1/Final

The Marriage

  Their marriage was failing, he knew it. From him rushing to work every morning to her voluntarily picking up unnecessary double shifts, they lacked communication. They used to eat meals together, now they don't. For a year, they had tried to make their conflicting schedules work, but eventually gave up after the seventh month of hardly seeing each other. 

  Zhang Yixing loved his wife dearly. Before their work schedules overlapped, she had been his biggest cheerleader. From making sure he got his work done each evening to making sure he was eating at the right times to giving him tender love, they were blissful and entirely  devoted to one another. 

  However, as in all relationships, they had their disagreements  from time to time. Tonight was no different. It was a stupid disagreement, vented out from the days' frustrations and their own stresses. 

  Afterwards, his wife pushed past him abruptly to their bedroom. She was a sensitive woman, so he followed after her automatically. Seeing her hiding beneath the sheets broke him. Closing the bedroom door, he heard her soft whimpers and sobs. Sighing, he makes his way to the bed and lays beside her blanket covered figure. 

   "I'm sorry." He defeatedly whispers. 

  They lay together, and Yixing vows to himself to mend their marriage. The couple ease off into a shared dream of when they first met. He, a upperclassman, while her being a transfer student. 

  Their hands find their way to each other in their sleep.

    And for the moment, they are happy.