Just then Sana appeared out of thin air scaring the bejesus out of Jihyo.“Christ Sana I told you to announce yourself before startling me like that!”

“Ohyo ohyo ohyo! This just shows that I, Sana Minatozaki, am able to elude our precious leader Jihyo and her all seeing eye.” Sana looked smug, which Jihyo hated but she let it pass because any retort she came up with would just add to Sana’s fire.

“What are you doing here anyway you told me the atmosphere in the throne room bored you to death.”

“Oh right!” Sana made a thinking gesture. ”Hmm, I think...Chaeyoungie wanted me to ask you about the spaceship dimensions regulations and whether or not we got the warp point clearance from the Cosmic Girls.” then Sana’s eyes lit up.

“And speaking of the Cosmic Girls how was Mei Qi and Xuan Yi’s wedding? I’m still a bit hurt you only took Tzuyu and Mina with you.”

“The wedding was fine, I only took those two because they were the only ones I was sure wouldn’t embarrass our family's good name.” Jihyo sighed. “You can tell Chaeyoung that the ship can’t be larger than one hundred seventy meters in length, one hundred thirty meters in width and we have clearance for a height around 30 meters.”

This was around the time the said atmosphere of the throne room bored Sana to sleep(not death). Which Jihyo, of course, expected- which is why she had all the dimensions written down on a sticky note for Sana to give the Chaeyoung. After waking the listless girl up by shoving her out of the room she returned to her throne room duties.

*******

Momo thought her talents were being wasted. As the only person born in the last 100 years with the manifest of super speed she thought Jihyo would have given her a more important job. Instead it was Patrol duty, a task most normal guards would be tasked with during their first week on the force. Sure, she was also Co-Captain of their military with Tzuyu, but that's an empty title when the world has been at peace for the last half century or so.  As she speeds through the lush green forest she empties her mind, at least she didn’t have it as bad as Mina, Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Time was a tricky thing and she wouldn’t be caught dead messing with it the way those three did. But she also guesses that’s how their kingdom advanced so quickly, those three under Jihyo’s wise leadership rallied the royal gg nations together to overthrow the tyrannical rule of BGs.  

Momo then slowed her pace, to take in the scenery. There was a break in the thick tree canopy that revealed a clear blue lake surrounded by beautiful purple lilacs and striped carnations. But what attracted her gaze the most was the ethereal figure of Im Nayoung standing before her looking out past the water.  

“Hey” Momo approached her slowly, as if any sudden movements would startle the girl.

“Hey back” Nayeon continued her gaze out towards the waters, giving Momo a slight nod of acknowledgement. Something was weighing on the girl's mind that much Momo could tell.

“So… “ Momo decided to probe; ”are you excited for our expedition to- ah what did Jihyo call it, Earth?”

Nayeon facial features turned into a gower, marring what Momo thought of as a picture worthy moment. “I can’t say i’m one hundred percent pleased with Jihyo’s sudden want to explore other galaxies. Especially one that is found to be subpar compared to our own.” Nayeon shook her head sighing and changing her expression to a more neutral one.

“I know our leader knows best, but- but i can’t help shake the feeling something wrong is gonna happen ya’ know?”

Momo didn’t know, she for one was excited to explore a new planet. But she didn’t want to Nayeon to feel alone in her worries so she nodded along. Maybe when they got there Nayeon would start to feel better. Who knows maybe when they got there the foreign air would give Momo the courage to ask her object of affection out. But until then Momo would stay silent.