No Better Than Strangers

No Better Than Strangers[One-Shot]

 

Staring unfocused at the pale white wall that sat opposite of sleek brunette. That's all she ever did nowadays. Looking at her equally pale face, you could make out the dry tear lines of her face, but also the stray wrinkles that adorn her brown almond eyes and the corner of her heart shaped lips, are now fading. The lack of her shining smiles, that once lit the room, are now lost, even gone.

 

When was the last time that he held her closely? When was the last time he held her hand? When was the last time they ate together? When was the last time the spent time together? When was the last time he kissed her? When was the last time he simply just smiled at her. When was the last time he even looked at her?

 

These questions flooded her head, allowing herself to drown into her own thoughts. Such simple thoughts yet they meant so much, and so more. Moving her cold fingers to her lips, she felt them. Wondering, wishing, and missing the feelings of his lips on hers. They would warm and melt her natural chapped lips, and yet here she sat, alone and cold.

 

Hearing the door slam of their apartment, huh, was it even correct to use theirs anymore? She heard the pitter patter of his footsteps reaching the living room. Not moving her head nor her body, she held her knees closer to her body and cradled her head safely between her legs, scared that if she looked at him, she wouldn't be able to stop the sob that was begging to be heard.

 

She could feel his stare briefly before he sat in the loveseat beside the sofa she was on. She smirked bitterly, he didn't even want to sit beside her simply because he was disgusted with her. Her not being perfect. Not being the women he wanted.

 

The t.v. livened the room just a smidgen but the tension increased as the laughter from the drama being played was heard. She thought back to a time where they were once like that. Laughing lively simply just being in love. Love. Where did that all go? But thinking back to the drama she inwardly smiled, sadistically. That kind of love was just too good to be true. Too perfect, and yet she wasn't just perfect enough for it.

 

The first time she laid eyes on Yoochun was when she was interning for SM Ent., working as an assistant to their manager. Soon she would be helping the coordinators and the main managers, assisting in whatever their needs were. From getting a file to reach the other side of Seoul to even bringing them a cup of simple coffee.

 

Yoochun was rather a simple yet complicated man, too. He smiled at what he liked and frowned at what he didn't. But his reasoning were rather too exquisite and yet she listened. She was captivated by his smile, his chocolate brown eyes, and his smooth long fingers that would effortlessly glide on the smooth pearl piano keys.

 

Smiling bitterly she propped her head on her knees, facing her head away from Yoochun's view, watching as the drama played by in a blurry. She remembered their first kiss, first date, first night, and their first piece of music composition. Yoochun once told her that, that was what truly captivated him to her was her skills at the piano. How she would look lovingly at the piano with such softness and true love for it, he couldn't help but fall even deeper. He once told her that their piece would be theirs only and her only lullaby. The song wasn't only a sweet piece but also a heartfelt moving piece, that only they could play together, to get the true meaning of the song across. The piece they named together was, “ Spring Waltz, My Dear” Yoochun had said that the waltz is a gentleman's dance, leading his lady ahead as he guided her to her paradise with grace. He promised her that one day they would waltz together, to where ever she pleased.

 

Sadly, everything he told her was a lie, every promise was a lie, and every word was truly a lie.

 

Hearing Yoochun's cellphone ringing, her head snapped up, barley glancing at the man that she loved yet the man that made her heart squeeze and cry every night. Their eye's met for a second until he shifted them towards the t.v. turning the volume down, to answer it. She shivered at the contact, when was the last time again? And yet this time it was so cold. She glanced at him again and she can see a smile adorn on his beautiful pale face and thin pink lips, a smile she missed so very dearly. She looked down at her toes, her chipped cerulean nail polish as she bit her lips to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. She could hear him laughing in the receiver of his phone, and she could faintly make out the voice of a women. A women she knew too well.

 

The first time Yoochun had ever deceived her was with the same women as now. It was the famous dancer, singer, and a beautiful women who looked young for her age, Park Gahi. She stared at him wide eyed and mouth hanging as he looked back just as shocked. Before she came, he was in a tight lip lock with the beautiful goddess who was holding onto Yoochun so closely and him just as tight. Miho diverted her eyes, mumbled a sorry and walked out in a breeze, praying that he wouldn't go after her. But her prayers didn't reach God before she felt arms around her. She didn't struggle or even bother to ask why. Looking up at the dark night, she felt tears slide down her cheeks and also the back of her neck, Yoochun's tears. Unevenly sighing, she whispered, “ Let go, Yoochun” But he shook his head, mumbling 'I'm sorry's and 'forgive me' so many times she lost count. She couldn't forgive him yet. Why should she? Oh, simple. It was because she loved him to dearly, to much. But the incident took place 4 years ago, and yet here they are again. With the same beautiful goddess that she knew she could never beat.

She recently found out that their meetings have been going on for over a year and a half, the time where Yoochun started to act cold towards, her like she didn't exist. But she couldn't stop loving him, even if it left her with heartaches that occurred every day and night, the nonstop tears that drowned her endlessly and her thoughts that haunted her in her dreams.

 

Miho mildly watched Yoochun as he left the living room once again, mumbling “Going out” before taking his jacket that was next to her. She wanted to reach out to grab the jacket, wanting to tell him that that was the last thing to remind her that he was even here with her. If she couldn't even have him to be with her, something that reminded her of him would be the same. The scent of his always intoxicated her, making her heart ten times worse yet she felt at ease, like he still, in some way, loved her.

 

Miho entered their bedroom, she grimaced at that thought again. Theirs. What was theirs again? Sitting down at the desk that decorated the empty room, a mirror to remind her of her imperfections, stared back at her, showing her dark circles that decorated the bottom of her eyes. The hollow eyes that showed misery and a faint glassy look from the previous tears, the tear line that fell down her soft pale cheeks. The heart shaped lips, all chapped and a frown stated it's presence on her beautiful yet sad face.

Glancing down at the paper and glossy black fountain pen, she started to write her feelings out. Everything she felt, everything she held in and everything she wanted to voice. Everything went on that piece of paper, ending it with her classy signature. Something wet landed on her hand and on the paper, making some of the letters smudged. Looking again at the mirror, the tears fell again, going down those beautiful tear lines, but this time she didn't cry silently. She sobbed, yelled, and screamed at everything and anything. Anything to ease the pain she felt, the pain of his last words, to her, was to see that women. The pain of him leaving her once again, the pain of her never seeing him again.

 

She made it final, she was leaving him. She was physically, mentally, and especially emotionally exhausted. She couldn't stand the neglect and the coldness any longer. She longed for warmth, his warmth. But no more, she wanted nothing from him anymore. She gave everything to him and all she got in return were lies. Everything was a lie. From beginning to end. Yet there was something that she knew, something that she didn't want to admit, they were truly no better than strangers.

 

 

-----------------------------

 

So hope you guys enjoyed this peice ^^ It's quite lovely don't you think? Hopefully!

The peice that Yoochun and Miho 'composed' was actually a song called

"Spring Day, Cherry Blossoms, and You" by Epitone Project. 

(Press it Press it! It's a beautifully composed piece!) 

Yeah, renamed it Spring Waltz, My Dear because it sounds like something you could waltz to, well the string ver. it does...^.^;;

Oh! This story was actually inspired by Baby Soul's "No Better Than Strangers" Like how my other one shots are also based on songs lol. 

WELL. Just enjoy it no matter what! And please DO COMMENT! It'll make me fill as if someone's actually reading... c: