Waiting

New Beginnings

Camila sits at her desk at school, she has just a few minutes to prepare for her next class. It's Friday and the day keeps dragging. She grabs her phone and looks at her contacts, Lee Minwoo, the number is staring back at her.

She hasn't called him and she didn't give him her number. He also didn't ask. "He did say I owed him lunch" she says as aloud. She calls him but hangs up after the second ring, she changes her mind. It is too forward of her to invite him when they have only talked twice.The bell rings for the next class, she grabs her books and puts the phone in her pocket making sure to put on silent.

Through out the class she keeps thinking about him. Part of her regrets not being able to just contact him. She sighs, he is the first person to make her feel comfortable and not out-of-place. Camila looks up from her notebook to see her co-teacher looking at her. Camila gives her a small bow and takes over for the next activity. The rest of the day goes by as quickly, with class after class Camila doesn't have time to worry about anything else but work. 

She grabs her things and says good-bye to her coworkers. They had invited her out to dinner but she politely declines, she knows this might be seen as rude but they seemed to understand. She just wants to spend a quiet evening at her favorite coffee shop. 

She arrives at Summer Moon and after getting her drink she heads up stairs to the terrace. She finds a table and sits, even though she is in the city its quiet and peaceful. She takes out her book and settles into the chair taking a sip of her coffee every now and then. She is so deep into her book she doesn't notice someone approaching until the person sits in front of her and sets their drink down on the table. 

She looks up and sees Minwoo. “ Are you stalking me?” a teasing tone in his voice.

 “what?!” her cheeks turn bright red as she shakes her head “no…I…” 

“I was just kidding” he laughs and takes a sip of his drink “ We keep bumping into each other… ah! You still owe me lunch” He says as he slightly leans in. 

“ Yeah…whenever you want ill buy you something” looks at him quickly before looking down at her book again. He sees her phone on the table and grabs it, she looks up at him surprised and reaches to grab it. 

Minwoo laughs “ I am not going to do anything strange… or what do you have on your phone you don’t want me to see?” 

“umm…nothing…” she looks down at her book glancing at him from the top of the book.

He looks at her contacts and find himself under Lee Minwoo and with a giggle he changes it to Minwoo Oppa. He calls himself to save her number and notices that she is the one that had called earlier. “ Why did you call me today?”

She looks up “I remember you said I owed you lunch” 

“ so you were going to ask me out?” he teases her

“What?! not like on a date… just… lunch” her face turns red

“ why did you hang up then, you din’t give me a chance to answer…I have been waiting for your call” hands her back her phone “now I wont have to wait” 

“ I just din’t think it was appropriate” sets her book down and grabs her drink, for some reason he makes her nervous. 

He looks at her and can sense he makes her nervous. Takes a sip and looks away, he finds it interesting that he has that effect on her. “ So since its past lunch how about you buy me dinner. If you are not busy tonight” he looks back at her. 

“Sure…Im not busy” she trips over her words. She looks at him unable to look him in the eyes. 

“perfect” He shakes his cup “ we can leave in a bit. I know the perfect place” his eyes scan her face. Her oval shape face, tan skin, her wavy hair up in a braid, her quiet and sweet nature intrigue him. She looks young but the way she carries herself she seems mature. 

She catches him looking at her and their eyes meet. They smile softly at each other. At the same time both of their hearts skip a beat confusing them both, it's a feeling they had not felt in a long time. 

She takes a sip “ all done, we can go if you want” 

He is still looking at her and nods “ok, let's go” he says softly 

They grabs their things and head out. The terrace empty now, the only witness of the moment that awoke something in Camila and Minwoo.