A Mirage ?

Runaways

 

 

 

  • ing bastard ,

Seunghoon takes out his bank book and checks the numbers again. He is so done with his s . He still didn’t transferred his pay like he promised   . His boss shamelessly used his fashion ideas under his name but didn’t gave him his credit therefore didn’t paid for it . Seunghoon had been pent up at all that unfair treatment and his nasty attitude . His 2 years of hard work didn’t get him anywhere near success in that company. Just more work , more stress and less money . That nasty old fart maybe thinking he used him good and now nothing left to from him but he didn’t knew who he was dealing with .

 Seunghoon chuckles under his breath. It will be hilarious if only he could witness his boss’s face when he find out he lost his biggest client to him . It sounds so tempting  but not enough to score  himself a free enemy . It is better to let him in the dark .

Whatever,  that money doesn’t matter , he will going to make it on his own now . He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a white little box . He lights the cigarette and deeply inhales from it . It is more comfortable to smoke when he is alone . Collecting his thoughts and making decisions without interrupt.

He takes out a cigarette from his lips and pinches between his fingers , he takes a good look at it before dropping it on the floor and steps on it .

  • I should stop this too,

He never was into it . He took this habit from his old co workers . It was good distraction from unhappy thoughts and stress of work in hard days. But such little things can become daily habit without your knowing. He finds himself letting out grey clouds too often nowadays  . People say it is hard to quit smoking, but he thinks it is just excuses .There was nothing he can’t throw away or leave behind . Or was there ?.

Seunghoon wasn’t keeper of unnecessary things and thoughts .

Maybe he saved that sketch because it was his favorite work. He didn’t find the will to throw it away even though there wasn’t any space left to draw. So he rip off one special page and saved it into his best of best collection . And his collection didn’t had any portrait drawing other than that .

Sketch was black and white ,  neat and light drawing of a boy with closed eyes and messy bangs, whose arms extended like he is about to fly . There wasn’t any expression to describe on his face , almost expressionless . Very monotone , but many finds it colorful with full of unsaid dreams and emotions .

 

 

Maybe there was a reason behind convincing himself to go back to Korea is better option for his business and future career,  leaving Asian leading fashion city Tokyo.

 And maybe same reason made him excited as soon as he puts his foots on his home country . The thought that to might meet with someone just by coincidence in any day , anywhere made him excited . That someone not really important but managed to be cherished in the very last page of his sketch book after all this years .

 It was foolish even for himself . He said to himself that he don’t even remember his face that clearly . Mellow memories but all so indistinct, dim and hazy .  Only closure is his drawing of him . It is been 5 long years he is probably changed from the boy he knew .

He could just pass by him without him knowing, even now . Thinking about that , seunghoon looks everybody near him closely while walking  .

 

He had to agree that coming back was a good idea .He finds Korean fashion industry  more fun and neat compared to Japanese craziness . Also his specialty street style is taking a power over there and just the trend  . Seems like his style suits more in South Korean taste and he is hungry to create more than ever .

He often go out around itaewon and hongdae, near collage and universities where is young blood boiling . He likes to observe people , taking pictures if he finds something pretty and sketches the ideas he just got while scrolling down the streets .

It was his relaxing time but also his active working hours . He can walk for hours like that , getting inspiration and motivation .

The weather is clean and fresh . Aromatic scent of freshly bloomed flowers hitting his nose, seunghoon walks down on the road happily . Taking out his camera from his backpack, capturing the moments after rain .

Rainbow appearing in the sky , his camera keeps shattering,  loving the haze damp air is giving . People chatting here and there , smile evident on their faces . Kind of a peaceful moments you see from movies .

His camera captures the laughing girls who looks like on their own little world  , lovers in romance , friends in tight circle , random workers on their lunch time . Until something flashes between sea of people in his camera lens . He angles it back and zooms in it . His breath hitches . All of the noises and people surrounding him vanished into nothing,  only leaving him with his target . Seunghoon couldn’t believe his own eyes .

It is him, the ‘26’ , a boy on the rooftop,  Kim Jinwoo from his high school , the owner of his sketch that everyone asked about who he was . Even before he could recover , his foots already moves on their own . Running and rushing , bumping into people’s shoulders without feeling anything.

Nothing is registering on his brain , other than his want to see him more clearly and to make sure it is really him  . But his bubble of magic popped when he lost the sight of the man . Everything is returning to their places , people’s presence and their laugh and talks, and a whole world . Hearing and seeing everything good again but feeling completely lost . He frantically runs in circular motion where he last saw him, looking for that one familiar face . But he couldn’t find him , even after whole an hour searching and waiting .   

Was he hallucinated about him ? Was he missaw him ? What just happened ? Why his heart was on fire ? Why he feels like he lost something so important ? How to find him again ? When ? Where ?

 

 

A/N

Hi .