Final

Up Late
Please log in to read the full chapter

(A little gif of Minsik stopping his girl from drinking too much. From his Rendezvous MV)

 

 

It would be fun, he said.

He would stay with you, he said.

But being friends with Jay has made you realized that the almost thirty-year-old man was super flakey when it came down to partying. He would often get too caught up having fun and would often disappear periodically during the night, only reappearing to get drinks or to hang out with the guys for a bit, or at the very end, as he makes sure everyone gets home safely (Or at least all the girls, he never really cared about the guys getting back since they would sometimes crash at the office if one of them was too drunk to get home)

So, when he somehow convinced you to go to The Cut for one of his performances, you were already prepared to hang out with the AOMG guys, probably sitting with Chase, or Sunghwa and Loco if Chase wasn’t there. It was not that you were uncomfortable with the guys, but it was just a lot easier for you to converse in English than Korean so Chase and Jay usually made pretty good company (until Jay flakes).

So, by the second song of the set, Jay had already disappeared even though he still had another five songs before he was supposed to perform. You texted Chase, wondering where he was, but his quick reply came, apologizing for not being there tonight as he was busy working on Kiseok’s album. You sigh softly to yourself before weaving your way towards the VIP section and sliding in between Hyukwoo and Sunghwa, greeting everyone quickly before falling silent after Kiseok handed you a beer.

Downing your drink silently, you eyed the DJ booth, waiting for Jay to appear. When it was almost his set, the whole crew got up and went over to support Jay and you went with them, but disappeared into the front to watch them instead of being behind the DJ booth, least you get people giving you weird looks for being the only girl who was not famous and not part of AOMG. If only Hyunjung was there, you could have been able to party with AOMG, but you settled for grinning at Jay proudly, alone in the front.

After his set, you were about to head back to the VIP section when you heard Jay call you and motioned you to stay. You gave him a confused look but remained in your place, in front of the stage with a drink in one hand and your phone in the other.

The next person to take the stage was someone you recognized, but was not familiar with. It was not hard to recognize his bright grills that flashed in the lights when he smiled. You knew he hung around the AOMG boys quite often, but you had never bothered to introduce yourself since you were often contently hanging out with Chase whenever he was around.

As he was performing, you noticed him continuously eyeing you and gave him a smile in response. He, Sik-K as he had introduced himself, was obviously very popular, almost as much as Jay considering the amount of pushing that was happening at the front and the sheer number of cell phones that were filming him. Almost everyone at the front were filming on their cellphones which made you shake your head in disappointment. Performances were best enjoyed live because of the connection between the performer and the audience, but it was so often lost from the sea of glowing cellphones.

When he was done his set, his crew and Jay’s moved to the VIP section. You slowly make your way over, trying to get past the crazy fan girls who stopped some of them for pictures, some even trying to get into the restricted area. You were almost stopped from entering, but Jay appeared out of nowhere and mumbled some words to the security guard before pulling you in unexpectedly.

You rolled your eyes as his sudden actions but followed him over to the table. He guided you over to Sik-K and introduced you to him. “Minsik-ah, this is Hana. She’s a good friend of mine from Canada. Her Korean’s pretty bad so you might want to use English with her.” He said offhandedly, teasing you with his cheeky grin.

“Hana, Minsik, also known as Sik-K. He was on my team when I was judging on Show Me the Money.” He told you, shoving you down to sit between Minsik and Hyukwoo and handed you a drink. You were about to grab his arm and asking him what the he was trying to do, but the man disappeared like a ghost, leaving a faint trail as you spotted him making his way to pick up some girls.

You laughed softly at his disappearing back before turning to Jay’s friend. “Hey, I’m Hana, it’s nice to meet you. You were great earlier on stage.” You tell him with a smile.

“Thanks, I appreciate you coming out to support all of us.” He said politely, smiling at you.

“You all deserve it. I know how hard you all work, to the point where I sometimes get frustrated when I see people just filming at watching you guys perform from their phones.” You tell him honestly.

He grinned in response, remembering how you were watching with your full attention and your phone was tucked away. “Yeah, it’s pretty good promotion when people upload them, but I still like performing at clubs like this. Especially when there’s the rare person like you who just watches without their phone.” He said, noting how you were watching the performances earlier.

You shrugged and smiled.

Please log in to read the full chapter