one .

Stages of Love

Encounter

I wish I brought my earphones with me.

She thought for a moment as she stares outside the window, trying to distract herself from staring at people. She has this habit of staring at people, observing their behaviour and write about it in a story when she gets home. She does it every single time, but none of it ever made it on her piece of work. She never tried to publish her work anywhere because she's afraid of people's perception on her writing. 

Why am I doing this again? Talking to myself in my own mind. I must be feeling pretty lonely. I should-

Her train of thoughts got interrupted the moment someone entered the train. She leans closely against the small space near the train door. Whilst the man standing before her holds on to the rail to support himself from falling.  She tries to distract herself by taking out her smartphone and fiddles with it. Opening few apps and website while trying to ignore the presence that sparks the fire of curiosity in her heart since a while ago. She feels like dying inside just to see his face clearly. Slowly, she raises her head from her phones to sneak a glance at the man standing before her hoping that he will never notice it. However, much to her dismay, her eyes meets the eyes of the man standing before her. Her eyes glistens with curiosity, but it only took her few seconds before she turns away from looking at him. 

Please don't do this, dear heart. Why are you too curious, Yoona-ah?

Feeling that her cheeks is getting hotter, she moves away from that small space to the door, trying to run away from staring at the man. The man notices that she moves, but he pay not much of an attention to her as he moves to lean against the place where she was standing earlier. Standing with her right shoulder facing him with few inches away, she can feel herself getting more and more nervous. It feels so near yet so far away from him. She tries not to look at him, but she failed. She sneak a glance at him a few times, hoping that he would never notice it. She realises that he might already have someone who interests him since his eyes were fixated on his phone. Trying to convincee herself that this man surely would have somoene in his heart, she turns to face the front, staring at the scenery outside of the train. She takes in and out her smartphone, multitasking between staring at the view outside the window and fiddling with her phone to distract herself from the gorgeous man by her right side. 

Gorgeous? What was I thinking?

As she is busy blaming herself for thinking that way, the seat near the two of them is no longer occupied by anyone. Since the man is nearer to the seat, she looks up from her phone, looking at the man, hoping that he would take that unoccupied seat rather than torturing her curiosity by standing facing her right side. The man also stares at her at the same time before looking back at his phone again. 

Why didn't he sit down? Ugh... 

She curses to herself for not offering him the seat. As she is busy thinking of the way to start her conversation, the train reaches to her destination. Feeling a little relieved, she steps outside while telling herself not to look back at the man who is still looking at his phone. Curiosity kills the cat or so-the proverb somehow suits her when she turns around to look at him again only to find him not looking at her or anything. Feeling silly with her own thoughts, Yoona takes out her phone again to send a text to her best friend, Sooyoung.

"I just had the most random situation ever."

"It's too funny for me to forget actually. I don't know why I was that curious of that guy. However, I kind of regret not saying anything to him. Oh well, I'm just not that brave enough. Sorry if it's a little too short than the usual one I wrote for Our Deer, Yoona. I am actually procrastinating right now. I had real writing to do for my research paper, but I was unable to keep this inside of me any longer. I'll try to write more often on all stories I've published here. Thanks for always being patience with me.

P.S: All the photos used in my stories belongs to  person who owns it. I do not own any pictures or the characters. Credits are given to the owners. Thank you. And, I'll edit anything later.