one

Unexpected Confession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It almost likes a habit to watch him come exactly five minute before the bakery close. At first, you didn’t even notice his presence but after two week you start to notice his pattern coming to the bakery. And he almost never miss coming to the bakery every day. At the exact time and it make you wonder about this particular boy yet you never have enough courage to bring yourself to talk to him.

And strangely enough, he can make every of your nerve tingling with weird sensation with just his mere presence.

Ding!

Small gasp escape from your mouth when wind chimes made small sound when someone pull or push the door. It five minute before ten o’clock, his usual time to drop by. His face look tired today but nonetheless he still looks good.

Your heart beat faster than usual as he makes his way to the counter. Today is the day! You have told your co-worker that you are going to at least make a small conversation with him today. At least to ask for his name after one month summoning your courage.

“I’ll have two raisin bun and one cinnamon bun.”

You nod your head as your fingers dance around the cashier register, taking his order. Even without him spell his order out; you already know what he exactly going to order since he orders the same menu everyday without fail.

“That’d be five bucks.”

You give him his change before waltzing around behind the counter to put his order into the paper bag. But today you are going to give him something extra as a treat; a cup of warm cappuccino.

His face totally change when he see you put the cup in front of him. And you held a breath, thinking if you have made a wrong move seeing the way he looks at you.

“I’m not a fan of coffee.”

You’re sure your face has turn into crimson red when he just walks out of the bakery without giving you another glance. You thought that today is going to be a day to be friend with that guy but it turn out into a pure nightmare instead and you’re confirm that you aren’t going to have courage to even speak to any male after this. Or at least that’s what you thought.

--

Its been a month since that incident happen and you are glad that it your last day at the bakery the night you give your crush a drink-in which turn out he is not a fan of coffee. At least you know something about him now.

Though it also mean that you don’t have to see him anymore since your new term has start at the new collage but strangely enough you find yourself to stare at the bakery inside your university every time you’re passing by. And like a broken record, the incident of the night will repeat again and again until you feel hot tears at the brim of your eyes. You know that you have been rejected even before you start to make your move.

“Bunny!”

You cringe at the nickname that your cousin always calls you. Because he knows that you didn’t like any pet name that is his chance to tease you every now and then.  And you feel like you want to throw a punch at his face whenever he calls you that.

“What do you want?” you hiss through your gritted teeth without giving a reaction to the nickname in order to not encourage him to continue his teasing.

Small chuckle escape from Jackson’s lips when he sees your reaction, “awh, you are no fun.” He continued to tease you.

You roll your eyes as if saying ‘whatever, jacky’ before turn around, continues walking toward the main gate. Your last class just finishes and you wish to stop by the market to do some grocery shopping before going back to your apartment.

“Bunny, its been a month since I last saw you. Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter