Hopeful Rom(antics)

Hopeful Rom(antics)

 

Jennie Kim was never the type to believe in soulmates or things like love at first sight. But that didn’t stop her from falling head over heels for you, the girl who had only transferred schools three months. Which is why she’d been pacing outside the library you’d been waiting for her in.

 

Rose grabbed her shoulders making Jennie face her. “Look Jennie it’s simple you just go in get her number and get out.”

 

“No it’s not that simple Rose how am I going to get Y/N’s number without staying in there the whole time?” Rose took a step back as if in deep thought before snapping her fingers excitedly.

 

“I’ve got it, just go in there for at least 10 minutes then I’ll text you and you’ll just have to pretend it;s urgent.” Rose explained to a confused looking Jennie.

 

“Okay but how does that get me her number?”

 

Rose let out a defeated sigh. “You’re going to ask for it before you leave, keep up Jennie.”

 

Jennie nodded finally looking somewhat sure of this plan. “Okay I’ve got this.” She mumbled as she walked into the almost vacant library. Her eyes stopped, along with her breathing when she saw you. Sitting at one of the tables. She approached the table, mouth open but nothing came out.

 

“You’re late.” you said without even looking up. “Maybe you’re just early.” Jennie joked

 

“Twenty minutes late?” You questioned with a raised brow. “Really early.” Jennie suggested with a shrug

 

“Lets just get to work.”

 

The productive working only lasted about five minutes before you realized Jennie wasn’t even listening. Instead she sat, legs propped on the table giggling about something one her phone.

 

Yah Jennie Kim!” you yelled getting her attention. “Hmm?”

 

“I understand your phone is more interesting but I’d like to finish this project quickly.” You said feeling annoyed.

 

“Ah sorry, my friend was just trying to get me to see this lame movie.” Jennie explained

 

“Oh,what movie?” you asked trying to keep her attention on you.

 

“Nothing interesting it’s for hopeless romantics.” She said

 

“What’s wrong with hopeless romantics?” You asked with a pout that Jennie surely noticed.

 

“N-nothing are you one?” Jennie asked now choosing her words carefully. Though you only shook your head with a soft smile. “No but I do think some overtly sweet cute gesture would be sweet. Ya know?”  You said leaning unconsciously  closer to her. Jennie nodded quietly only thinking about how close your lips were to hers.

 

A buzzing came from Jennie’s phone knocking her from her daze. She looked at her phone, already knowing it was Rose, she stoody almost knocking her chair down. “I’m very sorry Y/N but I have to go, I’ll text you.” Jennie said before speeding out of the room, leaving you confused.

 

-----

 

“So Plan A failed.” Rose said closing her locker. Jennie at her with a solemn look. “Not only that but I lost my phone in the process of running out on Y/N.”

 

“So what’s Plan B?” Rose asked jokingly making Jennie chuckle. “Wallow away like a fool.”

 

The bell rung ending their conversation. Rose waved Jennie a goodbye before heading to her own class. Jennie was on her way to study hall when you called out to her. “Yah Jennie Kim.” Your voice made her turn. She stared at you confused as you ran towards her.

 

“You left this yesterday.” You said handing her her phone. Jennie had to stop herself from squealing as she took the phone.

 

“I put my number in your phone so we can communicate better for this project and you should probably put a passcode on your phone.” You said before turning away from her, only to be stopped by Jennie. “Wait Y/N where are you going?” Jennie asked, catching up to you

 

“Uh class.” You responded confused

 

“Let me walk you since your class is so far.” Jennie offered making you look down with a smile. “Oh okay.”

 

You were already halfway to your class when Jennie made the bold decision to hold you hand. You stayed silent through the way, not bothering to even mention your laced fingers. Maybe it was because you were to shocked to process it or maybe you just liked it. Neither mattered a you finally came up to your classroom.

 

“Hey Y/N?” Jennie started. You looked up at her, noticing how deep in thought she seemed to be.“What?”

 

“What gesture would be best, you know for a hopeless romantic?” The bold question surprised you, you answered nonetheless. “I’d probably have to say a kiss in the rain.” You answered with a shrug hoping you didn’t sound to intrigued. “How come?”

 

“Ah no reason I was just wondering.” She answered with a shrug

 

“Oh well thanks for walking me.” You said deciding to make a bold move of your own s you kissed her cheek. Which unbeknownst to you, finally brought her from her daze.

 

--------

 

No, Jennie Kim did not have any intentions of waiting for it to rain so she could finally confess. But she would never let the chance slip from her grasps when it just so happened to rain the next day. Which is why she was currently at your door waiting for you to answer. No Rose or any place to run it was just Jennie. You opened the door with a smile. It’s not like you weren’t expecting her, she texted you before saying she’ll be over for the project.

 

Jennie said nothing, only stepping back into the rain. You walked towards her with a chuckle about to pull her inside, only to be stopped by her hand that pulled you to her as she pressed her lips against yours.

 

She pulled away with a meek smile. “So did I manage to sweep you off your feet?”

 

“Jennie everytime I see you you sweep me off my feet.” You said with a chuckle as you pulled the wet girl inside.

 

For j2j2c6y1 hope you liked it Feel free to request anytime