ONE

If we love again

“I’m so sorry for your lost”

Says her mother’s private doctor to her and walked away. Maybe he knows that she needs her time to recover from the news. She has been by her mom’s side throughout her trial life and she sees how a great fighter her mom is to fight the cancer for five years.

Nina grows up being her mom’s number one supporter. And now when her mother is gone, she feels like she lost her life too.

Today, after three years of losing his mother due to cancer, she still tries to wake up from this nightmare. Even the Seoul’s clouds won’t be able to calm her mind tonight. She misses her mom a lot that she feels like want to die. Yes, three years is a long time for someone to move on but not for her.

Tired. That’s what she feels right now.

“ Nina Lee” She heard the nurse called her name. She will finally got her medical check-up’s result after a month.

Now that she knows finally that she will be able to be with her mom again. This time it would be forever. This is what she been waiting for. Even thought she still has Mr. Lee as her biological father but she don’t want to depend on him anymore. He lost her trust long time ago when he neglected her mom years ago.

Lung cancer stage three.

That’s it. Her ends. She don’t even regret it.

Or maybe that was what she thought.

“ You need to come here again next week for your first official check-up. And it will coutinue until get well okay.” The doctor give her encourage smile as if she has the hope to get well again. She hates hospital. She has been spending her childhood time in hospital taking care of her mom. Now she has to go again and it’s like she has to spend her lifetime in hospital.

Nina make an exit from the hospital and walk to the place that she always wanted to go to. She feels so week till it makes her knees weaken. It's not like she's not used to walk this far everyday just like how she walks to school, but today it's different. Just as she knows the result of her illness, she tought maybe it'll make her feel better because she will finally make it to her mom's side. But why is her heart feels like gonna burst and it makes her feel like wanna cry. Nina encourage herself to walk and walk until she reach her destination. It has been 5 months since the last time she visits her mom. She misses her a lot.

"Mom.." Nina sat beside her mom's grave while giving herself an encouraging smile.

"It happened. It's finally happened. Im a stage three lung cancer girl. Im not a fighter like you and i dont even think to be one. I feel like want to give up already." She hold onto her mom's grave in order to make her stable because she's starting to feel out of breath.

"Mom, please tell me am i should be happy because of this. I should be happy, right? But why is my heart keep aching whenever i think about my illness. It seems like my heart wants to live longer but my mind says otherwise."

"Mom, please tell me what should i do? Im all alone." She doesnt realize that she's sobbing and crying real hard untill she felt someone wipe her tears away.

She take a glance to her side and and shook by a boy’s presence.

Once he realize what has he done, he apologize immediately. How can he, who may be a stranger to her can just easily come and wipe her tears away. Chanyeol knows his mistake and bow again.

“It’s okay.” She said brokenly. “ It has been a long time since anyone wipe my tears. It feels great.” Luckily she managed to smile at her own joke.

However Chanyeol doesn’t feels right. He looked at the girl in front of him. She looks ill. Her lips is pale enough for someone to recognize her condition as bad. But the longer he stares at her, it is not what he can only see. He sees her broken eyes. Her eyes prove every single pain that she is suffering. And then he do realize something.

She’s lonely.

But then the touch on his wrist make him awake. He look at her.

“Hye, are you okay? Why are you look pale?” He ask with a lot of concerns.

He really do.

“ It’s nothing. I usually look like this. It’s normal for me.” She smile.

She starts to give attention to her mom’s grave again. Seconds later, he heard a sob.

Out of panic, he goes closer to her and hold her shoulder. He really needs to stop his touching-her-out-of-nowhere habit. He knows he shouldn’t do this but he can’t find himself to move away.

“ You know what? I really mean it when I asked you are you okay or not because you don’t seems okay. Physically and emotionally.”

Nina just listen while pretend to give her attention to her mom. She just let her tears goes down her cheek without have the intention to hold it.

She has no idea what emotion she is holding right now. Is she cry because she misses her mom or she just touched by the fact that someone actually care about her. Even it’s not more than just a simple question asking whether she is okay. No one has ever asked her such question after her mom’s funeral three years ago.

Chanyeol again, wipe the tears away from her check but now he feels free to do so without much guilty. He feels like it’s his job to wipe her tears away. To prevent the beads of the beautiful crystals fall from her eyes.

She don’t like this feeling in her heart right now. It’s beating but not as usual. Nina pushed away the thought that maybe this curtain guy make it feels like this.

“I need to go home” She immediately stands up and want to walk away. But somehow someone pull her wrist make her stop.

“ And now you know what? You really need to stop your touching people out of nowhere habit.” She said with her cold tone that makes he slowly let her wrist go.

Little did she knows that the habit that he have only comes today because of her.

She’s aware of the hurt look on his face but decide to just walk away.

Suddenly she felt the pain on her chest. Nina try to ignore it with just her strength. But then she can’t focus anymore. Her gaze becomes blur and out of sudden she feels a hand on her waist to prevent her from collapsing.

After that, everything went blank.