Part One

First Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are three friends who always hang out. They are Lee Sungyeol, Nam Woohyun and lastly Lee Sungjin. Sungyeol and Woohyun have been best friends since they are kindergarten. Their meeting is the last thing they wished they could forget. Once they were in kindergarten, Woohyun peed in his pants and didn’t bring any extra of his underwear. Luckily, being a good kid, Sungyeol brought his extra. They called it ‘The Underwear’ meeting. Since then, they have been best friend that give each other underwear.

Being a talented human they are, Woohyun dreamt to have a little band with his mate. Sungyeol agreed to be a singer along with Woohyun. The husky high note Woohyun has work well with Sungyeol’s stable voice. But even though they sing beautifully, it just missed an instrument. They needed at least a pianist or a guitarist to complete the harmony.

When they stepped in to middle school, their friendships were still long last like mozzarella cheese in pizza. They did accomplish to become a duet partner, but they were still trying to find a guitarist. They actually found a very good guitarist named Kim Myungsoo. But according to Woohyun, he was too emo and he got a little bit creepy around him. So, they canceled him. And there was this pianist named Kim Sunggyu. But Sungyeol said that he was creepier than Myungsoo. He nags all of the time and when they were singing, Sunggyu always buts in and says that he could sing better. They actually got worn-out with searching and settled to do acapella. Why the Kim’s they met was always creepy?

It was already four o’clock in the afternoon. Mostly the students had been going home, except they who were ambitious chose to study in the library until the next sunrise. Sungyeol that just finished his assignment threw his hands in the air, stretching his body while walking to the school’s main door to go home. He walked through the empty hallway and he was mumbling a random song. Then all of the sudden, he heard a sound came from the other room.

“Strange,” he mumbled as he blinked his eyes and followed the tuned. He could simply guess that it was the sound of a guitar.

Then he found a classroom and he put his ear to the wooden door to hear the sound. It’s catchy, he thought as he nodded his head as well as the beat of the guitar. He knew the song too, Exodus by EXO. The sing itself was getting catchy when it turned to be acoustic. He was so happy and ready to meet him.

“Dangerous, dangerous,” Sungyeol made his grand entrance while singing the lyric and his eyes went wide when he found out it wasn’t a he.

The girl was shocked and stopped her play when someone interrupted. It was an awkward situation when a guy found her sitting on a table with her legs wide open. Good thing she wore shorts that time.

“Please continue the part,” Sungyeol said to remove the awkward atmosphere.

The girl just nodded in agreement and started to strum again.

“She’s so dangerous,” Sungyeol continued to sing with the girl playing her guitar, making the awkward atmosphere gone. And on that day, Sungyeol learned about her. Lee Sungjin.

The next day, quickly Sungyeol dashed to his best friend, none other than Woohyun who was making his homework before the school starts. Sungyeol, being a choding he is, shook Woohyun’s table and told his story to the busy Woohyun.

“But, Sungyeol, she’s a girl,” Woohyun said, didn’t even glance at the younger.

“But, Woohyun…” he then trailed his voice. “She’s a pro! I can tell. You have to meet her with me. And, she’s not a Kim!” he said referring to the creepy Kim’s and Woohyun gave him a ‘what’ look. “Right after school, we will go. I won’t take a ‘no’ for an answer.” With that, he got out to his class.

At the end of school day, Woohyun already stood outside Sungyeol’s class, waiting for him. Sungyeol has this habit for getting out for a long time from class. But Sungyeol didn’t take a lot of time like he always does. Shocker. Then together with Sungyeol that leaded the way, they went to Sungjin’s class.

Sungjin was in the same grade as them, except different class. Sungyeol was in class A, Woohyun was in class C, and Sungjin was in class G. Sungyeol and Woohyun’s class is in the same hall, but different from Sungjin’s. It took well, around two minutes, but if you had long legs like them a half minute would do.

In class G, Sungjin was putting away her stuffs to her schoolbag and zipped it when she was done. On her right side was her guitar. She slung her schoolbag to her back and reached her guitar that she propped on the wall. She stood up with her guitar on her hand, ready to go home before a loud sound disturbed her.

“Sungjin!” Sungyeol said with a happy face.

She smiled softly and greeted him. “Annyeonghaseyo, Sungyeol-ssi.”

Sungyeol waved his hands. “No need, formalities. We are friends, aren’t we?”

“Hehehe…” she sheepishly smiled. “True.”

But then Sungjin felt another presence was in the room. Sungjin was a bit scared of him because his aura was a little bit intimidating.

Sungyeol then grabbed Woohyun and slung his hand around his shoulders. “This here is my friend. Say ‘hi’, Woohyun-ah.”

Woohyun then nodded and introduced himself a little bit cold. “Annyeonghaseyo, Nam Woohyun imnida.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Woohyun-ssi. Choneun Lee Sungjin imnida,” Sungjin also introduced.

Sungyeol noticed the clean table and organized bag that she was ready to go home. So he then asked her, “do you mind to play your guitar, Sungjin-ah? My friend right here wanted to hear you play,” Sungyeol asked her.

Sungjin took his request whole heartedly and put down her schoolbag on the table near her, also her guitar. She opened the case and grabbed her guitar with her left hand. Woohyun saw her guitar and asked her a question.

“Are you left-handed?” Woohyun asked her as he saw the guitar was similar to a guitar that was on sale near his house but only for left-handed people.

Sungjin nodded. “Yes, I am,” she smiled and took a seat on the chair, unlike yesterday.

“Play yesterday’s song!” Sungyeol requested.

“Okie-dokie!” she laughed and strummed the guitar.

Woohyun was getting goosebumps when she played the guitar. It was so original like she was the one who made it, but not. She just arranged the song and made it to be super catchy and Woohyun couldn’t help to not sing. Sungyeol smirked when he heard his best friend already singing. He knew that they found the guitarist they searched. So then, Sungyeol joined Woohyun to sing and Sungjin nodded her head to the beat of the song and their voices. Since that day, the duo turns to be the trio.

 

Their friendships long last until they reached university. Three of them took the same course; music. They were internet stars for their covers. Now, they wanted to know more about music, and that was the reason behind they entered music major.

They were super close to each other, no doubt for Woohyun and Sungyeol because the ‘Underwear Meeting’. Sungyeol happily told Sungjin about it and she couldn’t help to laugh at Woohyun, making him hit her with his music sheets and Sungyeol would be the one who separated them. That’s how their relationships work. Woohyun to Sungyeol were like bros, Sungyeol to Sungjin were like siblings, and meanwhile Woohyun to Sungjin were like cats and dogs. Their fans knew about it too.

 

They were in a group project, where they had to sing their own song. Now they were in Sungyeol and Woohyun’s apartment. The guys were sitting on the bean bag while Sungjin was lying down on the sofa and strummed the guitar randomly. All of them were searching for inspiration. But their mind stopped working when someone yelled.

“I’M BORED!”

Hearing it, Sungjin lazily looked at him and gave him a questioning look. “Then think about what song we could write.”

Woohyun then threw a glance at her. “I’M BORED!” he repeated with more power.

“Will you please start to think?” she replied him casually, but her irritation was visible in her tone.

“Will you please mind your own business?” he retorted back, sensing her sensitive tone.

“How can I mind my own business when you are the one who disturbed it?” she fired back as she put the music sheets she was holding to the floor.

“Can’t you understand that I’m –,”

“WILL YOU TWO GUYS SHUT UP, PLEASE?” Sungyeol frustrated without looking at them and focused on the music sheets in his hands.

Woohyun and Sungjin shut their mouth but they still kept throwing each other deadly gaze.

Sungyeol knew them and he sighed as he rolled his eyes. He put down his music sheets and closed his eyes.

“Woohyun, Sungjin, please stood up,” he said lazily,

Both of them looked at each other with doubts and looked at Sungyeol. Before Woohyun asked further, Sungyeol beat him.

“Just do what I say,” he said and he heard groans from them. Eventually they stood up beside each other. “Woohyun, go to the right side of the couch. Sungjin, on the right side,” he ordered and they awkwardly stepped to each position. “Now, turn your body around and stare the wall. No questions asked,” he said sternly.

“B-but,” Woohyun managed to slip.

“I SAID, ‘NO QUESTIONS ASKED’!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter