Final

Fall

The moment Seullgi stepped outside her house, she felt the cool breeze prickle her face sending shivers down her spine. She breathed out vapour while tightening her scarf around her neck. It was lovely to be studying in Australia. Autumn wasn't as cold as it was in Korea, still it was cold. She missed her home a lot. It's a good thing I'm graduating next year.

Her morning stroll was peaceful, filled with chirping of birds and greetings from her neighbour. "Good morning to you too, Toby." Seulgi watches her neighbour intently as he walked his dog. She didn't have a clue where she was heading to but she ended up in a Covnent centre near Abbotsford. Not too far from her house but secluded enough as she herself had never been there despite the fact that she's been staying in the area for 3 years already.

Interesting.

Holding her sketch pad and a pencil behind her ear, Seulgi roamed the area searching something to draw. Seulgi carefully walked down a flight of wooden stairs leading to what was a secret garden. It seemed like a private area so Seulgi was extra careful not to let her boots clank against the wooden pavement. The path was carved spiraling downwards in between trees leading up to the centre. There sat a goddess on a bench, writing in a brown leather journal which Seulgi assumed was a diary. Seulgi couldn't properly see her as her hair was drooping down covering her face but she already know she was beautiful. The autumn breeze elegantly huffed combing the girl's brown strands back. Seulgi saw everything, her flawless fair skin, her plump red lips, her thick eyelashes and dark orbs dwelling into her writings. She was definitely an etheral beauty. Seulgi couldn't help but feel the air thicken around her as she conrinued gawking at the said girl, she took her breath away. She was suffocating. 

With her idle hand, Seulgi loosened her scarf and tried to pull herself together. She found a spot where she can sit down and sketch the girl in front of her, legs crossed and not minding whether the soil was wet or not. She just had to capture the moment. Seulgi analysed the girl and remembered every inch of her with much precision. Just in case she walked away, just in case she didn't get to see her again. Somehow, the brunette was so familiar. I swear I recognise her from somewhere. Her name, what's her name? It's at the tip of my tongue. She shrugged the thought off whilst carried on sketching the girl before she leaves. Once she was done, much to her surprise, the girl was still there. She held on to her sketch pad but Seulgi immediately got lost in the moment. The said girl's hair was like silk, swiftly waving everytime the wind blew. Coupled with the rustling of trees. Seulgi sighed at the sight, it was too beautiful for words to describe. Without realising, Seulgi was silently hoping for the girl to glance back at her. Look at me, please. Look here. And, she did. 

 

Only for a while, but that glance was enough to make Seulgi's heart beat like crazy. She collected herself and straightened out her coat as she made her way down the stairs. Seulgi nervously approached the girl.

"Hey, I'm sorry If I scared you back there. I wasn't stalking you."  Seulgi fidgeted with her fingers, still tightly clasping her sketch pad. The brunette looked up to her in confusion then managed to strike out a charming smile.

"Oh, it's okay. I don't mind having a pretty girl like you gawk at me.", the mystery girl said with a light chuckle. Seulgi felt a pink blush creeping up her cheeks and couldn't help scratch her nape nervously. "I'm Joohyun by the way," she offered her hand to shake.

Seulgi hesitantly reached out for her hand with a grin "I'm Seulgi, nice to meet you." Man, her hands are so soft and fluffy, it fits mine so perfectly. What the hell, Seulgi? You just met her. "Mind if I take a seat beside you?"

Joohyun shook her head and patted the space next to her. "I see you like sketching."

"Oh yeah, I was actually drawing you. I'm sorry I sketched you without permission, I know I'm a creep but you can have it if you want."

"Silly. Can I take a look at it?" Joohyun stretched her neck out like a turtle trying to peak through Seulgi's sketch.

Seulgi laughed nevertheless showed her anyway. Joohyun took the sketch pad in her hands and traced her fingers along each delicate line Seulgi drew. She was amazed alright. "Wow, Seulgi. You're super talented."

"What? NO. NO. This is just a hobby." Seulgi was feeling shy all over again. 

Before they knew it, the Sun was already scorching above their heads. It was noon but still, they were talking and laughing like they hadn't seen each other in a long time. They both admitted how nice it was to meet a fellow Korean in a foreign country which Seulgi then spoke of how familiar Irene was. Soon, they were silent while enjoying the view surrounding them. The wind was blowing quite strongly although it was sunny.

Seulgi's body tensed up when she felt a warm body inching in closer to her. Joohyun carefully looped her arms around Seulgi's left arm in engulfed her in a hug. "Seulgi, I'm cold." Even Joohyun didn't understand why she was so comfortable with a stranger like that, she does like skinship but not with strangers. Seulgi's different. Seulgi took off her coat and put it around Joohyun's petite frame. She stretched out her arm to bring Joohyun closer to her chest and started rubbing the latter's arm up and down, radiating as much warmth as she can.

"Better now?" Seulgi looked down to the small girl, her crescent-like eyes boring holes into Joohyun's. The brunette found Seulgi attractive and charming at that moment, although they had just met. Her blood flushed to her head when she realised how close their lips were. How did we get so close? Seulgi could practically taste Joohyun if she wanted to, she definitely wanted to. Joohyun let her. Their lips moulded together perfectly. Seulgi was being as gentle as possible as if wanting to savour every inch of Joohyun's lips. Suddenly, the day wasn't so cold anymore.

"Seulgi..." Joohyun called, hardly above a whisper. "Seulgi, I-I.."

Joohyun was cut off when Seulgi mouthed close to her ear, "Now, I remember you. Joohyun, you're the girl in my dreams."

 

 

----

A/N: might be a two-shot but who knows