Chapter 3

I Will Do Anything For You

The window curtains were able to keep out must of the sunlight in the morning, only a small line of light was the one who managed to overcome the great curtains barrier, and that elusive light was just right in the face of Bomi, making that for more that she would like to still be sleeping, she couldn't avoid awakening.

Slowly she began to open her eyes, but quickly put her hand over them to prevent the morning sunlight, she was worse than bad, everything that had happened made her doesn't want to move even a millimeter of her bed, if she could get into a state of hibernation as how animals can, she would like to stay like that for the eternity, she wouldn't think for a second to choose that, but she couldn't, such action didn't exist in humans, and resigned sat at the edge of her bed.

Looking around as if she wasn't sure of where she was, even when she was in her own bedroom, she began to remember vividly what happened the last two days, the scenes were repeated again and again in her head, but for more than they were repeated and for more that she remembered every second of those moments, it was as if her own mind and heart blocked the reality, it was just a nightmare, that never happened, or at least that was what she wanted to believe.

She would have continued to deny the reality for more time, but she couldn't do it, at the side of her bed was a small table, and there was the piece of paper that contained the truth…

"Young woman die murdered victim of an attempted robbery"

It was what said at the top with big and bold letters, it wasn't necessary to read the rest, everything was clear, the nightmare was real, Chorong was murdered and she couldn't do anything to stop it.

Taking air to keep back the tears to came out, she stood up of bed and went to change clothes, the least thing she wanted was to remember what happened and being still wearing the clothes she had worn to say the last goodbye was painful.

The apartment was in complete silence, the only sound that could be heard were the birds singing blissfully ignorant of the great sadness that Bomi has, likewise, the ticking of the clock that didn't make the things easier, through Bomi know that time doesn't stop, for her the time moved painfully slow now, every day it was Chorong who could make her smile, but now, without her, what could make her smile?

Not wanting to eat, go out or even open the windows to feel the air, her morning were on while watching a photo album containing special moments that she spent with Chorong, picnics, her own graduation, the day of their engagement…

Looking to fill her heart with the most beautiful memories that had passed with Chorong, she took her phone and searched for the last photos that were taken together, just some minutes before they took different ways, minutes before everything changed.

Entering her password, she looked for the photo folder and began to watch them one by one, they were all of Chorong, whether being with her or alone, but in all Chorong appeared, pressing the next option slowly, she watched each one with wet eyes, admiring every detail of them, but she get to the last one, and there wasn't a sign of the photos she taken that day, the last photo that was there was from more than a month before that day… it seems that fate was determined to make her suffer, not only had taken Chorong from her, but also her last memories with her.

With a bitter smile she turned off the phone screen, ignoring the thousands of messages that weren't read, as the same with the missed calls, which had no desire to see from who they were, after all she could imagine that those were of friends or family looking to give her words of support and encouragement, but that only would make her feel worse than how she already felt at the moment, talk to someone about it wasn't something she wanted to do, at least not yet.

Without even wanting to stand up to a world without Chorong, Bomi ignored any source of technology that could give her information of what was happening in the outside world and for her it would be perfect stay like that for the next few days, at least, until she was ready to face the new reality without the love of her life, but the world was against her wishes, or at least the person who hit the door so insistently, which was hitting so hard the door that it seems was going to fall at any moment for so much violent knocking.

Annoyed by the noise caused for so much knocking, she walked to the door with strong steps accompanied with an expression on her face that reflected her annoyance, when she was in front of the door she opened with an abruptly and violent movement.

"What the hell do you want?!" Shouted with such force and anger that could shake with fear even the bravest man in the world

But at the time she saw the reason of her annoyance, she felt as if her heart stopped beating, she forgot even to breath, wide open and her eyes showing how surprised she was by what she saw.

In front of her was nothing more and nothing less than Chorong, the love of her life, with an expression on her face showing surprise and fear, but what was this? A cruel dream? A game of fate to show how unfortunate she was?

“Bom-ah, use pretty words” Chorong said as if scolding Bomi

It was all an illusion, it couldn't be real, she had seen her dead, her lifeless body, her pale skin, the coffin slowly lowering where she would rest eternally, at the same time she saw it was covered with soil.

Still surprised by the person that stood in front of her, in front of the door of her apartment, she reached her hand slowly to try to touch Chorong's face, waiting to get through her, just like it had happened in her nightmares, she gulped before her hand managed to reach it, closing her eyes tight to avoid letting out her tears again, she could feel the contact with the cheek of Chorong, the heat she felt at the contact made her open her eyes in surprise, she couldn't believe anything of the things that was happening.