Final.

never lose your positivity (we've been through this before)

Hoseok leaned back against the couch, small pillow on his lap, mind preoccupied with problems. He paid no attention to the television show and he could not care less when Yoongi slipped his arm through his and leaned his head on his shoulder. An audible sigh escaped from his lips after that. The warmth radiated from Yoongi's body was cozy and Hoseok needed it right now.  

     Yoongi heard Hoseok sighing. “What's wrong?” he asked in a low mutter. Yoongi knew Hoseok very well to even look at the latter's troubled expression. Just hearing his sigh was all it took to acknowledge the truth. 

     Hoseok urged a lopsided smile on his face. “Nothing.”

     “Lie,” Yoongi retorted. “You are lying.”

     With the weak smile still plastered upon his features, Hoseok merely heaved a breath. His slender fingers found Yoongi's and before long, it intertwined. Hoseok tilted his head to the side and leaned on top of Yoongi's head. “Just tired,” he told the other.

     Yoongi squeezed Hoseok's hand gently. The latter did not give him the answer he wanted to hear. There was still something hidden beneath those two words he uttered just now. “Tell me, Hoseok,” Yoongi said, “Is it about money?”

     Hoseok sighed. Yoongi guessed it right. It was about the money, about their shared apartment, about their future, about their life. Hoseok wondered if it was best for them to go on a separate way looking at the current situation they were in. He was desperate. He was in dire need of money. The bills and the rental fee were choking him and earlier this morning, the landlord came to him and warned him about the fee. He told him that they would be kicked out if they did not settle it before the end of this month.

     Hoseok did not tell Yoongi about it. He never told Yoongi if he was short of money. He never told Yoongi if he was in the dead end. Because Yoongi could always figure it out, sooner or later. 

     Hoseok's audible sigh told Yoongi everything that he needed to know. “I saw you with the landlord this morning,” Yoongi said, recalling the moment when he peeked through the window and watched in silence as the landlord raised his voice at Hoseok. “You think you can fool me?”

     Hoseok felt heavy. The burden on his shoulders was getting heavy. “I'm sorry,” he muttered, the word guilty written all over his head.

     “What for?” Yoongi frowned.

     “Everything.”

     Yoongi lifted up his head to shoot a look at his love. Hoseok turned as well, looking down at Yoongi. Their lips were almost touched. Diverting his eyes to Hoseok's lips, Yoongi stared at the mole. It was attractive and Yoongi jutted out his chin to kiss it. 

     Hoseok closed his eyes as Yoongi on his upper lip and shut it open when Yoongi pulled away. A small smile graced his features and they exchanged a look with each other.

     “There's nothing for you to be sorry about,” said Yoongi, breaking the silence which had swept over the two of them. “We've been through this before.”

     “But… I don't think we can make it this time.” Hoseok's eyes went heavy. “Too many things to be paid and I'm afraid I can't afford it anymore.”

     “You have me. Just say it if you need money, I can give you some.”

     “No.” Hoseok shook his head lightly. “You need to save it up.”

     “But Hoseok, you need it.”

     Hoseok heaved a breath. 

     “Why would I save up all the money if you're not going to use it? Don't worry about it, Hoseok. We can keep on living like this for a long time. I don't mind it at all. As long as we're together.”

     Hoseok furrowed his brows. Yoongi's words did make sense. But still, Hoseok felt guilty. It was Yoongi's money after all. He told the latter to save it up for their future, for their marriage. Hoseok did not want to use it all just to pay the fee and the bills.

     Yoongi scrutinized Hoseok's furrowed brows and the way his face contorted with worries. Hoseok was always like this. He seldom shared his problems with Yoongi although they shared everything together. That was the only thing Yoongi disliked about Hoseok. “I hope you won't make any stupid decision, Hoseok,” he told the boy, firmly.

     “Hyung,” Hoseok blurted, his voice sounded weak.

     “You don't think that we need to break up, do you?”

     Hoseok heaved an inward sigh. 

     Yoongi frowned and pulled his hand away from his grip. He shifted his body a tad to the side and faced the latter. Yoongi shot Hoseok a stern look. “Hoseok. No. I won't let that happen.”

     Of course, Yoongi would not. Hoseok could already fathom out his reaction if he told him that. Flinching slightly at the sudden lost contact, now his hand felt cold. 

     “You are so stupid, Hoseok,” Yoongi blurted out.

     Hoseok merely smiled at the insult he received from Yoongi. Being labelled ‘stupid’ by Yoongi was not something new to Hoseok. Instead, he was acquainted with it, with the insult, and with the grumpy Yoongi. “Yeah, I am stupid,” Hoseok said. “But that's the best decision I could think of, I guess.”

     Yoongi snorted. “That's because you're being narrow-minded. Where did all your positivity and optimism disappear to, Hoseok? This is not my Hoseok. My Hoseok is the brightest and the most positive person I have ever met in my entire life.”

     “Hyung…”

     “We've been through this before, Hoseok. We've come this far to end it all like this.”

     “Hyung, I think we've reached the limit. We've reached the dead end. If we break up, if we live separately, you don't have to suffer this.”  
   
     “Please, don't use the words ‘break up,’ Hoseok,” Yoongi said firmly. “I don't like it. And please, don't you ever think of things like that again. Have you wondered why we live together in the first place?”

     Hoseok fell silent.

     “We share the bed, the blanket, the warmth, the love, the happiness, everything. We share everything in this small place. But you never share with me your problems. You bottle it up in your chest just because you don't want me to suffer and that's it? That's your reason?”

     Slowly, Hoseok looked away. He planted his gaze on the floor. 

     Yoongi ran his hand on Hoseok's bangs, revealing his forehead. “Look at me, Hoseok,” he said and Hoseok did, timidly. “Listen. Have you forgotten that time when we fell in love with each other? Have you forgotten that time when our parents forbid our relationship and we ran away from our houses just to be together? Have you forgotten that time when I didn't do well with my music and we were short of money? Have you forgotten that time when I almost sold off my only laptop just to make sure we didn't starve to death? And have you forgotten that time when you stopped me from doing so? Because I haven't. They were all still vivid in my memory.”

     Hoseok sighed. Indeed, it was still vivid in his memory as well. Everything. Every pain and wound and scar they had had. Every laugh and kiss and smile they had shared. This forbidden relationship that bound their souls together was built against their parents' wills. And maybe just maybe, this was another form of punishment God befell upon both of them. For disobeying their parents. For leaving their houses without consent. For keeping this forbidden relationship alive. Yet, Hoseok never regretted it. 

     “I love you, Hoseok. You knew that, didn't you?”

     Hoseok blinked his eyes at Yoongi. “I love you too,” Hoseok replied in a low mutter.

     A smiled graced Yoongi's features. “I know I've said it but Hoseok, we've been through this before. And we survived. We're still here, together, side by side. And you should never forget this. I will keep reminding you until it gets stuck in your head and I will make sure you remember it every time you ever think of something stupid.”

     And with that, Yoongi rested his chin on Hoseok's shoulder. His warm breath tickled the skin of the latter's neck. 

     “I don't want to imagine living without you, Hoseok. Just the idea of it scares me. I need you in my life because you are the reason why I still could smile today. You are the reason why I could still do music though it doesn't go well. You are the reason why I still want to live. Because my only hope is you, Hoseok,” Yoongi said to his ear. He then placed a light kiss on his neck. “How could you think of that worst thing?”

     Hoseok took a deep breath and let out a sigh. Yoongi's words had him thinking deeply at the time. He needed Yoongi as well. It was simply impossible for Hoseok to live without Yoongi by his side. Because Yoongi, too, was his only hope when things went wrong and out of his control. Yoongi's shoulder was where he would rest his heavy head on when he was troubled. Yoongi's presence was all he needed to stay strong and keep on smiling.

     “I can work overtime at the convenient store. After all, Taehyung is on his leave. He won't be able to look after the store at night. I hope you don't mind it if I come home late.” Yoongi intertwined his fingers with Hoseok's and his lips were pressed against the crook of Hoseok's neck. Breathing in the boy's scent, Yoongi felt safe and happy when Hoseok was around despite the unfavourable condition they were in. He never really cared about having to starve for a few days as long as they were together. It would not last forever and Yoongi was positive about it.

     “Hyung,” Hoseok said under his breath. “Thank you.”

     Yoongi smiled upon hearing him. “Never lose your positivity, Hoseok. You need it. I need it. We need it.”

     Hoseok turned his head at Yoongi and looked down at his love, exchanging a meaningful look with each other and smiled. “I won't.”

     “Good boy,” Yoongi replied and with that, he captured Hoseok's lips, this time around letting Hoseok take over everything while he enjoyed it. It was not that hard to bring Hoseok back to the right track. He knew Hoseok was somewhat easily influenced by things around him. Words of encouragement and kisses were all it took to cheer Hoseok up. 

     Yoongi smiled through the kiss and so did Hoseok.