Prologue

Memories of a Lifetime

Everything was dead silent.
On the riverbank of the Ruoshui River, a woman holding a man clad in dark robes was enclosed in a protective barrier, separating them from a group of old men,  and a troop of soldiers. Including a silver haired man and a young woman dressed in pink robes, calling out for the other woman. “Gugu*! You are scaring me! Gugu!” she called out, tears streaming down her white cheeks. The woman paid her no heed and continued to stare off, her arms cradling the man.
At the sound of approaching footsteps, the young woman turned to see a man who looked identical to the other man in the woman’s arms and stepped back. The man was the highly revered God of War, Mo Yuan and the woman, Bai Qian’s former master. “Seventeen.” He called out to her.

When the woman saw him, she broke out of her trance and dissolved the barrier. The group of worried old men sighed in relief. “Shifu*, you’re here… Shifu, you must have a way to save Ye Hua, right? You overcame the trial of the Bell of the East Emperor. You must be able to save him.”

Mo Yuan felt for his brother’s breath, and looked at her. “Seventeen. Get Ye Hua in a coffin so he can rest in peace.”


Bai Qian shook her head, her eyes red with grief. “Shifu, you can’t make such a joke..I can wait. 70,000 years or even hundreds of years, I can wait for him. Shifu..” Mo Yuan’s heart broke for his disciple and laid a hand on her shoulder. Bai Qian held Ye Hua closer. “He already breathed his last breath.”

At that sentence, Bai Qian cried. “When you sacrificed your soul to the Bell of the Eastern Emperor, they also said that you were vanquished. But I still managed to wait until you returned. Ye Hua will also return. He will surely return..”
“Even if you were to wait for him, you should let him rest comfortably. You can’t just keep sitting here.” Her master said. “Shifu, you’re right. Earlier, I promised Ye Hua.. I’d take him back to Qing Qiu and lock him up in my Fox Den. Then he could only look at me. I’ll take him back to Qing Qiu now.”

Mo Yuan sighed. “Head back there first.” And he got up from his place.
In a flash, Bai Qian and Ye Hua’s body disappeared in a flurry of white light.


Notes:

*Gugu= a term meaning 'Aunt'

*Shifu= a term meaning 'Master'

Bell of the East Emperor= the bell, is a dangerous woman that could possibly destroy all the worlds. It was made by Mo Yuan. At the Battle by Ruoshui River, Mo Yuan sacrificed his soul to trap Ghost Lord Qing Qang in the bell. He was subdued by Ye Hua's defenses and was ultimately killed when he tried to break free.