Final

Coruscant

“Was getting drunk always this exhausting?”

You faceplant on your bed as soon as your near enough, and your body bounces comically on the mattress to further accentuate how done you are. “Or am I just getting old?”

Kim Jongdae leans against the doorframe, shaking his head and looking at you with the same grin that made you fall embarrassingly hard for him so long ago. He’s not even half as drunk as you are, first because he was driving and because you’re the cutest when you’re drunk and it’s distracting.

You always did have a way with making his brain and his heart all kinds of mushy. 

“C’mon, birthday girl, we should go to sleep,” he approaches you and grabs your shoulder, squeezing ‘till you turn on your back by your own volition.

“But I’m soo tired,” your eyes aren’t even open, and as much as Jongdae does love the sparkly blend of dark and light pinks in your eyes, it’s almost 2AM. And you both have to be at work hellishly early tomorrow. “I’m too tired to sleep.”

“You wanna get out of those clothes, then?”

You giggle, eyes still closed because they’re too heavy to open, and your heart already feels like it’s about to beat out your chest.

Jongdae makes you such a doof.

“Do you wanna get me outta these clothes?”

You don’t see it but hear him hum, and you just know what his face looks like. Lips upturned at the corners and an eyebrow raised because, well… now you’re just giving him ideas.

But it’s really, really late.

There’s no indication that you’ll actually move, though, so he goes off to your shared drawer chest and pulls out that one gigantic sweater you stole from him some time ago and turns around to face you.

“Heads up!”

Even half-conscious you still catch it, though his throw was more tame than usual. He watches you curiously as you get yourself out of your dress and into the shoes without opening your eyes or sitting up and he wonders if he’s the same way when he’s belligerent as he changes out of his own clothes and into some sweatpants.

He’s probably worse. After he’s sure you’re clothed, Jongdae walks away toward the bathroom to wash his face and he can see your makeup remover wipes from the corner of his eye as he rinses cleanser off and he thinks… maybe you just want a little help.

The cold of the wet wipes startles you when they land on your face, and Jongdae laughs at the way your face scrunches up in discomfort. None too gently, he presses the cloth around your face to effectively take out what little makeup you put on your face and the parade of colour in your eyes, and despite your hands reaching out to get his own away from your face, he just chuckles and straddles your hips and puts some more effort into things.

Eventually, you feel something cold roll against your body and you have to open your eyes.

To see Jongdae with two cotton pads.

He’s rubbing what you know is your usual micellar water all over your face now, and it’s less cold. Part of it is because you’re giggling like an idiot because your boyfriend is taking care of your skin for you.

Because he cares so many. Wow, you almost forgot how drunk you were, but now you feel all the rum you’ve had tonight with extra intensity and everything is so cold but you feel so fuzzy inside.

And then your face is drying up a little and Jongdae is literally patting moisturiser onto your skin.

You can’t help laughing. “Stop it, I can do it myself.”

“I want to do it for you,” his touch lightens, softens, you don’t think he has to be this close to your face to get the moisturiser everywhere it’s supposed to be but you’re not about to complain.

There’s something wonderful about the way he invades your space so entirely, and all you can smell is what he had to drink mixed with his cologne and for some reason you’ll probably never be able to explain, it’s enchanting.

“You’re so cute,” you squeal, moving to press the palms of your hands against his cheeks, “I’m so sleepy.”

His smile warms and it kills you a little bit, so much that you’re almost relieved when he bends down to kiss you full on the lips and your head is spinning a little bit but you’re sure it has nothing to do with the alcohol in your system. It definitely has everything to do with the fact that you are dating sunshine incarnate.

“Can we cuddle now?”

Jongdae doesn’t say anything, he just moves with you ‘till your both under the covers, the cotton of his sweats is incredibly warm and fuzzy against your bare legs and it makes you so aware of him right now, so aware of the way his arm wraps around the small of your waist and how his nose brushes against the nape of your neck as he breathes in your skin.

It sure would be nice if your life had a pause button, because now would be the perfect time to press it.

Especially because you’re going to be hungover as tomorrow. 

“Happy birthday, love. Good night.”

Worth it.