Part Time 2

Unexpected

You were late for your school registration date. Which resulted in you having classes until 7 at night. This made your work schedule even worse. You had to take over the night shift since you no longer had time in your day time because of school.

"Hello, Welcome," you said with a hint of exhaustion in your voice as you hear the bell in front of the door ring. You were taking down the expired triangle kimbap and sandwiches from the store's fridge. You tried grabbing that last expired sandwich. As a 5 foot tall person who is too lazy to get the chair, you failed to grab onto it. Failing to get it multiple times, a voice approached.

"Need help?" a deep voice rung beside you.

You could feel his breath in the back of your ear as he reached over to the expired sandwich.

"Thank you, I was too lazy to get the chair," you said.

As you turned around, you realized it was the same man as the man you saw when you substituted for your other part time partner.

"Oh, haha the hat and mask person! Oops, Sorry," you said. He raised his brows in a questionable manner.

"Oh, I remember you too! The one who was studying behind the counter right?School must be hard. And did the guy quit?" he asked.

"Nope, he just moved to the day shift. I had my school schedule messed up so I had to take night shifts," you said as you total up the things that he bought.

"I guess we'll be seeing each other often," he said. "Uhm hmm," you murmured. "Take care, there's a lot of erted guys these days. Take this pepper spray in case anything happens to you," he said as he handed over a black bottle.

"Oh no, it's alright," you said, baffled by his sudden gesture of care.

He grabbed your hand and placed the bottle in your hands.

"Take it,  I brought it over for you. I was quite worried the last time I saw you because you were too small and you looked too fragile. I thought some bad guys might do something to you. So I decided to bring this pepper spray over in case I see you again. Well, now's the time", he said.

You mouth literally hung open, baffled by the fact that someone who saw you once worried this much for you. His phone rung and he walked out with a goodbye wave.