Gone

Gone

~Jungkook's Pov~

I felt the car stop as I reached my destination, the sound of the car door open, signaling me to get out, I stepped out of the car carefully.

"Be careful, Mr. Jeon."

I smiled at my assistant, Mr. Park Jimin.

Even though I couldn't see him, I knew he was smiling back at me.

His smell of cologne signified that he was there, making sure I reached my private piano class.

I heard the birds chirping and the tree rustle its branches with the wind, I couldn't see it's magnificent beauty, and I never would.

"Here goes." I said and began walking towards the small gate, Jimin walked beside me leading me to the class I was registered in. I carried all my piano notes in my bag. 
I hope I don't screw up, I thought to myself as I walked.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Jeon."

I was greeted by one of the staff from the household.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Taehyung." I said.

"You'll have to wait for a couple of minutes Mr. Jeon. Someone else is finishing their lesson." Mr. Taehyung explained. "Why don't you go sit by one of those benches that are next to the door?"

I nodded at him and walked towards the direction he said..


                     ~Yoongi's Pov~

As I played the piano with such gentle, careful perfection I kept my eyes locked on the piano, not trying to lose my focus. I slightly looked up to see the view of outside, the trees lined up straight, below them were small hedges of grass and a small patch of daisies scattered around.

I kept my music in rhythm as my instructor, Kim Namjoon was making sure I stayed focused.

I continued to play then, I saw a boy walking.

His hair was dark brown just like his eyes. He was wearing a brown coat with black pants that resembled professional attire. I moved my head forward to the piano, trying to get a better view of the boy but, my instructor smacked the top of the piano edge with a ruler.

I got back in my position and focused on playing again, my eyes wandered off the piano, I saw the boy again. He sat down on the bench keeping his eyes down. A couple of minutes passed and the lesson was over, I grabbed my music notes and put them in my bag.

As I took out a bottle of pills that were prescribed for me, I ate one and closed the bottle. Once I swallowed the pill, I passed by the boy, my eyes stayed glued onto him until I was about to reach the exit.

"Who is that?" I asked my instructor.

"It's none of your concern, Min Yoongi." Namjoon said, as he slightly pushed me out of the door.

"I can get out on my own." I said annoyed and walked out the house.


                    ~The Next Day~


As I got out of the car, I thanked my assistant, Mr. Jung Hoseok.

"Have fun today Mr. Min." Mr. Hoseok smiled.

"I will." I showed my gummy smile and saw my assistant smile wider at the sight of me showing emotions again. It had been a while since I had. 

I walked towards the entrance where Mr. Taehyung was standing by the gate.

"Afternoon, Mr. Min." Mr. Taehyung smiled.

"Afternoon, Mr. Taehyung." I said.
 He bowed down and I returned it before continuing to walk towards my class.

As I was walking, I took a glance through the window, seeing the boy was there again. I then noticed there was a candy jar on top of the piano.

I looked at the jar in concern, my instructor was very strict when it came to sweets on the musical instruments when it came to musical instruments in general.
I then snapped out of my thinking as I heard a smack.

Namjoon had hit the edge of the piano startling the boy. This caused some candy fall off the piano.

  
                    ~Jungkook's Pov~

I screwed up, I thought to myself as I heard the candy from the piano fall to the ground. I moved my hands to the floor, struggling to find the candy and put them back on the key notes again.


I then the footsteps move away from me. 

I sighed knowing no one would help me.


                    ~Yoongi's Pov~


I stared at the boy, who was struggling to get the candy from the floor. I looked at him confused over why he was scrabbling to pick them up. I then looked up ahead as I heard the door open. Mr. Kim Seokjin was coming out of the house to offer me a snack.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Min." Seokjin smiled.

"Afternoon, Seokjin." I greeted him. "Seokjin, may I ask you a question?"

"Of course." Seokjin said, he then placed the snacks on the bench and sat across from me.
"What do you want me to answer?"

"Do you know who that boy is?" I said and pointed at the boy.
"That Mr. Min is Mr. Jeon Jungkook." Seokjin answered. 
I glanced over at Jungkook seeing he was able to find the candy and place them on the piano but, I wasn't sure if he had put them in the correct keys.

Jeon...Jungkook I said to myself, it was a unique name, it suited the boy very well.

"I see he was struggling to find the candy that fell on the floor." I said.
"Does he have a sickness or condition that he needs those?"

I saw Seokjin bit his lip, not knowing whether to tell me or not.

He then looked around making sure no one heard us, then leaned in my ear.

"Keep this a secret!" Seokjin whispered, I nodded. "He...he can't see.”

I looked at Seokjin shocked.

"He can't see?” I said as I motioned my hands to my face moving them side to side.

Seokjin shushed me, telling me to quiet down, afraid of Namjoon overhearing us and probably firing Jin and expelling me from class. 

"He's blind." Seokjin said and sighed. "Don't mention this to him, he's been through a lot as a little boy.”

I nodded.

"I'll leave the snacks here, I have to return to my position." Seokjin said, he got up, bowed and left back inside.

I looked in the window, I saw the boy sitting in the chair, looking down at the piano, not knowing what to do. I got up from the bench, got the tray of snacks and entered the house.

I placed the snacks on the coffee table and walked towards the boy.

“Who's there?”Jungkook asked. He knew I was here since he could hear my footsteps.

“Don't worry, I'm gonna help you.” I told him gently as I sat down next to him and placed the candy back to the right tiles.“There, the candies are back in place.”

“Who are you? Why did you help me?” Jungkook asked.

“I'm Min Yoongi, I also come here to play piano. And I saw through the window you were struggling so why not help you?”

“You were spying on me?” The boy questioned his eyebrows furrowing in suspicion.

“No, I heard the instructor smack the edge of the piano so that caught my attention.” I explained.

“Oh, well thank you.” Jungkook said and smiled slightly.

“Do you want me to help your fingertips find the correct piano notes?” I asked. Jungkook nodded and I got his hand and placed his fingers on the tiles. I then heard someone coming downstairs.
“Go play the piano” I hissed and crouched under the piano to hide.

I could tell Namjoon had walked in the room, seeing Jungkook playing the piano again had made him startled into silence.

“How did you manage to put the candies back in place?” Namjoon asked.

“Well Mr. Namjoon, let's just say I have someone by my side.” Jungkook explained.
I could tell that Jungkook was smiling mischievously. 

“You continue while I take care of some business, don't mess up again.” Namjoon warned and left the room back upstairs.

Once he was gone, I peeked out of the piano and smiled at Jungkook, I sat next to him, I then felt my heart ache, I clenched my chest hard and took out my antibiotics pills that were prescribed for my rheumatic heart disease, I opened the cap rapidly, took out a pill and swallowed it.

“What's wrong?”Jungkook asked, I looked at the boy, seeing he started to look worry.

“Nothing.” I said, I then grabbed the candy jar, opened it, and took out a piece of candy.
“Say ah”

I put the candy in Jungkook's mouth as he opened it, he closed his mouth as he ate the candy, I felt his lip touched my finger as I fed him the candy, I stared at the finger then looked at Jungkook, seeing the boy smile.

I smiled back at him, that's when I realized...I loved him…

One Week Later

“Jungkook come here, the coast is clear.” I said as I motioned my hand towards Jungkook. We were outside in the backyard of the house, leading to a small bench with flowers around it and a big open field with trees, I sighed when I saw Jungkook still standing there. Of course he couldn't see my movements.

I then grabbed his hands, smiling when the boy was shocked by my actions and gave a little jump. I sat him down on the bench beside me.

“Yoongi...can I feel you?” Jungkook asked, ducking his head shyly. 

“Sure.” I replied then leaned into Jungkook, his hands reached to my face. As his fingers traced through my face and up my forehead then down my lips and chin, a smile formed on his face. 
I then held his right hand and placed it by my heart.

Jungkook's Pov

I felt Yoongi's heart beating, noticing it was beginning to speed up. I became a little worried but, by him being with me, I could tell it wanted to slow down.

Yoongi's Pov

I felt my heart ache again. I took out my bottle of pills and tried to make my heart calm down, so Jungkook wouldn't worry. I didn't want him to know I was sick. I didn't want him to know about me taking these pills. I wanted to keep him safe from any worries, forever.

Namjoon’s Pov

This had been going on for some time now, I thought as I watched the two boys on the bench. Those two are getting too comfortable with each other, they should be focused more in their notes instead of each other.
I then heard the door open, Seokjin walked in with a tray of green tea and croissants.

“Here you go Mr. Namjoon.” Seokjin bowed and was about to leave.

“Seokjin.” I said firmly, he stopped in his tracks and turned to me.

“Yes?” Seokjin asked, looking worried. Perhaps he thought he was in trouble.

“Call in security and take Min Yoongi away.” I said, I saw Seokjin’s expression looking like he wanted to decline, but he nodded.

“Right away sir.” Seokjin said and left the room.

I turned to the window, still seeing them together.

“You two won't be together for long.” I murmured. It would be for their own good.

~Yoongi's Pov~

I was about to take my pills when I felt two arms grab me firmly and pull me away from Jungkook.

“Jungkook!” I yelled and struggled to break free.

“Yoongi!” Jungkook cried unaware of what to do. He couldn't see me getting taken away, he couldn't see me gritting my teeth hard as my heart continued to ache.

My pills fell to the grass but before I could reach down to get them, I was taken away from the house...away from Jungkook…

~Jungkook's Pov~

I could barely hear Yoongi screaming out my name.
I couldn't get him back or help him, but I did hear something fall to the ground with a rattle. I crouched down and started to look for that object, it might've took me forever if Seokjin hadn't helped me.

I was grateful he helped me find what I was looking for.

“Seokjin, why did they take Yoongi away?” I asked.

“I was ordered to by Namjoon. I'm sorry Jungkook. I didn't wanted him to leave either, he was a very hard working boy and was passionate about playing the piano.” Seokjin explained. He then added. “...even about you.”

I nodded and kept my focus on finding the object, I then felt a little bottle, I picked it up and shook it, it rattled as I shook it, I then handed it to Seokjin.

“Seokjin, what does this bottle say?”

It took awhile until he gave me an answer.

“Antibiotics pills...for rheumatic heart disease…”

Few hours later

It's only been a day and half since Yoongi was gone, I couldn't believe Yoongi kept this from me but, I can understand why.

It all made sense, when I felt his heartbeat it had started to speed up, he did his best to calm it down but, I don't know if he could slow it down for that long. He was trying to be strong for me but it was costing him.

The night before I couldn't get sleep, I was restless. I held onto the pills he had to take but, he never came back to get them. I wandered around the living room, still scared, still worried for him.

It was already night time, it was getting a little late but just before I could decide to go to bed, I heard the door open.

“Seokjin?” I called out. 
There was no response, only footsteps. They walked past me and I then heard something creak.

“Jungkook…”

I then knew the owner of that voice…

“Yoongi…”

My eyes started watering, I was glad he was still alive, maybe he gotten pills to replace the ones he had lost. So, he's fine now, I thought to myself happily.

I then heard him start to play the piano.
I smiled.

Yoongi's Pov

I didn't have that much time but, at least I could get to spend my last moment with him.
I smiled, my heart was still aching but, I couldn't fix it anymore…I was already too late…

Jungkook's Pov

“Yoongi, you'll come back and visit me right?”

“Jungkook...I wanted to say this to you during the days we had spent together.” Yoongi explained.

His voice sounded low and weak.

“What is it Yoongi?” I asked him.

“This will be...the last time...I'll tell you...I...I wanted to say...I...love...yo-”

I then heard something fall on the piano, I became worried.

“Yoongi?”

I heard no response.

“Yoongi...please don't tell me you're…”

I still heard no response…

My eyes became watery, I wish he was still alive. I wish he was still with me.

“Yoongi…I love you too…”

Namjoon’s Pov

I stood there by the stairs as I saw Yoongi enter and started playing the piano for Jungkook. I saw Yoongi die on the piano tiles, his head on his left arm, while his right arm was dangling, back and forth. 

I then saw Jimin enter the house and see Yoongi then Jungkook crying. He then looked up at stairs at me. I looked back at him with guilt, he had to know I hadn't had wanted this to happen. He turned back towards Yoongi and walked towards his side, he then picked Yoongi up bridal style and left the house.

As I reached down stairs, I saw him carrying Yoongi to the car with the help of Taehyung. The student who had struggled with his heart and been devoid of most emotions finally looking peaceful and at ease with his eyes closed and his body limp.

I then turned to the piano Yoongi played before his final breath. I walked towards the piano, sat down on the stool and began playing.

Jungkook's Pov

I heard the piano playing again, I knew Yoongi wasn't playing it but, whoever it was, they were playing the exact same notes Yoongi was playing. It made me smile, I knew Yoongi was gone…

...but he had never truly left me...