Beautiful Thorns

Beautiful Thorns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi x Francesca

Monsta X - Beautiful (Inspired by this song, you may want to listen while reading or read the lyrics)

Word Count: 840

 

You breathe in, you breathe out, it’s easy right? Inspiration. Expiration. Repeat. It was easy. Just like how with every breath Yoongi took, he inhaled just a little more of the beautiful woman in front of him.And when he exhaled, he lost a little more of himself. He wasn’t sure when you had gone from being a girl he was friends with due to his father working with your father, to a woman. He wasn’t sure when you had blossomed just like a rose in his mother’s garden that spring. He didn’t know when you grew thorns that tread as carefully as he might, he knew he’d get pricked.

 

So, here you were, yet again in his mother’s kitchen, baking three different types of cookies, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and his favorite sugar cookies. There you were, a baby pink apron around your waist, that should have been the length of your too short periwinkle skirt, tied around your waist against a white floral blouse with the exact color of your skirt for the petals of the flowers. Newly dyed grey hair pulled back into a ponytail that had tendrils escaping. The silvery grey looked so much better on you than it ever did on him. A spatula in one hand as you stirred what seemed like the last batch of cookie dough and a few splotches of white powder on your nose and left side of your forehead.

 

Where was Yoongi’s mom? One would think that she’d be in the kitchen spearheading this bake fest as it was her kitchen. But no, his mom was nowhere to be found. Leaning against the doorframe, Yoongi let his eyes follow your every movement. Keeping quiet as to not disturb you, the music from your phone dancing in the air, voices mingling with your own slightly off tune singing. The longing inside of his chest never seemed to go away. In fact, it was snowballing into a monster, it seemed each time he saw you now it grew bigger. There were so many times that Yoongi wanted to reach out to touch but, here he was, arms crossed, fingers fully clamped d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter