The Culprit

That Kang

Seulgi smiled happily at the sight of her new phone. No matter what, she's grateful whenever her fans give her stuff because it saves her money. But then, she's been gifted many phones for the past months, creating a collection stored under her bed.

For every device, she made sure to register a number. That way, she can switch her number once a sasaeng fan discovers one of them. 

After a day's hard work of schedules,  she slumped on her bed, looking at a new favourite. It's an custom made IPhone 7 with special lens and security features. Seulgi was excited to receive this in particular, and wanted to use it as soon as possible. 

But there was something odd about the phone. The wallpaper is a photo of Irene, and she can't find a way to change it. It seems as if the settings were modified before given to her too.

So Seulgi decided she should introduce her other new number to the leader of the group first, who was the first person to pop into her mind. 

Laying on her bed, she started typing a new message to the number she has memorized by heart. 

 

 

 

is typing.... 

Seulgi: Hey. 

 

 

Seen at 12:17 pm

 

 

??? Is typing.... 

 

 

???: Hello who is this? 

 

 

Seulgi: Kang 

 

 

Irene: Seulgi? Don't tell you you've gotten another new number... 

 

 

The lead vocalist of Red Velvet grinned mischievously, having another idea in mind. She typed in a message but pondered another few seconds, then end up wasting time trying to troll her unnie with the best way ever. 

 

 

Kang: Hi. Do you take selfies? 

 

 

Seulgi laughed as she looked at the screen. For sure the older girl will freak out after receiving such a message. 

 

"Oh wait, wait. What the !"

 

"Oh My God, what did I just ask!"

 

She cringed to herself. 

 

 

Seen at 12:42 pm 

 

 

Irene: I'm blocking you now. 

 

 

She almost dropped off her bed when she read the message. The grip on the device tightened, and suddenly she was determined to prevent the impossible. Because as an idol,  she must reject all unknown or suspicious numbers that might track her activity. 

 

Though with Irene unnie being a competitive person, she finds it plausible to maintain the conversation.

 

Kang: If you do that, you lose. 

 

 

Irene: -_-

 

 

Irene: Bye 

 

Kang: Hey wait no! I'm not trying to harm you. I don't even know who you are.

 

 

Irene: You don't?

 

 

Kang: I just randomly typed in a number. I was bored. 

 

 

Irene: So you thought of getting nudes? Who the heck says selfies. 

 

 

Kang: ....Me. The bear that lives in a tree

 

 

What the hell was she thinking.

 

 

Irene: Are you Winnie the Pooh? Seriously. 

 

 

Kang: I'm a tiger. 

 

 

Irene: Stupid. 

 

 

Irene: You're a guy right? 

 

 

Seulgi sat upright on her bed. She thought twice. To play it safe she'll lie. 

 

 

Kang: Of course. That's why I asked for nudes. 

 

Irene: Alright. wait for a minute, I'll send you one. 
 

 

Irene: Here. 

 

Seulgi gasped as another message came. Maybe she typed in the wrong number. This isn't Bae Joohyun at all! 


Seulgi gulped as she stared at the image file loading. The longer she waited, the more excited she felt. 


Until a minute has passed, and she's wondering if her connection's dead. 


Kang: Erm. I can't see anything. 

 

Irene: I took it in the dark. Is that wrong? 


Of course it is! 

 


Kang: ....


 

Irene: You know what? I'll see if you're worth the real deal for the next following weeks. You might get lucky. 

 

 

Her eyes bulged forward at the reply. 

 

 

Kang: ARE YOU SERIOUS? 

 

 

Irene: Idk ;)

 

 

Kang: Waaaaaaat  

 

 

Irene: then you'll have to prove yourself worthy. 

 

 

Kang: What for? 

 

 

Irene: that's up to you. I might give you what you want

 

 

Seulgi scratched her head confusingly,  dumbfounded as to how the older girl was so willing to talk to a stranger. 

What Seulgi didn't know was that someone was hiding behind her door frame, spying through the cracks. The older girl was actually laughing manically while watching Seulgi jumped about with her replies. 

 
Kang: YAY

 

 

Irene: excited much? 

 

 

Kang: I guess.... 

 

 


Irene: Well then,  I got to go. Text me the next time you're free. 

 

 

Seulgi: OK :( bye. 

 

 

Seulgi slumped on her bed, looking at the time. She remembered that her unnie had a schedule for a reality show until midnight.

For the rest of the day, she found it hard to keep her new phone away from her side, scared that someone might peek into its contents. 

 

"What am I doing...."