The Transferee Student

Wings
Please log in to read the full chapter

The breeze of October zephyr gently stirred Kim Taehyung's disarrayed chestnut locks. Subconsciously, he ran the tips of his fingers on his hair and brushed it to the side, training his gaze outside the window.

Several students are littering the hallway, friends and classmates, most of which are gossipmongers, filling the atmosphere with their irrelevant chattering. Their classroom, on the other hand, was no different. The noise of small chitchats between girls whose focus was mostly pointless girl stuff like clothes and make up, and boys playing pranks on whoever happened to pass by their spot at the back, was what crammed the air.

Sighing, Taehyung slumped on his desk, left palm supporting the weight of his chin, and thought, I wonder where's that dumbo at.

Just as Taehyung's gaze averted from the jampacked corridor, a bag audibly dropped to the chair beside his. He looked up and saw his best friend, Park Jimin, gasping for breath while wiping his forehead with a white handkerchief.

"So," Taehyung started, "did you win the marathon?"

Jimin slipped the hanky back in the pocket of his knapsack and settled comfortably in his own desk while trying to fix his brunette hair unruly from excessive running. He turned to his friend, eyes rolling heavenwards. "I overslept again. I'm such an idiot."

"About time you realize." Taehyung cackled, his eyes reducing down into a pair of thin crescent lines.

Before the two could actually engage in another of their typical casual talks though, the sound of the bell ringing across the halls tore the conversational vibe in the room. Everyone gathered their personal belongings with them as they went back to their respective seats. One guy from their class, Kim Namjoon, the moronic douche known for his infamous snide remarks and salty jokes, yelled a quick 'Ready yourselves, peasants! The sadistic freak is coming!' at the sight of the approaching figure of their Calculus professor. The wry statement earned him both a few laughs from the other students and a stern look from the professor himself who turned out to be in the range of earshot.

A blanket of anticipatory silence stretched in the four walls of the room as the whole class watched their teacher assumed his usual position in front of the podium. But today was a little different; he was with the company of a male student whose face wasn't familiar with either Park Jimin or Kim Taehyung, or any of their classmates for that matter.

"Good morning, Class 4-B." T

Please log in to read the full chapter