The Theft

Cross Gene Crack Fic Compilation

Shin sighed, wondering for possibly the millionth time just how exactly his overly enthusiastic companion had talked him into this line of work. Currently Shin was nursing an impending headache with a cup of coffee while Sangmin rather loudly detailed out his current plot, wearing his ridiculous Robin Hood-esque hat that usually meant he was all business, or as much so as it was possible for Sangmin to be. A heavy sigh beside him signified that he wasn't the only member of their crew questioning his life choices. 

"Okay, Yongseok." Sangmin crossed his arms over his chest and leveled the least threatening glare Shin had ever seen at their young friend. "What's your plan for breaking into his house then?"

"I just don't understand why we have to." Yongseok shrugged,  caving to their friend's wrath. "I get that whole 'steal from the rich and give to the poor' thing we have going but he's literally Korea's top idol. He's going to have security. Why is this so important to you?"

"Gather around, Gentledicks. For I have a story to tell." Sangmin dramatically put a hand on his chest, staring into the distance as though he was remembering all the horrors of the world. "Once upon a time, there was a young boy, not but eight years old. He was always a joyous and kind boy whom would do whatever he could to help other children. One day, while his class had free time and he was coloring a beautiful picture of a field of flowers with an artfully drawn sun, another boy came and took his blue crayon before he was finished with it. The kind boy smiled and told the other to please bring the crayon back when he was done. That rude boy looked him in the eyes and told him "you're not my mom" and before the kind boy could agree that he, indeed, had not mothered the other child,  that child broke his crayon. That boy grew up to be Korea's most famous idol and I was left to mourn my crayon and forever unfinished work of art."

"We're doing this over a crayon?"  Yongseok sounded as exasperated as Shin currently felt. 

"It was blue." Sangmin nodded solemnly, continuing his dramatized stance.

"You... You could have borrowed someone else's crayon..." Shin murmured, rolling his eyes at his eccentric friend.

"Never mind that!" Sangmin whirled over to the coffee table to pick up his laptop. "In an interview he did last week, he said he apparently keeps all his most valuable items in a safe in his house. We break in, steal his cash, and buy a ton of art supplies for school children. Are you with me or do you hate kids?"

"How are those even our options?" Shin sighed, knowing incredibly well that there was no arguing with Sangmin's logic.  "Fine. I'm in."

"Yongseok?" Shin could already see Sangmin's excitement brewing just under the surface.

"Jesus. Okay." Yongseok groaned, shaking his head. "Only because you s wouldn't last a day in prison without me." So it was settled. They were breaking into an idol's house. Shin just hoped it would be worth it.

Well after nightfall, Shin found himself in the office of Korea's rapping idol prince, Casper. A part of him was admittedly star struck at the fact that he was breathing the same air as the nation's most loved celebrity, but mostly he just hoped they could get out of the place before they were caught. He was too beautiful for such a horrible place as prison and if he ended up behind bars there was a 100% chance he was selling Sangmin's booty hole for his own safety.

"Hurry up in there." Yongseok's voice hissed in his ear through his Bluetooth headset. "I hear someone snoring in the guest room. I'm freaking out."

"It's fine~" Sangmin purred as he rifled through some papers on the sleek black metal desk in the center of the room. "If they're snoring then they're out cold. No worries."

"You're optimism is concerning." Shin sighed, listening carefully to every click and tumble of the safe's lock. "Can you make yourself useful? You have Yongseok keeping watch and I'm doing your dirty work. What are you even doing?"

"Revenge. " Sangmin smiled cheerily as he mixed up documents on the desk, knocking over the pencil holder.  He then proceeded to artfully hide the contents of the holder around the room like strange Easter eggs. 

"He's causing chaos again, isn't he?" Yongseok growled over the speaker, his voice easily portraying how fed up he was.

"Oh my God, Wonho..." Sangmin's voice was urgent enough to take Shin's attention off his task at hand. "This would look so cute on you~" Glancing over, Shin saw a pair of fake handcuffs dangling from his friend's fingertips, recognizing them as a prop from one of Casper's music videos.

"Sangmin... I'm trying to crack a safe..." Rolling his eyes, he held back the urge to pimp slap the giggling Sangmin and went back to work. "Just stand there silently until I finish."

"Sangmin, stop ing around. I want out of here." Yongseok barked from his position in the hall, his voice harsh over the speaker. The sound of a door opening followed by a quiet "" uttered by their friend sent an alarm through Shin. 

"! Something's wrong!" It was all he could do to maintain a semi quiet tone as panic overwhelming him.

"Zombies!" Sangmin shouted, ducking behind the desk. "Hide!" Groaning, Shin followed him.  He wasn't sure what had captured their friend but he was pretty sure zombies were low on the list.

It wasn't long before the office door slammed open with a bang that shook Shin to his very core. Footsteps thumped into the room and he felt himself tensing, turning to hide his face against Sangmin's chest. Protective arms went around him but it didn't stop a hand from grasping his wrist and pulling him to his feet. Eyes shut tight in fear, Shin couldn't help but allow his imagination to get the best of him, picturing a dark creature with clawed hands and red eyes and fangs, more shadow than man.

"Hey! Let him go!" Sangmin shouted, a grunt of pain causing Shin to open his eyes. His friend had a fist clenched and the man holding his wrist was glaring, rubbing a red mark on his surprisingly perfect jaw.

"Did you just actually hit me?" His voice was like a mix of light and angels and all things Shin found irresistible. "You broke into my boss's house, you limp ."

"Limp ?" Sangmin raised an eyebrow before bursting into ear drum shatteringly loud laughter,  all semblance of stealth, and even protection, forgotten at those two strangely combined words. Sighing, Shin rolled his eyes, figuring that at the rate with which he did so, he would end up straining an eyeball.

"So as much as I enjoy the rather filthy thoughts your hand on my wrist is giving me..." Shin huffed, giving Sangmin a look that could kill a million men. "Could you hurry up and take us to prison?  I'm about to be really good at making shanks... Wait. Where's Yongseok?"

"Turns out, he actually has an active fling with my boss's best friend." Takuya almost seemed to blush as he eased Shin's fears. 

"No ? I didn't even know Seyoung was friends with him." Sangmin seemed amused by the new fact and Shin found himself wondering just how much his friend knew about the idol.

"What the ? Sangmin?" The new voice in the room caused the trio to jump. Turning, Shin found himself gazing at Casper in the flesh. Somehow he wasn't even half as dazzling as his butler was....

"Xiao-xiang." Sangmin smirked, arms crossed over his chest in pride. "I've come for revenge. Eat wax!" He pulled the remnants of what Shin could only imagine was the crayon that had started it all and threw it at the idol. 

"Oh for 's sake." Casper shook his head, stomping over to unlock a drawer in the desk,  revealing a large quantity of blue crayons. "Here, you ing psycho. I've been collecting them for you because I felt bad. Now I'm going to shove them up your stupid ."

"Oo~ Do you promise?" Sangmin's response took everyone by surprise, Casper's cheeks almost glowing with the red hue creeping over him.

"Are you coming on to me?" Casper questioned, his voice unusually shaken.

"Sounds pretty messy but we can see where the night leads us." Sangmin's over exaggerated flirty wink had Shin gagging and Casper sputtering syllables that barely even alluded to words. 

"Let's leave these two alone,  shall we?" A tingle radiated through him as the Butler whispered in his ear.  Realizing the hand was still firmly around his wrist, Shin found himself being led into the hallway.

"That was awkward." The man chuckled, his hand sliding down to hold Shin's. "I'm Takuya. And you are, cutie?"

"No. I'm actually Wonho." He blurted out, realizing too late that he had actually been complimented. "Oh... Oh God..."

"Wonho is a good name too." Takuya grinned, leaning in to kiss Shin's cheek, whispering in his ear. "But I still think you're cute." Shin could feel his heart melt and his knees turn to jelly at the breath tickling his earlobe.  By the sounds coming from the room they had just left, he had a feeling they'd be spending a lot of time together and he couldn't say he minded. Finally, one of Sangmin's quests for justice had brought him the best spoils of all.