My life and time with you

일생 {Lifetime}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Baekhyun let out a sigh, looking around the clinic. He was glad that there was no one around at the time because he was practically waiting outside of the clinic for it to open for about thirty minutes. He was just so anxious and scared. What if his prediction was all true?

 

“Byun Baekhyun.”

The nurse called out his name, startling Baekhyun before he nodded. He got up instantly only to be welcomed with a striking headache. Ugh! It hurts like hell. “Good morning, Mr. Byun.” Baekhyun heard the doctor greet him.

 

Baekhyun offered him an awkward smile. He doesn’t know if it’s a right time to smile or not. This is just getting intense. “J-just call me Baekhyun, doctor.” He said, stuttering due to his nervousness. The doctor nodded his head.

“You’re free to call me Dr. Lee then. So what brings you so early today, Baekhyun-ssi?”

Baekhyun heaved a heavy breath.

“Well, I’ve been experiencing several symptoms that are very weird. I thought it was just a cold but it getting worse.”

“So what are the symptoms? Headache? Nausea? Severe vomiting? Tired and sleepy all the time?” The doctor guesses and Baekhyun could only nods with a sigh. He knows what is coming next. “Well, from the look of you, I guess you thought you’re pregnant, right? Have you had any ual for the previous month or week?”

 

Baekhyun tried to remember and when he did, he nodded.

“It happened around 5 weeks ago, I think. Nearing two months and that’s all.”

 

The doctor wrote something on the sheet of paper attached to his clipboard and then he noded. He asked the nurse to prepare Baekhyun for the blood check and urine test. For some reason, Baekhyun felt like this is just getting so real. He knew what was wrong with his body.

Once he was done, the doctor looked at the results and Baekhyun felt even more nauseous than he has been feeling when Dr. Lee gave him a wide smile.

 

“Congratulations, Baekhyun-ssi. You’re indeed 5 weeks pregnant.” The doctor looked at the young boy in front him but when he noticed the discomfort on Baekhyun’s face, he frowned. “Baekhyun-ssi? I guess it’s not a welcoming situation?”

“I-I don’t know what to feel.”

“Do you want this pregnancy or is it a---”

“It’s not a mistake, I-I just---I don’t know!”

 

The doctor looks at the boy with sadden eyes, he moved to hug Baekhyun. “I’m so sorry for that. It’s fine. It’s normal for a young boy like you. I’ve met and deal with cases like you several times. You’re going to be just fine and I’m going to monitor you and the baby throughout the pregnancy. You don’t need to worry.”

Baekhyun didn’t cry, he did not cry for something like this but when the doctor kept assuring him that everything was going to be fine, he was mentally confuse.

It wasn’t going to be fine at all!

 

 

***

 

“Where are you going today, Baek? You’re not going to school.” The taller of the two walked inside the apartment, specifically, their shared apartment just after he came back from school. Chanyeol raised one of his eyebrows when Baekhyun kept being silent. The brown-haired boy was focusing on making them food and he didn’t even realize that Chanyeol was back from school.

 

Not until the giant stood beside him, poking on his tummy with his usually goofy smile.

“Yah! You scared me!”

Chanyeol widens his eyes.

“You didn’t hear me walk in the house? You didn’t even hear me asking you? This is terrible! What are you thinking?” Chanyeol leans on the kitchen counter, waiting for Baekhyun to serve the dinner. Baekhyun shakes his head. “Nothing, I’m just tired.”

 

Chanyeol frowns, this was not Baekhyun at all.

“You have a problem, right? I know you.”

“I’m fine, Chanyeol. Come. Let’s eat first.”

 

Baekhyun took off his apron, his eyes locked on his still-flat tummy. What should I say to Chanyeol? He’s going to notice soon when it gets bigger. “Yah, Baekhyun-ah! What are you doing there? Come eat with me.” He heard his best friend shouting just like usual. He let out a sigh before taking a seat in front of Chanyeol.

 

Halfway through eating, Chanyeol couldn’t keep up with the silence. What is wrong with him actually?! Why is he being so quiet? This is not Byun Baekhyun! He glances at Baekhyun who keep his head hung low.

“You should tell me everything, Baekhyun. I know you have a problem. Just tell me, I’ll be there for you. We’ve been best friend for many years. For God’s sake, Byun, I’m always here.” Chanyeol puts down his spoon, just to get a better look and preparing to hear the other’s problem. Baekhyun lifted his head up.

 

Surprised when his eyes meet the latter’s, he took a deep breath. Hoping that this is going to be fine. All fine.

“Do you remember when you won the music competition two months ago? We were drunk and we kinda… you know that night? You remember right?”

Baekhyun notices the changes of Chanyeol’s face. His throat went dry. The taller of the two nods his head. “It’s a blurry memory but Baek, we agreed not to talk about that again right? What is wrong, now?”

 

Baekhyun felt like crying, seriously. This is not how he picture to tell the latter about the baby.

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol. I really am. I didn’t go to school today because I needed to go to the doctor. I think I’m pregnant and I am. I’m exactly 5 weeks pregnant.” Baekhyun didn’t even look at the taller’s reaction because he knows it’s going to hurt. Chanyeol wouldn’t even believe him.

Heck, he’s afraid Chanyeol would leave him—them behind.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand stopped breathing for a while, trying to understand what is happening. Pr-pregnant? Baekhyun is pregnant? After that night with me, he’s pregnant? So the baby is mine?! Chanyeol shook his head.

“This is—I’m, I need to go out.”

Baekhyun expected that really.

He droped down his head on the dining table, just after he heard Chanyeol close the door of their apartment, leaving him miserably.

Baekhyun clutched on his shirt around the belly area when he felt it stinging.

 

“It hurts! Help!”

Baekhyun cried when practically, he remembered that he’s all alone. Chanyeol left him. The pain made him breathless. Baekhyun was afraid that something happened to the baby. He tried his hard to stand up, walking towards the door.

But before he opened it, his vision went black.

I love you, baby. Even if Chanyeol is not with us, you have me. You need to stay strong.

 

***

 

Baekhyun woke up when he felt someone holding his hand, though he did not open his eyes. He fainted earlier and he know he’s not on his bed. Maybe someone had brought him here. “Baekhyun, I’m sorry I left you when you told me. I-I just needed some time to think about all of this.” The small guy heard a familiar voice.

 

So the one who was holding his hand was Chanyeol.

He kept acting like he was still sleeping but given that Chanyeol knew him better than himself, he knew the other boy is not sleeping. “We need to talk, Byun. I know you’re awake.” Baekhyun let out a sigh before he opens his eyes.

Sitting up was difficult but when Chanyeol helped him, he froze. He knew it was going to be awkward after all of that happened.

“Is the baby fine?” Baekhyun can’t help but ask about the baby first. Chanyeol was taken aback but he still noded his head. “The baby’s fine. I’m sorry I wasn’t there. I-I…” Baekhyun let out a chuckle before he shaked his head.

“You don’t need to be sorry. I was fine on my own.”

“You’re not. I left you alone and when I came back you’re already lying on the floor. What do you expect me to feel? I-I just---It’s too much for us, don’t you think? We’re best friend, Baek. You’re my best friend. Don’t you think it’s weird to be pregnant with my baby?”

 

Baekhyun kept his head hung low. Now that the giant brought it up, he kept questioning himself too. What does this make them? Best friends with a baby together? Isn’t it going to get awkward? Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with a frown.

“Baek, are you even listening?”

“I am. Let me say this. First of all, I don’t want to get rid of the baby--” Baekhyun got rid of his coward self and he’s going to be strong for his baby. Chanyeol decide to cut him off.

“Are you crazy? We would never kill the baby! It’s illegal.”

“Just please let me continue, Park.” Baekhyun threw a gaze at Chanyeol and for some reason, the taller of the two smirked. This is the Baekhyun I know. He nods. “I just don’t want to disappoint you for the future so if you think it’s weird, you’re free to go. Well, maybe I will move out from the apartment. I need to stop going to school and I need to look for work. This has nothing to do with you and we’ll be fine on our own.”

 

Chanyeol look at the smaller boy with widened eyes. The way Baekhyun said it as if there were three people there including their unborn baby made him flustered. He shaked his head.

“You almost had a miscarriage about few hours ago and you say you’ll be fine on your own? Bull, just please, Baek, don’t be stubborn.”

“So what do you want me to do?!”

“Just act like usual. We’re still living together. You’re my best friend. I’ll take care of you and our baby. You can still go to school but please, don’t look up for part-time jobs. I need to do the work; you need to get straight home after school.” Baekhyun didn’t know what to feel when he heard ‘our baby’ from Chanyeol’s mouth. “I promised you, Baek. I’ll always be there for you.”

 

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun with reassuring eyes, not realizing that he tightened the hold of their hands. Baekhyun cleared his throat, looking away when he nodded. “Alright then. When can I go home?” He asked Chanyeol, only to receive a chuckle from the giant. “The doctor needs you to stay for about two days here. I’m sorry I can’t stay with you. I promise I will visit tomorrow. Make sure to stay healthy so you can come home.”

 

Baekhyun pouts.

“Why?”

Chanyeol shakes his head. “Baek, you almost lost the baby. The doctor needs to monitor you and the baby until the two of you are perfectly fine.” Chanyeol said while glancing down at the latter’s flat tummy. Baekhyun noticed it before he pulled up the comforter. They stood in an awkward silence when suddenly a doctor came inside the room.

 

“Look, look. Such young expecting parents we got here.” The doctor put something on the moving desk, smiling at the two young boys. Chanyeol stood up and he bowed at the doctor. Baekhyun pulled the latter’s arm to get him back to his seat.

The doctor could only chuckle.

“I’m here to let you guys know about the high potential on having a miscarriage. For some reason, it’s even dangerous when you’re still on the first trimester. Male pregnancy is very dangerous, mind you so please, take a good care of the expecting one and you as the one pregnant, you need to always think of the baby. Some young couple did forget that they’re pregnant and it lead to miscarriage.”

 

Chanyeol noded his head, listening carefully at the doctor’s explanation. Baekhyun took a glance at the taller boy with a smile. This is not that bad, huh? Unconsciously, his hand got down to pat his non-existent bump.

We’ll be fine, right?

 

***

 

Kyungsoo and Luhan took notice of the changes in Baekhyun’s behavior when the latter got into the second trimester. The pregnant boy didn’t even tell his friends about his condition though they’re not suspecting anything. But when Luhan’s big mouth asked him during the recess, he couldn’t help but to get nervous. Is it too obvious?!

 

“What?”

“You look different. I don’t know what it is but you’re getting chubbier.” Baekhyun pouts at the comment before he straightens his uniform which is slightly bigger to hide his bump. Kyungsoo eyed him curiously. “Are you hiding something from us, Baekhyun?”

 

Before he could answer, Minseok sat beside him, patting his belly which startled him. The older boy did widen his eyes too. “Baek…what is that? Are you ---” Baekhyun cuts him off, cleaning his throat. Luhan and Kyungsoo frowned while Minseok kept looking at him in disbelief.

“What, hyung? He’s what?”

“Just let me tell you guys but you guys need to keep quiet.”

 

Luhan nods his head desperately, so does Kyungsoo. “I’m pregnant.” Baekhyun said as clear as the water. The two boys widen their eyes so does Minseok. “Are you serious?!” Baekhyun needs to shut the duo’s mouths before someone other than them will know about his pregnancy.

“How far along?”

“I’m nearing 5 months next week.”

“Oh my god. Is it for real?”

 

Baekhyun nods his head, gazing at his hidden bump with a smile. Kyungsoo and Luhan can’t keep their curiosity unanswered so yes, Luhan with his big mouth asked about the father. This time, Baekhyun refused to tell them.

Kyungsoo got wild after that, he kept accusing Baekhyun of being reckless.

“Did you get a one-night stand? You don’t know the father? Oh my, you’re a single mother?” Kyungsoo shaked his head in disbelief. Minseok punched the younger boy’s shoulder with a glare. Baekhyun let out a sigh.

 

“You guys don’t need to know. I’m fine.” He replied, calmly. He doesn’t want to tell them about Chanyeol being the father when practically, he knew Chanyeol liked Kyungsoo and probably, the boy with owl like eyes also liked his best friend.

He was just going to ruin their relationship with the pregnancy thingy.

“What about Chanyeol? You guys are living together and he’s your best friend, he knows about this?” Minseok asked him this time and Baekhyun stiffened at the mention of Chanyeol. He looked at Kyungsoo, knowing that the smaller boy did feel the same. Kyungsoo and Luhan nodded their head.

 

Baekhyun forced a smile.

“He knows about this and he doesn’t need to worry. I’ll be fine on my own and we’re still living together. Nothing changed.” For some reason, Baekhyun got nervous talking about Chanyeol with his friends. Especially, Kyungsoo. He needed to clear the things between the three of them. He need to talk to Chanyeol tonight.

 

He’s not going to be a boundary between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol. The taller boy deserves to do whatever he wants, including dating Kyungsoo, his long-time crush.

“Kyungsoo, can’t we talk after school? Just the two of us?”

Baekhyun said to Kyungsoo when Luhan and Minseok were making their way towards their classes. The owl like eyed boy noded his head with a smile. “Sure, anything for you, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun replied with the same fake smile.

 

He doesn’t know why his heart told him otherwise. It kinda hurt but Baekhyun couldn’t even figure what was wrong with himself. Maybe it was just the pregnancy hormones kicking in. Baekhyun smiled widely when he remembered he got an appointment to attend next Saturday and he’s happy as hell.

He got to look at his baby again. With Chanyeol this time. Just like the last two monthly appointments.

Maybe he’s going to get his own happiness next time. Baekhyun hope to be happy. With his baby.

 

***

 

Chanyeol let out a chuckle when Baekhyun who practically crying over the drama they watched. “Yah, it’s just a drama. Why’re you so serious?” He keeps chuckling but when the pregnant boy gave him a glare, he stopped. That’s scary!

“It’s sad! You’re just being a cold-hearted guy. Go away, don’t get close to me.”

Baekhyun wiped his tears before he rubbed his tummy. Your daddy is such a brat. The sudden movement from the baby inside makes him startled. He had been experiencing light movements since last weeks but just now he got to feel his bump moving when he rubs it.

 

Chanyeol frowned when Baekhyun kept looking down at his bump and he can’t help but to get worried. “Hey, what’s wrong? Does it hurt?” Baekhyun kept rubbing his tummy with that unreadable expression which made Chanyeol curious.

“Yah! What’s wrong?”

He gets closer to the brown-haired boy, only to get ignored for a second time. Without warning, he places his hand on the other’s bump, ignoring what will Baekhyun do if he touches the bump. Chanyeol widen his eyes when he felt something moving under his palm.

Baekhyun let out a chuckle as he looks at Chanyeol’s expression.

“He ran away from me but when you place your hand, he moved towards you. This little brat!” Baekhyun let out a chuckle as he keeps rubbing his bump, not being aware of what they’re doing right now. Chanyeol unconsciously widen his smile when he felt the same movement again and again on his palm.

 

What is this feeling? He’s happy. Extremely happy and just now, Chanyeol understood the joy of being a father. He can’t help but to feel excited to meet the little baby.

“How do you know it’s going to be a boy? He might be a she too.”

“I want a boy but it doesn’t matter as long as the baby’s healthy, we will know on our next appointment.”

“Which is tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I’m excited!”

 

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun’s wide smile, feeling something tugging on his heart when their eyes meet. He cleared his throat, taking his hand away from the bump. Baekhyun did the same. “You haven’t drank your milk yet, right? I will do it for you. Wait here.” Chanyeol is fast to get up and walk toward the kitchen.

 

Baekhyun let out the breathes he didn’t know he’s holding. He leans on the cushion; hands keep feeling their baby moving. “Why are you so active tonight, baby? Are you so excited to meet me too, tomorrow? I just can’t wait to know your gender and I hope you’re healthy or else the doctor and your daddy will force me to eat some other supplements. I hate it from the bottom of my heart so please. I want you to be healthy.”

“Daddy is not forcing your appa, alright? He’s just being stubborn.” Chanyeol came from the kitchen with two cups; one with his favourite drink and the other one with Baekhyun’s milk.

“Yeah, yeah. Where’s my milk?”

“Here. I’m not forcing you so please, drink.”

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and Chanyeol chuckles. “I gave your number to Kyungsoo. I know you’ve been trying to ask him out and if he will text you tonight, you need to date him. I’m warning you.” Baekhyun said while taking a sip from the cup, eyes focusing back to the television.

Chanyeol frowns at the mention of Kyungsoo.

“Why did you give him my number? He doesn’t even like me and I’m the one who’s having a crush on him but now---”

“He likes you too, idiot. You guys should date for real. It has been like two years but you’re not making any progress! It’s frustrating you know.”

 

Chanyeol eyes widen, what did I just heard? He looks at Baekhyun slightly excited and confused. “What are you saying? He likes me too? How do you know? He told you or what? Baek, answer me!”

Baekhyun notices the excitement and in addition, Chanyeol goofy smile becsme more wide than ever. He nods his head, slightly hurt over something but he didn’t know what is the reason of it. What is wrong with Chanyeol dating Kyungsoo? He’s not going to be tied of you anymore. He’s going to be a normal young boy not a tied young father!

Just please be happy for him, Baek. He deserves better.

 

“So if Kyungsoo texts you tonight, ask him out on a date or maybe he might ask you for a date. You should go. If you don’t I’ll castrate you, I’ll make sure you will never have kids after mine.” Baekhyun warned him. “And! I didn’t tell him that you’re the father. Don’t worry.” He gets up just after he finish with his drink. Chanyeol keeps smiling on their way to the kitchen.

“I’ll go, Baek. I promise for you.”

“Not for me, but for you and him.”

“Whatever.” Chanyeol takes the cup from Baekhyun before he places it inside the sink. “Hey, thank you! You’re my best friend ever.” He said before he places a warm kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead which technically makes Baekhyun stop breathing for a while. “Goodnight Baek. Sleep well.”

“Goodnight, Yeol.”

 

That night, Baekhyun can’t even get his sleeping beauty. His mind keep replaying the scene when Chanyeol kissed his forehead. What is this feeling?! I’m not in love with my best friend? It’s ridiculous!

You’re confusing me, Chanyeol!

 

 

***

 

“Baek! Byun Baekhyun! Baekhyun! I have a date! With Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol runs toward the other’s room, only to be welcome with a sleeping Baekhyun. He felt guilty for making such a commotion early in the morning but he can’t help but feel excited over it.

Last night Kyungsoo texted him and yes, he did ask him for a date. The younger boy agreed for a date which will be today and he’s so thrilled to tell Baekhyun.

Chanyeol notices Baekhyun stirring from his sleep, he let out a chuckle when Baekhyun rubs his sleepy eyes. “Hey, sleepyhead. Good morning!” Baekhyun jumps a little when he heard the deep voices from the guy who leaning on the frame of his door room.

 

“What are you doing there, Park?! You always scare me like that!”

“I’m so sorry. Guess what?!” Chanyeol can’t hide his excitement anymore. He rushes toward Baekhyun with his smartphone in his hand. Baekhyun eyes widen when he looks at the texts Chanyeol’s sharing with Kyungsoo.

 

“You’re going on a date with him, today?”

“Yes! Help me with the clothes please? You know I kinda at it. You’re an outfit genius, I’ll look cool if you help me. Can you?” Chanyeol lips are still smiling widely, Baekhyun nods his head, but his mind remembered something.

Did Chanyeol forget about it?

“Byun, what’s wrong?”

“Ah—nothing! When are you going out? I’ll help you.”

“After I finished with the newspaper job, I’ll be back at 8. We’re going to meet at Seoul Station at 9. You can help me by then. You’re not going anywhere, right?” Chanyeol looks so excited for the date and Baekhyun can’t help to tell him about the not important appointment. Baekhyun nods his head. “I’ll be here until you finish with the job and outfits. You can believe on me.”

 

“Thank you, Baek!”

Chanyeol gets up instantly before he walks out of the room with happy heart. He’s going on a date with Do Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo, his two-year crush.

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun kept soothing his heart, telling himself that everything will be fine. It’s not like he’s going to die without Chanyeol accompanying him for the appointment. Maybe next time. But still, part of him wants Chanyeol to be there, knowing the gender of their baby together.

Just then Baekhyun realized that he’s in a big trouble.

What if he really is in love with Chanyeol? The father of his baby?

 

Baekhyun lets the questions sink in as he waits for Chanyeol to come home. Chanyeol had been doing several part time jobs since early in the morning but still, he gets some rest enough from school and all. He’s not that exhausted when practically, Chanyeol’s parent keep sending him money through his credit card.

 

The pregnant boy can’t help but to feel sorry over it. He should be the one having part-time jobs and all. But being a responsible person Chanyeol keeps thinking about their baby well-being in the future. They didn’t even get to tell Chanyeol’s parent about the existence of their unborn baby. Chanyeol refuses to do that.

 

And Baekhyun doesn’t know why.

Maybe he’s just being responsible for him and the baby but when the baby is born, he’s just going to be Baekhyun’s best friend. Not much more than that. It’s not that important to tell the grandparent about their grandchild. Baekhyun thought that maybe Chanyeol didn’t want to get inside the picture of their baby in the future.

 

It’s hurt to think about it even more.

Baekhyun once again feels like he’s just a burden. He’s lonely since the beginning of his existence. He’s an orphan. His father and mother threw him away and he was raised at an orphanage house that Chanyeol’s parents built for the society.

 

The two best friends met exactly when Chanyeol turned 6 years old. His parent brought him to the orphanage, and he befriended Baekhyun since then. They’re like buddies, never apart even after elementary school and high school. When they’re 16 years old, Baekhyun decided to move out from the orphanage and there, he made a decision with Chanyeol to live in an apartment near their school.

They’ve been living together for 2 years and now, they’re expecting a new life which is not going to change anything. Baekhyun believes in that. Even if he might fall in love with Chanyeol, his best friend, he can’t have him.

 

The boy is just so precious. He deserves someone better than Baekhyun.

Baekhyun keeps on telling himself that he’s going to be so happy if Chanyeol is happy. Having a baby, a little one with him is his biggest present. He’s not alone anymore. He’s going to live a happy life with his baby, one day. Only him and the baby.

 

 

 

 

***

 

“Oh, you’re alone today? Where is the father?” Dr. Lee came with a big smile, lifting Baekhyun’s shirt up, revealing his growing bump. Baekhyun forced a smile. “He got something to do this morning so he couldn’t come.”

 

The doctor nodded his head. He poured the cold gel on the bump for the ultrasound. Baekhyun eyes locked on the screen with a wide smile. “Look here, the baby is really healthy and it’s thanks to you and the daddy. Do you want to know the baby’s gender today?” Dr. Lee moves the kit on another side, looking at Baekhyun who is nodding.

“Well, from what I see here it’s highly going to be a baby girl. Congratulation, I bet she’s going to be such a cute and pretty girl. Look at you and her daddy, you got nice genes though. As much as you can’t wait to see her, I can’t help but to feel the same.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t notice that he’s crying, not until he realizes the pillow is wet by some tears when he sits up. The doctor let out a chuckle. “Don’t worry, she’s healthy and I know you’re going to be the best for her. You know what, this far of having young and male expecting mother, you’re the first who got a baby girl. I’m so happy for you.”

Baekhyun wiped his tears before he flashed a wide smile.

“Thank you, I can’t wait to see this little beauty too. I love her so much.”

“You made a good decision to keep her, Baekhyun-ssi. You’re a strong one. She’s going to be your happiness. I could see it from the beginning.” Dr. Lee handed him two copies of the sonogram. Baekhyun let out a chuckle. “You’re very good with words, Dr. Lee. I bet you can be a psychologist or something if you didn’t go for OB/GYN.”

 

“I turn this way but I’ve always want to say good things to my patients. You’re lucky to have me as your doctor. Congratulation again for the baby girl, we can meet her through this ultrasound again next month. Make sure you drink the milk, eat your vitamins and never skip naps and sleep at night. I don’t recommend going to school during the end of your 2nd trimester but it’s fine as long as you don’t get any stress from it. You’re a student after all.”

 

Baekhyun nodded his head, repetitively. He offered him a warm smile before he stood up to leave the room. But then, the doctor remembered something. “I’m late to ask but since you’re nearing your 20 weeks, did you feel any movements from the baby?”

The young boy let out a chuckle; he nods at the memory of last night.

“I’ve been feeling several tiny movements last few week but last night, I felt her moving when I places my hand on the bump. I can see her little tiny feet now.” The doctor nods his head before he smiles. “That’s great, then. She’s perfectly fine. Be safe, alright? Call me if you need to ask anything.”

Baekhyun bows a little.

“Thank you, Dr.”

“You’re welcome.”

 

Just like that Baekhyun forgot everything he tend to stress out for. He forgot about Chanyeol not remembering the appointment; he forgot about how Chanyeol looks extremely happy to go on a date with Kyungsoo and he wants to forget how hurt he will fell when Chanyeol will come back, shouting ‘I’m dating Do Kyungsoo, he’s my boyfriend now!’.

It’s all thank to his baby girl, laying under his heart.

 

I really love you my princess. We’re going to be fine. You’re strong and I’ll always want to be strong for you. Just please, don’t leave me. I don’t want to be all alone anymore.

 

 

***

 

Chanyeol walks around the shops with Kyungsoo walking beside him. He keeps smiling since they step out of the amusement park and of course, after Kyungsoo called him adorable (which he denied miserably). It’s near 3 in the evening and they decided to continue their date around the popular shopping centre.

“Hey, Chanyeol. Would you mind if I go to the toilet for a while?”

Kyungsoo moves his head to look at the taller before Chanyeol nods. “Sure, take your time. I’ll wait here.” Chanyeol stands right in front of the baby shop. He didn’t realize it before but when he notices the shop, he can’t help but to feel overwhelmed. The young boy decides to walk inside the shop, looking around at the adorable baby things.

 

His eyes locked on a stuffed puppy toy at the corner of the shop. He remembered Baekhyun once had the toy when they’re little but then the toy went missing and he didn’t know how. Chanyeol took the puppy toy with him, paying for the it and he continued looking around the shop with a wide smile.

I’m going here with Baekhyun, one day. He’s going to be so happy.

 

Chanyeol jumps a little when someone pokes his shoulder. It was Kyungsoo. “I didn’t know you had a soft spot for these stuffed toys and baby shops.” He teases. He remembered that Baekhyun didn’t tell him about their baby and that he’s the father so he decides to keep quiet. “I bought this for Baekhyun. Though, I’m just looking around for the baby later.”

 

Kyungsoo nods his head. For some reason, he could tell something was off with Chanyeol.

“So what’s the gender? He didn’t tell us, I bet you must know by now.” Kyungsoo asks him, hands going to roam over the set of baby things consisting of clothes, pacifier, rattles, mittens and all. Chanyeol shakes his head but then realization hits him. Damn!

 

He forgot about Baekhyun’s monthly appointment! He ing forgot that he promised to know the gender together with Baekhyun. Furiously, Chanyeol checks his smartphone but there is none missed calls or messages from his best friend.

“Kyungsoo, I’m so sorry I can’t take you home. I need to go.”

“What is happening? Why?”

“I’m so sorry but I really need to go. Thank you for today, I really had a good time. See you at school!” Chanyeol rushes to get out of the baby shop, leaving Kyungsoo feeling confused over something. He let out a sigh.

You don’t even ask me to be your boyfriend.

 

When Chanyeol reached their shared apartment, he opened the door and there was Baekhyun. The pregnant boy didn’t even look at his direction and Chanyeol felt something tugging at his heart. He felt guilty.

“Baek… I’m home.”

He said with a low voice but still Baekhyun could hear him. The smaller boy took off his apron, revealing his growing bump clothed with his baggy shirt before he smiled at Chanyeol. The taller of the two is fast to detect the sadness on his eyes. “Baekhyun, I’m so sorry, I missed the appointment. I-I forgot.” Chanyeol took a seat on the dining table.

Baekhyun nods his head.

“I thought you already ate? But never mind, you can eat. I cooked enough for the two of us.” Baekhyun ignore his apologizes. Chanyeol shakes his head.

“Byun, did you hear me?”

“What is wrong, Chanyeol? How was your date with Kyungsoo?”

“Baek, please stop. I know you’re sad. I’m sorry that I forgot the appointment. I promised to be there with you but I wasn’t.”

 

Baekhyun kept his head hung low. His tears threatening to fall thus he tried so hard to prevent them from falling. Why are you so weak?!

“It’s fine. It’s not that important. I—”

“It is important! I’m so sorry. I got so excited to go on a date with Kyungsoo but I forgot about the baby’s appointment. I’m sorry, I’m such a horrible daddy.” Chanyeol moves closer to Baekhyun but when he’s about to hold the other, Baekhyun gets up in an instant, walking toward his room. He didn’t want Chanyeol to see him breaking down like this.

 

Baekhyun was all happy this morning just after he found out about their daughter. He even finished his homework and he wrote some pregnancy diary for the memories later. But he didn’t expect himself to break down just after a few minutes seeing Chanyeol’s face. In addition, his apologized and all.

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

 

Chanyeol swears he saw tears falling when Baekhyun got up and he can’t help but to feel guilty. This is all his fault. If he remembered that he was going to the appointment with Baekhyun, he would never have agreed for a date with Kyungsoo today. He didn’t even get to ask Baekhyun about the gender of their baby.

He’s going to apologize again.

 

 

***

 

Baekhyun didn’t go to school the next day so did Chanyeol. The pregnant boy was startled when he noticed Chanyeol in the kitchen, cooking something. “Baek, have some breakfast.” The taller looked at him with a smile but he can’t help but to frown at the swollen eyes of Baekhyun.

“I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologizing, Yeol. It’s not your fault. I was the one who asked you to go on a date with Kyungsoo, I’m glad you agreed. How was the date?”

“Can we not talk about the date, right now?”

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun with a stern look. The smaller boy nodded his head as he digs in the pancakes with honey. They eat in silence and Chanyeol is the one who broke it. “How’s the appointment? What did the doctor say? Uhm… what about the gender? You already kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter