A Hurricane Is Coming

I'll Never Let You Go

"Oh my god, Kei. This can't be happening." I sprawled over my bed, letting out an exasperated voice. My bun was now in a mess caused by my frequent hair pulling.

"Hey, hey. Take a chill pill or something. What happened? I thought everything went well yesterday."

I buried my face in the pillow under my chest and screamed.

"Hey, it can't be that bad, can't it?" Kei's voice sounded worried.

"Wonho. He was there." I answered in an uniterested voice.

"WHAT?! He was there? How-" her voice hinted a flow of rage.

"This is why you're my best friend but hold up, that's not the worst part."

"Wonho attending your mum's engagement but what on earth-" 

"Stop rushing and listen to me. You know that guy.... Hyungwon." I was hesistant at first but it's now or never.

"The tall chic cold guy who has girls swooning over him?"

"Yeah. He is.... He's kinda...."

"TELL ME!!" Kei was clearly impatient.

"He's my mum's fiancé's son." I let out a sigh.

I could hear Kei gasped on the other end.

"HE'S GONNA BE YOUR STEPBROTHER?!!" Her voice was almost to a scream that I had to distance my ears from my phone.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm so messed up right now."

I started filling information to Kei regarding the incident that happened at the engagement ceremony yesterday.

From what I'm clear of now was, Hyungwon had saved me from Wonho. He basically told Wonho to back off and brought me to his car after telling my mum and his dad that he was going to get to know me better prior to being stepsiblings in the near future. Mum was more than happy thinking we were going to bond that she forgot about Wonho. Now that I had mentioned that, I never knew what happened to Wonho at the engagement ceremony after I left.

Wonho was actually my boyfriend before I caught him cheating with Mijoo the other day. He was smooching her in front of me and acted like nothing happened, approaching me and casually put his arm around my waist like he usually does. From that incident, we broke up with me ending the relationship. However, he had never left me alone. He said that he was dating me and played with the other girls for fun. The occasional slaps were never enough for a player like him. It was obvious that i had gotten the hint that someone as good looking and hot as him will never truly love me.

What happened after Hyungwon and I left was Hyungwon brought us to a nearby restaurant and ordered some decent food for us both.

"Why are we here?" I questioned, a puzzled look on my face.

"I'm hungry and I hated the food back there." He answered emotionlessly.

We entered the restaurant and ordered.

He was quiet the whole time as we ate. I felt an urge of awkwardness so I thought what's wrong with making small talk. As I opened my mouth, I was cut off.

"I don't like the ceremony thingy as much as you do. So just eat, uhh... whatever your name is."

Okay, that was rude. He doesn't even know my name. Screw that, who am I anyway. I was the occasional normal girl who had good enough grades and tried to avoid trouble as much as I can to survive high school. The not-so-popular girl.

"JIN." I said as I ate, my eyes never leaving my plate.

"My name is JIN." I repeated.

He didn't move an inch but continued to eat, as if I was invisible. As if all my words flew like the wind and never heard.

"So..."

"Listen, Min?"

"JIN."

"Whatever, I hate my dad's 'new' marriage let alone the engagement. I only brought you here because I hated that guy. I know how big of a fuss he could've made. But I don't like that. Too much drama. I only did it to stop the hurricane that was going to ruin the ceremony. Just be clear that I dont like the engagement but I despise real life dramas a lot more. Understand? Now, finish that. I have other important matters to deal with. And with the extra task of sending you home, I'm a whole lot late."

I was stunned for a second, trying to process his words.

"Or do you want to walk home?'

Oh god, no. I'm not familiar with the place we were at. I'll end up lost.

So I quickly finished my meal and followed him to the car as soon as he finished paying.

The car ride was excruciating. He won't even turn on the radio and it was full on silence between us. I wanted to start a conversation but because of what happened back at the restaurant, I better not.

So instead, I just hummed a few songs that crossed in my mind.

"Stop humming. You're irritating me." He snapped.

"Well, won't you turn on the radio. I'm dying of boredom."

"No."

"Ugh."

Sooner or later I'll have to kill this guy.