One Fine Makeup

The Makeup Incident

   Roy's eyes keep slipping closed without him noticing. He's been sitting in the makeup chair for barely ten minutes, but the soft brushes caressing his skin and the confortable cushions are making it quite a task to stay awake. He decides then that a little catnap is only expected.

   "Roy is asleep." The makeup stylist says aloud. She is honestly surprised he lasted that long with the way his head kept dropping for the last five minutes. She stares at the young idol fondly for a second, a mothering instinct deciding for her that she will let him sleep. It will be easier after all to finish his makeup without his constant squirming. "Can somebody hold his head for me?" She speaks loudly again, this time turning around to select a volunteer.

   Nobody does volunteer, as for them all it seems incredibly uncomfortable to spend half an hour squatting and holding up a kid's head. The makeup lady glares at all the uncooperative staff at the room, and when she stares slightly longer at the manager, he decides it's time he selects someone before he gets intimated to do it himself. "Karry, Jackson, why don't the two of you go help her? Maybe she can even teach you how to put on makeup." The two teenagers that had been obliviously playing on their phones until now lift their heads. "What did you say?" Karry asks "Go help her." The manager says, pushing the duo in the makeup chair direction.

   The lady smiles at them "Well, I actually only needed one person to hold his head but since you two are here, i guess you can help me with the makeup too!" Karry tilts Roy's chin up with one hand and bolsters the back of his head with the other, as he decides Jackson is way more versed in dealing with delicate brushes. The stylist resumes her work immediately, meanwhile explaining all she does to Jackson. Karry's task is extremely uneventful, and he soon finds himself paying attention to her as well.

   Step after step is explained and demonstrated, until Roy's face looks perfect like a porcelain doll. "Thank you two, very much. I-" the stylist starts thanking them, but is interrupted by her own phone ringing. She answers it, muttering 'one second' for the person on the line "I'll just answer it outside and be right back" she says while leaving the room, closing the door after her.

   Karry and Jackson stare at the closed door, then at the sleeping or engrossed in their phones staff, and lastly at sleeping Roy besides the unattended makeup box. Karry gives a mischievous grin, and Jackson answers with one of his own. "Roy looks good, but i do believe he seems quite pale, my pal." Jackson starts. "Quite! Why, we should attend to that without fail, my fellow." Karry completes smirking, rummaging through the little boxes and bringing up a pink pallete.

   "Which color do you think suits him?" The younger asks, and the leader answers without missing a beat "I think they all do!" They snicker, and Jackson grabs the biggest brush he can find. "Roy has such a versatile skin color, I don't think i can choose the best one either. Let's just use them all then." The shorter applies a peach blush on one cheek while the other uses bright pink. "What do you think?" Jackson says, holding his chin pensively. "Maybe we should make it stronger. And rounder." Karry replies, and soon Roy looks like a multicolored pikachu. Then they decide that his lashes seem too short, and dump all the mascara on top of them.

   "Now he looks too cute, not manly at all." The youngest grabs a black pencil after hearing the older "A mustache will fix that right up!" Jackson starts drawing his masterpiece, and Karry sets himself to find the darkest red lipstick in the box.

   After a while, the manager realizes the boys are too quiet. They had not returned, even after the makeup stylist had left. He looks at the other side of the room to see the two trying to keep quiet by muffling their laughs. That can't be good. "What are you two doing?" He asks, making his way towards them. They jump, startled, and stare at their manager with a 'caught with their hands in the cookie jar' expression. They decide running away is the best option.

   The manager starts wondering what they were doing, when he sees Roy. "BOYS!" He screams, and runs after them "YOUR STAGE IS IN FIVE MINUTES, HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO ROY!" Roy is, obviously, woken up by all the commotion of people running and screaming in the room. He tries to open his eyes, only to realize they are glued closed. "What?" He uses all the muscles on his eyelids and is able to unstick them, but when he sees his reflection in the mirror, he thinks maybe his eyes were stuck closed for a reason.

   To put it simply, he has become a mustached-panda-pikachu. Apparently, someone dropped black ink all over his eyes, put two pink circles on his cheeks, a curly mustache on his upper lip and... Is this a kiss mark on his face?! He stares horrified at the trace red lips left on his cheek. Who hired this makeup stylist?!

   Suddenly, all of the staff is on him, rushing to take off the offending makeup and give him his face back. Somebody goes find the stylist to re-do his stage makeup, and Roy is about to tell them it is not a good idea when his manager approaches him, dragging Karry and Jackson by their collars.

   "Apologise to him." He says sternly, and the two mumble sorrys, while not looking sorry at all. Actually, they look like they are trying to contain their laughter. Roy realizes that they were the ones who did his 'makeup' and is about to scream at them, when se sees Karry is wearing red lipstick. Roy's eyes widen, and the older, noticing, gives him a charming smile. Suddenly, the youger doesn't mind his eccentric face painting anymore. The manager doesn't really understand what is going on when Roy looks away blushing and Karry grins to himself, but this boys will get an earful when they finish this show.