Maybe if....

Genie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

I stare at the clock, waiting for the short hand to reach the number 8... Although, today was a long day at work, I still get to see Pudding and I might see Jin when I get home.... Only 5 more minutes left for my shift... I look at the cash register but then I hear a bell ring, meaning that someone walked inside the cafe.

"Welcome to Starlight Cafe," I say.

A old man walks to the cash register and asks me," Are you happy with your life?"

I get surprised at his question, why is he asking me this?

"Umm, well life has its ups and downs.. my life isn't perfect and all but doesn't everyone have troubles in their ...," I say but he cuts me off.

"But, are you happy with your life?"

I think.... and think... of course there are many things I would want to change but....

"If I'm going to be honest, maybe if I could change a few things in my life I would be happier but I would say that I'm pretty happy with the life I'm living," I reply.

The old man smiles and says," I'd like to order some roasted coffee beans."

Why did he ask me that question? I shrug and I say," that will be 5 dollars please."

The old man hands me 5 dollars and I start to roast some coffee beans. I put the roasted coffee beans in a bag and I give it to the old man and he tells me," life does have its ups and downs but what if you had the ability to change your life?"

I stare at the old man and he walks away..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter