prologue

prom confessions

Prologue.

  It’s fascinating how people tend to put so much on the school dance to be the highlight of their school life. For someone leading the dance committee, Nayoung knew this very well. When she first signed up, she hadn’t expected to be appoint leader or the struggle that came with it. From the handling the small budget provided by the school, to the students arguing on the rules for king and queen dance nomination, Nayoung was glad it was coming to an end.

  She stood there under the strings of cotton ball lights that they spent hours hanging just hours earlier. While the rest of the student body was putting on their gowns and suits, the committee was busy putting on lights and touching up the decoration, making sure everything was in place. Nayoung herself barely had time to get ready herself before the first round of students start trickling in.

  The looks on their faces when they looked around in awe at the gold and red. The way they glanced around, appreciating the hard work put in to the usually sweat smelling gym into something presentable. The way some of them immediately moved to the music, making their circle of friends laugh. The way some immediately head towards the tables, ready to claim it for the rest of the night.

  Their faces, light chatters and laugh. The promise of a fun night.

---

After much delibration, I am rewriting this. Since only one part is up, for you readers won't matter so much, I guess. I hope you'll be patient with me.

new link to vote for your dance couple

king & queen