SEHUN

Full Moon: The Tree of Life

The moon shone brightly overhead, casting a beautiful glow as the young man slowly walked through the dense thicket of trees. The place was strange to him, yet familiar, even though he has never been there before, it felt as if he had seen it all.

 

There was something different about this place. It was dark and the air was thick. Sehun found it hard to breath. He wasn't necessarily scared as he walked, but he felt uneasy. It felt like there were eyes watching him, following him.

 

Pushing through a clearing, Sehun stilled as he came to a lake. The moonlight shone down and reflected beautifully over it and framed the smaller figure that stood there.

 

Never before had he seen this man. Never before had he talked to this man, yet the name rolled off his tongue as smooth as butter.

 

Luhan...

 

Dark clouds suddenly rolled in, blocking the light and casting everything in darkness. Thunder rumbled overhead followed by lightening. The ground shook beneath him, throwing off Sehun's balance. He struggled to stand up, but found the ground disappearing beneath his feet. It was almost like he was flying or levitating in the darkness and for a moment there was nothing but stillness. No sound, no sight, no feelings or smell.

 

Nothing but darkness.

 

And as quickly as the darkness came, a blinding white light began to chase it away, engulfing him in its warmth.

 

"Sehun....Sehun..."

 

~*~

"Sehun!"

 

Sehun jerked awake in his bed, sitting up quickly. His rainbow hair stuck up in every direction, tongue peeking out to over dry lips. Sleepy eyes moved and landed on the older woman standing in his room. "Wha?" He slurred.

 

"Get up! You'll be late." The woman grumbled before turning and leaving the room.

 

Late?

 

Sehun turned and stared at the clock on table that stopped at 3:25 in the morning. His alarm hadn't gone off; the time hadn't changed even though power was getting to the clock.

 

Grunting, he fell back into the bed and stared up at the plain white ceiling. He was trying to recall the dream that was just on the tip of his conscious. Yet the more he tried to remember the further it slipped away which frustrated him greatly. Heavy eyes began to close, maybe if he slept a bit more the dream would come back.

 

"SEHUN!"

 

"I'm up!"

 

Sehun groaned and rubbed his forehead lightly. Today was not going to be a good day.

 

~~~~

 

Sehun smiled as he met up with his best, and only friend he made since he moved to the new city of Seoul. Her name was Bella, she was a foreign transfer student, though her Korean was spot on. She had moved to South Korea with her family because her father was in the military and he had been stationed there. Sehun didn’t much care for things like politics and war and things like that. So he really didn’t care why Bella had moved there. He was just glad he managed to find a friend.

 

It was hard, adjusting to life in the city. He was from the countryside, Busan, and it was quite a travel from there to Seoul, but it was something his parents thought was necessary. Something about a good education and getting Sehun to open up and experience things he hadn’t experienced before.

 

He didn’t really like the place, but having Bella around made it at least somewhat bearable. He couldn’t exactly explain why, but he felt drawn to her. Like they shared something in common. What it was, he had no idea, but there was something, and he wanted to keep her close. No...he needed to keep her close.

 

“Well good morning sleepy head. A bit late aren’t we?” Bella teased with a bright smile, her blue eyes shining with happiness. Sehun stared at her for a moment, smiling softly as the sunlight caught her black hair in just the right light, illuminating the blue undertones and Sehun loved seeing it. It fit her for some reason. Made her….beautiful.

 

“Yeah, I guess we had a shortage in power last night.” Sehun said, voice slightly soft as he stared at her. “My clock stopped at 3:25 this morning and my alarms didn't go off.”

 

“Ooh.” Bella gasped and smirked. “Spooky!!!” She said as she lifted her arms up and wiggled her fingers at him before laughing softly.

 

“What are you even talking about?” Sehun laughed as he started walking with her, heading towards their school.

 

“You don't think that's spooky?” Bella asked and cocked her head.

 

“No. I just thought it was a city thing. It's happened a few other times since I've moved here.” Sehun contemplated. Once or twice more the clock stopping happened before. Thankfully it was before he had been enrolled in school. It's been awhile since it last happened.

 

Bella giggled. “Maybe it was the full moon.” She said.

 

“The full moon?”

 

Bella blinked and stared at him in shock. “No. You've never heard the stories?”

 

“Stories…?” Sehun asked curiously.

 

“Yeah. So many people think strange things happen on full moons. You know like freak accidents, crazy people running around, a high volume of crime.” She said. “Things like that.”

 

“They think for one night that weird stuff happens because the moon is full?” Sehun asked.

 

“Yes! But it's not just one day. You do know that the full moon cycle is actually three days right?”

 

“Three?” Sehun asked.

 

“Well I guess the first and third days aren't really full moons. There is probably a slight shift in the shadows, but it looks like a full moon. Heir go, three days of craziness.” She said.

 

Sehun stared at her and nodded slowly. “Right. You know I think you're crazy.” He laughed softly and patted her head.

 

“Laugh at me now, but you'll find out soon enough I'm right.”

 

“Right ‘Ella. Right.” The bell rang, catching their attention and Sehun sighed. “I guess it’s time for hell to begin.” he grumbled and stretched, bones popping back into place. “Sleep sounds good though.”

 

“Are you sleeping okay?” Bella asked, latching onto Sehun’s arm as they walked into the building. Most people believed the two of them were together, which Sehun wouldn’t completely oppose of. Bella was very beautiful and his best friend. It would almost be a perfect relationship if they did, but at the same time, he didn’t want to make anything awkward between. Besides, he was pretty sure she was pining after the class present, Suho.

 

“I think so.” Sehun hummed, eyes locked ahead of them, feet carrying them to their normal destination, their lockers. They had about five minutes before the second bell would ring, signifying the start of class, so they had to be fast. “I don’t really know. I’ve been having weird dreams.”

 

“Weird dreams? Like nightmares?” Bella asked as she stopped in front of her locker and unlocked it. Her blue eyes moved to look at Sehun questioningly and Sehun shrugged.

 

“Not really nightmares. They’re just weird.” he tried to explain, though he didn’t think he was doing a great job at it.

 

“Explain these dreams then.” Bella said as she switched out her books, stuffing them into her bag. Sehun grunted and leaned against the locker next to her’s, watching her for a moment before closing his eyes.

 

“I can’t really.” Sehun said. “I can’t really recall what happened in my dream. But I always feel warm at the end.” he said. “And there’s this guy. This really beautiful guy.”

 

“Oh? Do tell.” Bella giggled as she closed her locker, placing the lock back on it. “What does he look like?”

 

“Gorgeous.” Sehun said as if that was supposed to clearly explain the male that was in his dreams. Though he knew it wouldn’t because Bella didn’t see what he did in his dreams. She wouldn’t know. “He’s shorter than me.” he said gently and sighed. “And gorgeous. Brown eyes, blonde hair.” he trailed off for a moment as he thought for a moment. “It’s so hard to describe him.”

 

“He sounds hot.” Bella said and grinned. “I’m kind of jealous you’re dreaming of hot men and I dream about going to school .” she laughed, Sehun joining her as they headed for their homeroom class.

 

“I don’t know. I think I’d prefer dreaming about going to school every now and then. These constant ‘y man’ dreams are really starting to bug me.” he commented.

 

“Constant huh? Maybe it’s fate trying to tell you something?” Bella asked.

 

“What is fate trying to tell me? This could be my future boyfriend, but too bad for you he doesn’t really exist?” Sehun scoffed and Bella shook her head as she stopped at Sehun’s classroom.

 

“You never know. Maybe you’re one of those special people that can see the future before it happens?” she said. “I mean, with the clock stopping at 3:25 and having the same dream more than once. Maybe you’re seeing the future and you really will meet this gorgeous man soon.” she said. The bell rang loudly above them and Sehun sighed.

 

“You live in a fantasy world Bella.” he waved his hand at her.

 

“Yeah yeah. See you at lunch Hunnie!” she said and jogged two doors down to her classroom, slipping in before the door closed. Sehun smiled and shook his head and turned to walk into his classroom, but grunted as he collided with someone.

 

“Oh god. I’m so sorry.” a voice spoke and Sehun shook his head as he look at the person he bumped into.

 

“No it’s okay. I-” he paused in mid sentence, his eyes widening as he was greeted to the beautiful site of ‘Mr. Gorgeous’ from his dreams.

 

“It’s no problem. I should have announced my presence. I’m Luhan by the way.” he greeted with a bow.

 

Luhan

 

The name that haunted his dreams. The man who haunted his dreams was standing before him in flesh and blood. And Sehun was at a loss for words. Thankfully the teacher walked over and cleared .

 

“Boys, class has started. Please get in here.” she said.

 

Luhan smiled a breathtaking smile and nodded, slipping past the still stunned Sehun with a bow.

 

“Mr. Oh.”


The stern call of his voice had Sehun jerking and he stared at his teacher before bowing, muttering a quick apology to her and quickly made his way to his seat in the back of class. Luhan stood at the front and was introduced to their class as a foreign exchange student from China on a study abroad program. Sehun wasn’t sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand, he finally got to see his dream man, really see him and hear his voice. On the other, he actually got to see his dream man and it was proven that he actually existed. Was Bella right? Was he really psychic or have some sort of premonition powers? Whatever it was, he knew she was going to freak out when he would tell her about Luhan at lunch.