caged

Bird in a cage

His face scrunched at the sour taste. He had never been a fan of pineapple. It made his throat hurt but Jongin persisted. He told him that his taste buds were wrong. Kyungsoo concluded Jongin taste buds were the wrong ones. 

"Babe, this is disgusting." Kyungsoo shot at him. They were in the main dining room, a reserved dinner for themselves. Kyungsoo hated this room, it smelled of wood for some peculiar reason. 

"Stop cursing," Jongin commanded more than asked. "And it's not disgusting. It taste like candy kind of."

Kyungsoo shook his head. "What kind of candy are you eating? And don't tell me what to do. I can curse as much as I want."

"You curse too much."

"Too ing bad," Kyungsoo mocked. "I'm from the poor side of Zera. You should of known I wasn't going to have manners like royalty. You chose to marry me and my curse words. Accept me."

Jongin wondered why Kyungsoo loved fighting. It was getting worse as the years flew by. What was he doing wrong? "I love you."

Kyungsoo smirked. "Yeah right."

Jongin kissed his cold cheek. "Why do you always question my love?"

"You've never proved to me that you really wanted me."

"ing bull."

Kyungsoo jolted in excitement. "Whose the one cursing now? Two words in one sentence."

"Why the would I claim you as my mate if I didn't want you? I marked you. I married you for god sakes. You know how many people I could get but I chose you!"

Kyungsoo didn't seem impressed. He never was with Jongin. "Please, as if anybody could compare to me. I'm the only who can handle you." 

Jongin didn't know when Kyungsoo became arrogant. He wasn't like this when they first got together--maybe he was. Jongin mind couldn't go back that far. Perhaps that was his problem. "Are you done eating?" He gave up.

Kyungsoo turned to his alpha and saw the defeat on his face. He jumped from his seat onto Jongin's lap, legs spread apart. "You're mad."

"I'm tired, Kyungsoo." 

"Then go to sleep."

"No, not that tired," He sighed. "I'm tired fighting with you over the smallest things."

Kyungsoo's face was unreadable. Jongin noticed it was like that majority of the time. "We fight. We make up. That's what marriage is. Of course we didn't argue as much when we were just dating but now we're adults with responsibilities together. That's tough. Marriage is tough. You're not truly in love until you've thought you were going to kill your spouse." He joked. 

"I want you to know I love you more than you can ever know."

Kyungsoo smiled, held onto his husband cheeks. "I know I give you hell because I'm moody," He kissed those lips for the millionth time. "But please know, you're the only reason why I'm still here. The only reason why I live."

"Im supposed to say that. I'm the alpha."

"You're an alpha dominated by your omega. Get over it." Kyungsoo hated when Jongin gave into to stereotypes. He can be so ignorant at times.

-

His walls crashed down, brick by brick as the thoughts blinded him. The tears burst out of his eyes like fire. Instead of comforting warmth, it felt like steam running down his chin. His hands rushed to his mouth to stop the sobs but that didn't work. Kyungsoo shut his eyes hoping it would take him to a peaceful place.

He was scared.

He was scared of the monsters out there waiting for him to be killed. Why had life turned this way? Kyungsoo didn't understand why the good people had to suffer. Their god could have found another way. But this way was too cruel for him to comprehend. Children were even killed in front of their mothers. Kyungsoo was suddenly happy he didn't have kids.

He used harass Jongin about the thought of having kids. However, Jongin told him they should wait because they weren't ready for such a responsibility. Kyungsoo disagreed. He disagreed with everything Jongin said, he noticed.

At times like this, he wished he had appreciated life more. He had such a good one. Wealth was thrown at him constantly even though it never fazed him. Good company, such as Baekhyun, was there to help his broken heart. His annoying husband worshipped the ground he walked on. But Kyungsoo never appreciated any of that. He guess that's his greatest sin.

Baekhyun slept peacefully as Kyungsoo sobbed dramatically. Kyungsoo didn't understand how Baekhyun was able to keep calm. The omega was good at pretending he was calm but Baekhyun was serious. Ironic how his servant looked up to him when Kyungsoo felt he wasn't worthy of it.

He wasn't worthy of it.

Kyungsoo was a poor excuse for an leader. He told himself that constantly.

Maybe he was too insecure to see his accomplishments. 

"Kyungsoo?" 

The omega jolted at the name. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." He wiped the tears away, trying to pull himself together.

Baekhyun smiled. "It's fine," he sat up from his blanket. "What were you crying about?"

"It's nothing."

"Okay," he decided pressuring Kyungsoo to talk wasn't a good idea. "It's morning. Before I went to sleep, you said we would discuss a plan to get out of this cave come morning. Well it's morning."

Kyungsoo shook his head. "I don't think we're leaving this place any time soon."

Baekhyun frowned. "We can't stay in here. We'll-we'll die."

That truth made Kyungsoo heart race. "Those giants are out there, Baekhyun. How do you expect us to get to the other side of the country without getting murdered?" 

Baekhyun thought. Minutes passed before he decided to respond. "We could get you to a red pond."

"What?"

Baekhyun was the only one who knew Kyungsoo was different, not even his husband knew. See, Kyungsoo wasn't just an omega who could turn into wolf whenever he pleases. He was of a family with secrets.

His grandfather is the reason he can do the things he can do. 

"A red pond...we can try to contact Jongin through that way."

"No, I know what it is but-you've never mentioned my special abilities after..."

Baekhyun smiled. "When I saw you using your abilities, I was really admired and became more interested in you. I just want to help, Kyungsoo."

There was a time Baekhyun only referred to Kyungsoo as his majesty. But as the two grew closer, Kyungsoo thought the word was unnecessary. 

"The nearest pond is in the passing village. We're miles away from that."

"But it'll be worth it. We can't just wait. We have to start fighting."

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Fighting? As if we have a chance against those giants. No one can take them down...not even me."

Baekhyun wasn't fazed. "You're much stronger than you take credit for. I mean, look at all the stuff you can do with your powers. If you don't take advantage of that, life on this planet will die," He tried to convince. "We have to at least attempt."

Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun for a moment, silent. Then he flicked his eyes to his grumbled fist. The bruises traveled from from his fingers to his wrist, red markings everywhere. "Last time I attempted to use my powers, I almost lost my hands. If I do it again, imagine what else I will lose."

"In the state we're in, we've got nothing to lose."

Kyungsoo smirked. "So...are we going to the pond or not?"

-

Today was the first where it didn't have a dash of chaos. The sun was out to show its strength while the birds sung in sync. It was almost as if the Cumals weren't on the planet with them.

Kyungsoo looked up to see the giant mountain on the side of their journey. He'd hope he would never have to call a mountains cave his home again. Even their blankets couldn't help reduce the pain of sleeping on rock. Kyungsoo's back was of constant pain because of the sleeping habit. 

He prayed that they wouldn't come across a Cumal. Last time they were lucky. While Kyungsoo was out fetching food, he heard scream poisoned with terror coming from Baekhyun. Blessed they were to run back to cave without getting killed. But the stare coming from the Cumal as it peered at them through caves hole was the most memorable. It's smile read of destruction. It left an hour later, leaving the boys too scared to leave the cave for another two days. 

But today, Kyungsoo believed his prayers would be answered because he heard no sounds of a giant which made his heart jump. It was odd but he couldn't help it. 

He gripped onto his wool robe, feeling hopeful. They had been kicked down a numerous of times but Kyungsoo felt his time was coming. It was time for him and Baekhyun to meet their purpose. 

He kept in the back of his head.

But his main goal was to find out how to kill the Cumal. It was unrealistic but it was something he wanted to know. He denied he was curiosity for so long but Baekhyun opened that door for him. 

"We're running out of water." Baekhyun spoke up.

"We'll get some more when we get to the village."

"Wouldn't it just be better if we turned?"

Kyungsoo crossed his arms, a pout forming on his lips. "I think I'm still too weak to go wolf."

"Yeah, me too."

"YO!" 
 
Kyungsoo and Baekhyun jolted at the unfamiliar voice. Two boys came running their way from a nearby forest. One had an apparent smile, touched with excitement. The other one was behind the hyper lad with nothing more than a out of breath expression. He's tall, Kyungsoo noted.

"Kyungsoo! Jongin's mate!" The hyper boy called out. 

Kyungsoo eyes shot in surprise. He looked at Baekhyun to only see the same expression. 

The boy and his follower finally met their destination and said, "You're the King of Zera's mate!" He chirped, his voice struggled from the run. "What are you doing here, my majesty?"

"There's no need to call me that." Kyungsoo confirmed. 

The boy eyes lit up. "I'm Jongdae! I'm from Zera but I left before the Cumals came. I have so much respect for you and your husband," He expressed. "This guy here, Chanyeol is from Zera too." Jongdae pointed to the tall lad. 

"Yeah, I'm from Zera but I don't think running to the King's husband was that necessary. I almost died from that run!" Chanyeol was clearly stressed. 

"Hey! Our majesty is worth it," Jongdae defended. "Your majesty, what are you doing here by yourself? Well, I guess you have a friend but I'm still worried." He directed his attention to Baekhyun.

"I left Zera for Lydia a week before the giants came. Ive been roaming around this country for the past months now."

Jongdae eyes shot open. "You've been away from your alpha for months?" 

Kyungsoo frowned. "I don't need my alpha."

Chanyeol quirked a brow. "Eh? What about your heat?" 

Jongdae punched Chanyeol in the arm, a scream coming from the giant. "Don't say that to our majesty! That's so disrespectful!"

"I was just asking, jackass!" Chanyeol shot back.

Kyungsoo sighed, more uncomfortable than ever. His heat came once a month but he learned how to cater to himself without Jongin. It was a painful cycle but he dealt with it. "It's fine. Please stop fighting."

Jongdae listened. "Hey, where are you guys heading now."

Baekhyun tensed. "None of your business." 

"It's fine, Baekhyun," Kyungsoo reassured. "I'm going to the closet village up ahead. 

"Really?! Well we reside in that village!"

Kyungsoo eyes widen. "Have you come across any giants?"

Jongdae shook his head a matter of fact. "Nope. Haven't seen one in weeks. They haven't came to the village in quite a while."

Kyungsoo smiled. "Do you mind guiding us back to your home?"

The hyper boy bursted in happiness. "Of course! I would love help you."

They were finally getting somewhere. 

 


a/n- sorry for any grammar mistakes. my computer is broken so im writing on my phone. i cant add certain detail bc i find it hard to express myself on a ing phone. anyway, enjoy!