The Greatest Love

The Greatest Love

Jeju Island had been such a wonderful place to stay, all thanks to the sea. From the sea breeze to the taste of seafood and fresh tangerines, it had been home. Not only that, I could always see the vast and wonderful body of salt water and the boats passing by.

When there are boats, there are people. When I was young, I would wave at some sailors and bypassers and they waved back with smiles on their faces. Even if I was already at the age of eighteen, I continued to do the usual routine and to love my foundation.

But then...it all changed...and it's all thanks to a cute boatwoman.

"Doyeonnie!"

Sohye was calling me but meh-who cares? Just let me gaze at that beautiful boatwoman.

"Yah, Kim Doyeon!" Sohye yelled again.

I shrugged it off again, gazing at the cute brown-haired girl that stood almost a ruler shorter that I was. I could see her standing by the deck, letting her face embrace the cool breeze. And with that cute yet intense expression, it made my sense of admiration clearer.

And then, her eyes focused on me.

*tack*

I hissed as I saw the dropped bottle. I went to look at the sailor again, only to see her far from plain sight. I sighed and looked to see Sohye all frustrated while holding two sacks.

"What are you doing? Help me clean this mess on the shore." Sohye spoke.

I could only nod, getting that extra sack and pick up any litter I could find. Sohye followed suit and we made progress in cleaning the surroundings up.

Man...if only I can see her again...

***

Usually, I'm the unsociable one in the squad of fellow boatwomen but somehow, I got myself to let loose and have fun.

Nayoung was our leader and a very serious and strict one when it comes to our sport. She was articulate in things like drinking and such but I wonder of her sudden offer of some expedition in Jeju Island with a dose of drinks.

"Have some beer, Yoojung," said Mina.

"Yah, Kang Mina. Don't drink too much this time." Chaeyeon reprimanded then gave me a bottle. "Loosen a bit, Yoojung."

I nodded as Nayoung opened my bottle and I took my sip. Nayoung and Chaeyeon downed theirs whereas Mina was busy stuffing her face with chips.

"Cap, what's with the competition in Jeju?" I asked her.

"Well..." Nayoung began, munching some chips "...we're off with the usual plus a bunch of foreign tourists requested for a lift back to Seoul."

"Is that even legal?" Mina asked.

"Of course it is. We got permission from it." Chaeyeon answered.

"Why don't we get to be informed with personal stuff?" Mina pouted. "Only the Captain gets the benefit of the doubt."

"You'll get there someday." Nayoung said to the cute sailor.

"Mind if I go towards the deck to get a view?" I asked them.

"Sure." Chaeyeon nodded. "And by the looks of the nearing land, I think we're almost there."

I nodded and went out towards the deck, heading towards a nice spot, letting the sea wind slap my face like a sickening yet soothing .

The sea has been a favorite, hence my passion as a boatwoman. When my senses are surrounded with anything related to the sea, I feel at ease as if I had no worries in life nor having that sudden instance of falling in love whatsoever.

And some damsel crouching getting hit by an empty water bottle had to steal my spot in a sudden glance...

I sighed this time. Nayoung had cranked the vessel up so that we can dock ourselves quickly. For now, I continued to watch the view and a thought came into mind.

I hope I see that woman again...

***

Who would've thought this morning could get peachy?

"Doyeon, get the glasses, please." Sejeong requested as she was busy fixing our generator.

I could only nod, fixing the messy tables and getting the glasses used by those tourists who've left towards a place only God knew. As I was putting the glasses in a plastic box for dishwashing, I sighed, leaning by the post as I look at the shabby yet clean place.

It was the physical state of the ground floor of our home. I worked as a waitress in this bar we owned. Sohye was on dishwashing duty. Chungha was our cook and treasurer and Sejeong was our handywoman and our auditor.

From tourists to typical civilians, we serve through delicious meals and drinks, fine music through the jukebox or Sejeong's singing, and of the vibe and the opportunity for customers to hangout inside with their talks on the walks of life and the world outside this paradise, the city, Seoul as they call it.

For tonight, we didn't expect any more customers, let alone boatwomen.

"Doyeon, we got customers." Sejeong called.

I nodded and four boatwomen greeted my vision. But then, my head spun adoringly as I saw the cute boatwoman from last week.

***

Chaeyeon and Mina suggested this said bar and our Captain obliged of the decision. I just went with the flow.

"Doyeon, we got customers." I heard an uncle-like voice, seeing its owner fixing a generator.

When I turned around, I felt the world stop. I saw a tall woman, shabby yet pretty. I was mesmerized as she walked like a model then she froze. I felt raw as I notice her look at me intently.

Wow. I never thought her eyes were beautiful like jewelry sparkling so bright, making her radiant and adoringly lively.

"How romantic..." Nayoung cooed.

"Heh. I never thought Yoojung would experience love so quickly." Chaeyeon said. "How sissy..."

I was out of my fantasy and saw the tall woman up close, holding a notebook on her hand.

"Good evening, welcome to KimShab. What can I get you?" She spoke.

"Deep fried noodles and Coke." Mina raised a hand.

"Sweet and pendant shrimp with iced tea." Chaeyeon spoke.

"Steamed tofu with a glass of beer." Nayoung spoke.

"And for you, miss beautiful?" The tall from asked me.

Holy , she was gorgeous. I thought, hey, can I get you as my order?

What the , brain...

"Fish and chips, please." I answered. "And orange juice..."

"I'll have your orders in a jiffy." She grinned.

As she walked off, I felt my face flush harder than expected. Mina was nudging me and was grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

"What's with that, Yoojung?" Nayoung asked.

It was my sudden infatuation of that beauty who got her head hit by that bottle...

"It was nothing." Yoojung spoke instantly.

A ding disrupted my senses as I saw the tall woman with a tray of our orders. We thanked her and indulged in our meals.

As I munched my chips, I would steal glances at the tall woman. Despite of the shabby look, I saw the beauty...and it was breathtaking.

Eventually, we finished our meals, split the bill, and we're prepping ourselves to leave. But then, I stayed for a bit and saw the woman cleaning our table up.

"Yoojung! Let's go!" I heard Mina call.

"Go ahead." I told her.

I saw her leave and made my motion towards the woman. She gave me a look and I froze. But then, she smiled.

"Thanks for the meal." I said.

What the , Choi Yoojung. How smooth of you.

"Haha...no sweat..." The tall woman said.

I mustered all my confidence on that stupid reply and I had to say goodbye. I bowed lightly then went out.

Man...I want to try my luck again. I hope I can still see her.

***

They say that the body of water is the mirror of the sea and the human is the mirror of his works. Every nook and cranny, every little action, even every grain of hair that falls from your scalp holds a certain memory.

Being in a boat while taking pictures of the vast ocean, it had been a favorite thing to do during the weekends. But no, I had gone out earlier than expected. It was my birthday after all.

I got the usual birthday gifts from my sisters and I was happy. I asked Chungha if I can go to the sea early and she lets me. As I took another picture, I saw an identical boat. I wondered as I turned the motor on to get a closer look. I took a picture of the boat and I gasped as I saw a head.

"Omo!" It was a familiar person.

I saw the other boat drawing near and I was about to turn the motor back on when I see the face. It was the boatwoman a.k.a my crush.

"Hey! You're that waitress from yesterday." She said.

"Yeah. And you're that cute boatwoman." I said back, making her chuckle.

"Nice to meet you." She shook my hand.

"You too." I said back. "I'm Kim Doyeon."

"Nice to meet you, Doyeon. I'm Choi Yoojung."

Yoojung...that is one heck of a cute name...

I stumbled by my own boat and I thought I was going to fall onto the ocean when Yoojung caught me. For a person shorter than me, she was strong.

And then Cupid waltz his way and hits me with one of his arrows. Great. My heart's beating again.

"Aigoo...be careful." Yoojung said as she hoisted me back.

"Thanks." I grinned.

"You're welcome." Yoojung said. "Anyways, I'm heading back to shore for some work. You're still staying here?"

"Nah. I think I've had enough pictures for today. Race you there?" I taunted.

Yoojung chuckled as she the motor of her boat and went ahead. I took a picture of her before I raced her to shore.

***

I would've thought that it was just for the competition. But I never thought I could be celebrating a festival in Jeju with the team. I must admit, it was festive. There were many events. There was even a special boat race.

"Join this one, Yoojung!" Chaeyeon gleamed.

"You're going to win this for sure." Nayoung cheered her on.

"Nah..." I declined. "I thought we still have to practices to do for thr competition."

"Aish, you and sportsmanship. You're just like Nayoung." Mina batted.

"Hey!" Nayoung reacted.

"We're on a break, Yoo. Have some fun." Mina added.

"Okay." I agreed.

"Please-you just agreed because of the photographer over there." Chaeyeon cooed. "Isn't she the waitress you ogled about?"

"Yeah. I met her earlier. She even raced me to shore." I answered.

"Then go and join. Make an impression!" Chaeyeon nudged.

Seriously, I can't believe I was playing with these dweebs, spreading the plague of their foolishness. And Mina is the source of it.

Nonetheless, I joined the race. As it started, I was chill. Being a boatwoman for years, I gotten used to row boats and I was agile. I could hear the people cheer but then, my eyes sat foot on Doyeon as she was picturing.

"Yah, Choi Yoojung!" I was lost as I heard Mina yell. "Why are you stopping-get that beauty rowing!"

I continued to row. I thought I was going to lose but I was happy because I won, just like Nayoung said earlier.

My smile grew wider as I saw Doyeon cheer. Also, my heart was beating of that sight.

Wow, heart. I never thought I'd feel this.

***

Another day has passed and I haven't seen Yoojung since the boat race. With her competition and my work, I guess we were busy in our walks of life.

"Doyeonnie!" I heard Sejeong call.

"What?" I asked.

"Customers from the other coast have asked orders. Can you deliver it to them?"

"Does this mean I get a raise?" I asked. "Come on. I'm a waitress and a delivery woman. I should be paid twice."

"Shut up and go." Chungha heard us and I just chuckled.

I got the food packed well and went to the pier and rode a boat to the other coast. Minutes later, I got to the other side, docking my boat well, getting the food and went to the address riding a scooter.

I arrived at the place and got the delivery on time. I was even thankful for the tip and extra snacks. I rode back to the pier to go back when happened.

There was a storm surge and sailors were prohibited to sail anywhere. I was ed up. And with no use of communication to let Chungha and the others know, this was going to be hard.

"Come on, ahjusshi. I need to get back to the city proper tonight."

Wait. I know that voice. I looked to the side and there was Yoojung.

"Sorry, ma'am. But the storm surge will be strong. If you see the currents, they're huge and rapid. You might get stranded," said the head sailor. "You'll have to stay here until tomorrow."

Yoojung sighed. She faced me and she gasped again.

"Doyeon. What brings you here?" She asked.

"Delivery." I answered. "You?"

"Special practice." Yoojung said. "I guess we won't be going anywhere. Say...where are you staying for the night?"

"My boat?" I nonchalantly spoke.

"That's no good. Why don't you stay with me at my place?" She offered.

"You have a house here?" I asked.

"It's more of our condo here. I insist, Doyeon." Yoojung said again.

I could only nod and follow. Minutes later, we arrived at the place. I wowed. It was extravagant. I sighed and was in awe. So this was luxury looks like. I would've thought it was all just a dream.

"Make yourself at home, Doyeon." Yoojung smiled as she got something from the kitchen. "Tea?"

I nodded and she got two cups and a kettle. She poured us some tea and I thanked her while drinking.

"Thanks for letting me stay here." I said.

"It's not a problem, Doyeon. If you stayed at your boat, you'd get wet from the rain." Yoojung said. "There's an extra bed next to mine and I laid out some pajamas for you to wear. With your height, I'm sure Nayoung's clothes would fit you."

"You shouldn't have done that. I feel like I'm indebted to you." I said as I continued to drink.

"You aren't." Yoojung said and I stopped drinking and looked at her. "Because you'd care for a person that made your heart flutter, even during first meetings..."

"But isn't it rather abrupt?" I asked.

"It is...but somehow, I felt this fluttering in my chest when I see her..." Yoojung said and I felt a thump in my chest. "That 'her' is you, Doyeon."

Woah. It WAS abrupt. "Y-Yoojung..."

"I like you, Doyeon." Yoojung confessed. "Ever since I saw you by the shore, getting thrown by a bottle on your head, I believed in love at first sight. And with our sudden meetings, I knew it was fate."

I couldn't be happier. I like her too. Nonetheless, I could only smile. She smiled back with her cute crescent eyes.

Wow. It was going to be a long night.

***

Morning came and I felt a nudge. I jolted up to see Doyeon. She gave me a worried look.

"Morning..." I yawned. "What's wrong, Doyeon?"

"We should go back. My family would be worried sick about me, same with your team." She answered.

She was right. I nodded as I hastily changed myself since Doyeon was changed already. We rode a scooter back to the pier and went on our separate boats to sail back to the city proper.

I would glance at the back to watch if Doyeon caught up. I slowed down, letting her sail first so that I'm assured she gets to shore safely. Minutes later, we got to shore. I saw Doyeon's family and my team. I got the boat docked properly and they hastily went towards me.

"What happened?! We couldn't contact you yesterday!" Nayoung grew worried.

"The signal was down because of the storm surge. Mind me. We managed to be safe and stayed for the night."

"We?" Chaeyeon wondered.

"Doyeon and I stayed at the condo yesterday." I clarified.

"Who's Doyeon?" Mina asked and gasped. "The waitress and the photographer?"

I nodded. I saw Doyeon and her worried sister and I gulped. Her sister gazed at me, disappointed, mad even.

I couldn't say much as Doyeon left with her family. I sighed and went with the rest of the team back to our homestay.

***

I was faced with a sudden dilemma of intense stares and gazes. With my little incident with Yoojung, my sisters were worried, even Chungha had a deep grudge on Yoojung.

"Guys, it's not what you think. She just let me stayed. That's it." I said.

"All the same..." Chungha spat. "And you have to defend that woman."

"Why are speculating? Don't you trust me?" I asked them.

"It's not that. We just grew worried. Plus, she's a boatwoman, an elite boatwoman." Sohye said.

"Don't worry. Yoojung's a good woman." I assured them.

"Okay. But please don't hesitate if you're provoked or in doubt. Tell us right away, okay?" Sejeong spoke.

I could only nod and obey. Being the youngest of the siblings, I had to obey. Besides, they just care for me.

But then, I was dying to see Yoojung again.

***

It was early in the morning and here I am, holding a bunch of flowers for someone special. I got to the KimShab, just in time for it to open. I looked around and wondered where Doyeon was.

"Hey, aren't you that boatwoman?" A girl with an uncle-like tone asked.

"Yes." I said then bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo."

"You're the one Doyeon was talking about." She said, lending a hand. "I'm Kim Sejeong, her second eldest sister."

"Nice to meet you, Sejeong-unnie-"

"Please. Call me Sejeong." She said.

"Okay, Sejeong."

Sejeong lets me come inside the restaurant, sitting down at the counter as she got two glasses and a bottle of beer. I watched Sejeong pour the contents of the beer inside the two glasses, chugging one glass then scooting the other towards me.

"Drink." She said.

"I'm sorry. I don't drink-"

"You don't, huh?" Sejeong asked and I nodded. "Let me ask you something. You're here to court my sister, aren't you?"

I gulped. I had to be honest. "Yes. I'm here to court Doyeon."

"Well, if you are to do that..." Sejeong scoots the glass towards me again. "...then prove that you're worthy."

I nodded and drank. But as I finished half of it, I coughed. It was too bitter and too strong. "I'm sorry. I can't empty it."

"Okay..." Sejeong grabbed it away and scooted it away. "That's the thing. If you can do it, do it, otherwise, don't. And if you do it, be honest and know when to quit." Sejeong huffed. "Listen, Doyeon means a lot to me and my sisters. She needs us as much we need her. Now she needs to be with someone worthy enough for her, a person we can trust."

"I can be that person, Sejeong." I said and she dilated her eyes. "I will be there for her. I will care for her, protect her. Despite of my height gap with her, I'll do my best."

I saw her chuckle. I wonder what was funny. It was true.

"You know, you're a keeper. You need to assure me and my sisters that you will love my sister with all your mind, your heart, and your strength." Sejeong said and I nodded.

Sejeong gave a little smile. "Take care of Doyeon. Hurt her and I won't hesitate to kick your ."

"Yoojung?"

I looked behind Sejeong and there was Doyeon. Boy, was she the most beautiful person I've ever seen. Even if she just woke up, she looked like an angel.

"Good morning, Sejeong, Yoojung." Doyeon yawned and greeted.

"Good morning, Doyeon." Sejeong and I spoke simultaneously.

"Excuse me." Sejeong got up and went out.

I was left with Doyeon. I saw her smile as she went closer. And then I was reminded of the flowers that I brought. I hastily gave them to her. "For you."

Doyeon giggled and thanked me. Then she sits down and we face each other.

"I heard everything." She said and my face flushed red. "That you're here to court me and all that..."

I could only laugh. I just lost composure because of this. Doyeon laughed as well. "You're cute, Yoojung."

I froze. I then saw Doyeon inch closer. I couldn't hold my blush. "I suppose that's why I like you too."

Did I just hear it correctly? Does Doyeon really like me?

"Yah...D-Doyeon..."

"I like you too, Yoojung."

***

Now that both of us confessed and that Yoojung proved herself to my sisters, to Sejeong at least, we saw each other from time, having fun with each other's company by the seashore.

We also had our talks and I knew Yoojung better as much as she did with me. I found it cute that she had sense of will despite of our height gap. I also pondered of our differences. She was an elite boatwoman. I was just an ordinary waitress and photographer.

As of this time, Yoojung and I walked by the cliff, getting a majestic view of the sea. I had brought my camera and took pictures.

"You sure do like taking pictures." I heard Yoojung say.

"I got it from my Eommoni." I said.

"What about your Eomma? What did you inherit in her?" She asked.

I was silent for a while. It's been a while since our mothers passed away from a wreckage. They had an opportunity to work overseas but a storm came in and whacked their boat apart. Now, the four of us are orphans, with Chungha and Sejeong taking responsibility for me and Sohye, like our parents before.

"I inherited her heart." I answered. "Eomma's heart has this intriguing approach. She's direct with her feelings and loves unconditionally."

I stopped, feeling my heart beat frantically as I face Yoojung. "I love you, Yoojung."

It was all true. With everything that has happened between us, how can I not?

Yoojung went closer, pulled me down and kissed me. I never thought it could happen. It was all too good to be true and I kiss her back. I giggled as Yoojung stepped on her tiptoes just to reach my face. I help her out and we were finally face to face.

"I love you too, Doyeon." She smiled.

Being the tall one, I lowered my head and kissed Yoojung. And with the confession and kisses, I guess it's a start of what folks call...love...

***

It would've made sense that the competition would be over soon enough but I didn't want that to happen because of Doyeon. Thank the stars, our victory vacation was extended for two more months.

With the vacant time, I went to see Doyeon, surprising her with flowers and having long walks on the beach. There were always time we stop at the same spot by the cliff. Doyeon would take pictures and I share my cuddles, hugs, and kisses with her.

During the first phase, it was hard. Doyeon's family was hard to convince, especially Chungha. She said that I was a threat and that we were just too different. In my case with my team, Chaeyeon didn't mind, Nayoung was worried, and Mina didn't like Doyeon one bit. Nonetheless, they can't stop Doyeon and I. We love each other, respect each other, and we were happy and it was the only thing that mattered.

Knowing that we only have a few more months, my time with Doyeon mattered a lot. And as time passed, that day came.

"Yoodaeng~" Doyeon called me with a pet name that only she can call me.

"Yes, Dodojjyu?" I asked her back.

"What's your dream?" She asked me.

"Well..." I began as I held her hand. "I wanted to be a team leader in our team. I also want to invest my own philanthropic organization to help marine wildlife and start business." I said.

"Wow, that's really cool." Doyeon wowed.

"How about you, Dodojjyu?" I asked her this time. "What's your dream?"

"I wanted to be a photographer, a model too." She said but I noticed her sadness. "But it's almost impossible. I'm just an ordinary person."

"It doesn't have to be that way, Dodojjyu." I sighed and cupped her face. "You can reach it. I see the potential and I can see the determination too. You can be anything you want to be."

"It's a thing I lost faith in, Yoodaeng." Doyeon pouted. "I'm stuck in here. Home is here and..." Doyeon was crying and I wipe her tears away. "...my family..."

I can understand that. I guess being the youngest daughter, leaving family could trigger her at some point. But I couldn't help but meddle a little as I want her to fulfill her dreams. I want to help her. I want to be a part of it too.

"Let me restate my dream, Dodojjyu." I said, making her face me. "I dream of those things. But most of all, I dream of you...and our future family."

I saw her shocked look. I grinned and cupped her face again.

"Am I...Am I part of your dreams, Yoodaeng??"

"You are." I said, also crying. "Ever since I met you, you've been a part of my dreams, my whole being..." I held her hand. "...and I will help you in your dreams, our dreams..."

I felt Doyeon hug me and I hugged her back. Doyeon faced me with a smile I loved to look at forever.

"But..." I began.

"But?" Doyeon asked.

"We'd have to be separated."

"Is it tomorrow?" Doyeon asked me. "You going back to the city?"

I could only nod. But I didn't want Doyeon to worry any longer. I held her hand tenderly. "Listen..." I caress her face. "... it will be for two years. I'll come back for you, I promise..."

"Two years?" Doyeon was in the brink of crying again. "Yoodaeng.. I'm not going to last a day without you..."

"Then come with me." I said.

She was silent. I should've known...

"Yoodaeng ...I can't..."

"I know you can't..." I said, hugging her tight. "And I won't force you. Family matters too."

"Don't go..." I heard Doyeon whisper and felt her hug me tight. "Stay with me..."

I couldn't. My life has been a sailor and I can't back out from this. I have to do this...for Doyeon and for our future.

"I can't force you too, huh?" She asked as she lets go. "So..." I felt her hand on my cheek. "...promise me you'll come back."

I nodded instantly and hugged her. We shared our hugs, closed out gaps, and kissed each other passionately. And somehow, a nerve has struck. I couldn't control myself as I put Doyeon down so that I was on top. The kiss was getting steamier and I felt her wrap her long arms around me. My hand snuck its way underneath Doyeon's shirt and she pushed me off. The both of us were huffing and I knew I took it too far.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay. I was out of control too." Doyeon said. "I'll come with you to the pier tomorrow."

"You don't have to. I'm off too early. You'd still be asleep by then."

Doyeon pouted. Nonetheless, she hugged me tight again. I hugged her back as I ponder of the next phase of life not being able to see Doyeon.

Those few months were too short and cliche in some perspective but the love meant everything to me. Doyeon meant a lot to me now...and I don't want to be away from her, not even a second.

***

When the sunrise came, I hastily got up, got the bouquet I prepared, and ran towards the pier. A nice-looking boat was about to dock off the pier and I wonder where Yoojung is.

Seeing four people going towards the boat, I finally saw her and went to hug her tight. She hugged me back.

"You sure do have a hard head." She remarked and I laughed.

"I'm glad I got to see you before the boat left." I smiled then gave her my bouquet. "I got these for you."

"Thanks." She smiled. "I could plant these at my garden so that they grow."

She laughed lightly. I heard the toot and I held onto Yoojung tight. I felt her hug me and pat my back and I cried.

"Take care of yourself, Dodojjyu." Yoojung spoke. "Always be careful. I love you."

"I love you too." I sniffled.

"Yoojung, come on!" I heard someone yell.

"I need to go now." Yoojung said.

"Don't go yet." I sniffled again.

"Yoojung, come on!" I heard the same yell again.

"Doyeon, I'll come back, okay?" Yoojung said as she lets go.

I continue to look at her as she walked close to the boat. But then, she stopped to come back and hug me close to herself. We shared a kiss and I held onto her too, not wanting her to go.

But she had to.

"Take care too." I said, kissing her forehead. "I love you, Yoodaeng."

"I love you too, Dodojjyu." Yoojung said a she finally lets go.

I watch her board the boat. I saw the smoke coming out of its funnel as the boat was slowly off the dock. Seeing that Yoojung wasn't far enough, I ran towards her. I saw her by the side and thanks to my long arms, I got to hold Yoojung's hand while running. She gasped.

"Doyeon-"

"Don't starve yourself! Drink milk so that you'll grow tall!" I yelled.

"Be careful. Don't flirt with other women!" She yelled back.

"Don't flirt too! I love you, Choi Yoojung!" I yelled again.

"I love you too, Kim Doyeon!"

I grew tired and I was almost at the edge and it happened. We finally let go.

I could watch the boat sail away with the love of my life. My tears still fell as I was about to face another phase of time without her by my side.

For sure, it was going to hurt like hell...

***

"Why don't you save it?"

I chuckled as Nayoung was having issues on what to do with her Facebook status of her engagement with Kyulkyung, a fellow boatwoman from our Chinese branch.

"I don't know..." Nayoung huffed. "I may assure her future but I wonder if I'm capable enough to be her future wife."

"You'll be fine." I patted her back. "Which reminds me...you need to be ready for the surprise."

I could only laugh at Nayoung as she gets ready for her surprise. Mina and Chaeyeon are helping her since I had my contribution in the flowers and everything. I was also tired so I stayed inside.

My life here in Seoul had been fine. I was alright with the usual job and the company with friends. I couldn't be happier.

But Doyeon...I miss her...

It's been a year since I saw her. With my moments here and the time spent in competitions and rest, thoughts of her would linger from what she would eat to how she had been in Jeju.

My heart would've said no worries, that somehow, everything will be just fine. Doyeon's okay and she still working there together with her family, taking care of herself, and not flirting with other women.

But no. My instincts took a toll. With that, I make a phone call.

"Ma'am, is there still a slot available for the boatwomen to compete in Jeju?"

-There's still one, Yoojung.-

"Sign me up." I said instantly.

-Okay. We leave in two days.-

I hung up and a smile plasters its way onto my face.

I will see Doyeon again...

***

I was still going on with the usual life in Jeju, counting the days of my life and the time when Yoojung will come back from Seoul.

I heeded Yoojung's warnings. I ate well, took care of myself, did the usual work at the restaurant, and prayed of Yoojung's return. But recently, there were drastic events. And it was all thanks to a guitarist by the name of Yoo Yeonjung.

She became a part time worker in our restaurant for entertainment purposes. And lately, she was bugging me non-stop. It was the most annoying thing I'd experience in my entire life.

Today, I was glad that she was off. I had the time to myself, taking pictures and going inside the photo room to develop those pictures. I soak the film and waited for the picture to reveal itself. It was a picture of Yeonjung, singing. As the photo was dry enough, I hung it up. I was about to go out when the door opened and there was Yeonjung.

I feel something eerie. And with Yeonjung's intense gaze at me, I started to cower. She was drawing closer and I wonder of what will happen when she charged at me and assaulted me ually.

"Help!!" I yelled. "Yoojung!!!"

I was stopped when her hand covered my mouth. I fight her back but she was strong. I yelled for help and kicked her snatch twice but I was weak. Then, she punches my gut, hard.

I fell. I saw her on top of me and my life flashing its way onto the dark and dirty side. I yelled and cried as Yoojung flooded on my mind, then darkness covered everything.

***

I was excited for the trip. It was a day to go before our trip to Jeju and I can't stop my excitement not only because of the competition but because I can finally see Doyeon again.

I was busy packing my stuff when a ring disrupted. I went to answer the call. "Yes?"

-Hey, Yoojung. It's Mina.-

"Mina-ya!" I cheered. "How's Dubai?"

-We just won from the competition, Yoojung.- She chuckled.

"That's great!" I cheered.

-I heard your competition in Jeju. You know what? My team and I had some celebration here in Jeju, also to watch you guys compete.-

"Omg-I can't wait to see you guys!" I said.

"Doyeon too, right?" She asked.

I coughed lightly and Mina laughs on the other line. I couldn't help my laugh as well. "Yeah. I'm dying to see her."

-Yoojung...it's the reason why I called.- Mina said and her tone changed.

"Why? Did you see her? How is she?" I asked excitedtly.

-Yoojung... something's up.- Mina sighed. -As I walked through the streets in Jeju for a little stroll, I heard that handywoman from the restaurant talking to some girls that Doyeon's with someone else.-

I laughed hard. "Nice joke, Mina. But Doyeon has heen doing well and she's careful."

-I'm serious, Choi Yoojung.- She boomed.

It hit me again. It can't be. "Mina... are you..."

-I heard it myself, Yoojung.- Mina said, panicking like I was. -You need to get here before it's too late!-

I hung up instantly. I called Coach and I was sweating bullets.

-Yoojung?-

"Ma'am, can we leave for Jeju this instant?!" I asked.

-Why?-

"It's urgent. The team from Dubai came back from the competition and they're celebrating at Jeju. Shouldn't we join them?"

I was sweating even more. I thought the excuse was too cliche but I need to get there. I need to get to Doyeon.

-Okay. We'll pick you up in ten minutes.-

I hung up and instantly got ready. I saw Nayoung coming inside and wondered of my get-up.

"Isn't the trip tomorrow?" She asked.

"It's urgent, Nayoung." I said, getting my vest. "I had to make an excuse to Coach to schedule the trip now."

"What?!" Nayoung gasped.

"Mina's at Jeju and she informed me that Doyeon's with someone else." I panicked.

"Yoojung, how could you jeopardize a last minute trip for some woman-"

"She's not just any woman, Nayoung!" I defended. "I love Doyeon."

"And she doesn't love you back? That's just insane." Nayoung snickers.

"That's not true. She loves me too!" I yelled.

"If she did, she wouldn't go out with someone else." Nayoung batted. "Oh don't get shocked. Mina told me everything."

I had no time to be shocked. I need to go now. "That's why I need to stop it." I only huffed and left my room.

***

I couldn't be ed up, not until the time I saw Yoojung's fellow boatwoman here in Jeju. What made me cringe was that she just saw me and Yeonjung at the seashore.

I was at the restaurant with a celebration with my sisters and her. Sejeong and Chungha noticed those interactions and they would've thought Yeonjung and I had a thing. For Sohye, she couldn't care less.

Yeonjung wouldn't stop bugging me and I had this sort of weird feeling when I was with her. Yeonjung confessed to me she had feelings for me and in one snap, we were like magnets.

But no. It was all so different and all so wrong.

Yoojung? Well, I haven't heard of her and lately. Despite of the incident, my patience of her return had withered. Also, I had to protect her against someone who's messed up.

Me.

Now, it was like my feelings towards Yoojung were gone...

*slam*

"Doyeon!"

It hit me. I looked behind and there was Yoojung.

"Yoojung..."

"Yoojung, let's go." Her fellow boatwoman said, stopping her.

All parts of my weary heart felt happy. For me, Yeonjung's 'love' was insignificant and Yoojung took over again. I could cry. Finally, my Yoodaeng has returned.

"Dodojjyu..." Yoojung was crying as she let herself go to get closer to me.

"Yoodaeng..." I went closer too.

"Doyeon." Yeonjung grabbed my arm before I could take a step. "Remember what we agreed..."

This was a disaster. It pained me to the bone as I could only cry silently. I can't believe I let myself do this mess. I should've been careful and patient.

"Yoojung, right?" Chungha asked, facing Yoojung. "You're disrupting a family celebration. Sorry. The restaurant's closed. Come back tomorrow."

"No! D-Dodojjyu, this is a mistake, right?!" Yoojung struggled.

I could only cry. I saw Sejeong going towards Yoojung and clutched her shirt.

"Sejeong, no!" I cried.

"Leave." I heard Sejeong say to Yoojung.

"But...you..." Yoojung mumbled.

"You left my sister for too long." I heard Sejeong say to her. "You're too late, Yoojung."

"Doyeon, the both of you are through, right?" Chungha asked. "She left you. And besides, I told you, she's not the one for you."

"Dodojjyu!!" Yoojung yelled as she cried.

I couldn't say anything. I continued to sob.

Yoojung...my Yoodaeng... I'm so sorry...

"We are." I faced Yoojung and she froze. "You..." I tell her. "...you need to leave..."

It fell into place again. I cried so hard as I heard Yoojung's sobs as Sejeong forced her to get out.

I could feel Yeonjung hug me and I sobbed endlessly. I felt Yeonjung kiss my cheek and heard Yoojung's cries.

Yoojung-ah...my love...forgive me...

I was selfish. I didn't give Yoojung a chance. With that, I was so sorry...

***

"Yah, Yoojung. We need to go."

"No!" I slammed the door. "Don't make me leave this place. I'll never forgive you if you will make me leave!"

"Yoojung, you still have a competition tomorrow. You need to rest if you want to win." Mina said as she was pulling me. "Didn't you see a while ago, Yoojung?! That handywoman, Sejeong was it?" She pulled me harder but I resisted. "She's going to kick your again! We need to go now!"

"No! I need Doyeon to talk to me! Please, I need to see her!!" I cried.

"Yoojung-"

"No!" I slammed the door again. "No..." I sniffled. "Doyeon!! Doyeon-ah!! Dodojjyu, please talk to me!!"

It was nighttime in Jeju and here I am with Mina outside the restaurant. I continued to cry and slam the door. I was literally pouring my tears out, my brain all confused and dismantled of the sudden events.

"Why are you with that woman?! Doyeon, please, talk to me!! Please!" I continued to slam the door and resist Mina's pulls. "Doyeon! Doyeon, open the doors and talk to me!"

I force myself off of Mina's grasp and went towards the windows. "Doyeon, explain yourself! Please get out for a while and talk to me! Doyeon!!"

It lasted for a long long time. I'm not stopping. I...I need to know why...I just had to know...

Doyeon-ah...why...

***

I huffed and wiped my tears forcefully as I heard Yoojung's cries outside the restaurant. Yeonjung and Sejeong heard it too and Sejeong grew mad.

"That's bull." Sejeong hissed. "I need to settle this madness."

Sejeong went outside. With her sudden despise towards Yoojung, she might hurt her. I can't let that happen. I went to follow her when Yeonjung stopped me.

"There's nothing you can do, Doyeon. You're only going to make her suffer even more." She whispered.

I cared nonetheless. As Yeonjung's grip loosened, I let go and walked slowly towards the door, hearing their conversation.

"Yoojung." I heard Sejeong.

"Sejeong, I need to speak to Doyeon. Please, I beg of you. Let me talk to her." Yoojung pleaded.

"Yoojung, you need to go home."

"No... I'm not leaving not until I can speak to Doyeon..." I heard Yoojung's cries and it kills me even more.

"Doyeon's with someone else now. Don't interfere with our lives, especially hers. Forget about my sister, Yoojung!" Sejeong yelled.

"Yah! What did I do wrong?! You...you said I was worthy, Sejeong! Why are you doing this to me?!"

"You came back too late. And besides, she doesn't want to go out to talk to you. Go home, Yoojung..." Sejeong said as I closed the window. "I beg of you..."

I saw Sejeong already inside and I could only cry, hearing Yoojung's sniffles until it lessened. I guess she must've left. If not, her friend dragged her out quietly.

I could only obey Sejeong as she lets me and Yeonjung have some rest.

***

"Get your together, Yoojung!" Mina yelled. "It's over."

I shook my head and continued to cry. It would take me a lifetime to get my head together. I just don't know what to do without Doyeon. To be completely honest, this sudden event made me lose my stand.

"What's the use?" I hissed and threw my stuff on the bed. "I came here for nothing..."

"You still have a competition tomorrow. You better get your head back in the game, Yoojung!"

"So what about it? I only came here because of Doyeon. Now my little trip is all for nothing." I hissed.

"You're like a . Not like, you ARE a . Losing that woman is not the end of the world for you. You can start over." Mina ranted. "Besides, you can still get a glimpse of her at the competition, with her being a photographer and all."

It hit me. Mina was right. And besides, I came here for the competition. Maybe Mina has a point. Maybe I should start over.

"Fine." I huffed.

"I'm going home after the competition. Wanna join me?" Mina asked.

"Sure." I nodded.

***

I heard a boat racing competition coming around the island and being a photographer, I wanted to go and take pictures.

But no. That's not the reason. I have to see her. I have to.

"Choi Yoojung."

I gulped as I watched my Yoodaeng face off with her opponents for her competition. Despite of the incident, I went to watch the competition myself. I brought my camera to take pictures of her.

I watched the whole competition row its way and everyone was cheering, even I got to cheer for Yoojung. I wowed as I watch her row fast despite of her short arms. Nonetheless, I watch her beat her opponents up and won.

Afterwards, I raced to where she was heading. I saw her with her fellow boatwoman from yesterday and waited for her to go. I saw her off and Yoojung was alone, giving me my chance to talk to her.

"Yoodaeng." I called.

She instantly faced me and I instantly hugged her tight. She didn't hug me back. I understood that. It was my fault after all.

I broke to get a look at her. She was still the cutest and the prettiest I've seen. I was so happy she won. But seeing her expressionless face, I lower my head in shame.

"Talk to me. Explain everything to me." She demanded. "What happened to your promise, Doyeon?!"

"Yoodaeng-"

"Don't call me that ever again." Yoojung sniffled.

"Yoojung...it's hard for me to explain everything now. You're going to look at me differently if I did..." I began then I hugged her. "But I'm so happy that I saw you again..."

I broke and Yoojung looked away. I let her face me and I cried for mercy. "Yoojung...I didn't mean for it to happen...please..." I cupped her face. "...don't hate me...I love you so much..."

Yoojung was still mad. I cried in front of her as I lean my forehead onto hers. "Whatever happens...I love you..."

"What is this?!" Yoojung pushes herself away. "I need an explanation not your sympathy! Doyeon!" She held my hand tight. "Tell me!!"

"I can't. I don't want to burden you because of me. I'm the problem, Yoojung!" I cried.

"Then why?! Why did it have to be like this?! You want me to understand but you won't talk to me. How am I supposed to accept that?!" Yoojung cried back.

"Yoojung-"

"That's enough!" Yoojung yelled. "I guess those months were too short for the both of us. I guess it wasn't the right time. It hurts, Doyeon..." Yoojung sniffled and balled her fist by the side. "...you even broke our promise..."

"Yoojung-ah, I-"

"Stop. Just stop." Yoojung wipes her own tears away. "Just go. Besides, I'm leaving the island and go back to the city..." Yoojung faced away from me. "...and I'm never coming back."

No...

"Yoojung, you can't!" I stopped and held her hand.

"Goodbye, Doyeon..."

She lets go and ran away. I could only go back home and cry, watching the love of my life slip through my fingers.

I walked away with a heavy heart and anger seeping in my veins of the incident that changed everything and it made me lose everything.

It made me lose Yoojung.

***

The competition was over about a day ago. I would've thought I'd join Mina and go back home with her to Seoul but her trip was delayed for two days. I had no choice but to stay in Jeju. And I have to bear the fact that Doyeon is around the corner.

"Yah, she's taking your picture again." Mina mumbled.

"Who cares?" I hissed. "She should be ashamed. She has her girlfriend watching her like a hawk. I might become hawk bait and get my kicked."

"Hey, I heard from that handywoman again." Mina spoke.

"Her name's Sejeong." I corrected.

"I heard Sejeong saying that Doyeon and her woman will move out of Jeju." She added.

"Where?" I asked.

"That's the part that I don't know." Mina answered. "Aren't you..."

"For someone who's my friend." I could slap her face. "I don't care anymore."

I stood to that this time. If she can give up on me, then I can with her.

Two can play at that game...

***

I would've thought I cannot leave this island. But with Chungha's aid, I was forced to. I was pissed at first, especially mentioning that Yoojung was a threat. Nonetheless, I had to obey.

Yeonjung got our bags as I watch my sisters with sad faces. Sohye ran back and cried as Chungha went to her aid, leaving Sejeong.

"You need to go. We don't know how long Yoojung stays here and with you here, matters will go for the worst." Sejeong said. "It is also important that she won't find out where you'll go."

"Okay, unnie." Yeonjung said. "We shall go now."

"Sejeong...take care of yourselves." I cried.

"No, Doyeon-ah..." She holds my shoulders and cried too. "YOU take care of yourself..."

"Don't worry, Sejeong." Yeonjung said, facing Sejeong. "I won't put Doyeon in any harm."

"You make sure of that." Sejeong said. "Because if anything happens to Doyeon, my sisters and I will take her back."

"I won't let that happen," said Yeonjung. "You have my word. I will take care of her."

I shared one last hug with Sejeong and I sobbed. She lets go and I would hug her again. But then, we had to go. I could only cry while waving at Sejeong as I say a goodbye not only to Yoojung, but to my family as well.

The trip didn't took a little longer but Yeonjung took me to Incheon and we got to a big yet shabby house. I couldn't complain. A house is still a house.

"This is where you will live, Doyeon." Yeonjung smiles at me. "This is where we'll start over."

I nodded and Yeonjung and I went inside. She toured me around as soon as I got our stuff down. She told me everything, from her mother's occupation to her aspiration as a singer.

"Why did you work at Jeju if you had an opportunity in Seoul?" I asked.

"It was just a part-time. I came to Jeju to solace myself far from the city, like a vacation." She said.

"A year-long vacation?" I asked again.

"Yeah. Almost like that." She answered.

I noticed a girl coming inside, greeting Yeonjung and I.

"Yeonjung-ah, have you two eaten?" She asked.

"Not yet, Dayoung." She said. "Oh, this is my girlfriend, Doyeon."

"Hello, Doyeon." Dayoung offered a hand.

I didn't shake that hand and she sighed, placing it back on her side.

"Dayoung, can you prepare something for us, please?" Yeonjung asked her.

She nodded and went back. Yeonjung offers me to sit down and I did. My legs were tired anyways.

"Dayoung lost her family in a fire so she stayed here. If she did marry Yeoreum, her girlfriend, she'd be off with her. So..." She began and I felt her hold my arm. "...this house will be ours."

I didn't say anything. Yeonjung kept babbling of our future, a future that was supposed to be meant for me and Yoojung. And I had to mess that future up because of what happened.

***

"You're not participating?!"

"Ne." I nodded.

"But Yoojung, you're the best boatwoman on the team. You can't quit the next competition." Nayoung said.

"I've had enough of this, Nayoung." I said as I packed my stuff. "I guess this dream was just a blur."

"Yoojung-"

"Peace." I said and left our room.

I was now outside the stadium, heading towards where my feet will take me. For now, I could go back to my parents and take a break. But I won't start instantly. I need to settle things, both my physical and mental state.

I cried as I left just because I won't participate. Being a boatwoman had been my passion, my source of income, and a foundation of my whole being. But recently, I didn't feel that anymore. What reason should I accept to stay anyways?

The real reason why I refused to participate...is because of Doyeon...

I could thank the stars that I was a boatwoman. With the opportunity, I met the love of my life. But also with that, I lost her.

Mina was right about this. I should move on.

I'll be starting another life without Doyeon.

***

I couldn't count the seconds ticking by anymore. The next thing I know, I woke up to a sunny day in a city and the sight of Yoo Yeonjung, playing the guitar while she sang.

Dayoung left the house months ago. Now, Yeonjung and I had the house to ourselves and lived together. At first, I cringed of Yeonjung's presence because of the incident. She remembers it like I did, asking for forgiveness and wanting to start over. I couldn't help but accept that. After all that had happened, she had done nothing but good to me.

I couldn't help my smile as Yeonjung continued to play as she looked at me. She smiled back, putting her guitar down as she went to kiss my cheek. I could only give off smiles and little touches and I was happy Yeonjung considered those gestures enough to make her day.

That went on for a while. In fact, I start to open up to her from time to time. Although, that has happened, Yoojung? She was always in my heart.

I wonder how she's doing now...?

Weeks turned into months for me and Yeonjung and she had to go for a world tour as a singer.

"You can come with me, Doyeon." Yeonjung insisted.

"It's fine, Yeonjung. Besides, I'll be staying with my sisters. They're moving here." I said to her.

"Okay." Yeonjung nodded. "Shall I take you to their place before I go?"

I nodded. Yeonjung got her stuff inside her car as I also packed some of mine. I got inside the car as Yeonjung drove to an address Chungha sent for me.

As we got out, I was excited. I got to see the three of them and I gave them right hugs.

"When did you come here? Have you eaten? How are you, Doyeon?" Chungha would ask a ton of questions.

"Is Yeonjung around?" Sejeong asked next.

"Yes. She's outside. She will be leaving for a world tour." I answered.

I went out and Yeonjung was waiting. I told her to come in for a moment but she said that she has to go. I saw Yeonjung hop off her car and she hugged me. I hug her back.

"Take care of yourself, Doyeon." She said.

"I will." I answered. "Good luck on your world tour."

"I will." She smiled. "I love you."

"Love you too." I spoke softly.

"See you soon, Yeonjung." Chungha waved.

Sejeong and Sohye waved silently. Yeonjung nodded as she got in. She gave a little smile at us before she drove away.

I look back at my sisters. I'm so happy I finally got to a new home with them. I joined them inside as I start another phase of life with them.

***

I huffed as the sea breeze slaps my face again. The team and I are at Busan for aother competition and with the team losing an extra member due to an injury, I had no choice but to participate.

The routine was of the usual. Practices, dinners, more practices and more dinners. Even though Doyeon was off to God knows where, I moved on.

Today, I was rowing towards the ocean and back when Mina waved by the shore. I docked my boat and wondered of her look. She was panicking.

"What is it, Mina?" I asked.

"It's Doyeon's sister, the dishwasher...Sohye was it?"

"That's her. Why?" I asked again.

"She's in a critical state, Yoojung. She has the flu." Mina answered.

I didn't answer. I gasped. How did Sohye get to Seoul? Does that mean Doyeon's in Seoul too?

What do I care? There was no way I'd let myself get involved with Doyeon's life. Not again.

"Coach called us for a meeting. Right now." Mina said.

I nodded and followed her back to the homestay. As we arrived, we sat down as Coach discussed something.

"Seoul National Hospital gave us a solicitation letter. It says that a patient there got the flu and they ask for financial support." She began. "Alright, guys. Let's help this person."

"Who could that be?" Nayoung asked us.

"I heard it's from a Kim sister." Chaeyeon said.

"Yes. It's Kim Sohye, Kim Doyeon's sister, the dishwasher from KimShab." Mina added. "I heard it from some gossip."

"Whatever. Let's just help." Yoojung said, getting a bundle of cash from her bag. "We're elites here. We should give."

All of them had some amount to give, with Yoojung and Mina giving the largest amount any of them could give. Their Coach was smiling of their act of kindness as she went out to give the money to the sender.

As it finished, so did the meeting. The four friends went out first and discussed of their dinner for this day when Mina noticed Yoojung's look.

"What's up? Are you worried about Doyeon?"

"Hmm..." I hummed. "Maybe I am."

***


 

I was losing myself for the umpteenth time as Yeonjung didn't answer Chungha's phone.

I am with Sejeong and Chungha, together with a lifeless Sohye. Sohye fainted last week and she hasn't woken up since then. We were so worried, not just with the flu, but the expenses inside the hospital.

I try to call Yeonjung to send us some money but she wouldn't answer. I texted her but she didn't reply for the past weeks. The problem we were facing was that Sohye was in the hospital for almost a month and the hospital was demanding that we should pay or else Sohye will be forced to be healed to another hospital.

We were stopped from our frantic states when the doctor came in. I called Chungha to deal with it as I stayed with Sejeong to watch Sohye.

"What are they talking about?" I asked.

"I don't know." Sejeong sighed then she gasped. "Wait a second, is that a envelope?"

I looked to see Chungha holding an envelope and she was crying. I saw her bow at the Mayor before going back inside. Sejeong asked what was going on as Chungha showed us an envelope filled with a lot of money.

"Chungha, where did you..." Sejeong and I gasped.

"The doctor gave it to us. She took concern of Sohye's condition and she asked for a solicitation." Chungha was tearing up. "This could help Sohye with her recovery."

"That's a lot, Chungha. Who would donate that amount?" Sejeong asked.

Chungha lowered her head and I grew worried like Sejeong. She faces us and sighed. "The doctor told me that this was from a team of boatwomen."

Boatwomen? Could it be...

"Send that back, Chungha." Sejeong hissed. "There's no way we're using that."

"No." I said, making them look at me. "It's their act of kindness towards a sick woman, our sister. Accept it."

I grabbed the envelope and went to the financing area to pay. I watch the clerk count the money as I hesitated. I wonder as I went by the counter again. "How is it?"

"Miss Doyeon, what you paid will cover up Miss Sohye's expenses and the medicine she needs for recovery."

"You mean...she'll be okay?" I asked.

"Yes. It'll be enough to let the patient fully recover."

I could thank her a lot. I went outside to relieve myseld from this overwhelming feeling. I was so happy. My sister is going to be fine.

I wonder...if Yoojung did this with her friends...or maybe I'm just assuming...

But no. With her presence in front of me, it must be true. "Yoojung..."

There she was. I never thought I'd see her again. I never thought she had gone prettier. I saw her look at me and I rushed towards her.

But then, she walked past me. I gulp. I look back at her and she went inside another building, just next to the hospital. My heart said that I should run after her and make amends for everything that has happened. But my mind and body? They built my inhibition towards its highest point.

I could only cry. I can't believe I can't be with her again.

***

Meeting Doyeon at the hospital again felt as if fate wanted me to try my luck in winning her back. But at the time, I didn't have luck with me, let alone the courage. I thought of that and I just accepted it. Maybe it was better that way.

During the days, I focused on a line of competitions. I took priority of winning and taking my team to victory, in which I gladly did. During those times of holding an oar and manipulating a boat, I let my soul be soaked into my passion. Distractions were never expected, even the fact that Doyeon would come to the café next to the hospital and took pictures. It's weird. Doesn't she have Yeonjung already?

Oh wait. She hasn't come back yet. Mina heard it from the locals that Yeonjung hasn't come back for almost three years. I despised her. Why isn't she responsible for Doyeon?

But who am I to care? I had no right.

Competitions were over yet we didn't celebrate. I liked it, especially when Chaeyeon, Mina, and Nayoung can relax.

I was drinking coffee from my usual spot. I got myself two crepes to eat when I saw Doyeon. I stopped, ate and drank hastily and went out when I was stopped by her.

"What are you doing here, Doyeon?" I asked.

"I came to give these pictures of you." She said, handing me an envelope and her camera." And I decided to give these to you since I don't know how to use it anymore."

"How weird of you to give them to me." I said yet I accepted the envelope. "But you need the camera more than I do."

"I can't keep it anymore. You take it, Yoojung." Doyeon insisted.

"I used to say that before, back when I held my first oar." I said. "Everything we do, everything we sense, even if you let go of it for so long, you won't forget it." I look away. "Just like my love for you..."

"Yoojung..."

"Doyeon..." I held her hand. "Why did you let go? We promised each other, right? Why did you let go of that promise?!"

"Yoojung, you're hurting me-"

"What you did hurt me more. You killed me, Doyeon!" I yelled, holding her tight as my tears flowed out. "We swore to be together and aspire on our dreams but why did you let go and break your promise?!"

Doyeon cried too, looking away. I grew mad. "I'm only alive because of hate. I wake up every day just to reach those dreams, to keep my part of that promise, and to slap that fact on your face that you were wrong of leaving me and replacing me!"

She cried and looked down on me like I was someone pitiful. I snickered of that gesture. "But I'm still the loser. When I see you, I root the fact to myself that I lost. And when I saw you with Yeonjung and the despised look of your sisters..."

I couldn't say anything anymore as I face away and sobbed. I wipe my tears off like a kid and I try to get my head up and stand on my ground.

"Despite of all that has happened, the love was still there." I sniffled. "I still love you, Doyeon."

I've cried too much. I've said too much. It's about time I stop this.

"I still love you, Yoojung."

I'm hearing things. It can't be. Not again...

"Yoodaeng..." I gasped as I felt arms around me and felt a kiss by my head. "I love you..."

With a snap of God's hand, I face Doyeon slowly, reaching to hold Doyeon's precious face. And when she felt them and held my hands, my weary heart beated again.

She leaned her forehead towards mine as she looked at me with those teary yet precious eyes. I couldn't avert my eyes nor my movements. The gaps have closed and we share our love through a passionate kiss.

Doyeon didn't stop as much as I did. And in fact, I never planned on stopping. With this, I felt a new hope and I swore not to lose her again.

***

That meeting with Yoojung was a moment I could never forget. It also felt surreal but I was happy to see her again, let alone be with her.

It was also wrong. There was Yeonjung. She might come back but she hasn't come back for so long because of her world tour so I should wait. But three years? It was already a long time. Maybe she wasn't meant to come back anymore, a more solid reason to get close to Yoojung again.

Yoojung and I were at the Han River. It was a bit different because it was smaller and the point is not like the sea but it's still nice. As usual, I brought my camera and took pictures of everything that satisfies my vision.

"Dodojjyu!" I heard Yoojung as she was playing by the sea. "Take a picture of me."

I sighed. Yoojung was so cute. Nonetheless, I took a photo of her. She went closer to me and I guess she had seen my down look.

"What's wrong, Dodojjyu?" She asked. "Are you still thinking about your sisters?"

"No." I said. "I am thinking of why I came back here."

"To be with me." She smiled.

"Yoodaeng..." I held her hands. "I don't know why I'm worried. Sejeong and Chungha should be alright but Sohye's in the hospital due to a flu. It's eating my conscience."

"Dodojjyu..." I felt her hold my hand. "You came here with me because you need me. Doyeon, don't be scared to say that you need me. You can't be the only one who takes care of people and worry. Someone also needs to take care and to worry of you." I felt her hold my face and we face each other. "That's why I'm here, Dodojjyu..."

"Yoodaeng..."

"Dodojjyu, I know you're tired. You've sacrificed a lot, worry a lot, and you even put yourself at risk." Yoojung began. "Let me take care of you. Let me be there for you. I want to take care of you and your family."

"Yoojung, I..."

"Come with me." She said and I felt my heart grow bigger. "Despite of their treatment towards me, I still accepted them. Let me be a part of your while being again, Doyeon."

"Yoojung!"

We turned around and I gulped. It was her friend from the restaurant and another person.

"Nayoung. Mina." Yoojung gasped.

"We came to your house to get you back but you said you were here." The tall one huffed. "And what are you doing here with her?"

"I want to stroll Doyeon around." Yoojung reasoned.

"Have you forgotten? The person you're with has someone else." Her friend from the restaurant said.

"Well, that's done!" Yoojung yelled.

"So your think you're just going to accept her again? Look at yourself, Yoojung! You're lost in this madness because of her!" The tall woman yelled and pointed at me.

"Wait a second, I'm not manipulating Yoojung and this isn't madness." I defended.

"Really now? Watch your words, Doyeon. Because your actions tore my friend's mind. You deserve to be blamed." Her friend said.

"Mina, you're helping me off?!" Yoojung yelled. "You better eat your ing words! No one speaks to Doyeon like that!!"

"I warned you, Yoojung!" The tall woman yelled as her friend pulled her away. "Leave her!"

My previous sin came to bite at my . I watch her friends leave and Yoojung was furious. I watch her face and gave me a worried look.

"Dodojjyu, they're wrong. Don't listen to them. I'm sorry for the both of them." She said.

"You know what? They're right, Yoodaeng." I huffed. "Yoojung, I need to go back. My family needs me."

"Doyeon-ah, wait!" I was stopped by her hand. "Doyeon...please..."

I pull myself away from Yoojung despite of her pleas. This was all wrong. I shouldn't have connected with Yoojung in the first place.

***

I was trapped in my room. With the incident with Doyeon, Nayoung locked my room so that I have no chance of getting out to see her.

I was furious. They can't do this to me. I'm not some goddamn animal to be trapped in here. I need to get out. I need to see Doyeon.

I heard footsteps and wondered who it was. "Who's there?!"

"Yoojung, here's your food." It was Chaeyeon.

"Chaeyeon, get me out of here!!" I yelled.

"I can't." She answered.

"Please! I need to see Doyeon!" I yelled.

"No, Yoojung!" She yelled back.

"Then get my tray of food inside, then?" I asked.

I heard a click and made way for Chaeyeon to get in. As she got inside, I snatched her keys. "Bye!"

"CHOI YOOJUNG!" She yelled and chased me.

I smirked. Chaeyeon cannot outrun me. She can't even run a mile. Nonetheless, I made a run for it. I need to get to her. I need to.

The run towards my car didn't last long as I rode to an address Doyeon said to me. I had to be careful so that her sisters won't know that I was around. I run in the back, seeing Doyeon by the balcony. I call her lightly while I threw a rock at the balcony to get her attention.

"Yoojung?!" She gasped.

I didn't give a as I climbed and got to her. She tackles me for a hug. I hug her back.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me.

"Running away..." I huffed. "...and I want you to come with me."

"Yoojung, what are you talking about-"

"Run away with me." I said again. "You won't have to worry anymore. We can finally be together."

"Yoojung-ah..."

"Dodojjyu..." I said, cupping her face. "...I love you. I want to be with you."

I wait for her answer. When she cried, I wipe her tears away. "I want to be with you too."

"Dodojjyu..." I smiled.

"Can I pack my stuff?" She asked.

"Doyeon-ah!" I gasped with Doyeon as we heard Sejeong's voice.

"Doyeon-ah, we're back. We just came from the hospital. Sohye's released."

"Yoojung, you need to go!" She quietly yelled.

"But you're going to run away with me, right?" I asked and she nodded

She gave me a kiss. "I'll sneak out. Will you wait for me?"

"Of course." I nodded.

I went to kiss her again and went down stealthily. "Meet me at the next block. I'm at a black car."

Doyeon nodded and I ran off out of sight, running towards a spot where I parked my car.

I got inside and sat down and waited for her. I pray she gets here soon.

***

I took some time to think, all while I welcome my sisters back, especially Sohye. I look around the house and at the bedroom I stayed in. I looked at the pictures with the memories I had. I even noticed my ring, two rings to be exact.

One was from Yoojung and the other was from Yeonjung. I got Yeonjung's ring and placed it inside the drawer and got Yoojung's in my finger.

As I start packing my things in a little duffel bag, I made my choice.

I'm running away with the love of my life.

"Doyeon, what's with the get-up?" Sejeong asked me.

"Where are you going, Doyeon?" Sejeong noticed my bag.

"Yeah, where are you going?" Chungha asked me again.

"To go sailing and take pictures. Can I?" I asked them.

"Why do you want to go sailing in an afternoon? It's hot outside." Sohye reasoned.

"It's nicer. I get to see the sunset this time." I reasoned back.

"I just got here, Doyeon. Come on. Let's have some quality time." Sohye said.

"How about next time?" I got my bag and excused myself.

"Doyeon." Chungha called. "Yeonjung has returned."

I froze. Why now?! I thought she wasn't coming back anymore!

"What?!"

I heard footsteps. I didn't pay any heed as I stormed out when I stopped. I saw Yeonjung and Dayoung.

.

"Doyeon, where are you going?" Dayoung asked me. "We're back~"

Yeonjung looked intently at me. She told Dayoung to leave us for a bit and faced me. "Doyeon-ah, where are you going?"

"Shopping." I said.

I excused myself, disregarding her return. I was about to go when she held my hand. No. She gripped it like crushing fruit.

"I saw that Yoojung by the square, sleeping in her car." She said and I shook. "Are you planning to run away with her? Huh?!"

I cussed on my head. How could Yeonjung know so well?

"No. I'm not going to run away with her." I lied.

"Then explain the duffel bag. You only bring your tote bag when you shop, Doyeon. And an afternoon?! That's unlikely of you." Yeonjung growled lightly and gazed angrily at me. "Answer me, Doyeon!"

"Yeonjung? Doyeon?"

Yeonjung and I looked to see Sohye. Sejeong, Chungha, and Dayoung were right behind them. I felt Yeonjung loosen her grip.

I cry inside. Yoodaeng is waiting for me...

"May I talk to Doyeon alone?" She asked.

Sohye had a questionable look when she grew weak. Sejeong and Chungha had to get her inside as Dayoung went with, leaving me with Yeonjung.

"Yeonjung, can I go?" I asked.

"No!" Yeonjung grew angrier. "You're lying of going shopping, Doyeon. It's that Yoojung, that ex-lover of yours, isn't it?!"

I was silenced. Yeonjung should get my answer by now.

"She was here when I left, wasn't she?! You guys meet each other when I left you here?!" Yeonjung kept on asking her as her anger went high as the notes she would sing.

"Answer me." She demanded, gripping my arm again. "Answer me, Kim Doyeon!!"

"Yes." I answered and my tears flowed out again.

She lets go and she was damned of what I've done.

"You were gone for three years, Yeonjung!! A lot has happened! Sohye was sick in the hospital and we thought we'd lose her! Sejeong, Chungha, and I worked our asses out just to save her. You didn't send us money nor checked on us because your were so ing busy!" I erupted.

"So Yoojung helped you guys out?" She asked, her tears flowing out too. "And you dated again, huh?!!"

"She and her friends helped me so that I can get to help Sohye. Also..." I faced her. "...I went back to the person that I first loved and I will always love..." I cried again. "Despite of what happened because of what you did, Yoojung never left me. Unlike you, she was always worried for me and my family. Most of all, she loved me even though I had no more chances of loving her back because of this sin."

I pictured out Yoojung, all alone in the car, worrying if I can make it there. For Yeonjung, she was teary but her look was infuriating.

"I can't believe you. You even had the guts to say that sin to me." She hissed and gripped my hand hard.

"Yeonjung-"

"Unnie!" I heard her call Chungha as she responded. "We're going home for now. Thanks for keeping her company!"

"No problem!" Chungha yelled back.

Her grip on me was still tight. She pulled me towards the car and forced me to get in. "You're going home with me and you're not seeing that Yoojung ever again!"

Yeonjung drove the car back to our home. I try to stop her but she was persistent. When we got to our home, she pulled me and shoved me inside our room, locking the door.

"Yeonjung! Let me out!" I cried while knocking the door hard. "Yeonjung, open the door! Let me out of here, please!!"

I heard a slam on the door. I could also hear Yeonjung crying loudly. "And then what?! You'll come with that Yoojung and run away with her?!! Try me, Doyeon...and you'll never see your family again! And you'll see Yoojung when she's dead!"

"No!" I cried again. "Not my sisters, not Yoojung, please!!"

"If you go and run away with that woman..." Yeonjung huffed. "... I'll convince Chungha and the rest of your sisters to move overseas...and you'll never see them again!! Also..." I gasped, hearing a click from a gun. "... I'll hunt down Yoojung...and I will kill her..."

She pushed me onto my limit. With my loved ones involved, I can't risk them...

"I'll do anything you say..." I cried as I kneeled by the door. "...just don't separate me from my sisters. D-Don't kill Yoojung...please!!"

I heard breaking of glass. I continued to cry as I embrace a life secluded from my freedom and without Yoojung once again.

***

I woke up from that nightmare. I looked to see that it was already nighttime. I wonder where Doyeon was.

"Huh? Yoojung?!"

I looked to the side and saw familiar faces. I took another look and it was a familiar girl.

"Hey..." I pointed. "...you're that dishwasher in the restaurant..."

"Sohye!" I heard Sejeong's voice. "Who are you talking to?"

"You!" I saw the owner drawing closer and slapped my face. "You dare to come here again?! You even had the guts to destroy my sister's thinking of running away with you!!"

Oh no. How did her sisters find out?

Yeonjung.

I clenched my fist. "She said she'll run away with me."

"Yah." Sejeong faced me and clenched my collar again. "I thought you were ridden off of this place. Why did you come here?!"

"To bring your sister back to me..." I grunted.

A punch lands its way to my face. I was seeing stars as Sejeong clenched my collar again. "She's not coming, Yoojung. She said so."

"No..." I huffed. "You forced her to say that."

"You think we'd let her go with a woman like you?!" The owner asked. "You're not worthy for my sister! She has Yeonjung anyways."

"No..." I huffed again. "I love your sister...and she loves me too..."

"Sejeong, deal with her. Sohye! Let's go." The owner said.

Sohye was stopping herself from being dragged out but her sister kept insisting. I face Sejeong again and she huffed.

"I'm sorry, Yoojung." She said.

A sickening pop made its was onto the gut and my world went dismantled in seconds, just a my heart did...

Dodojjyu...you broke your promise again...how could you...

I heard my name being called. I saw worried faces. I couldn't sense anything. I became weak. I became hopeless. I became all over again.

Yoodaeng...I love you...

"D-Dodojjyu..." I mumbled and my world darkened.

***

I lived with Yeonjung since then, always obeying everything she said and giving her what she wanted. Nonetheless, she did her all to apologize and repay me through her kindness.

I was washing the dishes when I felt Yeonjung grip my arm. It hurt like hell.

"Whose ring is this?!" She asked. "This is from Yoojung, isn't it? Where's your ring from me?! Throw this garbage and wear mine!"

I nodded as Yeonjung got rid of that ring and threw it away. I was forced to get the ring in the drawer and I put it on my finger.

Yeonjung came back and assaulted me with a choke on my neck. I gulped. "Y-Yeonjung..."

"You're mine, all mine! You understand?!" She huffed. "And you're not searching for that garbage!"

I pushed myself away and searched the bin for it. Due to its shine, I managed to find it. I forced Yeonjung's ring off and placed Yoojung's back.

"What are you doing?!" Yeonjung got a stick and charged.

"Try me, Yeonjung!" I yelled and she froze. "I would've sworn you were kind, just like what my sisters liked about you. But you're like a cocky son of a !"

"What did you say?!" Yeonjung slapped my face. "You better get that garbage off of your finger, you understand?!!"

"No!" I said through gritted teeth. "I try to convince myself to love you for the sake of my sisters! So don't you dare test me. If you hurt me one more time, I'll tell my sisters of what you did to me!" Now I was the one going mad and Yeonjung was frozen. "I'll tell them what kind of a you are!"

Yeonjung froze and lets go of me slowly. I had to get the in her ing head. "Don't forget that you caused this mess, to think my sisters trusted you. You me, Yeonjung. That's why you have no right to stop me from the fact that I can't love you and that I love Yoojung and nobody else!"

I stormed off. I don't how or why it occured to me just now but I can't stand this. I need to get out of here. I need to find Yoojung. I need to be with her again.

"Where are you going?" Yeonjung stormed in and asked.

"I'm leaving. I don't want to live this hell of a life anymore. I'm going to see my family but most of all..." I began as I shoved clothes inside my suitcase. "... I will find Yoojung and be with her."

"You're not going anywhere!" She stopped me, blocking the door. "I'm bound to you, you understand that?"

I was frozen. I saw Yeonjung throwing my suitcase away as she faces me, holding my hand. "You're not leaving...you can't leave..." I saw tears flowing out of her eyes. "Don't leave me, Doyeon..."

"Yeonjung..."

"Doyeon, we're a couple. No matter what happens, you're my girlfriend." I felt her hand on my face. "I care nonetheless of your desires. I'll respect that. But please stay with me...I love you..."

I saw Yeonjung's sincerity. That incident was just a blur for Yeonjung. She must've been consumed by her temptation but in reality, she's doing her best to understand me, to take care of me, and to love me.

I pull myself off of her touch and left the room to sit by the couch. Maybe I won't open up myself to Yeonjung but at least I need to do a favor by staying with her.

And besides, I can't come back to Yoojung. I don't want to break her all over again.

***

"Yoojung?"

I was seeing white. Then, my vision went blurry. I adjusted my eyes and I shook my head just to get the surroundings clear. I blinked a couple of times until I saw Mina, Chaeyeon, and Nayoung.

Flashes of that incident by the streets hit me that I jolted, calling Doyeon's name like a mantra. Chaeyeon patted my back, Mina was trying to get my together, and Nayoung sighed, getting my bag.

"What happened? What's with the bags? Where's Doyeon??" I sniffled.

"You got jacked up, that's what happened." Nayoung hissed. "For a midget, you have a thick skull."

"Shut it, Nayoung. You're not helping." Chaeyeon spat at her. "Yoojung..." She faces me. "...locals found you at the streets and contacted us. With that fiasco, Coach intiated international training in Japan now. We're packing, see?" She shows the bags. "Don't worry. I packed your stuff too."

Something hit me in my senses. I saw Mina and Nayoung packing their stuff as Chaeyeon continued to comfort me. When I saw the door, I realized what I had to do.

"Yoojung?" I felt Chaeyeon nudge me.

I pushed myself off of her and ran. I heard their yells, wanting to stop me from doing anything stupid but I can't stop myself. I don't ing care if Nayoung will rant, if Mina will force me out, and if Chaeyeon worries sick about me.

I need to get to Doyeon...again...

I drove as fast as the wheels would turn until I got to their home. I look around, seeing Doyeon sitting by the corner. I went closer and I noticed her expression. Not only that, the bruises on her arms and legs were there. It made me mad. Yeonjung might've hurt her...

"Yoo...Yoojung..." She called me weakly.

I grew worried. I care less of everything around me as I went to comfort her. "D-Doyeon...what happened?!" I look at her bruises.

"It's nothing..." She said, hiding those scars that ruined her skin.

"What did Yeonjung do to you?!" I asked. "You don't deserve to be with her! Come with me! We leave for Seoul now."

"I can't." Doyeon shook her head. "I'm bound to Yeonjung. And I can't leave my sisters."

"We'll let them come with us." I said.

"But she's my girlfriend...and...we need Yeonjung...we need her to prosper against our poverty..." She mumbled.

This is bull. That Yeonjung is brainwashing Doyeon and her loved ones. But I wasn't giving up.

"Doyeon." I spoke. "If Yeonjung did care, she would've saved Sohye from the flu and never torment you like this. "She's a useless sister and a useless girlfriend!"

"Yoojung..."

"Come with me, Doyeon." I said. "I'll be a good sister to your sisters. I'm not going to abandon you in this obscurity." I held her hand. "I love you...and I can love your sisters too."

"Doyeon!" "Yoojung!"

I felt a pull. I look to see Yeonjung and she punched me. I grew infuriated and I counterattack with my punches. Yeonjung and I were like animals fighting for territory. I saw Doyeon being sent inside by her other sister. I felt someone pull me back. Yeonjung was pulled back by Sejeong.

"Stop this, Yoojung!" It was Nayoung.

Yeonjung growled but Chungha came in. She faces us. "Stop. A little self -control, if you please?! And you!" She points at me. "You brought this disorder, this aberration to the very heart of our family, especially to Doyeon! Have you lost your mind?!"

"I was just being honest with my feelings towards your sister! I'm not harming anybody, not even your family!" I yelled back.

"Lies! Maybe it's your crudely ways that have manipulated Doyeon out of her thinking!" Chungha yelled again.

"What are you saying?!" Nayoung asked back.

"She thinks the dilemma of their family has something to do with me." I mumbled.

"Do you not understand that everything that had happened to us in this family would be so much better if you're out of the picture, if you're out of Doyeon's life?! And you leading Doyeon to your way feinds this family!" Sejeong batted.

"Wait a minute-my love for Doyeon can't cause this mess!" I batted.

"If not then what?!" Sejeong asked.

"Her." I point at Yeonjung. "She's misleading you, who knows."

"You're saying that to me, huh?!" Yeonjung gritted her teeth and clenched my collar again.

It was ruckus. I didn't give a if I was jacked up. I needed to get the ing fact in their heads, I need Yeonjung to stop with her selfish decisions and get Doyeon back to me.

"Stop this madness of yours, Yoojung! There's nothing you can do to change our minds!" Sejeong yelled. "You must go!"

"Yah! Yoojung, let alone any of us, have the right to stay here in this country as much as you blind old fools." Sohye came back.

"Shut it, Sohye. Let me handle this." Chungha hissed then faces me. "Yah, Choi Yoojung. You need to leave this place. Your peculiar thoughts have gone to its limit. If you leave now, all of us will finally cease this feud."

"She has a point, Yoojung," said Nayoung.
"But Nayoung-"

"Listen, Yoojung." Chungha spoke again. "This madness your caused is going to wreck us apart. If you don't leave..." She went closer and whispered. "...Doyeon will pay the price..."

"What's this got to do with Yoojung?!" Sohye asked.

Chungha went back as she and Sohye argued. Yeonjung was aggressive as she plans to annihilate me but Sejeong stopped her. I'm just like her and Nayoung does the same in stopping me. I saw Sohye and Chungha face off and Sohye gasped of what Chungha said.

But I was lost as Doyeon came out. I force myself out but Nayoung was strong in stopping me. I was lost with my emotions.

"Yoojung, it's time to go." Nayoung spoke.

"No." I shook my head. "I'm not going!"

"You, be gone!" Yeonjung yelled.

"Yoojung..." Doyeon called and went closer.

"Doyeon, what are you doing?!" Yeonjung batted as she stopped her.

"Let me talk to Yoojung." She said.

"But Doyeon-"

"Please!" Doyeon faced her sisters and Yeonjung.

They didn't bat. Nayoung lets me go and Doyeon grabs my arm, moving me away from the people, maybe so that we can talk.

I miss this times with her. Sure, life was treating this life like a radical in a person's brain but to the least, I have moments with her.

"So..." She began. "...you're leaving now?"

"No. I'm staying here, where you are." I said.

"No, no, no...if you stay here, you might get hurt." Doyeon said.

"Fine by me, Kim Doyeon." I chuckled.

"Yoojung, you have a life. Mine is here. Ours isn't here, not out here." Doyeon said again.

"Come on, Doyeon. I don't need a nice life to make me happy." I refuted.

"You might say that now, but what about later, when you realize that life isn't that nice anymore?" Doyeon asked.

"Then I have you." I said.

I was true to that. No matter what happened and what Doyeon bats me with her remarks to just give up, I won't. I won't because I love her.

"Well... I'm a particular woman now. I'm a woman who needs her own space and now? You're meddling in my personal space." She said, her look all serious as if she wants me out. "It's not you it's me. I'm not up for this madness anymore."

She doesn't...right?

"Doyeon..." I held her hands. "...no matter what you say or do, I'm staying here and you'll be stuck with me. Come on..." I look into her eyes. "...as if you're not into our love anymore and just dump me..."

"That's the problem. You think I still feel the same, don't you?"

It hit me. She better not be serious...

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"Those 'I love yous'? Well, they're excusable." She batted.

"What?!" I gasped.

"Just because you have a great life and all..." She mumbled, looking away.

"Doyeon, you..." I asked, growing scared. "...you had a problem with me?"

"No, it was just...'okay'." Doyeon batted.

"Okay?!" I blew a little fuse.

"If you want to put it that way, it cringes me."

"What?!" I felt my eyes got wetter.

"Like how you show up to play and the fact you donated cash for Sohye..." She batted.

"What's the problem with that?!" I hissed. "So much coming from a tower who thinks I'm doing all those to show off, and then you're ditching me like a tall idiot!"

*slap*

What the ...what is this? Why is Doyeon acting like this? Is she doing this so that I leave? So that I'm out of her life for good?

No...she would never... Doyeon would never...

"You need to leave...for good..." She said as she walked away.

She didn't look back. She didn't run back. She just...she just went on. I look at my hands and they shivered. I felt my eyes and the tears came out like waterfalls. My heart was hit and I felt gravity when I felt someone caught me.

"Yoojung..."

"N-Nayoung..."

"I'm so sorry. But we must go..." Nayoung said.

Mina and Nayoung escorted me to my car and Nayoung drove us to the airport, where Chaeyeon was waiting for us and our things already inside. We boarded on the said airplane and I just sat by the side.

I cried. In this departure, it was different from when Doyeon would run and hold my hand, not wanting to let go and let me leave. But now, she cared less. She had to make me leave.

I just sat for the rest of the trip. I look at the vast night sky, all dark and mysterious. It was dark as my soul now.

Doyeon's out of my dark life...and she's not going to return anymore...


Five years have passed and a lot has happened, from the time we moved to Seoul to the time of Yeonjung's death.

Cancer was a killer and it killed Yeonjung at the age of 26. All of us mourned for her loss, especially Chungha. As a result, we strived hard against this poverty and sought opportunities outside of Jeju. Now, we moved to Seoul, living in a house that Yeonjung left for us before she died, her real home in the city.

Yeonjung's death took a toll on me and my family. Being a close friend and almost like a sister towards my own, the sicknening tears of loss couldn't be much sweeter.

They say that man is a mirror of his thoughts and actions. And just like me, I pursued my dreams. Now, I was an artist, mostly a model. Chungha works at a publishing house, Sejeong worked as a construction worker and Sohye became an ambassador of education.

We lived our lives. But to me, there's was something.

I was missing love. I was missing my love for Yoojung.

"Say cheese!"

I got my picture taken by the vendor as I was in the park to have fun. I thanked him a lot as I saw my picture.

I looked pretty good. And I never thought my eyes got quick in glancing at the surroundings because once I did, I saw her.

I saw Yoojung.

Choi Yoojung had grown to become a lovely woman. She was still the midget I known, just as the caring Yoojung I know.

I see her every Sunday as she goes to church to pray but I never got the chance to talk to her. It has been almost eight years since we last saw each other. Who am I to meddle. I mean nothing to her now...

I said I never got the chance to talk. But now, I'm grabbing that chance.

I still saw Yoojung standing but she went by the church. I gulped and followed her this time. She stopped by the entrance as I stood next to her.

"I'm so thankful and glad you came." I said to her.

"Hmm...I found out about what happened to Yeonjung." She said back and she faced at me with her most serious look. "Why did you come here again? What is it this time? What do you need from me?"

I need you back to me, Yoodaeng...

"Yoyo-"

"You need assurance? I could've sworn Yeonjung had her funeral settled. Or what? You need someone to lean into your tears of Yeonjung's passing?" Yoojung kept asking. "Well, learn to accept that. It's painful, sad even. But you'll get through it...you always will..."

Feeling that pat on the back made me warm. I grabbed that hand and felt it when she pulled herself away.

"I'm sorry. I can't be that person anymore, Doyeon." She said. "Besides, my wife's waiting for me."

W-Wife? How did I not know about that?

"You...You have a wife?" I asked again and she just nodded.

"Yeah. She's pretty, caring, loving even. And..." Yoojung inched closer. "...she's a person who keeps her promises...and a person who's willing to wait...never gets tired..."

I could only cry. How could I let that one sin slip into me? How could I've been so selfish? How could I slip Yoojung away from me?

"Yoojung... I'm so sorry-"

"Sorry? For what? What's there to explain, Doyeon? Is there some sin you did to me that I wasn't aware of?" Yoojung stops me, making my conscience much sweeter. "Aside from breaking your promise and let your desires take action without even thinking twice..."

"Yoojung..."

"Well, I can't blame you. Yeonjung was better, wasn't she?" Yoojung snided. "Even in bed?"

"Yoojung-ah...no...it's not like that..."

"Well, even if you say otherwise, it won't change anything. It's been done, Doyeon." She said and my tears kept flowing. "Excuse me. My wife's waiting for me." She moves away. "Stop this. There's no point of it anyway."

This had been one heck of a mess. Maybe she was right. I'm just wasting my time and hers. I'm already years too late to ever bring us back together.

"You're right. You're right, Yoojung-ah..." I said beneath my tears. "I shouldn't have wasted your time."

I huffed and walked away slowly. But somehow, my feet were rooted to the ground, wanting me to try again.

I look back and Yoojung was already walking away. I sighed and walked away again.

I can't believe it'll be another 'last time' that I see her...

***

Five years passed too quickly but I didn't expect to see Doyeon again, not here in Seoul. I would've longed for her if I had the patience but I've changed for myself. I lost contact with her and most of my friends and now, I'm all alone.

Now, I'm in my home. I got myself a decent place for this time. I was beginning my new life as a businesswoman but I was still in the brink of adjustment so, I'm going through the course of life, decently and alone.

I went by the counter, seeing empty bottles of vodka and glass shards tinted in crimson. I saw new batches that I opened a bottle and indulged myself again.

If my life changed, so did myself. I became cold, unsociable, heartless, and uncaring of the fact that Doyeon came back to Seoul. I'm also a bit suicidal, hence the tinted shards and the scars on my hands. I continued to drink, letting my mind spin and my subconscious go through the depths of my longing.

Seeing Doyeon again, my mind's all dismantled. I even had to lie that I have a wife. Feeling her shoulders through that pat, my mind went crazy. But I learned that I can't hold onto our love anymore. It has ceased.

I need to move on and start changing for myself.

***

After that, a lot has happened, especially on that sickening yet precious moment seeing Yoojung at the church, even a close friend of Chungha by the name of Park Soyeon accused me, seeing me talking to another woman by the church and Chungha was worried sick.

"This is madness." I watch her pace by the table. "It's been a month since Yeonjung was buried and Soyeon brings up ty news!"

I could see she was planning to go outside. I ask her. "Where are you going?"

"To talk to Soyeon. She can't just spread some ty rumor." Chungha batted. "It'll affect us. It'll affect you."

"Don't mind about it. Let them say what they want to say. They have no evidence anyways."

"All the same! It'll still affect us and I don't want people to see you differently." Chungha defended.

"Yeonjung wouldn't want that either." I said back. "She made sure of that. She made sure that no one will ever know."

Chungha's eyes dilated. She faced me instantly. I could kick my subconscience's for the choice of words that slipped beneath my tongue.

"What are you saying?" She asked again.

Well, it's about time she finds out. I can't let my eldest sister worry too much. "I saw her...again..."

"Yoojung?!" She asked and I nodded. "You're lying. She's been out of our lives since she left."

"It's true." I confessed.

Chungha shook her head as I nodded my hesd for her to accept the fact. "That's why Sohye and Mina were dating. Mina's here because Yoojung came with her..."

"So let me get this straight..." I saw Chungha infuriate. "...so what Soyeon said was true?! You betrayed Yeonjung then?!!"

"I didn't." I answered as calm as I could. "You had to bring that up again, huh?! Yoojung happened again as soon as Yeonjung went away, for that one thought that she left me."

Chungha gasped of another revelation but I had to let her know this time. "So you kept it all this time until such time Yeonjung died?! And you're worrying about Yoojung up to this day?!"

"Chungha! Yeonjung knew from the start!! She forgave me and accepted me!" I began to blow a fuse as I told her the truth.

"Then why did you keep it from us?! You should've told me when Yeonjung was still alive!" Chungha yelled as she began to cry.

"I wanted to, Chungha. As the eldest sister, I'd tell you first because you understand me...but Yeonjung kept insisting to keep it because she wanted to protect me."

"You think I'd believe that?!" Chungha snickered. "How could I believe my dongsaeng's lies?!"

"I'm not lying!" I defended.

"What's going on here?!" I saw Sejeong and Sohye.

Chungha was still mad. I saw the look of my sister's faces. I sighed. They need to know.

I watch them gather around me. Chungha gave me that serious look, Sejeong was giving me a questionable stare as Sohye held my hand.

"I know this time has been hard for you since Yeonjung left..." I began. "Being the youngest, I shouldn't have make drastic actions to add up to your worries...but it's about I tell you something that you should've known a long time ago."

"What do we need to know, Doyeon?" Sohye asked.

"Sejeong...Sohye...Chungha..." I huffed. "I had a relationship with Yoojung the time Yeonjung went away and I saw her now at the church...again..." I was fighting back my tears. "When I thought Yeonjung left me the first time, I thought she wasn't going to come back. I met Yoojung again and had a relationship with her. I didn't expect Yeonjung to come back again and everything fell into place..."

I saw Chungha huff and turn her head away. Sohye was worried, her eyes dilated. For Sejeong, she was mad again.

"I should've known. That explains you wandering out of the house for no reason." Sejeong babbled.

"Sejeong." I glared at her.

"What? It's true, right?! No wonder you were so calm when Yeonjung died, because you-"

"I know I did that! Stop the ty remarks, Sejeong! It's getting redundant!" I yelled back at her, disregarding my stand as the youngest sibling.

"Redundant?! She's was just saying the truth, Doyeon." Chungha joined in.

"What the , Chungha?! That's enough!" Sohye broke the argument.

"That's the last straw. You're not leaving this house until we say so, Doyeon," said Chungha.

"You're right." Sejeong said. "Doyeon, I'm going to have to lock the doors and windows."

"That's bull!" I slammed my fists on the table, startling them, especially Sohye. "You think I'm still in a relationship with Yoojung?! She's gone now and I don't know where she is!" I huffed yet I was still mad. "Nothing will change. Even if you know of what happened, nothing is going to change. I just had to let you know because you're my sisters and I don't want you to worry anymore!!!"

A creak disturbed us and I saw Mina. She gulped and I was worried that she heard everything. Even if she did, I couldn't do anything now.

I passed her off and went off to have some fresh air, rubbing my temples to get some off of my head. Sohye was considered but Chungha and Sejeong? I thought they were like bombs on World War 2 that I kick their asses because of this, to think that they were older than me.

Then, Yoojung came into mind. I thought of what I said earlier. I swore I just lied to them again.

Because to me, my love for Yoojung is vast. I never meant to hurt her at that time and I was happy to see her at the church again. And even if I don't know why I can't find her again, I swear to get her back.

I'll bring her back to me.

***

The rain poured and I was at the window, watching the rain. The weather would play sometimes but this time, the weather was coinciding with my feelings.

A ring disrupted my thoughts. I saw the dialler. It was Chaeyeon.

I never thought I'd have her number until now, even Mina's and Nayoung's. I didn't get in touch after I left. Nonetheless, I answered the call. "Hello?"

"Yoojung?" It was indeed her.

"Chaeyeon. It's been a while." I said.

"Yoojung... Nayoung passed away just now. I just needed you to know." Chaeyeon said.

I was shocked. Nayoung was a close friend. I never thought she'd die too soon. In fact, I didn't know her much of her life after that.

"Are you at her vigil?" I asked.

"Yes, Yoojung." She said. "Would you be able to come?"

"No." I answered. "Is she married or does she have her family? Just tell of my condolences."

"Okay, Yoojung." She said and I hung up.

I put the phone down and continued to contemplate. I could only sigh of my predicament, feeling the blood oozing from my wrists.

I wonder what I'm going to do now?

***

Evening came and I was pacing around the garden, just thinking about her. My typical subconscience would wonder but my heart was saying otherwise, longing even.

No matter what she said to me by the church, it didn't change anything. I still love her.

"Doyeon?" Mina came home from work. "What are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing?" Mina hissed.

Last time's confession hit me. I remember when Mina came in and I had an argument with Sejeong as I told her of Yoojung. Sejeong grew mad, saying that I shouldn't get involved on Yoojung again. And Mina had to hear everything.

That's why Mina is still mad at me.

"How about you? Where have you been?" Mina asked.

"I went to the church again." I answered.

"Yoojung? Have you seen her?" Mina asked abruptly.

"If I did, what should I do?" I asked back. "As our paths crossed again, she told me to stop and I did. Stop looking for her, Mina. You're wasting your time."

"What do you think is boosting me to look for her?" Mina batted. "It's your incompetence of not looking for her and not answering my questions."

"What questions have I not answered, Mina? I told you everything! What more could you ask for?" I batted back.

"Where is she?" She asked me again.

I could annoy myself with this mess. I could only sigh. "I don't know, Mina. She's not even at the church anymore."

"Well, why aren't you looking hard enough? Why are you scared of looking for her? Don't you miss her? Don't you want her back?" Mina faces me and holds the collar of my shirt tight. "Don't you love her anymore?!"

"Mina..."

"See? You don't answer my questions. That's why I look for her myself." Mina lets go of me roughly.

"It's because I didn't choose her! She's mad at me and she's getting away from me!" I finally spat it. "When you four went back to Seoul, it hit me. It separated us. A lot has changed and a lot has happened and I got into a relationship with Yeonjung..."

"So you did betray Yoojung..." Mina snickered.

"No...I betrayed Yeonjung..." I answered.

"I don't understand..." Mina faces me again.

"I already got into a relationship with Yeonjung when I saw Yoojung again..." I explained.

"So what? With that explanation, your sin has been confusing. How am I suppose to believe that?!" Mina ranted.

"Because I did love your friend. I loved Yoojung despite of what happened! Everything fell into place with Yeonjung and I. I reconcile with Yoojung but I was too weak to defend our love. Nonetheless, Mina...I loved Yoojung so much..." I said it all as I held Mina's arm. "I'm sorry to keep it from you."

"Well...it was your choice...a blinded one to be exact." Mina faced me again. "If you had your choice, I also have mine..." She pokes my chest, where my heart was. "... I'm looking for my friend."

"Mina-"

"Don't stop me. I WILL look for Yoojung and I WILL defend your love for the both of you!"

She walks inside the house. I sighed harshly and put a hand on my forehead.

It was going to be hard in the future...

***

Here I am at my office, fiddling my pen while waiting for any tasks I can accommodate myself into. I huffed as I look to the side and saw Chaeyeon watching a commercial on hardware.

I never thought Chaeyeon and I met then worked in the same office. Nayoung's dead and I don't know where Mina went and we haven't talked since.

For now, I wonder of what Chaeyeon was watching until she said something.

"Omo-isn't this Doyeon?!"

It hit me. I froze for a bit and I saw Chaeyeon giving me a questionable stare. I shrugged. "So what if it is Doyeon? Should I care?"

"Yeah, you should." Chaeyeon batted. "Who could ever forget Kim Doyeon, the waitress and photographer from Jeju who's now an artist, the one that stole that wee heart of yours?"

"Stop it." I hissed.

"Aish, even if you're denying it, there's always that spot for Doyeon. Somehow, she became a part of you." Chaeyeon batted.

For the first time in a while, I admitted with a sheepish grin. It was all true. "You're right, Chaeyeon." I sighed. "I loved her..." I try to hold back my tears. "She was my whole world..."

The moments from Jeju played in my head. I remember that I had fun with Doyeon. I remember how pretty she looked despite of her shabby life. And I remember the days we shared our hugs, kisses, and our 'I love yous'.

"She made me strong, she made me the happiest woman in the world. In those times we worked here in Seoul, I felt like giving up because she wasn't here by my side..."

I stopped and noticed Chaeyeon listening to every word. And then it hit me again.

"And you know, Chaeyeon..." I look at her, chuckling, although my tears were already visible. "...she was the first to let go..."

My tears flowed. I rub my temples as Chaeyeon patted my back. I sniffled. "I will never forget how she hurt me, Chaeyeon. I'll never ever forget that."

I felt Chaeyeon pat my back as I relieve myself, wondering of another phase of my life.

Doyeon isn't a part of my being anymore but memories of her will stay...

*knock*

"Huh? Who's that?" Chaeyeon wondered.

Chaeyeon and I stood up instantly. I made the motion to open when...

"Hello? Ms. C?"

That voice was utterly familiar. I was hesitant to open the door, making me sweat bullets.

"Hello, this is a visitor. Hello? I'm Kim Doyeon."

"Omo-is that?!" Chaeyeon flipped out as well, pointing at the door.

Those knocks reminded me of myself as I knock onto the restaurant's doors, wanting an explanation from Doyeon to why she was with Yeonjung. The thought made me cringe.

Doyeon's knocks and calls didn't stop. I could still hear her voice, a voice I missed for so long.

"Aren't you opening it?" Chaeyeon asked me.

I still heard her voice and a sort-of ruckus with a guard. I sighed, holding the door handle until the noise subsided. I exitted with Chaeyeon and saw that the hallway was already empty.

"Yah...you just..." I heard Chaeyeon mumble.

"Whatever..." I huffed. "Let's go grab a sandwich."

***

With the incident back home, I couldn't bear it. I had to go and walk around to relieve myself.

I remembered Chungha and Sejeong, getting mad at Sohye for finding Mina and letting her live with us. I was mad too. It was fine for Mina to stay. She didn't do anything but help us in our lives here at Seoul and they just get mad at her? I can't accept that.

I wonder. What do my sisters see in boatwomen that made me cringe?

*honk*

I saw the world flash before my eyes again. I felt hands hold my arms as I was pulled out to safety. I huffed and wondered of the mysterious savior.

"Miss, what the heck?! Are you trying to kill yourself?!"

"I'm sorry, I-" I gasped. "Yoojung?!"

"Doyeon?!" Yoojung gasped back.

A part of me felt so happy to see her for the umpteenth time. A part of me felt guilty for what I did wrong before.

"Are you alright?" She asked me.

I could admire Yoojung forever. She had gone cuter, prettier, a bit taller too...or was I just hallucinating?

"Yah, you're nuts. You're dazing at me like a . Shall I take you to the hospital?"

"I'm fine, thanks..." I said to her.

"Okay. Don't go wander off next time. You're going to get hurt if you do." Yoojung said.

I nodded. I watch Yoojung hop on a car when I held her hand. She gave me a glare and I let go. "Sorry..."

"Whatever." She sighed and hopped on.

I watch the car leave and I couldn't help a sigh. Seeing the surroundings and checking the time, it's about time I go home.

A smile makes its way on my face. I was happy to see Yoojung again.

***

"It was like...five years since you and Doyeon knew each other."

"Duh, you were there." I batted at Chaeyeon. "You even teased me for being in love at first sight."

"Right. That's the thing." Chaeyeon faces me. "Didn't you hear the sincerity? Doyeon still had dibs on you in spite of all that has happened between you."

"Whatever. Nothing much has changed." I said to her.

"Aigoo...you're a sourpuss, Yoojung. Which reminds me..." Chaeyeon slides a folder on my table. "...I got her information."

My eyes dilated. I checked the folder and it had everything from her blood type to her hobbies.

"How did you do this?" I asked.

"Because of our special friend..." Chaeyeon grinned, showing a picture.

"Mina?" I gasped. "THE Kang Mina?"

"Yeah. Because she's living Doyeon's household." Chaeyeon added.

"Call her. Now." I said.

Chaeyeon nodded and dialled someone. It rang a couple of times until it answered.

"Hello?"

"Yah, Kang Mina." Chaeyeon batted.

"Chaeyeon?! How did you get my number?!"

"Through your email, you cutie dimwit." Chaeyeon remarked. "Where are you?"

"Uhh..."

"You're are Doyeon's, aren't you?" Chaeyeon smirked.

"What the-how did you..."

"I have my sources, Mina. Also, Yoojung's here?"

"Let me talk to her!!" Mina yelled.

Chaeyeon got her phone far from her ears and gave it to me. I answered. "What?"

"Where are you? Where have you been all these years?"

"Hiding." I joked.

"Where are you, Choi Yoojung?!"

"Would I tell you? If you're at Doyeon's place, I won't tell you. Ever." I batted.

"Come on, Yoojung. Haven't you moved on?" Mina asked. "Doyeon missed you so much. She was dying to talk to you but you're a dickhead. So much for a girl..."

"You know I'm not in the mood." I sighed. "Keep your mouth shut this time and don't tell Doyeon of my whereabout. Don't even share this number to her."

"Whatever, midget." Mina batted and I chuckled. "Maybe you want to say something to Doyeon? I could say it for you."

"Nope." I said.

"Just one sentence." She replied.

I sighed. I hope she makes it up so that Doyeon won't look for me again. "Tell her that I miss her too."

I hung up and sulked on my desk. "We're going to have to change our hotline."

***

I was on my workstation, checking updates on my SNS accounts and my emails regarding of my work. I scrolled down seeing the same emails but wait! I see a different message.

Good morning, Miss Kim Doyeon

Word had struck in my office that you personally want to meet with me with regards of the investment of Fantagio Corporate in fashion design.

I was also informed that you personally came to my company and offered a meeting that I didn't attend due to another meeting.

But as of today, I'd be obliged to make it up to you by meeting you personally, today this 4 P.M. Here the address: Thanks Nature Cafe, 486 Seogyo-dong

I hope I can meet you today.

Ms. C
CYJ Enterprise

I gasped. It was 3:40 P.M in my watch. I hastily got ready and went to my car, driving my way towards the address, which thankfully, was just a 15-minute drive so I got to the place with five minutes to spare.

"Good afternoon, ma'am." A service clerk greeted me.

"Uh.. I'm here for an appointment with Ms. C." I said.

"You're Kim Doyeon?" She asked and I nodded. "This way. Ms. C has been waiting."

I hastily followed the clerk, all while I fixed myself. As I got to our table, my concealer fell.

I gasped. It can't be...

"Yoojung?!"

There she was, looking intently at me while sipping her red wine. She puts the empty glass down with a little slam and I gulped. I saw the clerk excusing herself away from us as I asked of her presence. "What are you doing here?"

"You came into my office personally but I didn't acommodate because I was off to another meeting. And now..." She stood up and inched closer, scooting a seat. "...we'll be having that meeting right here, right now..."

"No way..." I was shocked. "Y-You're... You're Ms.C?!"

"C for Choi, my last name." Yoojung said whimsically and forces me to sit down. "I've got no time for fun and games, so..." Yoojung asks for another drink. "...let's discuss the investment."

"What is your ulterior motive, Yoojung? Why did you ask me to meet here?" I asked back.

"Duh. The investment, of course." Yoojung shrugged. "Oh, come on, Doyeon, you wanted this meeting. And one more thing, don't play around with this situation because we're not kids anymore. Let's just talk about the goddamn investment."

I couldn't say a word. I was overwhelmed, flustered even. With this revelation, I thought...maybe we can talk about us...

"Forget the investment." I said.

"What?!" Yoojung glared.

"Can we talk about us?"

She slams the table with her small yet mighty hand and I flipped out. She glares at me again and I was freaking out.

"Don't twist my mind, Doyeon." She spoke through gritted teeth. "How many times do I have to say that we're through?! There's nothing to talk about us, okay?!"

She stormed off. I can't let this slip away again. I ran after her. "Yoojung!! Yoojung, please-"

"It's Ms. C!" She stopped. "Jeez, Doyeon, you're twisting my mind everytime we meet. Come on, it's just the same thing." She cries lightly. "You said you love me. You even promised. You went with someone else and I played the fool."

"Yoojung..."

"When I met you thrice, I thought I had hope. But you're grew far away from me." She flipped out. "I believed in you, Doyeon. I believed that you did love me..." She blew up. "I went rancid because of you!"

"Yoojung, I'm so sorry..." I couldn't do anything but ask for forgiveness. "I didn't know you had to go through all this pain. I left you because of my sisters. I also did that to protect you."

Yoojung faced me. She gave me another questionable look. "Protect me from what, Doyeon? You know what, this is another dose of your madness!" She yelled. "You left me twice and you act all noble when we meet, asking me to come back to you?!" She continued to glare at me.

"Yoojung, I didn't mean to hurt you with all that had happened! I had my reasons!" I batted.

"Then why won't you tell me?!" Yoojung yelled. "If you want this misunderstanding to be over, I suggest you tell me!"

"I can't...you will think of me differently." I mumbled.

"Bull." Yoojung cussed.

"Yoodaeng, I can't!"

"Then make something up!" She blew a fuse.

"It's because Yeonjung me!!!" I screamed then kept my mouth shut.

"That's ridiculous." She mumbled.

"It's true, Yoojung. And I've been dying to tell you that for so long!" I reasoned out. "You thought only because my sisters didn't like you? Well there's two reasons! The other reason is that she me and we had a deal! I am forced to break up with you because Yeonjung will hurt you! And I can't have that!"

I huffed as the words slipped out of my mouth. I would've stopped. But as the truth came free, I had to let every piece of it out.

"Yeonjung was no poor singer in Jeju. She's richer than you think and she will do all means to get what she wants. If I were to tell Chungha of what happened, Yeonjung will destroy my family. If I went back to you, not only will I break my sisters' trust but Yeonjung will kill you." I began. "And during that second meeting, she caught me. She forced me onto my limit. I wouldn't see my family again...and you would've been dead by then..."

Yoojung was frozen. Had I spoken the truth sooner, it wouldn't have been like this. Yoojung wouldn't have gone mad because of me.

She didn't answer back and left. I couldn't hold my tears too. I did nothing but cry again...

***

"Yoojung." I gaze at Chaeyeon. "Someone's looking for you. It's urgent."

I sighed and nodded. Chaeyeon and I went down to see this mysterious visitor when I heard familiar voices.

"Kim Doyeon. Kim Doyeon had an appointment with Ms. C before. I'm her friend, Kang Mina."

Chaeyeon and I shared the same reactions. I never thought I'd see Mina again. She even dragged Sohye along.

"What are you saying about Doyeon?" I asked and they faced me.

"Mina?!" Chaeyeon gasped.

"Yoojung! Chaeyeon!" Mina went to us and hugged us tight.

It was sudden. But hey, we're friends. I chuckled. Chaeyeon was hugging her back as I just patted her back.

I let go first. This was work. I need to be serious. I look at Chaeyeon and she did too.

"Why are you looking for Doyeon here, Mina?" I asked.

"She hasn't come home after your appointment. I would reckon that you know where she went." Sohye joined in and said that in front of my face.

"Look, there might've been this madness between us but heck would I know? What am I? The source of all answers?" I batted.

Sohye was almost inches to kick my off. Mina gulped and had to calm Sohye down. I wonder of their relationship but toss that aside. I was pissed. The both of them just wasted my time.

"This is what you call urgent?" I asked the information clerk, even Chaeyeon. "Look..." I faced Sohye and Mina. "...I have more urgent things to do. Is there any else you need to tell me?"

They didn't say anything. I told Chaeyeon that we should go and we did. That meeting was pure bull. And with Doyeon, I was even more pissed.

But why does my heart feel heavy?

"Yoojung, call Doyeon." Chaeyeon said.

"Why would I? She's not my concern." I said.

"Don't lie to yourself, Yoojung. You're worried about her." Chaeyeon said back.

"I won't." I said again. "Maybe her phone's dead or maybe she just went somewhere. That shouldn't concern me."

I was glad Chaeyeon just shrugged it off. I did too, and resumed the usual work. Maybe I'll call Doyeon later...

***

I would picture out my loved ones worried about me. They can't contact me because my phone's dead. I can't find ways to get in touch because...

Because of what??

I felt a pain by my head as I recall of what happened to me after I talked with Yoojung.

After that meeting, I went off to wherever my feet would take me. It was weird. I would've gone back to the company for usual work but why? Why couldn't I recall that important task in my usual walk in life? Also, I was lost. I didn't know where to start, what to say, and who to ask. Literally, I was so lost.

It's like...my memories are slowly fading. Am I having this disease? Am I going to lose it?

"Miss, we've arrived."

I looked to see home. I got down, paid the driver and went inside the house. I was then greeted by hugs.

"Doyeon!!" Sohye and Mina hugged me tight. "Where the have you been?! We were worried sick!"

Chungha and Sejeong were literally crying as they went to hug me too. Sejeong had to scold me but now, what matters is that I got home, safe and sound.

I wonder. Was Yoojung worried about me? And...will I have the guts to tell my loved ones of what happened to me?

***

"Doyeon's been awarded as Best Model for Korea Fashion Week. She has invited all of us to come, especially you."

This was insane. I remembered the day Chaeyeon was so giddy to get an invitation from Sohye, especially for the fact that Doyeon invited us. I didn't want to but somehow, my body has a mind of its own and here I am by the pavilion, going inside a conference room filled with people and the ambiance of celebration for Doyeon's achievement.

I could only stand at the back. Chaeyeon was sitting next to Sejeong. Chungha was right beside her. For Sohye and Mina, they were on another table. Chaeyeon texted me that I should join them but I'm a threat to the Kim sisters so I suggest not to.

I see happy faces and hear applause as Chungha came to say her speech to welcome Doyeon, and felt proud of what Doyeon had accomplished. I glimpsed at the surroundings and saw Doyeon hiding by the curtains. With her sudden gesture, she looked cute.

I sighed. She's so beautiful. I never thought I'd never get tired of watching her and I never bother of her actions because she lived her life well. Yes. Even those times she kept on asking for forgiveness. She's frank without being mean...and I guess it's why I never stopped loving her.

Hearing Chungha's speech made me cry. She was right about Doyeon. She was strong, loving, faithful, and a person who trusts her loved ones...even though she didn't had faith in waiting for me or trusted me of my return. All the same, she's still good to me.

Doyeon took place upon the pedastal as she delivers her speech.

"To my fellow workers, fellow investors, and especially to my sisters and friends, good afternoon. This has been the greatest privilege in my entire career. The last time, I was just ordinary girl with a dream, waking up and embrace another day of work in a shabby restaurant with my sisters. Now, I stand in this pedastal as I accept this achievement in which I never thought I could have. Like, if you're the typical person contented with what you have before, who would expect??"

Chuckles were heard. I couldn't help mine too.

"But like all achievements, all is possible with the support of our loved ones. To me, my sisters have been my templar of who I am now. Being the youngest in the family, their hugs and kisses, even their sense of worries were enough. And..."

She was silent for a while. I even noticed her wince. With that, I grew worried. I was about to go closer when Doyeon got her composure back. I sighed in relief and stopped to listen again.

"To tell you the truth, despite of the success I've achieved, it's just a speck of dust of the whole me. That speck formed into something greater with the help of my loved ones." She began again. "Losing Yeonjung took a toll to me and my sisters as she was like family to us. But then, I learned to move on and continue to pursue for myself and for my sisters, just like she would've wanted for me. We all have our dreams and with that, we stick to those aspirations with the support of the ones that matter in our lives."

Applause was heard again. I didn't join them. Somehow, seeing the Kim sisters up that stage made me sigh. Maybe her sisters only matter to her and I am now out of the picture.

I guess it was better that way.

***

 

After the speech, I was wondering around. I could've sworn I saw Yoojung. I went to Chaeyeon as I asked her.

"Did Yoojung come, Chaeyeon?"

Sejeong was shocked. Chaeyeon sighed and said: "She did come, Doyeon. But she left."

I didn't care as I went outside quickly. I saw a person outside and I went out to confirm the person's identity.

"Yoojung!" I called.

That streak of gingerish hair supported my guess. She faced me, adding a little bow.

"Hi, Doyeon. Congratulations." She spoke.

I cried again. I didn't hesitate as I ran towards her and hugged her tight. I cared less if she pushed me away or she yelled at me. I just miss her and I will always miss her.

But as I felt her hug me back, I broke into pure bliss. I was happy with this little hug. It meant a lot to me now.

"I miss you so much..." I mumbled.

"Me too." Yoojung spoke.

"Doyeon!!"

The both of us broke from our hug as we saw my sisters, Chaeyeon, and Mina. I could gulp of their looks. Sohye was looking at me pitifully, Sejeong was resisting herself from getting mad, and Chungha was infuriated that she forced me off of Yoojung and she pushed her off.

"What are you doing here?! Are you going to corrupt Doyeon again?!" Chungha yelled.

"Unnie, stop! Don't hurt Yoojung!" I yelled back as I protect Yoojung.

"Did Mina invite you?!" Sejeong was yelling at Chaeyeon then she glared at Mina. "Did you?!"

"I did, unnie!" Sohye said angrily. "Don't make false accusations!"

"Why did you invite this woman, Sohye?!" Chungha raged. "Do you realize what you're doing?!"

"I do! Doyeon wanted to see her. And you can't isolate her from Yoojung, Chaeyeon and Mina just because they're friends!" Sohye yelled back. "What is it with you and your despise towards Yoojung and her friends, huh?!"

Sejeong lost it, delivering a punch on Sohye's face. As I look at the surroundings, it was hell. I cried as Sejeong and Sohye fight, with Chaeyeon and Mina trying to break them apart. I looked at Yoojung as she comforts me when Chungha broke us apart. I cried once again as I was torn apart from the love of my life.

"Chungha, please...don't do this..." I pleaded.

"Doyeon." Chungha looked intently.

"No! You can't do this to me! Yoojung is the only person deserving for me. If you get her away from me, I won't stand a chance." I said back. "And like Sohye said, what's your problem with Yoojung?!"

"You don't defy my decisions, Doyeon! I'm your eldest sister! I'm doing this for you and for our family!" Chungha scolded me, gripping my hand tight as she points at Yoojung. "You! You need to get away from my sister's life! Don't you even dare of seeing her!"

"Chungha!"

"It's okay." Yoojung spoke. "I'm sorry if my presence became a delusion."

"No, Yoodaeng. It's not your fault." I defended her.

"Doyeon, this will make our lives harder. I shouldn't have been here..." She said.

I watch Chaeyeon and Mina come with Yoojung. Sejeong cussed as Sohye was hurt of this.

"Yoojung, you don't know what you're saying..." I sniffled. "...I love you and I need you..."

"Is this woman what you need?!" Chungha spat. "Maybe it occured to me and your sisters that you need her more than she needs you!"

I shoved myself away. I watch Yoojung, Mina, and Chaeyeon leave silently and I cried, running towards Yoojung when Sejeong and Chungha stopped me.

"Yoojung!" I yelled her name. "Yoodaeng!!"

She didn't stop. She didn't look back. I cried my whole heart out again. As Sejeong and Chungha faced me, I blew a fuse.

"You ruined everything!!"

I stormed off, hearing them call me. I ignored them and decided to stay at the company building to relieve myself.

***

The three of us were at my place, calming ourselves from the incident a while ago. I couldn't believe that happened. I can't believe I ruined Doyeon's night.

A knock was disrupting our sullen atmosphere as I saw Mina going towards the door. It was Sohye, and she had a bag on her hand. I saw her give it to Mina and they even shared a kiss before Sohye left.

"What's with the bag, Mina?" I asked.

"Sohye got all my stuff out of their house. It's about time I left." Mina sighed.

"You can stay here, Mina. Chaeyeon too." I said to them. "We need to calm ourselves after all that has happened."

"Sohye said sorry. She had to go and let me apologize for her." Mina said.

"Weird. I knew we helped her before when she had the flu but how did you two get together, Mina?" I asked.

"That?" Mina asked while smiling. "After you left without saying goodbye, I went back to my family. They got mad at me again for coming back without money due to the fact I donated most of it for Sohye and they even attempted to kill me. To think they're family..."

"How did Sohye find you?" Chaeyeon asked this time.

"I ran away and by fate, she saw me by the streets. You know what, Yoojung..." Mina said. "...Sohye's just like Doyeon. She's a good person. She offered me to stay in her home."

"What about Chungha and Sejeong?" I asked again.

"They didn't like me. Sejeong was familiar of me. Knowing that I was your friend, she didn't like it. Chungha thought I was a threat but Sohye and Doyeon protected me. With Chungha's caring spot for the two, she lets me stay. I didn't interact with her and Sejeong. I only did when Sohye was there."

"How about you, Chaeyeon?" I look at her. "Why did you sit next to Sejeong a while ago?"

"I knew Sejeong through an application form. Remember the time I introduced you to interns?" She asked and I just nodded. "Sejeong was supposed to be one of them but when she knew I worked for you, she postponed then cancelled her application. She requested me and then the rest of the events were a blur. About the invite a while ago, Doyeon said I should sit there."

"Heh, I'm sorry, guys..." I sighed. "I had you involved into this mess."

"We don't mind, Yoojung. You just love Doyeon is all. She even loves you too." Chaeyeon said.

"I may have despised her but thanks to her and Sohye, I thought that maybe she does love you." Mina said. "So it's fine by me."

"And we will help, Yoojung." Chaeyeon added.

I couldn't thank them enough. I was so grateful that I have friends to help me. I care nonetheless of the events a while ago. What mattered to me now is that I must do whatever it takes to be with her again.

***

Sohye and I got to a restaurant. I wondered of the occasion but I gleamed as I saw Mina. I went to hug her tight as the three of us sat down.

"Yah, Sohye. Why did you let me come? I'm the third wheel in here." I babbled.

"Calm down," said Mina, holding Sohye's hand. "Someone will come so you won't be lonely."

I wonder of that mysterious person. I pray she gets here soon. I might not stand Mina inching to kiss my sister this time. I saw a new car parking. It must me the person Sohye's talking about. As I saw its driver, it made me stand up and go right by the door.

Yoojung came in and I greeted her by a hug. Yoojung hugged back and I was so happy that she came.

"I'm so glad Sohye lets you come. Let's go." I said, holding her hand.

Mina and Sohye greeted her as she sat down on one chair. I sat next to her, grinning at her because she looked pretty today.

"Anyways, I came here because Mina and Sohye wanted me. Which reminds me..." Yoojung began. "...how are you two?" She points at Sohye and I.

"Apart for now. I didn't stay at home but stayed at a condo I bought and fully paid," said Sohye.

"Doyeon?" She called and I paid attention. "Did you come with Sohye?"

"I did. I didn't like the words they spat out of their mouths about you." I answered.

"I apologize for the incident yesterday-"

"Yoojung..." I held her hand tenderly. "...it has happened. There's no one to blame."

"I just need to say that. At that night, my presence wrecked your sisterhood. I even involved Mina and Chaeyeon in that delusion. I am ashamed of that and I'm so sorry." Yoojung said.

"Yoojung..." I call her again and she looked at me with weary eyes. "If I were to see the rainbow of that rainy predicament, it's that I realize that Mina and Sohye's love is one thing...and that I get to see you, to gaze at you right here and right now, and to even hold this precious hand that I've been dying to hold for so long..."

I saw the skepticism in Yoojung's eyes. I then noticed Sohye and Mina move to another table so that we can talk personally. I held Yoojung's hand tenderly again and she sighs, letting go of my hold.

"Doyeon...we shouldn't..." She said, looking away.

"Why? You still love me, right?" I asked. "Yoojung, tell me the truth...that you didn't give up on me...that you want to be with me again...that you love me..."

"Doyeon...I..."

I reached to cup her face. I let her look at me. I want to see her precious eyes and of what they mean. When I did, I saw doubt. It made my statement true.

"Yoodaeng..." I called her that name again. "Yoodaeng, I love you..."

I don't want to twist her thoughts. I want her to get the truth out of herself. Because I know that I still have a spot in Yoojung's heart.

"Doyeon...what would your sisters think of me? Sohye's fine but Chungha and Sejeong? They have their despise towards me." Yoojung spoke.

"That's not what I want to hear from you." I batted. "Yoojung, don't hide your feelings. What happened to the Choi Yoojung I used to know who ran all the way to knock on those doors just to talk to me? What happened to your eagerness, Yoojung? Yah..." I was crying again. "...don't doubt your feelings. I know you love me. You always have..."

"I do, Doyeon." Yoojung spoke and I felt like my soul was taken away to a heavenly place. "I always do...but..."

"But?"

"Family matters more. You aspired for them, to help them have this life, a better life. If I were inside that picture, matters will worsen. I don't want to be a hindrance of your dream for your family."

"Yoojung, have you forgotten what you said?" I asked her.

"What?" She wondered.

"You said I'd be a part of your dreams. Let me say it again..." I said and let her look at me. "...you're also a part of mine. I can achieve that with you and it's not going to affect the present."

"Doyeon..." Yoojung sighed. "We can't do this. We're in our own lives now, right?"

"Why are you saying that?" I was crying again. "I love you and you love me so why would we distance ourselves? So what if my sisters and I don't get along? Yoojung, I've already had memories with them. Please..." I pleaded while I wiped my tears away. "...I want to have a memory with you. I want to regain you and spend my life with you...because I'm afraid one day I'm not going to cherish everything once I can't remember anymore..."

Yoojung gave me a look of worry, a look I didn't want to see on her face, a look I fear one day.

"Doyeon...what are you saying?"

"After I left with our meeting, I lost myself in the city. It took me days to get home. And during the speech, I was on my own world, dazed even. I'm not sure of this but Yoojung..." I huffed. "...I have a condition..."

"Doyeon..."

"This day...and all the days to come? One day, I won't remember them anymore. My sisters, my friends, you...one day I will forget you...and that is my greatest fear, Yoojung."

"D-Doyeon...I don't understand..."

"Yoojung..." I began, whispering in her ear. "I have a condition. I have Alzheimer's disease..."

***

No. I'm hearing things again. There's no way Doyeon could have that.

"That's a serious condition, Doyeon." I grew worried. "Maybe that's just your opinion-we can have that checked." I held her hands back. "I'll help you..."

"If I did have that disease, what would happen?" She asked. "I researched it and got its symptoms. And besides, I'd accept it."

I would've been ashamed. Right now, I was sobbing like a little kid. Mina and Sohye would've thought Doyeon and I were like a mother and daughter and I'm the little kid crying hard because my mom won't buy me my favorite food.

Jokes aside. I also panicked as Doyeon went to my side and comforted me. I was worried of what she just said. Prank or not, I don't want that to happen to Doyeon.

"Shhh... Yoodaeng... don't cry. I'm not dead or anything. I'm still here, see?" She said and I felt her hug me tighter.

"Why are you saying ?" I asked her while I was wiping my own tears away. "All the same, I'm helping you. I'll tell Sohye-"

"No." She said, covering my mouth. "You can't tell them. Only you can know."

"What?!" I asked as I got Doyeon's hand off of my mouth. "Why are you saying more again?"

"Yoojung." She spoke and I could only look at her. "Despite of being the youngest, my siblings would be responsible of me. But now that we're all grown up, I can't let them worry about me anymore. I don't want to look pitiful like the youngest sibling I was."

"Doyeon." I spoke back. "I may not have sisters, but I do know this." I held her hand again. "It's their obligation as the older ones in the family. Chungha and Sejeong would be there for you like your mothers would do if they were alive. They care for you and Sohye...because you are family. They would never pity you. They will always care for you. They love you..."

"Yoojung, please..." Doyeon pleaded. "I need you to understand me this time."

"Doyeon..." I tear up again.

"I have always been grateful to my sisters in taking care of me. But recently, I'd disappoint them. That's why they can't find out about this. I want to face this oblivion on my own."

I had no choice. I nodded. I felt Doyeon hug me tight. I hugged her back as I said.

"Can I look over you, Doyeon?"

I broke to reach for her face. I wiped her tears away as she held my hand and leant onto it. She nodded, her eyes saying that she never wants to let me go and she will let me take care of her.

I obliged to. Besides, I had to be honest. I love her. I always do.

***

"For some lovebirds who had some grudges against each other, I could see the love remaining, Doyeon," said Sohye.

"Yeah..." I nodded, all while drinking some tea. "...I guess that's just how it is."

"I heard Yoojung crying like a kid. What happened?" Sohye asked. "What did you say to her?"

"That?" I chuckled. "She was just overwhelmed of that date."

"You know, Doyeon..." Sohye began. "...during the long run of our lives, you still had your strong will and still had that spot for Yoojung."

"Well, it's just like time never flew by. You know, in spite of those boundaries and even if the past hurt like hell, some force in the universe is pulling us back together." I answered.

"That's love, Doyeon..." Sohye said. "Isn't it?"

Sohye's statement rang in my head for a while because to be completely honest, why would I chase her through the walks of life and wait for her to come back? We're over, she said. We're done, I also said. But...there's a chance of coming back right? If you love someone, you'll come back to her, right?

I felt my tears flowing out and Sohye oats my back. "It is, Sohye. It has always been. It never faded over the years because I stood up to that fact."

I was true to that. I'm glad the feud between us is over and that I still cared. And I will continue to care until the time I will lose this memory...

***

Mina and Chaeyeon were sleeping peacefully in their rooms. I was still up, using the PC to research more about Doyeon's condition.

The Internet sure had answers to this. From the diagnosis, symptoms, even the fact there is no cure for it.

"No cure, huh?" I mumbled, closing the tab.

I slumped on my seat as I saw the hidden picture of Doyeon and I by the wall. Looking at her side of the picture, my stopped. And I wonder if it'll stop forever because...Doyeon has always been a part of me...

If she'll be gone, what would happen to me?

I put my hands on my face and I cried again. How could I not see this before? How could I let my ego and hate prevent me from taking Doyeon back? How could I've been a sore loser and waste time? I could've had Doyeon back to me and had more moments, knowing she'll lose them in the future.

A lot of time has been wasted. I wasted all those moments on hate. And now, I wonder if I can get my strength back and spend the remaining time to be with Doyeon...no matter what it takes.

***

I woke up cheerfully and went inside a room, tackling the sleeping person for a hug. She was whining but I still bugged her.

"Sohye-ya!! Happy Birthday!!" I yelled, all while I showered her head with kisses.

"Yah!" Sohye pushed me off and we both laughed. "Thanks, Doyeon."

I winked and pulled her up as Sejeong called us for breakfast. The day went on, with Sohye eating a grand breakfast because Chungha cooked a stack of pancakes for the birthday girl.

During the course of the day, I watch Sohye plan out her birthday. I remind her to invite her other friends and co-workers in the university.

"I'll invite Mina, Chaeyeon, and Yoojung too." She said.

I was down. Sohye noticed that and sighed. "You're worried of Sejeong and Chungha?"

I nodded. She sighed again. "Because...they might get mad because of the three..."

"It's my birthday, Doyeon. I plan whatever I want and I'm inviting whoever I want. Besides, you and Yoojung are the most important guests. I want my two favorite people on my special day." Sohye grinned.

"Okay."

"Doyeon." Sohye called and I paid attention. "No one lives long in hate. You of all people know that, seeing our sisters and Yoojung. I want to root that fact in our sisters so that there will be peace."

I could smile at the third sibling of our family. Sohye was always the peacemaker. She was supportive of me towards my love for Yoojung and before, she couldn't stop Sejeong and Chungha. Being the young ones, I understood her stand.

A beep disrupted me as I went to reach it. I got a text from an unknown number.

Good morning, Doyeon

I inquired a neurologist to check on you. Please be obedient and visit her. I worry about you and your condition. You'd let me help you, right?

Choi Yoojung

"What is that, Doyeon?" I felt Sohye by my back and I hid my message.

"It's nothing." I answered.

"Neurologist? What happened? Are you okay? Do you have an ailment-"

"No, no! I have this friend that needs help." I assured her. "Excuse me, So. I need to call her."

Sohye nodded and I went out to relieve myself. I smiled of the message, feeling Yoojung's concern towards me. I saved the message in a secret note and deleted the message.

I can't let Sohye nor anyone else know. Yoojung is the only one who knows and I knew she kept it.

I still have no guts to tell them the truth yet...

***

I got the invitation to Sohye's birthday and now, I went to the house with Chaeyeon and Mina. A lot of people came and Sohye accommodated us to our table. Sejeong and Chungha had serious looks but they couldn't do anything. I guess Sohye's the boss of the day.

There was fun and celebration and we also had dinner. Mina gave Sohye something special and Chaeyeon was busy indulging on the strawberry desserts. For me, I couldn't keep my eyes off of Doyeon. I felt a nudge. It was Sohye.

"She's going to the second floor. Why don't you follow her?" She said.

I nodded lightly and Sohye showed me the directions. I followed her words and by the hallways, there was Doyeon.

I could admire here right here. She looked so peaceful, all while looking at a picture of what happens to be a view from Jeju. I knew that picture. It was the one she took when we went out toward the cliff, a place that meant the world to me because I found love on that place. Most importantly, I found Doyeon.

"You still remember that, right?" I spoke and Doyeon faced me with a smile.

"Of course I do. Those memories by the cliff are the ones I would never want to forget." Doyeon said.

"Me too." I grinned at her. "I will never forget. From the time I wake up to the time I fall asleep again, I will never forget that place."

"Yoojung? Can I share something?" Doyeon asked.

"Sure." I nodded.

"I wonder...if the time will come that my memories will fade, even though my heart wants to go back to that place, I might never be able to do that..." Doyeon spoke. "I wonder what would happen to the world around me..."

"Doyeon..." I said, moving closer. "... I'm not some deity who can stop your condition but...I hope you're giving me the chance to help you."

"I am, Yoojung. I just need some time to think about it." Doyeon sighed.

"Please...you said yes. Let me help you. Let me take care of you." I said again.

"Yoojung..." Doyeon smiled sadly. "I'm okay."

"But what if time will come that you won't be okay?" I asked. "Look, as far as I've seen, you worked your off." I said and she laughed lightly. "You care for others but sometimes, you can't take care of yourself. And you had to go through all the begging just to get me back and I realize, I need to repay you for that. So please..." I went to hold her hand. "...look into yourself that you deserve to be taken care of. Look into yourself that you need someone to take care of you."

"Yoojung, don't root it in your head." Doyeon said.

"I will always root that in my head. I'm your friend." I said, holding both of her hands.

"Yoojung..."

"I'm your friend..." I sighed. "I'm the person who loves more than anything..."

I wanted to get that out for so long. I wonder, why now? Why didn't I do it sooner? But to the least, she had to know.

"When you told me of your condition, I felt honored. I never thought you'd tell me first, not even your sisters know. Because you believed in me renounced of all that has happened between us." I said. "Us meeting together and facing obscurity on our separate roads? It replayed twice in our lives. I would've hit myself to know that it is tiring. I wanted it to stop." I look into her eyes. "But fate lets us go with the flow of its script in this play, in this life...and it kept us coming back to each other. I now realize that this love is significant to me and with that, I'll be there for you again..."

I reached to cup her face. Doyeon was crying again. I wipe her tears away and felt her hands holding my short forearms.

"Yoojung-ah... Yoodaeng..." She mumbled.

"Dodojjyu, I can't force you if you can handle it. But if you can't..." I spoke and cupped her face. "...know that I'll be here again. I'll be here for you again...because I love you..."

I felt her hug me tight and I didn't hesitate to hug her back. I look at her and fix her up from all the crying as she pinches my cheeks for making her cry of my nice words.

"Okay, lovebirds." Mina saw us and I flipped out when Doyeon pats my head. "Sohye's waiting."

I could only nod with Doyeon. I felt her hand holding mine as we went down. But she lets go as we got to the ground floor. I smiled. I had to understand.

We had a wonderful time celebrating Sohye's birthday. For me, I felt more wonderful. I'm starting to win Doyeon back bit by bit.

***

I was having a good breakfast alone. Chungha was off to work with Sohye. I was munching onto a good salad when Sejeong came by.

"Happy morning, Sejeong." I greeted.

"Happy morning, Doyeon," said Sejeong as she poured me some turmeric tea. "Here. Have a drink."

I nodded and let it cool off. As I drank, I felt a stinging pain by my head. I huffed, my vision going a little blurry. I shake that off lightly and came back to reality.

"Sejeong, can you make me some tea?" I asked.

"Doyeon, it's right there. I made you some a while ago." Sejeong chuckled.

As soon realize it, it hit me. I gulped. I felt Sejeong hold my hand and I shook lightly.

"Doyeon-ah, are you okay? What's wrong?" Sejeong looked at me worriedly.

A phone call disrupted our atmosphere as I went to grab it. I see the dialler and I went out to answer it. "Yoodaeng."

"Dodojjyu, are you at home?" She asked and I smiled hearing her voice.

"I am. I'm off to work at 9 A.M." I answered.

"Okay. I got something for you. I'll send it at your office."

"What are you sending to me?" I asked.

" coconut oil tablets. It's good for the brain." She commented. "I also added some mixed nuts."

I chuckled of Yoojung. She's so sweet. "You know what, just deliver it all at my office before noon. I have a check-up." I said. "I'm going to that neurologist that you sent me through your message."

"That's great! Let me come with you."

"I'll go myself. I told you, Yoodaeng..." I chuckled. "... I'll tell you when I need help."

"Okay." Yoojung answered.

"Uh... Yoodaeng?"

"Yes, Dodojjyu?"

"Will you wait for me after the check-up? Can we go out?"

"Say no more." Yoojung chuckled. "I'll be there later. Text me okay?"

"Okay." I said and hung up.

I went back up and Sejeong was done eating, all ready for her work. I went back to finish my meal and she pats my back and kissed my forehead. "I need to go."

"Okay. See you later." I said.

"We'll talk later." She added and then she left the house.

As Sejeong left the house, I sighed. I didn't think of it yet. She can't know yet. Nonetheless, I fixed my dishes, took care myself and for ready for work.

For the first time, I felt excited. I get to go out with my Yoodaeng...

***

I was waiting outside the hospital, pacing by the hallways sometimes, worrying on how Doyeon had been. Sometimes, I went inside, seeing her doing some little exercises. Seeing Doyeon's tall structure, I found her cute.

"Miss Choi, so glad for you to come in. I'm glad you came along with Miss Kim." The doctor said.

"Well, I recommended you to her, doc." I grinned.

"I'm glad she has some loved ones to come with her. I heard you had sisters, Miss Kim. One of them should come with you, at least," said the doctor.

"They're busy, Doctor Ho. Actually, my sister Sejeong had been aware of it." Doyeon answered.

"That's why I came with her doc." I said too.

"They're busy, Doctor Ho. Actually, my sister Sejeong had been aware of it." Doyeon answered again.

My gosh. I froze like Doctor Ho. I was just flustered. "Doyeon..."

"Mind her of that, Miss Choi. As a friend, I know you're concerned. But for the time being, her family needs to know and come with her throughout her check-ups."

"Why, doc?" Doyeon asked innocently.

"Because of your diagnosis with Alzheimer's, your condition is in the brink towards its moderate stage."

"What happens if it reaches there?" I asked.

I could look at Doyeon all dazed. I sighed as her condition was taking over her slowly. I held her hand and she nods as Doctor Ho continued.

"If it reaches to the moderate stage, sudden forgetfulness will occur constantly, like the things she just said earlier...like how she said her phrase twice. In logical aspects, it'll get complicated. Only time can tell if her condition will go for the worst."

I comforted Doyeon. The check-up was over for now so she and I thanked Doctor Ho and went out the hospital. A part of me was excited. Another part felt hurt.

It hurt my heart even more as I saw her cry. I pat her back and she continued to sniffle. I face her this time and wiped the tears off of her face.

"Doyeon, you are the strongest woman I've ever met. You're tough and you're not scared of anything..." I said.

"Yoodaeng..." She cried again. "I'm going to..."

"Don't think about it too much. If it did come, I'll be here for you. I'm not leaving you." I said.

She nodded and hugged me again. I hugged her back and felt her tremble beying my stature. I felt her arms around me, her fingers crumpling my shirt.

"It's okay...it's okay..." I spoke through her cries.

"Yoodaeng...can you take me to your place?" She asked.

"Sure, Dodojjyu. Whatever you need."

***

I was thankful for Yoojung. I chilled in her home as she keeps an eye of me for any complications regarding my condition. Also, I had a wonderful time with Yoojung as we hung out. That lasted for a while until it was time that I had to go back home.

I would've gone home alone but Yoojung insisted that she picks me up. I was scared because Sejeong or Chungha might kick her . But she assured me that she will be fine so I agreed.

Now, we got home. I thanked Yoojung for keeping me company throughout the day.
"No problem, Doyeon." Yoojung nodded. "I need to go now."

I didn't want to. I pulled her close to me and hugged her close to me. My heart was pumping quickly and I wanted this feeling again. I chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"Yah, Dodojjyu..." She mumbled. "Haha...I miss this..."

"I miss this too..." I mumbled.

"Doyeon, you can let go now." Yoojung said.

"Let me hug you a little longer." I pouted.

I hug her again, being careful not to choke her. I felt her arms around me and I giggled.

"I love you, Yoodaeng." I confessed.

"I-"

"Doyeon!" I looked and saw Sejeong.

She stormed towards us and pulled me away from Yoojung. I was pissed of her attitude again.

"What is this?!" Sejeong asked me. "And you!" She points at Yoojung. "What are you doing here?!"

"Sejeong, stop this." I demanded. "Yoojung, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I need to go." Yoojung spoke, getting inside her car and driving away.

Sejeong's hold on me was still tight. She pulled me back to the house and shoved me on the couch.

"What were you doing with that woman?! We've talked about this!!" She yelled at me. "I told you many times that you shouldn't interact with her!"

"Sejeong, she just picked me up from work! Seriously, what the is your problem with Yoojung?!" I yelled back.

"How come she picked you up from work, huh?! Why ask her?!" Sejeong kept on yelling. "Don't tell me you're dating her again!! Doyeon, I swear to God-"

"So what if we were?!" I snapped.

"She's the only one who cared of my condition!" I added and I gasped, covering my mouth.

"You didn't tell us about this..." Sejeong hissed and then her aura turned dark. "So this is it, huh? You have the guts to tell her and not us, your sisters?!!"

"So what if she knows!! She's my girlfriend!!" I yelled.

"Well, I'm your sister!! Your blood, Doyeon!! Who are you trying to fool?! Your sisters?!! Me?!!"

"Sejeong..." I cried. "I meant to tell you at a right time..."

"Right time?! You told Yoojung before me, how is that right and fair?!!" Sejeong yelled again and I can't take it. "You know what?!! You have this condition and you even had the guts to flirt around that good-for-nothing boatwoman!!"

*slap*

I can't believe I did that. I saw Sejeong holding her face, tears running down her face. I saw Sohye come back home and comforting me, all while scolding Sejeong for yelling at me.

"Doyeon, go upstairs." She said.

I could only cry. Why did this happen to me? Of all people to be given obscurity, why me?

Why?

***

I am at the cemetery, relieving myself from all the tears as I glimpsed the stone engraved by the name of a friend.

"Yoojung, you came?" I looked to the side and saw Kyulkyung.

"Yeah. I came by to visit." Yoojung said. "So...how you've been?"

"I've been good, Yoojung. Eunwoo has been taking great care of me. My kids, Siyeon and Kyla are doing well." She answered then went close to the stone. "I wished Nayoung saw Siyeon grow up."

I recalled everything Chaeyeon told me about Nayoung after her vigil. Nayoung and I lost touch after I quit the team, only to realize that she had cancer. She and Kyulkyung did marry and had their child, Siyeon. When Siyeon turned two, Nayoung passed away. Kyulkyung was left with her daughter but she remarried to Jung Eunwoo and had their second daughter, Kyla.

"She's watching up there, Kyulkyung." I chuckled.

"She is." Kyulkyung smiled.

I got another flower and went to another grave. I saw the engraved stone and I just held a chuckle.

"Hey, Yeonjung. I'm Choi Yoojung, your girlfriend's first love." I began. "I know it disgraces your soul to see me but I wanted to stop by and visit. I never thought you and Nayoung were buried in the same place."

Yeah, it was . Hello? Why would I visit my enemy's grave? And besides, Yeonjung and I had no connection whatsoever so why did I even bother?

"Mind me. Listen, Doyeon's sick and nothing will cure it. I'm sorry to barge in, even though I got to her first, but as a person, I ask your permission for Doyeon." I began. "I know you did it out of love. I can see that you just care for Doyeon. Now, I want to take care of her and love like how you would do when you're still alive. I also want to thank you...because you gave me back my chance. Thank you for taking care of Doyeon when I wasn't there for her..."

I sighed and left. With that, I call for Doyeon.

***

I was eating with Sejeong again. There was tension from yesterday's incident but toss that aside, I need to answer the call.

I got my phone and answered. "Hello?"

It kept ringing. Weird. I pressed various buttons and yelled again. "Hello?!"

"Doyeon." Sejeong stopped me and a phone was on her hand. "Doyeon, you were holding a calculator. Here's your phone."

I didn't answer. In fact, I couldn't answer back. I feel...empty...frozen...hollow...

I feel Sejeong escorting me back to the table to eat. She sat on her seat again, serving me up some food.

"Doyeon-ah, eat some more." I heard Sejeong.

...

Weird...why can't I move my hands?

...

"Doyeon-ah?"

Who was that?

"Doyeon-ah!"

What am I doing here? Where am I?

"Doyeon-ah."

*snap*

I was at the dining room and Sejeong was next to me, giving me a worried look. She took me to my bedroom and laid me to sleep.

"Yah, Sejeong...what are you..."

"You need to rest." She said. "Just...don't rely on anyone. I'll take care of you..."

She hugs me and I felt her tremble. I felt my mind wobbling my thoughts around but I hugged her back. She lays me to sleep and tucked me to bed, adding a kiss on the forehead, just like what she always does when I was still a baby.

*gasp*

I jolted up. I wonder where am I again? What time is it? How long have I been asleep?!

I went to the kitchen and I saw some food and turmeric tea. I went closer, smelling the delicious pancakes and saw a note by the plate.

Doyeonnie

Unnie made you breakfast. Don't worry about work. Unnie asked permission to your boss for you. Eat and drink some tea. And also get some rest.

I love you, baby Doyeonnie

Sejeong


And then the thoughts recalled by themselves. One, I mistaken a calculator for a phone. Two, I was dazed and I can't move my hands. Three, I slept for so long. And four, Sejeong found out about my condition and she was worried sick.

I couldn't blame Sejeong for being so aggressive sometimes. She's protective, like Eommoni and I wonder why she despises Yoojung.

Nonetheless, I decided to rest, just like Sejeong said I should do.

***

I was pacing around my office, growing worried of the fact that Doyeon hasn't called. I called her a while ago but she didn't answer.

"You and your worrying." Chaeyeon babbled. "Why don't you go there to see how she's-oh wait-Sejeong will kick your again."

"Thanks for that, Chaeyeon." I said sarcastically.

"If you want to, go." She said again.

"What happened to what you said earlier? You're weird, Chaeyeon." I said. "You know what? I'll go see her. I'll be ready for Sejeong."

"And Chungha?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Her as well." I said.

Chaeyeon tosses me my car keys and I bed goodbye, going down and driving at Doyeon's place. Being there before, I got used to shortcuts and my drive towards the place was shorter than expected.

I rang the doorbell, wondering if Doyeon's home. I saw Sohye exiting their house and I sighed in relief.

"Hey, Yoojung. What brings you here?" She asked as she lets me come in. "Doyeon, Yoojung's here!"

"Are your sisters home?" I asked.

"No. Just me and Doyeon-"

"Yoodaeng~" Doyeon went to tackle me for a hug.

I smiled as I felt Doyeon's hug, even Sohye laughed at the sight of us. I tested her. "Should I call Mina to come here?"

"She's busy. We're having a date tomorrow anyways." Sohye grinned.

Doyeon pulls me inside and Sohye followed. When we sat by the living room, the three of us just hang out and talked. And as minutes passed by, Sohye would text Mina and I talked with Doyeon all day.

I also checked her if she was fine. I asked her of yesterday's call and she told me everything, also of the fact that Sejeong found out about her condition.

Seeing Sohye outside calling Mina, I asked Doyeon. "Did she tell your sisters?"

"No. In fact, she turned into a greater sourpuss. She didn't let me work today." Doyeon pouted and damn, she looked cute.

"Mind your sister. She just worries." I said, patting her head.

"I grew mad at her. I told her not to mess with you again." She said.

I laughed of Doyeon's cuteness. We continued to keep each other's company until Sejeong arrived from her work. I greeted her and she just stares at me.

Sohye and Doyeon went to greet Sejeong and hugged her tight. Sejeong hugged back, especially towards Doyeon. I smiled. Sejeong's just worried and loves Doyeon dearly is all.

"Yoojung, join us for dinner." Sejeong said.

"Thank you...but I need to go now." I said.

"You're coming tomorrow, right?" Doyeon asked.

Sejeong stared as Sohye calms her down. Doyeon waited for an answer and I said: "I'll text you."

"Wait... Chungha asked me to pick her up." Sejeong sighed. "Yoojung, why don't we go down together?"

I nodded. I bid goodbye to Doyeon and Sohye and joined Sejeong down, exitting their household. As I got to my car, Sejeong stops me. I sighed as I face her.

"What do you think you're doing in our house? Didn't my warnings in the past get in your head?!" Sejeong spoke angrily.

"Sejeong, I didn't come to meddle. I just worry for Doyeon." I reasoned.

"Then don't worry of her anymore. She's my priority now." Sejeong hissed.

"Sejeong." I stood firm. "As a friend, I worry for her. Please..."

"No. You're not worthy for Doyeon and you never will."

"Alright...if this is not going to work, then tell me." I confronted her. "What did I do wrong, Sejeong? Years ago, you said I was worthy for Doyeon and now you take it back? Also, you should be grateful I helped in saving Sohye despite of your treatment towards me. Tell me, Sejeong..." I look intently at her. "...why do you hate me?"

"A boatwoman killed our parents." Sejeong mumbled.

I was shocked. I remember Doyeon telling me of her parents' tragedy. Was it a lie? "What? Doyeon told me your parents died in a wreckage."

"No." Sejeong huffed. "A drunken boatwoman murdered them when they were on a trip. I didn't tell my sisters about it because if they saw you guys, especially Chungha? She'll lose control. I didn't tell Sohye and Doyeon because they were too young to know the truth."

"That's why, huh?" I asked. "Sejeong, I'm so sorry. Trust me..." I assure her. "I'm not that kind of boatwoman. Besides, I'm not a boatwoman anymore."

Sejeong still had that look of doubt. I couldn't blame her. I nodded and went towards my car and drove of. I wonder if I would take Doyeon on a date or not. I feel guilty.

A call disrupted my drive, I put it on Bluetooth, getting my headset. "Doyeon?"

"Yoodaeng, pick me up tomorrow for our date, okay?"

"Sure." I nodded. "Text me if you're done, okay?"

Doyeon hummed and hung up. I sighed and continued to drive.

Despite of my guilt because of Sejeong, I'm taking Doyeon out tomorrow.

***

I was now in a car with Yoojung as she took me somewhere. When we got there and got inside a restaurant, I could chuckle. It was almost like a place for kids and enthusiasts of board games.

"What are we doing in here, Yoojung? Are we going to play Monopoly or something?" I asked.

"Haha, no. Well, if you want to, we can. We're going to enjoy, eat, and have our date." She answered.

Date? Really? I don't recall that or maybe it was just me and this condition of mine. Anyways, we got to our table. Yoojung lets me sit first as she then sat on hers. I look around and I wowed. The place was extravagant for a child-friendly place.

"Wow, this place is just..." I gasped. "Why here, Yoojung?"

"The place is new. I want to try it out and I want to date you here. You look gorgeous so I should take you somewhere extravagant yet special." She answered.

"Well, this dress was Sohye's gift. She whined because I don't get to wear it. I had to wear this to stop her from whining." I said and we both chuckled.

"What about my ring?" She asked. "Why don't you wear it? I'd whine too." She added a pout.

"You...you remember..." I mumbled.

"Of course I do. I have one just like it." She said, showing a gold ring. "It doesn't wear off, just like the memories we had with them."

I smiled at Yoojung, all while holding her hand. With her words, I was reminded to wear that ring this time around.

Our food came and we had a wonderful time eating and enjoying this date. I wanted to play Monopoly and we did after we ate, just like little kids enjoying a little game towards friendship and good memories.

As we played, I would look at Yoojung, feeling thankful that after all of what happened, she's here with me, taking me out all over again. I couldn't be happier. I've longed for this. I even forget sometimes but my heart takes me back on track to remember once more.

After a few hours, we went out the restaurant. I could thank Yoojung forever for this date. It was the best night I've had in years. She offered me a ride back home and I obliged to it. Sejeong and Chungha would flip out but I cared less.

As we got home, Yoojung walked me by the gate. I thanked her again and she just grinned. She looked adorable. She was about to start goodbye and walked when I pulled her for a kiss.

The kiss meant a lot to me and it was longer than expected. I felt her muffle her breathing and we had to break.

"Doyeon..."

"I've been longing for that. Thanks again for the date, Yoojung."

"You're welcome. Come on, you need to get inside." She said.

I nodded and watched her leave. I got inside and a smiled was etched on my face.

I put a hand on my chest and I felt it beat, just like it did during my past life with Yoojung.

I waltz in the house and my sisters were there. But what triggered me was that Sohye's face had a bruise, Sejeong's too. And Chungha and Sejeong scold Sohye.

"What's going on here?!" I asked as I went to Sohye. "Sohye, what happened?"

"She had to talk back at me!" Sejeong reasoned.

I find it stupid. I smelt alcohol and it hit me. I grew mad. "You're drunk! Your mind's disoriented! And you Chungha!" I pointed at her. "You didn't stop her?!"

"Unnie just came from the backyard, Doyeon. Don't get that in your head." Sohye huffed.

"But it's still wrong! You two might be older than us but you can't just go and hurt us!" I defended. "Sejeong, why did you punch Sohye?"

"She was stopping me. I saw you with Yoojung again." Sejeong spat and hiccuped.

"You what?!" Chungha was mad again. "You went out with her?!"

"Yah, Kim Chungha!" Sohye yelled. "What's wrong with it?! What the is your problem with Yoojung?! She's not hurting Doyeon!"

"So what if I insult Yoojung?! There's nothing you can do with it! She doesn't derseve you, Doyeon!" Chungha yelled. "The next time you're going somewhere, you're going home here and you will never see that Yoojung ever again!"

"You're in it again! You always say that in front of my ing face!" I yelled as I slapped Chungha' face twice. "You have no right to say that to me again! And you have no right to defy that, Yeonjung!!"

That . She ruined everything. She ruined my dreams with Yoojung. As she died, I could laugh. I wanted her out of this goddamn world.

Ah! My head!!! It stings!!

"Doyeon-ah! Doyeon!" I heard Sohye.

I shook my head and I saw their shocked looks, especially Chungha's. Sohye had her eyes dilated. Sejeong may be drunk but she couldn't believe what had happened. And Chungha...she cried.

"Doyeon-ah... I'm not Yeonjung. I'm not your late girlfriend..." She mumbled, her hand holding her face.

"You know what?" Sohye huffed and pulled me away. "We're staying in my condo. We need to leave for a while!!"

I heard Chungha yell at us to wait. I would've stopped but Sohye pulled me inside her car and we drove to her condo. During the drive, I stared into space. I saw Sohye's worried look while driving. I even felt her hand holding mine.

"Doyeon, what happened back there? Are you okay?" She asked.

I recall those faces and I recall my condition. Seeing my sisters in pain and anger hurt my heart. Despite of saying that I want to be with Yoojung, a part of me was telling that I should reconsider for my sisters.

I wonder what would Sohye think...

"Sohye, did I break down back there?" I asked.

"You did. Which reminds me..." Sohye said as she stopped to a red light. "...what happened, Doyeon? Are you not feeling well?" She holds my hand. "Tell your Sohye-unnie. Please...I worry about you."

"Can I talk about it next time?" I pleaded back. "I'm tired..."

"Okay..." Sohye nodded.

The light turned green and Sohye drove again. I sighed as I decide to rest for a bit.

***

Mina tosses me an invitation card. I would've been pissed for her disturbance in my office but as I opened it, I got curious.

"A dance party? What's with this?" I asked.

"My fellow worker, Hyeyeon, has invited us. She got three extra invitations. I would ask you and Chaeyeon but Chaeyeon said she can't come due to a trip in Sentosa. So, I plan that I give them to you, to Sohye and you give the other one to Doyeon." She grinned.

I would've thought Mina had the craziest plans. But this one was her first good idea. It would be fun. There will be a double date plus I get to take Doyeon out.

"Okay." I nodded.

Mina made a call to Sohye and I with Doyeon. After that, I resumed work and Mina left for hers. A smile plastered itself on my face because Doyeon said yes.

Work was faster and easier and afterwards, I went with Mina to get ready. I offered the ride, going towards Sohye's condo. As we arrived, they were waiting. I let Doyeon sit next to me as the Shikshin duo were at the back.

We arrived at the place and boy, was it fun. A lot of people were there, partying, eating chips and drinking soda, and there was even a little argument by the back.

Hyeyeon came to greet us. I never thought the innocent girl was a party-goer.

"Welcome. Now go get loose and party!" She said, pushing the four of us by the crowd.

Mina wasted no time, wrapping Sohye and dancing with her. Sohye joined her. For me and Doyeon, we just laughed and danced even though we at partying.

Despite of y moves, I still had fun and Doyeon did too. I would glimpse as Mina and Sohye were killing the dance floor. I felt Doyeon hold my hand and I joined her.

"This is nuts. I can't believe I at this." I laughed.

"Here." Doyeon pulled me close and danced with me. "You got it?"

I laughed and got the hang out it, also recalling that moment I danced with her before. It was funny. I led her before and now the tables turned.

"You still remember..." I said.

"A little. Although you led me before. How did you get two left feet now?" She asked and I laughed with her.

"Yoojung, let's switch!!" Mina cheered.

Doyeon and I danced and we switched partners. As I faced Sohye, I stopped as I saw Doyeon push herself off of Mina. The people were facing us as we went towards them. I comforted Doyeon.

"What are you doing here?" She asked at Mina.

"Huh? I thought we're supposed to dance..." Mina answered. "D-Doyeon..."

"I know who you are." She mumbled, her eyes dilated. "I beg of you, don't go near me..." I felt Doyeon back away. "D-Don't bother us... Yeonjung..." I gasped as she cried. "I don't want you to kill Yoojung..."

Oh no. Her condition is going worse. I need to get her head together. Despite of my short stature, I let her look at me.

"Doyeon... Dodojjyu..." I comforted her. "Yeonjung is not here..."

Sohye went to calm Mina down. I had to stay and comfort Doyeon. "Dodojjyu, look at me. Look at me..." I cup her face.

"Yoodaeng... Y-Yeonjung..."

"She's not here. We're at Hyeyeon's place, partying." I said.

"B-But I saw her..." Doyeon sniffled.

I escorted her to sit down and hugged her tight. She hugged me back and she sobs in my arms.

Now I wonder again. Shall I tell her sisters of her condition?

***

Yoojung told me everything that had happened last night. Mina was mad at me, Sohye was questioning of what happened to me and Yoojung kept on watching me and I pleaded to her not to tell Mina and not to let Sohye speculate and she did.

I felt guilty for hallucinating and involve Mina. I wanted to apologize so Yoojung and Sohye conducted a little hangout for the four of us.

Now, we were at a restaurant. I kept apologizing to Mina and forgives me, even Sohye. Nonetheless, we got along again and spent time like the usual.

"I heard Chaeyeon's trip in Sentosa was a investment for her own business." Mina said.

"Really? What's it about?" Yoojung asked and I giggled on how cute she was when she talks about business.

"Hmm... construction work?" Mina spoke.

"Doyeon, Sejeong works at the construction site." Sohye said too.

"Really? She's under what company?" Mina asked her.

"Hmm...G9 Corporate." Sohye answered.

"That's Chaeyeon's partner company." Mina gasped. "So...your sister is going to work for Chaeyeon!"

"What?" Sohye and I gasped. "Seriously?!"

"If you put it that way, then yes." Yoojung nodded. "Why?"

"Well, you know how it is...this feud and all..." I mumbled.

"But it could also be a reconciliation. Not only that, Sejeong's going to get closer to her crush!" Sohye spoke and we all laughed.

"Oh, a dance party!" Mina pointed. "Sohye-ya, let's go!"

I laughed as Sohye was pulled by Mins to dance. I saw Yoojung stand and lend a hand to me. "Shall we?"

I remember those hallucinations. I grew scared. Yoojung smiles at me and she assured me. "It won't happen again. I promise. I'll face your fear with you."

I trust Yoojung. I nodded and joined her on the dance floor. When we danced, I was still leading Yoojung. I laughed of her cute reaction and I help her dance. Sometime, she got used to it and she led me again.

Yoojung leading me would be a funny sight but I liked it that way. I felt assured of her. When I am with Yoojung, I felt assured. Memories of her efforts flood over and I could smile at her. It made me happy and it became a concrete reason why I continued to love her.

As we danced, I huffed. Yoojung grew worried.

"Doyeon, are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm just tired. Can I sit down?"

Yoojung nodded and offered me my chair. Sohye and Mina noticed us and they also stopped. Sohye checked me.

"Doyeon?"

"I'm fine, Sohye." I said. "Can we have something to drink?"

Yoojung nodded and went to get some juice. Mina and Sohye stayed for a bit and eyed on me.

"Mina, Doyeon and I need to talk." Sohye said.

Mina nodded and went with Yoojung towards the counter. I faced Sohye and she gives me that serious look.

"Doyeon, is there something you're hiding from me? Seriously, what happened to you? Why did you... hallucinate of Yeonjung?"

It hit me. Well, Sejeong knew about my condition but she cared less and didn't tell anyone, in which I was glad about. If I used my chances of sharing this, I'd tell Sohye first because she the most trusted sibling.

And I think that time has come. "Sohye...I have a condition."

"Alzheimer's, is it?" Sohye guessed and I nodded.

I saw her disappointed. She looked at me like how Sejeong and Chungha looked when Yoojung was on topic. The difference? Sohye's had the scariest look.

"Sohye..."

"So Yoojung found out before we did, huh?" Sohye began. "And to think of it, I thought I'd know first. Too bad Sejeong stole my slot."

Another thing was Sohye's tone. She was sarcastic and she can kill with her words and actions. I was shaking. I don't want her get angry. She's all that I can lean onto, as a sister.

"Sohye, please don't get mad. I meant to tell you at the right time. Please..." I pleaded. "...you're all that I have left in our family. I can't trust Sejeong and Chungha anymore."

Sohye's was in the brink of her impatience. I would've thought she just slapped me. But no. She cried in front of me.

"Why didn't you tell me right away, Doyeon?" She even wiped her own tears away. "I could've helped you sooner. The three of us: Mina, Yoojung and I, could've helped you sooner. My gosh, why didn't I see this before?"

"Sohye." I said to calm her down. “It's not your fault. I should've told you before."

I hug Sohye tight. I heard Sohye sigh and felt her hug me back.

"Don't hide the truth from me again. You tell me right away, okay?" She spoke. "Unnie is always here to help."

"Us too." Mina and Yoojung said as they got the juices.

"How did Mina know?" I asked.

"I heard, Doyeon. Sohye's loud." Mina said.

"Haha." Sohye laughed sarcastically. "Nonetheless, this will be kept hidden until you want to confess."

"Penguin's right. We'll help you in every step of the way." Mina smiled.

"Dodojjyu..." Yoojung puts the glasses on the table and held my hand. "...We're not giving up because we care." I saw her sigh. "And I love you, Doyeon."

Mina and Sohye cooed and we all shared our laughs. The four of us sat down again and drank.

I would've been panicking but I trust these people. Mostly, I trust Yoojung. For that, I'm eternally grateful.

***

Time passed too quickly but never our memories. Sohye, Mina, Doyeon, and I had our bond strong. The obscurity of Sejeong and Chungha would sometimes cause a disruption but I tend to understand for Sohye and mostly, for Doyeon.

Doyeon and I had our relationship rocking. With our times and her condition, I cherished everything we spent. From our vacations to our birthdays, every moment was special. And when Christmas came, I was awkward when Doyeon and Sohye invited us to spend Christmas at their place. I declined at first but Doyeon kept insisting, even Mina and Chaeyeon dragged me along.

Now, I picked up Sohye, Doyeon, and Mina from Sohye's condo. We drove towards the Kim residence and we got there in a knick of time. Mina and Sohye got down first. Doyeon followed but I hastily hopped off of my seat and went by her side to help her.

"Don't move. I'll help you." I said.

"Oh come on, Yoojung. I'm fine. It's weird that a midget helps me. I'm not drifting away or something." Doyeon batted.

"I have to. I worry. Plus, I need to be responsible for you, to the least I make an impression on your older sisters." I said.

"Yeah, yeah..." Doyeon huffed as she got down.

"Doyeon-" I felt like I broke a rib as Doyeon almost fell before I caught her.

We froze for a bit, looking at each other's eyes. I chuckled and help her get up. "Aigoo, you're the same tall dork I knew in Jeju. That's why I'm here to make sure you're okay...okay?"

"Aigoo...you're the same strong concerned midget, Choi Yoojung." Doyeon said back.

Chungha, Sejeong, and Chaeyeon came outside. Mina and I shared our hugs with Chaeyeon. For Sohye and Doyeon, they shared hugs with their sisters. Mina and I just bowed. I saw Chungha's look but she didn't react due to Sohye and Doyeon. For Sejeong, she's behaving, maybe because of Chaeyeon.

"Okay..." Sohye broke the tension. "Shall we go inside?"

They nodded. I saw Chungha go ahead. Sohye and Doyeon followed. Me? I went back to my car.

"Yoojung, where are you going?" Sohye asked.

"Uhh..." I wondered what to answer. "Go home and spend Christmas alone?"

"Babo. You're celebrating with us." Sohye babbled.

"But-"

"Yoojung." Sejeong spoke. "*sigh*...celebrate with us. It's not pleasant celebrating Christmas alone."

Sohye and I had the same reaction. Sejeong sighed and motioned me to come in while she went in. Sohye grabbed my arm and lets me inside.

"Make yourself at home again, Yoojung," said Sohye.

I nodded, going upstairs. I smell food all ready but my eyes sat its view on the pictures on the wall.

I smiled sadly. I see a picture of Doyeon when she was young, a portrait of her and her sisters with their parents, solo pictures of the four of them...and one picture hit me: a picture of Doyeon and Yeonjung.

"Yoojung?" I shook my head lightly and saw Doyeon. "Come. Let's eat." She said, holding my hand.

I followed and everyone got to their seats by the round table. I would've sat next to Doyeon but Chungha and Sejeong sat on her left and right. In the end, I sat between Sohye and Chaeyeon.

"Okay. Let's dig in." Doyeon cheered.

"Not yet, Doyeon. Say grace," said Chungha.

"Yoojung, you say grace." Sohye suggests.

They looked at me. Doyeon gave me that warm smile. I nodded and began.

O most gracious and loving Father, thank you for this Christmas. Thank you for the blessings and this opportunity that all of us gathered on Your special day. We ask You towards our loved ones that have peacefully departed that they feel the love that you've given us in our lives and to this Christmas. Amen.

"Amen." All of us said. "Thank you for the meal."

I ate and enjoyed this day with everyone. I could look at the smiles plastered on everyone's faces as I ate, especially the smile Doyeon plastered.

Usually, I spent Christmas alone. Despite of being born as an elite, I felt this when I still had my family. When I grew up and lost them due to their walks of deaths, I was alone. I spent Christmas alone, sometimes Mina, Chaeyeon, and the late Stone Nayoung joined me. And with Doyeon, I was ecstatic that I could cry while eating, looking like a little kid.

I finish my meal and I went to wash my plate when it was taken. I saw Sejeong. "Go and relax. I'll do the dishes."

I nodded, bowed lightly, and decided to join the others in the living room. I saw Mina, Doyeon, and Sohye play games. Chaeyeon was taking pictures whereas Chungha read quietly. It was quite a sight. I sighed and went down.

"Yoojung, where are you going?" Sohye asked.

"I just need to go by my car to get some fresh air." I said.

They let me be and I got to my car, staying outside to relieve myself from the emotional . I got inside my car and rested on my seat. My eyes got droopy and I was in the brink of sleep when I heard the creak of the gate.

I looked outside and I saw a running figure. With the tall stature, it hit me.

"." I mumbled and ran after her.

***

"Yoojung, where are you?"

I was running around the streets. I just saw Yoojung a while ago. Where is she? Did she leave?

"Yoojung-ah... Yoodaeng..." I called. "Where are you?"

I felt a beep by my pocket but I didn't give a . I was crying too. I'm worried. Where did Yoojung go? Why did she leave?

I ran back and ran fast. I ran faster when I felt a body hit mine. I looked to see a shirt girl. I scratch my head. "Yoodaeng?"

The girl was crying. I shake my head again. I saw Yoojung crying then tackling me for a hug.

Weird. I pushed myself away. "Yoodaeng, why are you crying? What's wrong?"

"Yah!" She yelled while crying. "I almost died following you. You were running too fast. I thought you'd be lost and gone."

"Huh? Why?" I asked. "I'm right here, Yoodaeng."

I look down at myself and saw that I was barefoot. Also, I was carrying a chess board. I looked at Yoojung, giving a worried look. It made me confused. "Why did I carry this?" I got more confused. "Why are you here?"

"Uhh...I sent Mina and Chaeyeon in the neighborhood." Yoojung said.

"They're here?" I asked.

"Yes. Even Sohye, Chungha and Sejeong." Yoojung said again. "They waited for you. They've been looking for you."

"Huh? Was I lost?" I asked again.

"Doyeon..." Yoojung sighed. "You left the gate open. You even brought that chess board."

I didn't understand. A hit makes its way to my head and I winced. I blink my eyes a few times and Yoojung was in front of me, worried. I saw a chess board on my hand and I was barefoot. Seeing Yoojung's look, it hit me.

I was lost in my condition again...

"I'm lost again, huh?" I asked. "I forgot again..."

Yoojung looked away as she cries lightly. Seeing her cry made me worried for myself. I felt scared that I went to hug her. "Yoodaeng, I'm scared..." I sniffled. "What if...what if I continue to lose my memories? W-What if I continue to lose myself?"

I felt Yoojung hug me tighter. She broke, looking at me intently as I felt her hand hold my face. "No. I won't let that happen. I will not let anything happen to you. I won't lose you. I refuse to lose you, Doyeon."

"Yoojung..."

"As long as I'm here, I will always find you. When you go lose yourself and forget, I will guide you back on your track and make you remember!" Yoojung cried. "Everything we shared and everything you had with your family, I will make you remember all of it!" I felt her caress my face. "Most importantly, I will make you remember that I love you."

"Yah...you had to say that..." I sniffled.

"Oh come on, we're grown up." Yoojung said to me. "I want you to always know...that whatever has happened, my love for you didn't fade." Yoojung huffed. "I love you so much, Doyeon."

"Yoodaeng..."

"Dodojjyu, let me repay those wasted time. Let me love you in a way I know." She spoke.

"Yoodaeng..." I held her cute face. "I'm grateful for your love. I'm also sorry for making you suffer..." I cried as I leant my forehead onto her. "I love you, Yoojung."

"Dodojjyu..." Yoojung looked at me.

"I love you so much, Yoodaeng." I finally said it again after all those years.

Yoojung and I shared our hugs. I cried with her. I even kiss her cheek to calm her down as she would kiss my forehead on her tippy toes. We calmed ourselves and I watched Yoojung take off her shoes and put them on me.

"You need to wear them. You've been running barefoot for too long." Yoojung said. "I insist."

I smiled and put Yoojung's shoes on. I was happy that they fit me a bit and she held my hand and we walked back home.

This was an epic Christmas for the both of us. I was happy that Sejeong and Chungha let her celebrate with us, that my family and friends had the time of their lives, and that Yoojung celebrated with me.

Even though I lost my memories for a while again, I was relieved of Yoojung that she helped me get back on track.

With that, I love her so much...

***

Doyeon and I walked back to her home. Walking barefoot was a cringing feeling on my feet but I don't want Doyeon to walk barefoot. Besides, she ran away without shoes. Her feet might be sore.

I felt Doyeon's hand on mine and I smiled. When we arrived, everyone was waiting for us outside. I saw the shocked yet worried looks of Sohye, Mina, and Chaeyeon. Chungha gave me a cold look and Sejeong was drunk again.

"What took you so long?" Sohye asked. "Doyeon, what happened to you? Why did you run off?" She went to comfort her sister.

"Yoojung, what happened?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Doyeon ran off. I caught up to her and sent her back here." I reasoned.

"What took you so long, huh?!" Sejeong yelled. "Did you go and my sister?!"

"Yah, Kim Sejeong!" Chungha reprimands her, slapping her head hard. "It's Christmas. Please be nice."

"Yoojung sent me here. I got lost. I just went to look for her, wondering why she went down." Doyeon reasoned.

"Great! My sister's wandering off without supervision all because of this !" Sejeong yelled again, pushing me like a bully.

"Shut up!" Sohye grew mad and clenched Sejeong's collar.

"Knock it off!" Chungha scolded the two. "You three." She points at them and Doyeon. "Go upstairs."

Sohye and Doyeon nodded. Sohye went ahead as Doyeon went to help Sejeong inside. Mina and Chaeyeon went by my sides as Chungha gave us cold looks.

"I'm sorry for this." She huffed. "But you need to go. Thank you for celebrating with us."

Chungha went back, closing the gate in front of us. Mina hissed of the lack of hospitality and stormed towards me car.

"That went well...sort of..." Chaeyeon mumbled.

"Yeah. But shrug that off, Chaeyeon. It's fine." I answered.

"Yah! Hurry up and unlock the doors, Yoojung." Mina yelled.

I sighed as I went to my car, unlocking the doors as the three of us went inside.

"Yoojung, can we have more of Christmas at your place?" Chaeyeon asked as she and Mina grinned.

"Okay." I chuckled. "I don't see why not."

The both of them cheered. I drove with a smile on my face. I was happy when I celebrated with Doyeon's family. I was sad we had to leave. But at the end of a snowy field, I was happy again. At least I won't be alone again this year.

***

It was another year and another day for me. As a start, I would've kept my sense that it was going to be a nice, that not a single force of my universe can ruin my mood. But that is not what happened.

I got out for a day-off. Yoojung is going to pick me up so that we can go to the hospital together. As I exitted, I saw a feud. And it had to be between Yoojung and Chungha.

"Chungha, Yoojung, what are you doing here?!" I spat as I went near them.

"It's her. She came here to disturb you again!" Chungha yelped.

"Aish, I asked her to come here!" I yelled back.

"What?!" Chungha grew mad, showing a face I grew sick of. "Why are you still with this woman?! I let it slip during the Christmas celebration but nothing will change! What have I told you about dating that , Doyeon?!"

I was mad but seeing Yoojung, I cowered. I never thought she would finally lose her cool.

"You know what, this is getting redundant. Why can't you respect Doyeon's decisions? So what if we're dating again?!"

"Doyeon!" Chungha gasped. "Is this true?"

"Chungha..."

"Is this woman saying the truth?!" Chungha asked again.

"It's true. What you're hearing from my bloody mouth is true!" Yoojung answered for me.

Chungha faces us with a look of disgust. In my case, Chungha felt betrayed. I should know better. She's the eldest sister and I have to obey her at all costs. But then, I realize that this had gone too far. Chungha's restrictions for me have gone too far.

"Doyeon-ah...what more have I to know? What are you hiding from me?" Chungha asked as she teared up.

"We have nothing to hide and we are not going to hide anything, not anymore! Yeah! Doyeon and I are a thing and you know what irritates me? You are older but you disrespect people! You disrespect me, you jeopardize your sisterhood and your disrespect your youngest sister's freedom and her decisions! Do you understand that?!" Yoojung yelled. "And as much that you have authority because you're older, that time is up! Get a reality check! We're all grown up and what you're doing is wrong!"

I could cry too. As much as Chungha is family, Yoojung was right. But then, she said what she needed to say. I need to calm her down and stop her.

"Yoodaeng... that's enough." I said and patted her back.

"No! You're hurting, even Sohye! She even put Sejeong at harm and let her do her vices! She's has no respect and is incompetent in raising you three!" Yoojung batted again.

"How dare you-" Chungha was aiming to slap Yoojung when I stopped her hand.

Chungha was shocked, even Yoojung. With Yoojung's words, she was right about what I feel for my family, especially with Chungha.

"See? Even in this situation, you can't tolerate your anger, to think I looked up to you." I said.

"Doyeon-"

"She's right. You let Sejeong do her vices, you scold Sohye all the time, and you restrict me of my decisions, especially on my life with Yoojung. So what if we're dating? Who are your to judge, Chungha?" I batted. "If you excuse us, we need to go." I huffed, pulling Yoojung towards her car. "Yoodaeng, unlock the doors, please."

"Dodojjyu, what about you sister-"

"Unlock the doors." I said again.

She nodded as both of us got inside her car. I told her to drive and she did. I put a hand on my forehead as my tears flowed out. I can't believe I did that to Chungha. But how can I not? She's mad again and is hurting Yoojung.

We arrived at the hospital. As Yoojung parked the car, I continued to get distressed. Yoojung noticed it and she huffed. "Dodojjyu..."

"Sorry..." I sniffled. "I'm sorry for that fiasco. Why didn't you tell me you came already? I could've stopped Chungha before she hurts you with her insults."

"I'm fine, Doyeon. You shouldn't be worried about this." Yoojung snapped. "I'm at fault, not you."

"All the same. They're always so rude to you. Sure, I want to regain their trust and all but with them disrespecting you?! I think that's hardly fair!" I yelled then sighed. "I'm sorry you had to drag yourself into my mess. I'm going to see the doctor and you go home and rest."

I went down the car. I heard Yoojung telling me to wait as I was stopped with Yoojung's hold on my hand. She lets me face her.

"Doyeon, you can't worry as of this time. I know you'd have the right to but it'll worsen your condition. Please..." She holds my hands. "...trust me..."

"But I don't want them to always hurt you..." I sniffled.

"Doyeon, don't be afraid. I'll be here for you. I won't let their mouths affect me. I'll be okay. Even if they'd try to kill me, I'm not going to let that affect me. I need to protect you and take care of you. I won't leave you. I told you before that I won't leave you." Yoojung spoke.

"Yoodaeng..."

"I tested my patience over the years, Doyeon." Yoojung began. "From the time we had our lives together to the time you left me twice, even until this very moment. Life has tested my patience and I learned to bear all the pain and to wait until you will come back to me." She sighed and she held my arms. "You never left my mind and you never left my heart."

I was crying and smiling at her. Yoojung was quite the charmer with her words but she means all those thing. Oh, how I love her so much...

"Doyeon...I love you so much. I will remind you that you also love me, we're all grown up, and that a lot of time has been lost for the both of us. So I beg you, Doyeon..." Yoojung kneels in front of me. "...let me bear the wasted time so that we can share it and that I can be there for you. Don't worry and let me bear everything for you...forever...please..."

"But Yoojung..."

"There are no buts." She batted. "If you do love me, then there's no reason why not."

"Yoojung, I know this had repeated but I cannot ditch my sisters. Even if they have their own lives, I don't want them away from me. I need them. They're my only family left." I cried.

"Doyeon, I'm not going to take that away for you. I just want to care for you. Sohye can't take care of your alone. Sejeong and Chungha care less of your condition because you won't tell them. While there's time, I beg of you again...please..." She pleaded.

Why did it have to be like this? Why am I ditching another part of Yoojung's promise?

"Yoojung...I..."

"Don't give me a strike four, Doyeon..." Yoojung said and I froze. "If that's what it is...I..."

"No. It's not like that." I just..." I said back. "It's just...time is not in our favor again..."

This is outrageous. I can't believe life is toying with the both of us. I was true with everything I said but I don't want Yoojung to leave again. I also need her. I need her like my life depended on it.

"Okay...then I'll wait." She stood up, saying it to me. "I'll wait again. I won't do anything reckless not unless you're ready." I could sob of her words again. "I'll wait for you, Doyeon. I won't mind."

I sobbed while hugging Yoojung again. Life might be playing with us but in this phase of our game, I'm blessed with a companion that totally became a part of me and helping me win throughout this challenge.

***

I kept my head high. the superiority and those remarks. I'm taking care of Doyeon and that's that, even in spite of Chungha telling me to leave.

"Chungha, I'm sorry of what happened at the boutique but please, I need to see Doyeon." I spoke.

"And you think those words of yours are going to change me? Listen..." Chungha faced me. "... I'm only doing that for the well-being of my family. What you said on that incident is meddling. Don't meddle in this family and don't see Doyeon again. This is my last warning!"

I shook my head. I felt a hit on my face.

"Leave....or you're getting it." Chungha warned.

I stood strong. Chungha pushes me off but I didn't fight back. Despite of my anger, I'm not going to because she's Doyeon's sister.

"Chungha!" I felt someone pulling me off. "What the is this?! Why are you hurting Yoojung?!"

"Ah, so it's my fault?!" Chungha lost her cool and was about to storm towards me when Doyeon stopped her. "Do inform yourself that when you came into Doyeon's life, you wrecked our sisterhood apart and everything went into chaos! You're like a pest who gets away! I try to shoo you off but you keep on coming!!"

"Chungha, stop!" Doyeon pins her as she stops her rage. "I'm begging you, as your sister, pleaseend this grudge!"

Chungha didn't listen and kept on hurting me. She pushed Doyeon off and clenched my collar. She dragged me along and I didn't want to fight back. I just didn't want to.

"You want to me yell everything, huh?!" Chungha gritted her teeth and pinned me hard on the concrete wall. "You are not worthy for Doyeon! You're a boatwoman, a murderer!! Because of you, my parents are dead!!"

She punched me hard. I could feel that I was going to black out. I heard Doyeon and she pulled Chungha off of my grasp. Chungha may be as short as I am but she was strong, forcing herself off of Doyeon and clenching my collar again.

"Get the out of here!! Don't you ing come back here!!" She spat and a punch landed on my gut.

"Stop!!!" Doyeon yelled and Chungha and I froze.

I pushed myself off of her. I got dizzy.

***

"Stop!!!"

Chungha stopped and Yoojung got herself off of her, slumping onto the wall like a tipsy man. I cowered all while I thought of everything that had happened.

Chungha may care for me but she was strict. I could recall she slapped me for failing a test. She scolded me big time before for going out with Yoojung. And when I confessed of that attempt, she forced me out of the house and sleep outside for defying her orders.

It continued until now. And I've had enough.

"Yoojung!" I went to her aid as she was struggling. "Yoojung, I'm so sorry..."

She shook her head, saying she was fine. She tries to get up and I help her. I check on her again before I give Chungha a test of my limit.

"You've gone too far, Chungha. All my life I follow you, look up to you, even beg to you of my flaws but you keep meddling and scolding me! To think you'd care for me!" I yelled.

"Doyeon-ah-"

"I want to have a relationship with Yoojung but you keep on saying no. What had Yoojung done to you that you always go mad on her?! She's been good to me, she didn't hurt me, and she even respects you and my sisters despite of your mistreatment towards her. How many times I have persuaded you and Yoojung proving herself to you but you don't stop on your remarks and assaults. You even hurt her physically!" I grit my teeth. "Your essence of love for me is gone and you have no mercy for Yoojung."

I slap her. I don't care anymore. I've beared for so long. I've had enough and I don't want to be secluded away from what makes me happy, from Yoojung.

"Doyeon, no." Yoojung stops me.

"Don't forget, Chungha. You had no right to make such rules to me and to other people. You don't defy my decisions now! Not anymore." I batted.

I help Yoojung out and pushed Chungha off. I ask Yoojung to take me to her place and she nodded.

I can't believe this. This is just bull.

***

We arrived at my place and I had a little struggle getting in. With my sore body, I thought I couldn't move a muscle. My limbs were still fine yet Doyeon was worrying so she helps me out.

Doyeon lets me sit down as she mended a cut by my lip. I was grateful for what she did back there. "Doyeon-ah, thanks back there."

"For what?" She asked as she puts a compress by my sore arm.

"For defending me..." I try to resist a tear. "... although you didn't have to. Thanks to me, you're sisterhood is more wrecked. I'm sorry."

"No." I felt her cup my cheek. "I'm the one who should be sorry. I know it's disrespectful of me to hit my sister like that. I just had to do that because all of our lives, you beared for them, especially towards Chungha."

"I understand, Doyeon." I said, holding her hand. "I understand that they despise me. They're just worried. If I were in their shoes, I wouldn't risk my little sister to the world because I'm afraid if something happens to her. That's why I bear their remarks because they just want to be the big sisters they are, to care, to love, and to protect you."

"Why does it have to be that way, Yoodaeng?" Doyeon asked. "Why am I born last? Why am I pampered and isolated from the outside world? Why do they worry so much? Why do they hate you so much? Why does the world work far from my favor? Why do I think that this is my fault?"

"Doyeon-ah..." I hold her hand tenderly. "It doesn't matter to me. It's your love that matters, Dodojjyu. You didn't do wrong. You just loved. And I'm thankful that you always showered me with love. Even that time you left? I know you did it out of love. It's like it didn't suffice the love I give to you. You love more than you can imagine, Doyeon."

"But why does it have to be that way? Why can't they see that you did nothing but care for me? That you shower me with tender love and happiness?" She asked again. "It's like I haven't accomplished anything, like the love I give is insignificant..."

"Dodojjyu, the love you gave for your sisters and me make a difference. I see it and I know it." I said, looking into her eyes. "The world may be like but the love you gave means the whole world to them and to me and it doesn't mean that your love is insignificant."

I felt like my body's alright despite of that beating. Doyeon smiles at me sadly and she was pouting like a cutie. I tackle her for a hug and she sobs softly in my cute arms.

Mina and Chaeyeon came back and I smile and let them go upstairs. They nodded and got up and I stayed to comfort Doyeon.

"Aigoo...my tall tower's crying..." I spoke as I wipe her tears.

She acts all cute and hugged me again. As I hug her tight, I remember what she said of her love that mattered the whole world to me.

It was true. And I swore to love her more because she matters to me and she needs me more than ever.

***

I came back to the household and I was faced with all my sisters sitting on the table. I sighed and sat next to Sohye, facing Chungha and Sejeong.

"What is there to talk about this time?" I asked them.

"With the fiasco and all that has happened, I plan to propose that we should sell this house." Chungha began.

"You...what?!" I asked.

"Since you may have plans of staying with Yoojung and presumably marry her, no one will be living in this house. It would be more useful to sell it." Chungha said again.

"You want to sell this house?! This is an inheritance from Yeonjung not just for me but to us!" I batted.

"Exactly, Doyeon." Chungha batted again. "This is Yeonjung's inheritance to us so we have a right to decide on what to do with this house."

"Have you really talked to us about this?" I asked, calming myself down.

"Sejeong and her spoke about it. They also wanted my confirmation but I leave both our decisions to you, Doyeon," said Sohye.

I look at them, especially at Sohye. It was weird. I'm the youngest yet I hold a decision that could change the standing of this house.

"No." I answered and they look at me. "I refuse that you sell this house. We had memories in here for Yeonjung and for us."

"The memories that you have thrown ever since Yoojung stepped into this house." Sejeong batted.

"Stop it." Sohye reprimands her. "We're talking something serious here. And why blame Doyeon? You let her guys in on Christmas. How can it be a big deal?!"

"Sohye, it's okay." I said, calming her down. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"Well it won't happen again because we're going to sell this house, whether you like it or not." Chungha bats.

I sighed, to think they had to hold this meeting. What a waste of time. "Hey, think of what Yeonjung would feel if we just sell her inheritance."

"Please, stop pretending that you care for Yeonjung's feelings when you don't really care at all." Sejeong interjected. "You don't take Yeonjung into consideration because if you did, Yoojung shouldn't step in the house and you won't go have a relationship with her but look-what did you do? You have plans to marry Yoojung, right?"

"The talk of this inheritance is different of our talk with Yoojung." I said.

"How can it be different?" Sejeong asked.

"If I did hurt Yeonjung of my choice now, then it's nothing compared to you guys selling everything she had for us, her possessions, her memories and even the roots of her ancestors." I answered.

"Doyeon, this is also hard for us." Chungha referred to the three of them. "Yes, we had wonderful memories in this house. But also remember that now, this house became a root of our pain and our diversion as sisters. We fight and go, then come back and fight again so why can't you let this go?!"

All of them were crying. I don't have the heart of accept this yet.

"Doyeon, please..." Sejeong spoke. "...give me and Chungha the privilege to sell this place so that we can start over. The both of us need this."

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"Sohye." She points at Sohye. "She has a good life and doesn't live here anymore. And you, Yoojung takes care of you and lets you stay at her place, even you have a place of your own. The two to you, our younger siblings, are living good lives. How about us, especially Chungha?"

"Doyeon..." Sohye joined in. "After that fiasco during the Korean Fashion Week when you won the Best Model award, Chungha got caught with a paparazzi and she became a talk on the publishing, costing her her job. For Sejeong, when she knew that she was working for Chaeyeon, Chaeyeon fired her." She confessed and they gasped, even me. "Chungha and Sejeong have been jobless for the past year."

This was madness. I would've understood the fact why they hid it due to their pride but why do they have to do this?

"Fine." I answered. "Do whatever you want with this house."

"Okay. We just need the title and we're good to go." Chungha said.

"I don't have it." I said and her eyes dilated. "Sejeong kept it for me."

All our eyes were on Sejeong. She scoffs it off. "I don't have it either. You must've lost it."

"What?! The title's lost?!" Chungha went furious again.

"If it is, we'll find it." I said, standing up. "I think our meeting's over. Sohye, let's go."

Sohye nodded and we left the house. When we got down, I rode with Sohye back to her place to talk about the title.

"I could've sworn she had it. She volunteered to keep an eye on it." I huffed.

"And you believed her. She might've took advantage of your disease and steal the title in exchange for her vices." Sohye said.

"But... Sejeong couldn't that? Could she?" I asked back at Sohye.

"She can, Doyeon." Sohye said as she stopped on a red light. "Sejeong might be the brightest among us but hidden in that body is a . And you're not the only victim."

"Sohye, what do you mean?"

"Chungha would lose her earnings since she got that one decent job in publishing. I would catch Sejeong stealing them and she would argue with me because hell I will tell Chungha. And who did she believe? That , of course." Sohye batted. "I try to be the good dongsaeng and give her money so that she won't bug Chungha but she kept doing her vices. All their yelling and scolding towards me? It's all because of Sejeong."

I wouldn't believe a word. But it came from Sohye. Sohye is always honest with me. And with her being caught with Chungha and Sejeong's yelling, I support of Sohye's evidences.

"Don't worry, Sohye. We're looking for that title." I said.

"No." Sohye batted. "I'm looking for that title. I'm not letting you involve in my mess. And with your condition, I'm not going to strain your in looking for that goddamn title."

"But Sohye..." I said, holding her hand. "I want to help. I have to help. It's Yeonjung's inheritance for me. I have to be responsible."

"You really want to help?" She asked and I nodded. "Someone has to be there to watch over you. Sure I can guide you but what if I'm gone? Someone has to be there for you while I'm gone."

"What about Yoodaeng?" I grinned.

"You and your antics, Doyeon." Sohye chuckled. "Okay. That just might work."

***

Morning came too quickly and so did my breathing. Why? Doyeon's cuddling me onto me tight like I was a teddy bear. Sure it was nice but her arms were way too tight in my neck.

Sohye told me that she should stay with me and I nodded. Doyeon couldn't agree more. In fact, I was so happy for this. Not only I can take care of her, I can use the time to love her.

"Yoodaeng..." She mumbled on her sleep.

I chuckled and patted her head. I heard the doorbell ring and I slowly move myself out. She sleeps peacefully and I went to get the door. I greeted Sohye and Mina and let them come inside.

"Good morning, Yoojung. Where's Doyeon?" Sohye asked.

"She's still sleeping." I answered.

"Okay." Sohye nods. "Mina, can Sohye and I talk for a minute?"

"I'll be in the living room." Mina grinned and went there.

"Don't touch the mixed nuts by the table. Those are for Doyeon. Get some in the fridge." I batted.

Mina nods and Sohye and I had the chance to talk. I wonder of Sohye's smile as I ask her about it.

"I'm thankful for you, Yoojung. You're a good woman. You made Doyeon feel special and you made her happy when we can't do it because of our ego." Sohye said. "I'm sorry for not being able to defend you and Doyeon. I'm sorry also for being incompetent in taking care of her."

"You have your just reasons, Sohye. You're not at fault. You know, I couldn't get closer to Doyeon again without your help. So, I'm also thankful." I said, patting her back.

Sohye nodded and I grinned. "So what brings you here?"

"I need your help with something. It's about the title of our home." Sohye said. "Doyeon wanted to help but I'm concerned of involving her in this because of her condition. I don't want to strain her, Yoojung."

"Is it why...?"

"Yes." Sohye said. "I need your help."

"Do we have any leads?" I asked.

"We do. In fact, Chaeyeon and Mina had testimonies." Sohye said, showing a file. "I gathered information from their witnesses, including mine."

"Huh? Is Sejeong a gambler?" I asked as I saw her picture as a suspect.

"Yes. Mina shared that she saw Sejeong by a private company called X Corporate, gambling with the workers there. For Chaeyeon, she shared to me that Sejeong stole money from the company, causing Sejeong to lose her job."

"I've heard of X Corporate before." I mumbled. "It's a company of trade where you can give land titles, possessions, and the such in exchange for a certain amount of money." I ask her. "What about your side of this cause?"

"I'm using a personal basis with regards to Chungha's funds. I saw Sejeong stealing them." Sohye said.

"What about Doyeon? Shouldn't she come?"

"No. I don't want to involve her of this. I don't want to strain her well-being for this predicament. I'll only ask for your help, Yoojung." Sohye reasoned.

"Okay. But let me ask Doyeon's permission."

Sohye nodded and I made my way towards the bedroom, stopping by the bathroom to do a quick shower and change clothes. As I was ready, I went to Doyeon who was sleeping peacefully.

I smiled as I pat her head. I scoot to kiss her forehead when she got up. She woke up cutely and she was hugging me tight. "Yoodaeng..."

"Dodojjyu, I need to go somewhere." I said.

"Where? Skip that. Sleep with me again..." She mumbled.

"It's important. I need to go." I said again.

"Let me come with you..." She yawned.

"Aigoo...you need to sleep some more." I said, tucking her to bed again.

"Who's watching me?" She asked.

"Mina. She and Sohye came by but Sohye and I have to go somewhere. We'll be back as soon as possible." I said again.

"Okay. Come back immediately." She said as she hugged me tight again. "I love you..."

"I love you too." I said as she slept on my shoulder.

I tuck her gently on the bed and went out, seeing Sohye and Mina have their little moment. Mina saw me, nodding. Sohye and I went inside as Sohye offers me a ride in which I gladly accept.

During the ride, I was reading the file. I asked her where we're heading as I had my hunches.

"To X Corporate. It turns out Sejeong sold it for one million dollars." Sohye answered.

"That's a lot!" I gasped. "All of that for vices?!"

"Yeah. What a , huh?" Sohye spoke.

I sighed and waited until we arrived at the corporate. Sohye and I went inside, seeing the place. It was more of a casino than a corporate and I cringed of the sight.

Sohye got to an information area and asked. I went to follow her and I wonder if this place even more.

"Ma'am, do you have a list of your clients who exchanged land titles? Can we see?" Sohye asked.

"I'm sorry but it's prohibited." She answered.

"Is there someone in the list by the name of Kim Sejeong?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, ma'am but we cannot share information like that to anyone. It's also prohibited." She answered.

"Not even for a thousand dollars?" I asked again.

Sohye gasped as I got a bundle, scooting it to the person-in-charge. She coughed lightly, getting the money and giving me a list.

"Thanks. I'll return it afterwards. You can keep the money." I said and she nodded.

Sohye and I went to a private table. Sohye was still shocked of what I just did.

"I'm an entrepreneur, Sohye. I know deep secrets inside. This is one of them." I said, holding the list. "Compromises are necessary. And besides, she wouldn't give the list unless there is a condition...so I give her a thousand dollars."

"Wow, Yoojung. I didn't expect that." Sohye huffed. "Thank you."

"No problem, Sohye." I grinned. "So... let's see if her name really is here."

Sohye and I divided the work. I look at the various names and what they traded in this place. Sohye stopped and for a name.

It hit us. Sejeong was on the list and she used the land title.

"I knew it." Sohye hissed. "Now I wonder if we can get the list back."

"We can..." I sighed. "...if we have two million dollars."

"What?!!" Sohye gasped. "That's a lot. I can only pay one-third of the amount..."

"Don't worry, Sohye. I'll pay for now." I said.

"Whaat?!!" Sohye had agape. "I can't accept that. This is my problem."

"It's a family problem and I'm doing this for Doyeon. You can pay me when we get back." I said, getting my check.

I got it settled and went back towards the information area, together with the list. "Here it is."

"Thank you, ma'am." The clerk bowed.

"There's one more thing I want to ask." I began. "Can we retrieve a certain thing in exchange for a certain amount?"

She nodded. I could thank the stars for this. I got the check and gave it to her. "If I give you two million dollars, will it suffice?"

"Yes." She nodded. "What do you need?"

"The land title under Kim Sejeong's name." I answered.

She nodded and went to get it. Sohye came by and wondered of the title. The woman came back with a folder, thanking her for her service as I gave it to Sohye for verification.

"This is it!" She gleamed. ", Yoojung, how can I ever thank you?"

"Miss." I called the clerk. "Can you give us a petition that we retrieved this title?"

She nodded and got a piece of paper. I read it and signed. I gave the pen and paper to Sohye. "Sign this. Only then you can thank me."

"Oh you." Sohye chuckled and signed. "Okay. Here you go."

I sealed it inside the folder and Sohye and I exitted the corporate building. We got in and drove back to the house.

"I should stay here." I said.

"No. You're coming with me." Sohye said.

I didn't want to. I saw Sohye go down her car when she went to my side and pulled me out. I didn't fight back and the both of us went inside.

We were greeted by Chungha and Sejeong, together with buyers of the house. Sejeong was enraged of seeing me as Chungha asked Sohye of our unexpected arrival.

"Mind us for the intrusion but I came to tell you that this house won't be sold due to personal matters within our family." Sohye said.

"What is the meaning of this?!" One buyer wondered.

"This is a scam, dear." Her wife whispered. "I think we should talk about this some other time."

The buyers left the place as Sejeong asked them to wait. Sohye and I faced Chungha as she wondered of this approach as she grits her teeth in anger.

"What is this?! What are you doing here, Sohye? And what is this doing here?!" She yelled.

" your screams, Chungha. I'm here to inform you that Sejeong's into some deep ." Sohye said.

"If she was, I'd be aware of that and the both of you wouldn't come here." Chungha said.

"You don't, Chungha. Because when it comes to Sejeong, you go all blind!" Sohye argued.

"Me? Blind? I'm the one going blind?! Maybe it's you whose going blind, Sohye!" Chungha spat back. "Sure I admit that sometimes, Sejeong's path in life is a bit twisted but why can't you give her a chance to change, Sohye?!"

"You're the one not giving her chance because you go all soft and you pamper her more than us whose younger than her!" Sohye yelled back.

"That is not true!" Chungha yelled, almost clenching Sohye's collar.

"What's going on here?!" Sejeong came back from outside. "These bastards are collaborating against you, Chungha?"

" this. Let's get out of here." Chungha mumbled.

"No, Chungha." Sejeong stops her. "Why do we have to leave this house? You two are taking this too far!" She yelled as she pointed at us, then me. "Especially you! You even had to step your filthy feet in this household!" She went to clench my collar and pointed outside. "Get the out!"

"Yah, Kim Sejeong. Watch your ing actions." Sohye pulls me off of Sejeong. "Don't act like a dickhead!"

"Why not?! I'm just being frank here! Because of her presence here, it's wrecking our family apart. Memories of Doyeon and Yeonjung, and our family, are all ruined because of her!" Sejeong delivers her anger at me again.

"Memories, huh?" Sohye batted. "So why are you selling this house when it has Yeonjung's memories in it?!"

"Yeonjung would prefer it that way rather than seeing her together with Doyeon in this house!" Sejeong yelled back. "Seriously, Yoojung! You're an indecent !"

Great. I felt my blood boil. I know it's not right of me to meddle but I've had enough of her deception towards her sisters and her rudeness towards me, to think she trusted me with Doyeon before.

I want to root into her head that she's the indecent around here.

"Me, huh?" I stormed towards her. "You're saying I'm the indecent ?!"

I went back to get the land title. I face Sejeong again and slapped her with the folder. Chungha and Sohye gasped.

"This!" I held the folder tight. "This is the land title of this house that you sold to a private company in exchange for one million dollars for your ing vices! There's even a petition that Sohye and I paid twice the amount just to get these ing pieces of papers back!!"

Chungha took it from me and read the content. I see Sejeong turning pale as Sohye and I look at her intently to get into her ing head that what she did was a ing mistake.

Chungha gasped at Sohye and I. We were silenced. We could only witness Sejeong cowering as Chungha faced her. I could tell Chungha had gone to her limit of anger.

"Is this true?" She asked Sejeong.

Sejeong didn't answer, her eyes averting Chungha. Chungha approaches her again. "I'm asking you, Kim Sejeong..." She slaps Sejeong with the folder. "...is this ing true?!!"

She didn't answer again. I'd be damned and I'd be mad like Chungha. I'd flip out if she doesn't answer right away.

"For the last father ing time, answer me Sejeong!!" Chungha yelled at the top of her lungs, clenching Sejeong's collar. "Is this true??!!"

Sejeong apologized but Chungha raged on her. Sohye prevents me from stopping the argument, hinting that Sejeong deserves a taste of her own medicine.

But an unexpected person came and I could almost flip out.

***

I was riding a taxi, heading to a place I would only know where Sohye and Yoojung would be.

It was hard a first. Getting away with Mina watching was like an obstacle course. But as she slept in the living room, I grabbed that chance to escape.

Now, I got to the house and went up. And I didn't expect the sight of Sejeong and Chungha fighting and Sohye and Yoojung on one side.

"Sejeong! Chungha!" I went closer.

"Doyeon!" Sohye and Yoojung stop me.

I didn't and I stood in between Sejeong and Chungha to stop them. As I calm them, the sight made me mad.

"What is this?!" I asked then noticed the land title on the floor.

I recalled Sejeong keeping it for me and the recent memory when I heard that Sejeong sold it in exchange for a million dollars. I grew mad and faced Sejeong.

"Is it true? Is it ing true that you had the title this whole time?!!" I asked, yelling even.

"Doyeon...I did it for us. I just wanted to help Chungha and myself." Sejeong cried. "I can't stand the fact that you and Sohye live good lives and that you seek Yoojung and not us, your sisters!!"

"That's enough, Sejeong. Stop this bull of yours!" Sohye spat, facing Sejeong.

"Oh yeah?!" Sejeong batted again. "Well, you and Yoojung are the same! You're also an indecent !"

Sohye tackled Sejeong and they shared their punches and kicks towards each other. I try to stop them but their heads were like bricks.

As I push Sejeong off, I pictured out this chaos, this madness. Sejeong kept on punching Sohye. Sohye would fight back. Chungha became the ing ignorant sister and Yoojung, my Yoodaeng, was trying to help me out of this, protecting me from this.

I held Sejeong tight as she raged at Yoojung. And when she landed a punch at Yoojung and Chungha said that it was Yoojung's fault, I lost my cool, grabbing a vase and breaking it. I even flipped the table.

"D-Doyeon..." Sohye froze as all of us stopped.

"You guys are always fighting! You're respecting no one! You're disrespecting this house and me! And you know what? This is exhausting!!" I even threw a glass in front of Sejeong and Chungha, all while I cried. "This is ing bull!!"

"You're right, Doyeon!" Chungha yelled back at me. "This is ing bull. It's ing bull knowing I'm part of this family!!"

Chungha went out but I stopped her and forced her to face me. "Where do you think you're going?!"

"I'm leaving!" Chungha said, facing everyone. "I'm leaving because I can't stand seeing the likes of all of you!!"

Sohye called her to stop. Sejeong sighed hard and left too. I panted and got dizzy when Yoojung caught me and guided me to sit down and calm myself.

I saw Sohye crying and Yoojung picking the title up. She shows it to me but I'm too pissed of everything.

"Dodojjyu, it's okay..." Yoojung comforts me.

"D-Doyeon-ah..." Sohye approaches me. "...d-don't get that on your head. There's still your birthday. I promise that all of us will still be there, okay? And it will be extravagant, just like you want."

How could I forget? Time passed so quickly that I never thought it was almost November. A month to go before my 27th birthday. But with this madness? I don't think there will be something to celebrate anymore.

"Nothing will happen..." I huffed. "I don't want to celebrate anymore..."

I panted again and I cried in Yoojung and Sohye's arms. I can't bear this madness anymore.

That concludes it. My family's wrecked apart. I thought I'd forget them first...but it's them who's forgetting me now...

I cried. I wish I could've just died of this disease right now. I can't take this anymore.

***

Time passed like the seasons by the moon and stars. Today, it was special day. It was Doyeon's birthday.

Sohye and I planned her birthday. In the morning, I got to wake her up with hugs and kisses and Sohye and Mina made breakfast for us, with a bonus pancake for Doyeon. I took her to the mall for her gifts and all the things she wanted to do. During lunch, we ate with Mina and Sohye at a wonderful restaurant and went home to chill, keep each other company, and did everything Doyeon liked.

Doyeon may have said that there will be no celebration but we planned one for her at the Kim household. Sohye, Mina, and I cooked as Doyeon was treated like a princess, my princess. And for a special surprise, Sohye texted Chungha and Sejeong while I texted Chaeyeon to come as well.

Sejeong came for Doyeon's birthday with a gift. Sohye and Doyeon made peace. Sejeong and I did too but I see the grudge but she just stayed quiet. Before we ate, we had a little dance. Sohye and Mina led as Doyeon and I joined with them. Sejeong just stood but Doyeon pulled her to join us. The Kim sisters were having fun that Mina and I loved the sight. When Chaeyeon came, Sejeong's smile grew wide and we had the time of our lives.

Doyeon grew tired. I chuckled and let her sit down to rest. The rest of us joined in so that we can eat. I saw Doyeon gazing at an empty seat, Chungha's seat.

"Okay, say grace." Sejeong smiled sweetly at me. "Will you do it, Yoojung?"

I nodded. I calmed, wanting to say the best prayer for my love's special day.

Father G, thank You for this day that a beautiful princess was born. Thank You for letting Doyeon reach 27 and thank You that her loved ones, especially her two sisters, came for her special day. Please give her strength...always...

I open my eyes, feeling tears. All of them wondered but they gave their smiles. Doyeon had the prettiest smile as she held my hand, saying her thanks. Nonetheless, we thanked for the meal and ate.

Seeing everyone with smiles on their faces was a pretty sight. Seeing Doyeon happy, I was overjoyed. As we ate, I could be happier for Doyeon because Chungha came. Doyeon wouldn't mind if she's late because all of them were complete on her special day.

"Unnie~" Doyeon went to hug her tight.

Chungha sighed and hugged Doyeon back. Chungha went to sit next to Sohye and we resumed eating again.

"What is this?" Chungha asked. "Why are you three here?" She asked Chaeyeon, Mina, and I.

"Uhh..." Doyeon began to stutter and it hit me.

"Doyeon invited them. Come on, Chungha. Be nice for a change, will you?" Sohye spoke.

"Hold on." Doyeon stops this tension.

It took her some time to say something. Seeing Doyeon's eyes dilating and her tall figure all weak, I grew worried.

"Let's continue to eat." Doyeon said. "Chungha, have some sweet potatoes."

"No thanks, Doyeon-"

"You're having some." Sejeong spat and puts one on Chungha's plate.

Chungha was forced to eat. The table had gone quiet. For Sohye and I, and maybe Sejeong, we were fearing for the worst of Doyeon's case. I can't believe it had to be on her birthday.

As we finished, Chungha got up first when Doyeon stopped her from leaving. "Chungha, please sit down."

"No." Chungha batted. "I'm leaving."

"Sit down, Chungha." Sejeong batted.

Chungha was forced to sit down. All of us look at Doyeon and she was getting weak. I held her hand. "Doyeon, are you okay?"

"What is she doing?!" Chungha batted.

"Stop it." Sohye said again.

"Stop. Everyone." Doyeon said. "I need to say something."

All of us stayed quiet to listen. Doyeon looks at everyone like everything was going to fade away. I saw Sohye and Sejeong cry lightly. And as she looked at me with a smile, I felt my never-ending flow of tears.

Will she say it now? Will Chungha finally know?

"I would've shrugged this for today. I want you all to enjoy the meal with smiles on your faces and the good vibes surrounding us. But what I'm about to tell you is something important which cannot stop your curiosity. I'll explain it now."

I saw Doyeon gaze at Sohye, giving a warm smile in which Sohye wipes her tears off. Doyeon looked at Sejeong and she got a signal to just say it. And lastly, she looked at me. I could only nod.

"I want you to know that...all those unusual things I did to all of you like...slapping Chungha because I thought she was Yeonjung, pushing Mina away because I was hallucinating, even slapping Sejeong for no reason...I didn't mean all those things..." Doyeon sniffled. "...I didn't mean those things because I'm starting to forget..."

"What?!" Chungha reacted as Doyeon was shaking. "You mean to say you stopped me from leaving, make me sit down, just to say you're forgetting? Is this a joke, Doyeon?!"

I could punch her face for saying that to Doyeon. Sohye and Sejeong didn't like it either. All of us cringed of Chungha's attitude towards Doyeon.

"Chungha, please..." Doyeon cried. "Please listen. Listen to your dongsaeng for once." She held Chungha's hand. "Unnie-"

"Why do I have to, Doyeon? Are you going to twist my trust towards you again? What are you going to say this time? How long do we have to deal your mishaps and lies?"

Doyeon was growing weak. I wanted to hold her hand and help her up her senses but Chungha was glaring at me.

"How long will I have to deal lies from the youngest sibling?" Chungha asked.

"Chungha, could you please let Doyeon finish?!" Sejeong lost it.

"Wow, Sejeong." Chungha snickered. "What made you change, huh? Did you eat something diabolical?" She hissed. "Oh, come on. Don't be fooled with Doyeon. She's the youngest. She can be out of her mind sometimes because she's disobedient!"

"That's enough, Chungha!" Sohye yelled. "If she was disobedient, she's doing that because she wants to be happy. She wants to see us smile and be together. And she wants to be with Yoojung."

"She wants to. She wants to because she wants that her stupid decisions will be followed!" Chungha defended.

"You know what, you only want YOUR decisions to be followed!" Sejeong batted.

"How dare you talk to me like that?! I'm the older sister!" Chungha yelled at her.

"And so what if you're talking to Doyeon? Doyeon is our dongsaeng. As the unnie, it is your initiative to guide her and understand her more!" Sohye batted again.

"And it's her birthday!" I yelled, silencing everyone. "I have no right to meddle but seeing Doyeon hurt with your harsh actions is unacceptable. You didn't even have the decency to greet her before engaging another dose of this madness."

"Oh, so it's her birthday so she can do any stupid thing she wants! You even have the guts to meddle, huh?!" Chungha clenched my collar in front of everyone.

"Knock it off, Chungha!" Sohye got her hand away. "Show some respect! You may be talking to our dongsaeng but she deserves respect too. Talk decently to Doyeon for once!"

"Enough! That's enough!" Doyeon cried.

"How can I not defend you, Doyeon? What Chungha did was rude!" Sohye said. "To think of it, she thinks that she's all wise and perfect to boss anyone around!"

"How dare you say that to me?!" Chungha goes nuts as she hurts Sohye again. "Why don't you blame this madness on our little dongsaeng?!"

"Chungha-"

"Don't you dare talk back to me, Sejeong!" Chungha stops her.

The feud kept going on. Mina and Chaeyeon went off to calm themselves as the sisters kept on arguing in front of Doyeon. I comfort Doyeon as I felt her limbs shaking and saw her eyes widen. I even yelled at them to stop but Chungha didn't stop.

"Is this what you want, Doyeon?! You know, those stupid decisions you made caused this! And you know what, I hate to tell you this but..." Chungha huffed. "...you should've just forgotten everything so that I don't have to deal with an imbecile for a dongsaeng like you!"

Doyeon slammed a fist on the table, shocking all of us. I check on Doyeon and I shook. Her eyes became sullen.

"Wait." She spoke. "Who are you guys? Why are you fighting in my house?"

Mina dropped a glass as Chaeyeon was behind her. The sisters froze and here I am, worried sick for Doyeon.

Doyeon-ah... Dodojjyu...you can't forget...you can't...

***

What is this? Who are these people? What happened a while ago? Why were they fighting like animals?

"Doyeon?" I saw a short cute girl reaching my shoulders.

I moved away. My vision was all white and blurry and I'm seeing features of people. I'm even hearing voices.

What's going on? Why am I sensing such weird things?

"Who are you people?" I ask. "I don't know you people. Get out of my house..."

I saw the looks of the people around me. Their expressions were scrunched, disoriented like Picasso's works. I grew scared. I back away.

"Doyeon, where are you going?" A girl with hamster-like cheeks asked me.

"Don't come near me..." I said.

"Doyeon-ah-" A girl with crescent eyes tries to touch my shoulder but I didn't let her.

"Don't touch me...don't come near me..." I huffed.

"Doyeon, enough of this nonsense. It's not funny!" Hamster Girl cried.

"Enough, Chungha!" Cutie Girl spoke. "Don't you see Doyeon is scared?!"

I don't know this woman but Cutie Girl's presence was comfortable. I calmed lightly.

"Yoojung-"

"Stop." Cutie Girl scolded Hamster Girl. "Doyeon has a condition."

"Yoojung, what are you saying?" A pretty girl behind Crescent Eye Girl spoke.

"All those unusual things she did..." Cutie began to cry. "...all those stupidly unusual things have etched their mark of Doyeon's condition." She huffed. "Everyone, Doyeon had Alzheimer's Disease!"

Cutie Girl hugged me tight. I saw everyone crying in front of me. I felt her arms wrap around me that I pull them off of me gently.

"Who are you?" I ask her. "Why did you hug me?"

She was crying in front of me. "Dodojjyu... it's me..."

Dodojjyu? Who's that?

"Doyeon." Crescent Eye Girl went near me. "Doyeon, it's me, Mina. Calm down. I won't hurt you."

Her pat felt nice. I plastered a little smile. "Woah. There're a lot of people. Uhh...it's noisy."

"Yah, Choi Yoojung." She calls on Cutie Girl. "Take your girlfriend into her room. And don't cry like a wuss. Be with her until she calms down, alright?"

Cutie Girl was wiping her face as she came closer, holding my arm gently. It felt nicer.

"Go now, Yoojung. Take care of Doyeon." Crescent Eyes Girl said again.

"It's noisy..." I mumbled.

"Okay, Doyeon. Yoojung will come with you. Don't be afraid. Yoojung is very nice." Crescent Eye Girl spoke and she was crying.

"D-Doyeon..." Cutie Girl faced me. "I'll t-take you to your room to let y-you rest. I-Is that okay?"

"O-Okay..." I spoke. "Let them leave this place. It's noisy...and they're arguing..."

"Let's go?" Cutie asked me.

She held my hand. I felt something strange. I felt happy. I felt safe. I felt...love...

Wait, what?

"It's noisy..." I huffed. "Really...noisy..."

This is weird. Why does my heart say that these are important people to me yet I don't remember anything?

Hmm...

***

It would made sense that Doyeon would share her condition to everyone and let them know what she's facing and what they will face in the future. But I didn't expect it to happen too soon. It hurts me. It hurt like hell.

I saw how Doyeon quivered and grew scared when Mina and I approach her. My approach with her hurt me the most. Who knew it hurts when the person you love forgets you, especially if you always know that her heart loved but her mind couldn't remember?

Now, I was with Doyeon in the bedroom, doing all that I can to calm down and to be her aid whenever I needed to.

"Cutie Girl..." She called and patted a part of the bed. "Come here. You might be lonely."

Oh God, this was hard. I try to stop my tears as I approach her slowly. I sit next to her and sat still. Doyeon stared at me and I stared back, looking onto her precious sullen eyes.

Seeing those eyes hurt me. It became a sign that all precious memories were gone. She can't remember anything. She's like tape with no content. But as I look at her, her eyes began to replenish and get its vibrant color back. I gulped and backed away when she held my hand.

I give her a sympathetic look. That hold was still there but what hit me was that she held back and looked at me with sparkly eyes.

And when she said it, I could sob.

"Yoodaeng?"

She remembers. She...she remembers me...

"Dodojjyu..." I smiled, my tears flowing out.

"Yoodaeng, why are you crying?" She pouted, wiping my tears away. "What happened? Why am I here?"

"Dodojjyu..." She sniffled. "Your condition attacked you and you forgot everyone."

"Doyeon? Yoojung?" Mina emerged from the door and went inside.

Doyeon hugged me from the back and I held her hand tight. "Mina..."

"Doyeon...you remember..." Mina cried in utter joy. "Doyeon, I'm glad you're okay."

"Mina, what is Yoodaeng saying?" She asked.

"Your condition attacked. You forgot Chaeyeon and I, you forgot your sisters, even Yoojung here." Mina said.

"Huh? My sisters are here?" Doyeon asked.

"All of them came, Doyeon." Mina smiled.

"So...they know about my condition?" She asked again and Mina nodded. "Yoodaeng..." She cupped my cheek. "Do you know?"

"I've known a long time ago. I was the first one to know." I said. "I'm sorry I became incompetent to watch over you. Your birthday had to be ruined."

"Birthday?" Doyeon asked but her awakening didn't take long. "Oh yeah. Yoodaeng, it's my birthday~"

Doyeon and I couldn't hold our smiles. For me, I couldn't hold my excitement of Doyeon as she remembers again. I felt Doyeon cup my face again. "Everyone's here. My sisters are complete in coming here."

I nodded and we shared our hugs and forehead kisses. I look up, feeling happy and thankful that Doyeon's memories haven't left yet. I'm so happy that they're still there.

***

After the fiasco, Mina, Yoojung, and I, came outside as everyone who came gave shocked looks. I couldn't be guilty. They had to worry about me.

"Everyone. I apologize for what happened back there. You had to worry." I began. "To my sisters, I'm sorry and I'm so happy that all of you came on my special day. Thank you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner of my condition. I have Alzheimer's disease, guys..." I sniffled. "But I hope you were not offended of what I did back there. I hope you're not mad."

Of course not." Sohye was still sniffling. "We don't mind, Doyeon-ah."

"Chungha..." I recall as I see her cry, her hamster-like cheeks visible. "Sohye..." She sniffled as she wipes her tears off. "Sejeong..." The Ahjussi was crying and her nostrils puffed I could almost laugh. "Chaeyeon, Mina!" The two grinned. "And of course, Yoojung, my Yoodaeng..." I pinched the cheeks of the love of my life.

Oh my gosh. I can still remember. I thank God for this. He's giving me my chances and I make sure to use them wisely. "Everyone, I want you to remember this..." I spoke again. "I may lose you all in my thoughts and I will not remember you, but..." I point at my heart. "...all of you are here. The heart never forgets because I love you all."

Sohye hugged me first. Sejeong was crying like a dork but she tackles me for a hug. I could almost laugh because she was crying louder than any of us.

"Chungha...Unnie..." I reach for her.

Chungha was crying again and she said her apologies. She hugged me tight and she trembled. I get to hug my sisters again. This was the best birthday ever.

How could I forget my friends? Chaeyeon and Mina got their hugs too, crying like little babies. But wait. Where's Yoojung? Where did my Yoodaeng go?

I heard singing. I saw Yoojung holding a birthday cake as she sang. Everyone joined in as she walked closer, facing me. Damn, she looked so cute and pretty.

"Happy Birthday, Doyeon~"

I blew the candle on my cake and everyone cheered. Yoojung was still smiling, holding the cake. I pouted. "Put it on the table."

She nodded and placed it carefully. I motion her to come closer. She did, walking like a cute kid. As she did, I kissed her. Everyone was shocked.

"What?" I faced them as I hug Yoojung close to me. "She's my Yoodaeng."

"Love in the air~" Chaeyeon said, sarcastically spraying mist around us.

We could only laugh. For me, it was the best birthday ever, a memory down by the books in which I'll never forget.

***

I never thought I could do something daring. This meeting was like a very difficult exam. Here I am, facing the Kim sisters. Doyeon was excluded in this since Sohye requested it. I could only agree. I only need to talk to the three of them, mostly to Chungha and Sejeong.

The table was too palpable. I could see the impatience etched in Chungha's face and Sohye and Sejeong could only keep their mouths shut. I waste no time...

"Uh..." I stutter and all their eyes were on me. "...thank you all for coming and for giving me a chance to talk to you, even though it's clear that it gets bad everytime we face each other..."

It's undeniable, even Sejeong and Sohye think of that. I huffed and said again. "Um...when I knew of Doyeon's condition, like you guys, it shocked me. Because at that time, her condition wasn't severe. Doyeon was still active. I know her as a strong and independent woman. Then again, I remember the doctor saying that time will come that she can't be alone and someone needs to take care of her."

I could see little nods from them. I continue. "To be honest, it's hard to believe it. This and Doyeon's condition? It's really hard to believe it."

Chungha was rubbing her temples, Sejeong was like getting her rage in control, and Sohye smiled sadly. "But now, the time has come.."

"Ugh, can we stop with the narration and go straight to the point?" Chungha spoke.

I was stopped. Now, my hands were shaking. Great, Choi Yoojung. You scored an angry point from Chungha.

"Well, I want to take care of Doyeon." I said.

"Later, the three of us will talk of your schedule. Sohye will inform you and you will come with her at the house." Chungha said.

"No." I said back. "I want to take care of Doyeon, to love her..." I sighed. "...and to marry her."

"Can I have my word with this?" Chungha asked and I nodded. "If it were the case, it's up to Doyeon. But if I were to decide, my sisters and I will take care of Doyeon and not other people, not even you, Yoojung."

"Well if that was the case, I'll be doing that, thanks. Why? Because Doyeon needs someone to take care of her that is not a pain in the ." Sohye said sarcastically. "And Yoojung will join me, even Mina and Chaeyeon."

"Are you trying to gain attention, Sohye?" Chungha asked.

"No. I'm just telling the truth. I want to admit that all of us are lacking towards Doyeon and in the list of lacking, I'm last." Sohye batted.

"Well, if you and Sejeong told me earlier, I could've done something." Chungha mumbled.

"Well if all of us found out, there will be more ruckus and Doyeon will feel uncomfortable because you two are letting you egos slip and reprimand rather than comfort." Sohye points at Sejeong and Chungha.

"Had I known she was sick-"

"And if you didn't, you'll act all high and not have the initiative to care for our dongsaeng? You're going back to your 'program of ignorance', is that it?!" Sohye batted again.

"Watch your language, Sohye. You're talking as if you're the noblest sibling. May I just remind you that I'm older. I'm the eldest of the four and I have the right to decide on this matter." Chungha batted back.

"Like the right to sell the house?" Sohye asked.

"I forced her to sell it, Sohye." Sejeong defended.

"That you sold for vices. How low of you, Sejeong." Sohye snickered.

"I admit I made a mistake but am I the only one? Come to think of it, you're the ignorant one, Sohye. Your approach jeopardizes Doyeon's safety. And you concern your precious Mina more than our dongsaeng." Sejeong batted at her.

Sohye was silenced. Sejeong snickered of keeping shut as Chungha sighed hard. I was silenced too but I need to settle this.

"Chungha, Sejeong, Sohye..." I spoke and they face me again. "If it's okay with you three, do know that Doyeon is the concern of this meeting, her welfare and how we should show her how important she is to us. Please..."

"So you want to marry Doyeon now that she's sick and us sisters are strengthening our sisterhood?" Chungha batted. "You had to meddle again, Yoojung. That's just peachy of you."

"No. You're not proposing to Doyeon. And with her condition, we, her sisters, get to decide that for her."

I sighed. Sohye and Sejeong didn't say anything. All the same, Chungha was the 'sore ones'. I checked the time and I stood up to my seat.

"What is it, Yoojung?" Sohye asked.

"Doyeon's check-up should be done. Let's go."

Sohye and I led the way as Chungha and Sejeong follow. We got inside Doctor Ho's clinic as I ask of Doyeon's condition.

Before that, I introduced Doctor Ho to Doyeon's sisters. Doctor Ho was obliged to meet them, same with Doyeon's sisters.

"Doc, are Doyeon's tests done?" Sohye asked.

"During Doyeon's first consultation, one of her tests was to draw a clock. As you can see..." I saw a very nice drawing. "... it's clean and minimal. But in this drawing during this day's test..." I saw a very disoriented clock. "...the circle isn't perfect, the number 11 is out of the circle, concluding that her skills are deteriorating, her reflexes, her movements, even her walking." I saw Doctor Ho sigh. "I'm sorry to say this but Doyeon's condition is worsening, reaching the moderately severe stage of Alzheimer's."

I could see Sohye bearing her tears, even Sejeong was confused and having dismantled thoughts of this revelation. And seeing Chungha, she was persistent to help Doyeon, to think that there was a cure for this disease when there isn't.

"Doc, could there be a possible way to conduct another test and get a second opinion?" Chungha asked.

"Miss Chungha, based on the clinical basis and all our tests, even on research, Doyeon's condition is definite and it's worsening rapidly. I'm sorry..."

All of us were dismayed, especially Doyeon's sisters. Doyeon came inside and she was smiling. Now, she was like an innocent girl, wondering of her sister's looks.

"It's nothing, Doyeon," said Sejeong.

"Are you okay? How did the tests go?" Chungha asked as she went closer to pat Doyeon's head.

"I'm fine." Doyeon smiled at her then at me. "Yoodaeng, let's go have a dinner date."

I wondered of what to do. Sohye would always agree. Sejeong and Chungha were always in doubt.

"Go." Sejeong said and I gasped. "Go now, you two. And please, Yoojung, take care of Doyeon."

I nodded and Doyeon pulled me outside. I bid my goodbye to Doctor Ho and the Kim sisters as I went with Doyeon.

I may not have the approval yet but at least I get a date.

***

Yoojung and I were on our date on the same restaurant. We always went here on our dates and it never gets old. Our meal came and we thanked the waiter then ate, also enjoying other's company.

"So...what did you and my sisters talk about?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Don't get that in your head." Yoojung answered.

"So...you are always prepared, huh? I ask you out of the blue yet you always prepare." I grinned.

"Of course. Besides, even if your birthday was yesterday, I consider this date as my belated gift for you." Yoojung said as she ate some steak. "But this is special because we're celebrating your birthday, just the two of us. Also, you asked me and I want you to be happy today, renounced the check-up..."

I smiled. How could this midget be so sweet to me?

"Bon appetit." I was out of my daze as the waiter served a plate of grilled abalones, my favorite.

"Oh yeah, I asked the waiter to cook that for you." Yoojung said.

"You still remember?" I asked.

"Of course, I do." Yoojung said, holding my hand. "You and Sohye would get some by the rocks and you brought some for me when we went to the cliffs for a picnic."

I could adore Yoojung forever. Her gaze at me was intense yet I felt at ease with her. But then, I noticed her tears. I reached to wipe them off but she did it herself.

"Why are you crying? I thought you want me to be happy. And I'm not happy if you're not happy." I pouted.

"These are tears of joy!" She cackled as she smiled that smile that I love so much. "I'm happy. I really am."

"Well, if you are, why are you crying like a kid, a midget?" I joked.

"Hey!" She reacted and we shared our laughs. "You hungry, Doyeon?"

"Well, not yet." I answered.

"Okay. Then we'll go hungry until our stomachs digest themselves." She said as she stood up.

"Yah, Choi Yoojung, what are you doing?"

"May I have this dance?" She asked, lending a hand. "Please~"

I laughed of this cutie's antics. It was embarrassing since there were people around and she was kneeling like a kid begging for candy. Yet, I went with the flow, hugging Yoojung and dancing with her.

I was reminded of the dances we shared. I cherished every single memory, especially this one. I hugged Yoojung close to me again as I enjoy this night with the love of my life, my Yoodaeng...

The next day, Sohye and I were at the house, designing bottles for a charity work Yoojung planned. I wanted to help her. And since she's busy with work, she can't finish everything. Sohye saw me and volunteered to help.

I was wrapping ribbon around a bottle when Sohye asked me. "Doyeon? If Yoojung proposed to you, would you say yes?"

I still wrapped ribbon on the bottle then faced Sohye. "Of course. We'll get married." I smiled.

And it hit me...again...

Wait, what?

"When she gets back from Seoul..." I mumbled.

I was seeing things. I saw a girl with a wide grin. Who is she?

"You say yes? And Yoojung's gets back from Seoul?" She asked with a confused look.

"Boatwoman...she earns through her sport and promised to come back to Jeju so that we can get married..." I mumbled again.

Yoojung was my first love. Before there was Yeonjung, there was her and she became a part of me...

"Doyeon?"

"But no wedding happened..." I mumbled.

"Uhh, well..." Wide Grin Girl spoke. "Because you met Yeonjung..."

" It's Yeonjung's fault..." I mumbled again.

I said it again and again like a broken record as I was reminded of that bad past.

She was a . She ruined everything. It was her fault!! That ruined everything!!! She's a ing !

"Yah, Kim Doyeon!!" Wide Grin Girl shook me out of my daze.

"Sohye? Doyeon?"

*snap*

I saw a broken bottle and saw Sohye's distressed look. Afterwards, Mina came into view. I had my hunch. This ing Alzheimer's took over again.

"Doyeon, why don't you rest?" Mina comforted me. "Yah, Kim Sohye! Why did you do?!"

"I didn't do anything! I just asked her if Yoojung proposed to her, what would she say? And then she said about Yoojung in Seoul, no wedding happened, and that it's Yeonjung's fault." Sohye spoke.

"Shut up!" I grew mad. "Just shut the up!"

"Doyeon-ah-"

"Don't talk about Yeonjung again!!" I grew angrier. "It's Yeonjung's fault!!"

"Why? What did Yeonjung do-"

"It's Yeonjung's fault..." I shook.

"Why? What does Yeonjung have to do with this-"

"Hush!" Mina shuts Sohye up. "Stop it. You're scaring Doyeon." She helps me up. "You need to rest, Doyeon. Don't worry Sohye, I'll take her inside."

Sohye just nodded. I walked with Mina slowly, my long legs wobbling and my mind going rancid everytime Yeonjung popped in my head.

I shook my head. I can't think about it again. Not again...

***

I wonder of this meeting with Sohye and Mina. They gave me the worried looks. I was getting a little pissed of their silence as I ask them what's wrong.

"It's Doyeon. She got attacked by her condition...again..." Mina sighed.

"When did it happen? Why didn't you call me?" I batted my questions.

"Yesterday, when we helped with you philanthropic work. Doyeon got delusional." Sohye said. "We came here to seek advice so that we can really take care of Doyeon."

"Why ask me, Sohye? As her sister, you should know of Doyeon's behavior." I said to her.

"I said that to her too but she insisted that we meet you." Mina added.

"I know, Yoojung. I asked Sejeong and Chungha too. I also have my moments with Doyeon, even Mina and Chaeyeon." Sohye said. "But your memories with Doyeon are the most important. I need to know how Doyeon behaves when she's with you and anything she does and shows to you that we don't know."

"Okay." I nodded. "If you're seeing a delusional Kim Doyeon, expect that. The doctor said that in the moderately severe stage, the patient could suffer delusions, flashbacks, even reflexes due to anger. Taking care of Doyeon of this time is going to be a hard task."

Mina nodded. I chuckled of Sohye as she jotted it down. Anyways...

"You know, when Doyeon gets angry, she's ignorant. She acts like a sourpuss and she goes quiet. Her eyes go sullen and she freezes because the disease hits her, like a deer caught in the headlights. And based on what you said, she flips out. She will flip out anytime and for no reason so watch out for her reflexes."

"How do you know these, Yoojung?" Mina asked.

"When Doyeon stays at my place, her disease attacks everyday. With those incidents, I did my best to learn everything about her condition and learned to adapt of her reflexes and her emotions when it attacks her thoughts." I said.

"Anything else?" Sohye asked.

"Doyeon can get aggressive but mostly, she's happy..." I said.

"Especially when she's with you, right?" Mina asked.

"On a regular basis of her condition, yes. In fact, her condition attacks everyday but when she looks at me and I hold her hand, her memories return." I said, almost crying. "You see, guys..." I huffed. "Everything you do for Doyeon, even in the littlest of things, she laughs and gets really happy. If she gets tantrums, Mina and I are the only ones who can calm her down."

"True." Mina nodded. "Like that time on her birthday."

"That's right. If she does, let Mina her inside. If it doesn't stop, you call me so that I can get to her." I said. "This isn't the real challenge. Always remember that...because there's that critical stage wherein Doyeon's loss of memories will be permanent and she'll just stare into space like a dead fish."

Mina and Sohye were listening intently. And as much as I'm wrecking the inevitably of Doyeon's loss of memories, I need to give the real talk of this predicament. "She'll rage. She'll forget everything and that is Doyeon's greatest fear. With this, as her sisters, you need to be there for her." I said to Sohye. "She's dying to catch time like any of the people who are expecting the oblivion of their lives. None of us can tell when Doyeon will stop her world, her memories, her doses of love for all of us. You need to consider this, especially Sejeong and Chungha because they're the ones who have a far mind and a thick skull towards Doyeon."

Sohye nods as she cries. Mina was hugging her and comforting her, her tears flowing out too.

"One more thing. As her girlfriend, her lover, her Yoodaeng..." I cried. "I fear of it too. I fear losing the love of my life. I refuse to lose Doyeon of her condition. If I had a coin for every solution, I'd earn a lot to get Doyeon out of this mess because I love her."

"Yoojung..."

"But I realize. If she had her last memory by then, she can't see a sad midget. Her last set of memories need to be worthwhile wherein she'll see us happy, that she sees me happy..."

Mina and Sohye nod. I cussed of this meeting. Why did it have to be a brigade of chopped onions?

"Mina, Sohye." I said again. "Time in inevitable. We don't know when Doyeon will lose all that matters, her memories, but I know she had a dream like any of us." I held their hands tight. "Do you know what she really dreams of?"

"What?" They ask.

"It's not just a life for herself or with me. Her dream is a life for us, especially to you and your sisters, Sohye, even the fact that she wants Sejeong and Chungha to change their minds about her relationship with me. And as a person who loves her dearly, I want to grant that for her."

"Me too." Mina said, looking at Sohye.

"Mina...Yoojung..."

" their superiority and those bad vibes within your family, Penguin." Mina said to Sohye. "Learn to forgive, forget, make amends, and give yourselves a chance for Doyeon."

"And we'll help you with that." I said to Sohye again. "We'll help you with Sejeong and Chungha. We'll help bring your sisterhood back...for Doyeon."

Sohye nods and thanked me and Mina for this meeting. I couldn't be happier of Sohye and Mina's efforts. I felt happy for myself too.

Mina and I would've been away from this madness. We were just friends of Sohye. And with Sejeong and Chungha's grudge against us, why would we bother to help?

Doyeon is the reason. Her sisters are also a part of her. I'm going to help them through this for her sake, whatever the cost...

***

I couldn't help but wonder of what's happening in the household but I was so happy.

Everything played like a video with twice the speed. Yoodaeng was there, taking pictures and videos of us. My sisters and I played cards and other fun games and in the evening we had dinner.

"Eat some more. This food is delicious!" I cheered.

"Eat some more. This food is delicious!" I cheered again.

Everyone stopped as they look intently at me. I wondered why when Yoojung chuckled and held my hand. "Okay, Doyeon. We'll eat a lot. I'll even beat Sohye here."

"Hahaha..." Sohye laughed sarcastically and we all laughed. "I'm beating you with Jenga this time. You had to make do a y dare of dancing ily."

"What? You don't even like Jenga!" Sejeong remarked.

"Excuse me, I love that game as much as I love Mina." Sohye stuck a tongue and I laughed again.

"Well, Jenga doesn't love you, which reminds me, I'll tell Mina of that. I recorded it." Yoojung smirked.

Sohye reacted and I could die of laughter now. Yoojung is so cute and funny and everyone was smiling. It made me happy.

"Well, you cheated. I'm kicking you onto the losing team this time." Sohye batted.

"Chungha's the queen of cheaters." Sejeong teased.

"Hey! Why drag me?" Chungha asked while doing a pout.

"Because you don't like doing the dares." Yoojung said and Chungha gave a cheeky expression.

"Yeah. She even threw a block outside because of the dare, like Sohye did." Sejeong teased again.

"So that's why-OMG-you owe me a block, Chungha." Sohye reacted again.

"Haha, I got the pics and vids here~" Yoojung held her camera.

"Yah, Choi Yoojung, you're deleting that..." Chungha remarked.

All of us shared our laughs. I was overwhelmed, especially of my sisters approach towards Yoojung. I dreamt of this before and I never thought it could come true...

W-Wait...what's going on with my head??

"What game is that?" I asked. " I want to join." I did a pout.

They just stopped and stared at me again. I see Sohye bearing tears, Sejeong just smiled, and Chungha and Yoojung pat my shoulders.

"We'll play later, okay? After we eat...next round~" Yoojung said to me.

"Really? I join?" I asked her.

"Of course." She grinned.

"Okay. Eat some more. This food is delicious!" I cheered."

Everyone ate again. I noticed Chungha and Sejeong's worried looks. Sohye was busy with stuffing with chicken. For Yoojung, she just grinned and ate peacefully.

I was happy of the sight. But why do I feel hollow?

What just happened?

***

I was at a cafe as I contemplate of everything that had happened in my life, especially in the moment where Doyeon is facing the obscurity of losing her memories.

It's weird. I shouldn't mind. I should go with the flow, to settle with Doyeon's sisters and to be with Doyeon when she needs me the most. What more could I ask for? I'm happy for this progress but why do I feel hollow yet heavy?

A tone disrupted me as I got a message from Doyeon.

From: Dodojjyu
Where are you, Yoodaeng?

How could I forget? I'm supposed to take her on a date. I remembered the day she wanted to have another date. She was excited and all and I was dying to grant that. But I also remember the day Doyeon told me of her intact bond with her sisters and Chungha rejecting thst fact that I will marry Doyeon. I was hit with the realization that with that, a life with Doyeon is hard to reach...

I'm getting delusional. This is nuts...

I looked at my phone, wondering to reply. I sighed and typed...

To: Dodojjyu
I'm sorry, Doyeon. There's an emergency in the office. I can't go. It's better if you rest tonight and we'll see each other some other day.

I press send and sulked again. I rubbed my temples. Patience was playing with my head again and I felt weak fighting back over and over again.

I got up and decided to go when I saw a woman by the doors. She was panting. I got a closer look and I gasped. "Chungha?!"

"Yoojung...we need to talk..." She spoke.

I nodded and sat back down. Chungha went towards my table and sat face to face with me.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" I asked.

"I want to talk about Doyeon." Chungha said. "I won't take long."

I snickered. I know I had no decency to do that but with her approach towards me, how can I not? Seriously, as if Chungha ate something diabolical that she had extreme guts to talk to me now.

"Okay. What do you want to talk about Doyeon?" I ask.

"If you have a plan to marry Doyeon, then don't pursue on that plan. I forbid you to do that." Chungha demanded.

"So this is why you came? Just to tell me about that?" I asked her.

I look at her intently and she grew silent. For me, this is just bull. She's wasting my patience and my time. Nonetheless, she needs to know how I feel with this. It's about time I became honest with no restrictions.

"Yah, Kim Chungha." I batted. "I waited for Doyeon for so long. Nine years. Nine years I waited! Not only that, I had to bear all the insults, ignorance, and physical pain that you and your sisters put on me. We loved each other and we spent time together and never in my life with Doyeon have I hurt her."

"Don't brag about the fact that you waited so long for Doyeon." Chungha batted. "You had an affair with a woman, my sister, during the time she had someone else! If you didn't persist on your selfish ways, then our family wouldn't have been wrecked apart!"

I snickered again. Who knew Chungha had the thickest skull? Why was she even Doyeon's sister?

"How crude of you, Chungha. You even made Doyeon believe that you've forgiven her. Not only you didn't change, your arrogance and crudeness has levelled up. You're fooling your sister." I batted.

"I didn't fool her. I just protected her. I tried finding forgiveness and put things back where it used to be when you were gone. But you came up and ruined everything!" She points at me.

"For the many times, you insult me and force Doyeon into your reasons, almost yelling at her, humiliating her, even pushing her and pointing her like she was useless, even adding curses onto your words." I inch closer at her as I was so mad. "Not only that, you put a grudge on me just because I'm a boatwoman, you accuse me because a boatwoman killed your parents, you force Sohye to ignore me, you let Sejeong beat me, and you left Doyeon to a woman you never knew had ulterior motives to destroy all of you."

I was on my limit. Like right now, I want to beat Chungha up for all that had happened to me.

I clenched my fists. I saw Chungha looking away, denying her mistakes like the arrogant woman she was. "For all the that has happened, are you not ashamed of yourself? Don't you have a conscience, Chungha?"

"Stop. Just stop!" Chungha yelled.

"And for all the pain that had created this madness, now you know that Doyeon has a condition, you go soft and you suddenly care and come back to her aid?" I batted again. "Well, let me get this idea for the last father ing time." I blew a fuse. "I love Doyeon. We have dreams together. But Yeonjung came. A lot has happened. I had to get away. Even if I came back, I just let it off. You know what happened?!" I grit my teeth in anger. "Sohye had the flu. You three were hysterical of her condition but what did Yeonjung do? She did nothing! She left you four! She left Doyeon when she needed her the most! She left her responsibility to Doyeon!"

She shook her head and cried. I sighed and leaned back, relieving myself off of my anger. But I know it will not avert Chungha's thinking. Just like I thought, she had a very thick skull!

"You have no right to tarnish Yeonjung's name and our memories with her, especially of her memory with Doyeon!" She yelled. "You don't know how Yeonjung sacrificed herself to help us and to love Doyeon dearly. You waltz in and everything was ruined! Yeonjung may not be my blood but she was always family...and she had to die. You should've just let us be so that we can spend time with Doyeon. Don't steal Doyeon's attention from us! Because if you did love Doyeon, you wouldn't be so selfish."

"I'm the selfish one, huh?" I snickered at her again. "Look who's talking, Chungha. If you did love Doyeon, you wouldn't be the you are. You would've given Doyeon's wishes, respect her right decisions, and let her live life herself than isolating her and forcing her to live under your supervision. Not only that, you'd find forgiveness in your heart and you give her everything that makes her happy."

I've had enough. And I guess I've said everything I need to say. I didn't wait this time and made my leave.

"Don't you dare..." Chungha began and I stopped. "...propose to my dongsaeng. If you do that, I'll be against it. And with her condition, we, her sisters, have the right to decide for that matter. Wait till we decide that on court, you, taking advantage of my sister's illness. If you plan to marry Doyeon, matters will go for the worst and it will hurt her. Now do you want that to happen or I'll just let you be with her and you'll be happy?!"

I gulped. This is . She just had me at that statement.

"Think about it." Chungha said and left the cafe.

I would've been patient. I said that before. I'm one patient midget. But as I got to my car, I couldn't help but scream and slam the horn. Not only that, I was sobbing like a wreck.

I was a mess again, just like on the day Doyeon left me for two times. I question. Why does family that abuse her love have more authority than the person who would make her feel loved so that she can love for others? Why does life have to play with us? How could it happen to us?

I did nothing but hold the wheel and cry again.

Will I lose her for the fourth and last time?

***

I couldn't be happier as I didn't expect all my sisters to come to my house. But I wonder, where's Yoojung?

"Doyeonnie~" Chungha hugged me tight. "How are you today? Have you eaten~?" She calls for Sejeong and Sohye. "Sejeong, cook some dinner and Sohye, get Doyeon's papers, the bills, and important insurances that need to to settled. I'll organize them."

Sejeong hissed and went to the kitchen. Sohye went to my room to get the papers as Chungha sat next to me, patting my head.

"I thought you'd be late from work again." I said.

"I got work that makes me go home early. Expect this everyday, Doyeonnie. Chungha-unnie will watch over you everyday, just as much as your Sejeong-unnie and Sohye-unnie will." She smiled and as Sejeong came, she huffed. "Sejeong, what's taking food so long? Doyeon might be hungry!"

"I'm still cooking the ddeokbokki, Chungha." Sejeong answered.

"That better be organic. Doyeon needs to eat healthily. And don't add too much spices." Chungha said.

"Whatever." Sejeong huffed.

"Sohye!" Chungha called and Sohye emerged from my room. "Where are the papers?!"

"Here." Sohye tosses an envelope to Chungha. "Jeez, you had to make me rush." I heard her mumble. "Showoff."

"What was that?!" Chungha asked.

"Please don't fight." I said to them, almost crying. "I want to rest. I'll eat later."

"But Doyeon-"

"You heard her." Sohye said. "Come on, I'll take you to your room."

I nodded and followed Sohye inside my bedroom. I got plopped on my bed and Sohye just sat next to me.

"Where's Yoodaeng?" I asked.

"She's at her home, resting." Sohye answered.

"Okay. It would've been better if she was here." I pouted.

"Yeah?" Sohye pats my head and I hug her tight.

"Who's that?" I asked as I saw Sohye's wallpaper on her phone.

"It's Mina, your friend, my girlfriend. You know..." Sohye shared and I listen. "...Mina means the whole world to me. I love her and she loves me and she's a person I will never forget."

"Unnie, I have someone whom I'll never forget too." I gleamed.

"Who?" Sohye asked.

"My Yoodaeng and my sisters, especially you since you're my favorite~" I said, hugging Sohye.

Sohye just laughed and hugged me back. I lean onto her shoulder and asked her. "Have you been long with Mina? Do you say stuff like how she's important to you and vice versa?"

"Of course I do, Doyeon. I say it and I let her feel that she's loved, just as much as she does with me." Sohye answered and I felt her pat my head. "Now, let me ask you the same thing about you and Yoojung."

"Me and Yoodaeng?" I asked and Sohye nodded. "Same with your answer. Life is short so I do all that I can to cherish every moment with her, every moment we missed and future moments."

I wonder of the silence. I looked up and saw Sohye wipe her tears away. I wonder why she was crying but she shrugged it off, getting up.

"You know what, you should rest. I'll wake you up later so that you can eat." Sohye said.

I nodded. She pats my head before leaving the room. I lay on my bed and felt my eyes droop.

Yoojung was in my thought and I think I'll call her soon...

***

Morning escalated and I'm now up and getting ready for work. Despite of getting ready, I had more time to do other things. At the time, I grabbed my phone and watched a video of Doyeon.

It was taken during her times she stayed here at home. It was like an interview. I asked her of her name, birthday, address, and her sisters. She gets the questions right and I would compliment of her little achievement. I saw how cute Doyeon was in this interview and I shot that so that so that she is reminded everyday. With her condition and all, she needs to recall everyday.

I sent it through her Messenger and went back to fix my stuff when I got a call. I chuckled of the dialler and answered. "Hello, Doyeon? Good morning."

"Yoodaeng~" Hearing her voice, I smiled. "Good morning~" Gosh, she sounds cute. "Yoodaeng, I watched the video and I've recalled those memories."

"Really. Wow. I see that it's effective. Same thing tomorrow, okay?" I spoke.

"Okay. Now I have a question for you. Answer it, okay?" She said.

"Okay, Doyeon. Game." I grinned.

"Who's the love of my life?"

It took me some time to answer as I felt my tears fall. I wipe them off. "Me."

"That's right! Choi Yoojung, Yoodaeng, my Yoodaeng~"

I cry in joy. I wipe them silently. "Okay, Dodojjyu. I'll call you later. I need to get to work."

"Okay. Do your work well. It's okay to let loose sometimes but be committed and love your work. Make the hours of labor worthwhile." She advised.

"Okay, Dodojjyu. Bye." I sighed. "I love you."

"I love you more, Yoodaeng. Take care, midget. Bye."

She hung up. I thought about something and I made it clear as I went out, secured my house, went to my car, and drove for work.

I'm taking Doyeon out later.

***

Yoojung and I were at the park, walking around. The start of this date was a little complicated it. It really was.

"Doyeon, are you okay?" She asked me.

"Sorry for eyeing the surroundings like a wuss but..." I said as we stopped. "...I just worry what if Chungha was in surveillance? Sohye talked to her about our date and let us be but Chungha's stubborn."

"I understand." I said, patting her back.

"But she's just infuriating. She meddles with my personal life, forbids me to do things I want, and she even hurts you, especially Sohye and Sejeong. She'd be like 'Doyeon, why didn't you prepare a meal for Yeonjung?', 'Doyeon, why aren't you sitting next to Yeonjung?', Doyeon, why don't you eat with Yeonjung?', gosh, Yoodaeng, she's like a broken record, asking too much and reprimanding too much." I babbled.

I looked at Yoojung and she gave me a serious look. I wonder what's wrong. But then, she gave a straight face.

"So...you didn't love Yeonjung after all. That's why you cried on that celebration at the restaurant." She said. "Let me ask you. Why did you let go? Who cares if Yeonjung you and planned to kill me and ruin you sisters' lives? I'd accept you and save you from that. I'd help your sisters and you. Why was your trust in me so low? Why did you went off with her, Doyeon...when you had me?"

It flashed on my mind, the events that ruined everything. I saw Yoojung's look and it hurts me.

"I would've reckoned you got that off of your head but why does it sound fresh to your memories?" Yoojung asked as she approached me.

I grew scared. I watch Yoojung draw closer and I wanted this topic out of this date. As Yoojung kept insisting, I couldn't get it off my my head, no matter how hard my conscience wants to get it off.

"That's enough!" I yelled.

I put a hand on my head, wanting this torment to stop. I cried again when I felt arms wrapped around me. I look down and Yoojung was hugging me.

"I'm sorry..." I heard her sniffle. "I'm so sorry..."

I found forgiveness of Yoojung's sudden approach and I hug her again. Once I heard her sob, I began to worry.

"Yoodaeng..."

"I'm sorry! I made you cry! You had to be scared of me!!" She cried like a little kid.

I hushed her. I know she didn't mean to do that. She just worried of me. She worried of those days I had with Yeonjung, of what happened to me.

She can't know every detail. The ? It was just a tip of the iceberg. She can't find out about everything. I don't want her to worry of me even more.

***

After the date, I didn't remind her of that memory with Yeonjung. However, it's not stopping me to finding out everything. I have a feeling that Yeonjung her was just the tip of the iceberg. Some info is still missing and I'm eager to find out.

Now, I'm a Sohye's place. If there's anyone I can ask about that, it's none other than Doyeon's favorite sister.

"Sohye?" I rang the doorbell.

The door opened and there was Mina. I almost gagged. Her clothes were creased, she had a hickey on her neck, and her hair's disheveled. Not only that, I saw Sohye at the back, hastily putting her clothes on.

"Mind me for disturbing you two." I coughed.

"Hahaha." Mina just laughs it off. "Penguin, it's Yoojung."

Mina pulls me inside and Sohye greeted me. As Mina went to shower, I grabbed the chance to talk to Sohye. "Sohye, I need you to tell me something."

"What is it?" Sohye asked.

"I want you to tell me about Yeonjung's sin towards Doyeon."

Sohye's eyes dilated but I was still hesitant to know. Then again, she shrugs it. "Yah, what have you eaten that you ask me that? It's best not to talk about it." Then she glares at me. "Did you trigger Doyeon of that incident?!"

"I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!" I yelled. "I want to know. I need to ease her through that pain. Please..."

"Yoojung, whatever that is, it's only Doyeon and Yeonjung's problem. I didn't dare to meddle." Sohye said.

"But you at least know. Come on, Sohye. You're the only sibling Doyeon trusts. And don't worry, I know of what happened, that she was and she forced Doyeon to stay because it'll affect your lives and hers, even mine."

Sohye gulped. I waited for Sohye to say something but she didn't. I sighed. "Sohye, if you know more aside from what I said, please be honest with me. When I was gone...does Yeonjung hurt Doyeon? Was that another part of her sin?"

"Yes." She spoke and I listened intently. "Doyeon told me of everything, the incident, the condition..." She huffed. "...but she also told me that she bribed Chungha to stop all connections between you two."

"Was is the time I went back when I persuaded her again, right after Yeonjung came back?"

"Yes." Sohye nodded. "At the time, Chungha and Yeonjung had an agreement. She'll help us against poverty in exchange for Doyeon." She sighed. "And yes. Yeonjung is a . She abuses Doyeon. With the conditions, Doyeon was forbidden to get in contact with you, even until such time Yeonjung passed away."

"No wonder..." I mumbled. "She might be in pain to be away from me...but it'll pain her more to see you three in poverty and that she'd be away from you three..."

"That's right." Sohye said, crying. "That's how Doyeon loves, Yoojung..."

"And it had to do with me..." I cried with her. "That's why Doyeon is facing that scary incident inside her head." I huffed. "Maybe this is also why...I need to be away from Doyeon."

"Yoojung, what are you saying?" Sohye asked.

"To cease Doyeon's bad memories, I need to be away for a while. She needs good memories to live by, especially memories with you and your sisters."

"Yoojung, you can't do that." Sohye protested. "Doyeon needs you. You can't go again. Please..."

I could only sigh and slump my head onto the counter.

Should I leave for a bit or stay with Doyeon?

***

I had a wonderful day today. Yoojung and I were done on our date and she and I went back home. I pull her to come inside with me and she just followed. As I got upstairs, I wondered as Chungha, Sohye and Mina were inside Sohye's room, looking for something.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked. "What is it that you're looking for?"

"Sohye's insurances. She misplaced them." Chungha said.

"Misplaced? What's misplaced?" I asked.

"Uhh...I lost them, Doyeon," said Sohye.

I wonder who could steal Sohye's insurances? I scan around the room, my eyes stopping on Mina.

I recall Mina coming in Sohye's room while I was chilling. I saw her scurry inside Sohye's closet. And then it hit me...

"She did it." I point at her. "She stole them. She meddles with Sohye's stuff. She stole Sohye's insurances."

I hissed and charged at her when Chungha and Sohye stopped me.

What the heck? I got the culprit and they're stopping me?

"Give them back!!" I yelled.

"Doyeon, calm down. Mina didn't steal them. Mina would never do that." Sohye said.

"Yah, Choi Yoojung?! What the are you still doing here?!" Chungha points at Yoojung who was behind Mina. "You're agitating my sister!"

"Yah, Chungha! Yoojung didn't do anything-"

"You know what? Sorry." Yoojung raises her hands. "Doyeon, I need to go."

*snap*

Yoodaeng? Where are you going?

"Yoojung-"

"Come on. You need to rest." Chungha guides me.

I follow but I stop as I saw Mina crying. I wonder. "Mina?"

"Take her inside, Chungha." Sohye said, comforting Mina.

What happened? Why did Mina cry? And why did Yoojung leave so soon? I need Yoojung right now. I need her...

But it was all too sudden. Not only that, my body felt tired. Chungha tucks me in and I slept instantly.

And in my dreams...I see the same scene. I was asleep...and Chungha was right beside me, reading my list from Doctor Ho, in which I got when Yoojung came with me for a check-up.

I watch her read the list out loud. And she mentioned Yoojung's name, she stopped. Not only that, she crumpled that list. I was shocked with what she did. I couldn't believe it. And she was crying.

Doyeon, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry if I stopped Yoojung from proposing to you. I know she makes you happy but I can't accept it, Doyeon. I try to understand, to forgive, and to accept for your sake. I try like I'm killing myself to change and accept my mistakes. But everytime that I thought of you with her, married even, that you have the greatest love, the greatest happiness that you longed for, I get hurt, Doyeon. I get hurt for us, for Sejeong, for Sohye, even for Yeonjung. You know, Doyeon, I get hurt everytime I rooted the fact that Yeonjung doesn't love you. I don't understand that Yeonjung loved you so much and why you didn't reciprocate her feelings.

I was frozen. How could Chungha do this? How could my eldest sister lie to me like this?

I'm the eldest, Doyeon. I have to do this for our family. I petitioned for legal guardianship so that all MY matters for you are legal, in your behalf. I'm sorry if I need to do this. Doyeon, it's the only way for Yoojung to get away from you once and for all.

No, unnie. You can't. Not again...

She's a murderer, Doyeon. She killed our parents. Eommoni and Eomma didn't die in a wreckage. SHE killed them...

*gasp*

I jolted up. I look around. It was dark and quiet. I guess everyone's asleep. I huffed as I put a hand on my forehead, relived that it was just a dream yet hesitant as if what Chungha said really happened in real life.

But one thing's for sure, if Chungha were to be my legal guardian, I just hope she doesn't seclude me away from Yoojung, Mina, even Chaeyeon, because I also need them in my life. Most of all, I need Yoojung in my life.

***

I was done showering and was getting ready for bed. I went by the wadrobe and got a box. I plopped on my bed and I looked inside of it. Inside the box was my memorabilia with Doyeon. From her pictures to that ring, I had everything I had memories with Doyeon with. I took a stop to look at the ring, still shiny and new despite of its purchase eight years ago. I pictured out us, married. But with the recent situation, it's almost impossible.

A ring disrupted my thoughts. I put the contents back inside, placed the box back into the closer and answered my call.

"Sohye? You called?"

"Yoojung, remember the meeting I talked you about?" She asked.

"Yes. Why?" I asked.

"Chungha is Doyeon's legal guardian. Doyeon decided it herself." Sohye answered.

I was shocked. I could've sworn Sohye would be responsible for Doyeon. But why Chungha?

"Really? Well, if Doyeon said that, then we should respect of her decision."

No. I refuse. How am I going to get closer to Doyeon this time?

"But Yoojung, what about you? You know Chungha the queen of dickheads in our family." Sohye insulted and I chuckled.

"Don't mind about me." I said. "You've been by my back, Sohye. But it's about time I face Chungha and Sejeong myself. Don't worry. I'll be fine."

"Yoojung..."

"Okay, Sohye. See ya." I said, hanging up.

I sighed, going to my bed to get some rest. With the news, I try to understand but I'm worried if I won't be in touch with Doyeon again.

***

It was another day and another start. I was around the house, alone at the moment. Chungha went to Busan for a job fair, Sejeong was off to work at her new job, and Sohye was busy with a business meeting at Singapore. I wonder what to do today...

"Doyeon?" I heard that call and there was Mina.

"Mina~" I went to hug her. "What brings you here?"

"Sohye told me I should watch over you until Yoojung comes here." Mina said.

"Wait, is Yoodaeng coming?" I asked excitedtly.

"Yes, she will. She still has a business meeting but she'll catch up." Mina said and sat next to me in the bed.

I nodded and got my notebook, writing something. I glimpsed at Mina looking and I plastered a smile. "It's my to-do list in life."

"I see you've crossed everything. Why don't you write new ones, especially goals for yourself?" Mina said.

"If I were to write new ones, it would be for my family. If I write for myself, I only have one thing I would wish for..." I said, writing it down.

I showed it to Mina and she adored me with her crescent smiles. "That's sweet of you, Doyeon."

Another call came later and Mina went outside. As she came back with the person, I went to tackle her for hug. "Yoodaeng~"

"Hi, Dodojjyu~" She said back.

"Get ready, Doyeon. I think Yoojung's taking you out." Mina said. "And I'll be your third wheel in the distance."

"What?" Yoojung laughed.

"Of course I need to watch Doyeon. My Sohye said so..." Mina said, crossing her arms.

Yoojung could only nod. I chuckled. I let Yoojung and Mina wait by the living room so that I can change.

I thought of what I wrote on that notebook as I showed it to Mina. I'm planning to let her see this...and I hope it would come true...

***

Doyeon and I had our date again and we were at the park, sitting on a bench. I got her flowers by the side and sat close to her. I chuckled of Doyeon's adorableness and I wondered of the notebook she carried around.

"What's that, Doyeon?" I asked.

"My notebook. It's almost like a diary. I wrote what I want to remember, even my little goals in life. Here..." She lets me see.

I adored it. As I skim every page, I smiled. I was happy Doyeon still had that love that made her so special and deserving for love in return. I saw her goals and all of them were crossed.

"Dodojjyu, it's all accomplished." I said.

"Yes. But flip again." She said. "There's still one more."

I nodded. I flipped the page and it was empty. I flipped again and I stopped. It wrote:

-Get married with Yoodaeng-

I gasped. I look at Doyeon and she just smiled. I felt her cup my face and I grinned.

"You told me before that I should at least care for myself. I didn't understand you back then. Now I do." I felt my tears falling as she wipes them away. "I have dreams, Yoojung...and you've always been part of them, just like we promised each other."

I sob silently. But no, I wasn't sad. I was too overwhelmed. I was so happy for this. I felt Doyeon cup my face again as she makes me look at her.

"I won't delay much further. Like you aid at the restaurant, we shouldn't twist mind's because we're not kids anymore. So..." She spoke as she held my hands. "...will you marry me?"

I was silent. I guess Doyeon noticed that and she nudged me back to reality.

"Yah..." I sniffled. "...I waited for so long so how am I going to reject that?"

I went to scoot my hands in my pocket for that ring. I cussed. I left it at home. "Ah, man~ I forgot the ring at home! I've been waiting for this! I even practiced!" I whined and Doyeon laughed. "Yah, Kim Doyeon, why did you have to say all of a sudden?!"

This won't do. I went the bouquet, cut some ribbon, and tied it until it became a sturdy loop. I put it in Doyeon's finger and I kissed her hand, all hyped up because I've finally got what I wished for.

I saw Doyeon chuckling at me adoringly and I felt her hands into my face. And then, reality struck as I face her. "Your sisters..."

"I haven't told them yet but now's not the right time." Doyeon said.

"Okay." I nodded. "I'll tell them."

"But what if Chungha and Sejeong will kick your again?" She asked.

"Oh, I'll be ready. I'm strong." I showed off, although I look ridiculous.

"Yoodaeng..." She began. "Both of us will tell them..."

I couldn't agree more. I reached to kiss her. We shared that sweet kiss and we hugged. I looked up to the sky and I was grateful to finally have this wish into reality.

Her sisters would hinder us but I stood strong this time...for us...

***

My sisters and I were eating lunch in which Sejeong and Chungha cooked. As we ate, I asked something. "I'll be cooking for dinner and add some deliveries. So what do you guys want?"

"What's the occasion, Doyeon?" Sejeong asked.

"Let it go." Chungha whispered. "Anyways, I'd like some beef stew, Doyeonnie."

"Can we have some pizza and veggies?" Sohye asked and I nodded.

"Aigoo, you and your deep pit for a stomach, Sohye." Sejeong spoke and we chuckled. "If you're up for that, I'll want some pork cutlet and ddeokbokki, also hotteok!"

We wooed of Sejeong's choice of foods. I could only nod. "Okay, we'll have the special dinner tomorrow since it's the weekends."

"Okay, Doyeon." Sejeong nodded.

"I'm so happy we're complete today!" Chungha grinned.

"Omg-congratulations to us." Sohye grinned. "Why don't we take a selfie?"

We nodded and Sohye got her camera ready. "Okay, 1, 2, 3..."

*click*

We looked at the pic and I loved it. I then requested Sejeong to sing a love song. She got her guitar and played a song in which I loved as it reminded me of Yoojung and I.

From the time we met to the time we confessed of marriage, I loved and cherished all those memories. And with the occasion, it would be the time that they should know. the oppositions. I'm going to be honest and I will root to them that I love Yoojung and I want to marry her.

A call disrupted my field of thought and I went to answer it. "Hello?"

"Hi, Doyeon. How are you today?" She spoke.

"I'm good, Yoojung. You called?" I spoke back.

"I just want to check how you've been today. I worry, you know." She said.

I giggled. "I'm fine, Yoojung..." I huffed. "Yoodaeng."

"Yes, Dodojjyu?" Yoojung asked.

"I conducted a family dinner tomorrow. We'll tell them at that time." I answered.

"Okay." Yoojung spoke.

"Okay." I said. "I love you."

"I love you too, Doyeon."

I hung up. I heard the weary voice of Yoojung. She's just as in doubt as I am because our confession will change everything in my family...our family...

But there's no turning back now...

***

I was done with a meeting. Chaeyeon and I decided to get some lunch when I got a call from an unknown number. Nonetheless, I answered. "Choi Yoojung, speaking."

-Yoojung, it's Chungha. I got your number from Sohye. I hope you don't mind.-

I gasped of this. But then, I regain composure. "Not at all. What made you call?"

-You owe us an explanation of something. I'm with Sejeong and Sohye here at your company. Meet us. Now.-

The call ended. I froze. Did Doyeon tell them of was she forced to spit it out?

"Yoojung, what's wrong?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Book the conference room by the lobby. I'm meeting some people today." I instructed.

Chaeyeon nodded and both of got down towards the lobby. Chaeyeon went to the information area for the booking and I was met with the Kim sisters, excluding Doyeon.

"What brings you three here?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Yoojung..." Sohye spoke. "...but we overheard your call with Doyeon about marriage..."

My eyes dilated. Nonetheless, I calmed. "I did call with Doyeon but I didn't mention anything about marriage."

"But we overheard her mumbling about it." Sejeong hissed.

I gulped. Chungha faced me. "Explain yourself to us about this."

I nodded and I led them towards the conference room. As they sat down, I got to mine and faced them again. I wasn't the pressured Choi Yoojung back at the restaurant. I need to be strong for Doyeon and I and for this marriage to work.

"You heard, huh?" I began. "Doyeon and I would've told you three during the family dinner tomorrow. I kept my mouth shut for Doyeon's sake and I reckon that as her sisters, you'd be against it. But for her sake, keep your mouths shut as much as I'm doing."

"I would reckon too, that you told Sohye but she doesn't know..." Chungha said.

Sohye lowered her head. I had my hunch but I need Sohye's confirmation. Chungha and Sejeong look at her too.

"Or you do know?" Chungha spat.

"I wouldn't say I didn't know. Mina babbled it to me before. I thought it was a joke but...hearing Doyeon, I guess I got my confirmation." Sohye defended herself. "Please...don't get mad, Chungha. I swear to my grave I didn't know..."

I understood Sohye. I couldn't even stand the fact that Sejeong and Chungha could look down at their dongsaeng.

"You had your bunches and didn't tell Sejeong and I? What happened to family, Sohye? We're supposed to be there for each other and us three should be there for Doyeon. Where's your decency, Sohye? I'm the elder sister. I deserve respect. I deserve to know and you do this?" Chungha batted.

I could only listen. But then, Chungha looks intently at me. I saw a look of sympathy. And for me, I'd be disappointed at myself because I lost my empathy towards Chungha.

"Chungha, Sohye would never tell you. I wouldn't tell you, either, because you'd be against it and it would cause another argument in which Doyeon wouldn't like." I said.

"You're right..." Chungha cried. "You know what? I gave in for your sake and Doyeon's. It would have been at least acceptable for me that you'd date but marriage?!" She stood and grew mad. "You had to waltz in and propose to her, is that it?!"

"I didn't do the proposal, Chungha. Doyeon did." I said and she froze. "Ask Mina, ask Doyeon, even Chaeyeon. And for Doyeon's sake, please don't be against it..." I sighed. "...because it's only thing Doyeon wishes for herself so she can be happy."

"You shouldn't have done anything! I warned you when we had our talk at the cafe', Yoojung!! In fact, I forbidded you!" Chungha yelled.

"I know! But think of your sister's happiness! Think of how Doyeon would feel if you take that happiness away from her!!" I stood and yelled back.

"Yah, Choi Yoojung!!" Sejeong stood up and clenched my collar. "You gone far enough! You have no right to yell at my sister!"

"Chungha!" Sohye yelled and we look at her. "Is this true?!!"

All of us sat down again. Sohye looked so mad at Chungha. Sejeong wondered of this. And Chungha looked down.

This was madness. Doyeon can't find out about this. She just can't.

***

I called Chaeyeon of Yoojung's whereabout at the company that I decided to go there. I got to the lobby, seeing Yoojung's silhouette by the conference room. I excitedtly went there when I stopped, seeing my sisters inside too.

I gulped. It's no talk. It was an argument. I hid by the side and didn't have a choice but to eavesdrop.

"Yah, Chungha!" I heard Sohye bat. "You talkd about decency and here you are, admitting the fact that you forced Yoojung not to propose to Doyeon!!"

I gasped. I put a hand by my mouth. It can't be. Chungha would never do that to me...

"I admit!" I heard Chungha. "I forbidded Yoojung to propose to Doyeon!! You know why?! I had my reasons. I forced Yoojung to move away but she kept drawing closer!! And listen, Yoojung..."

I cried. I can't believe this! How could Chungha betray me?

"...you better convince Doyeon off of that marriage because I'd never accept you in this family!!"

My world fell on my feet. I could only sob and run out of the building.

I got a taxi and headed back home. I walked around, feeling my mind had gone disoriented because of what happened. It was driving me crazy. I could only sob.

I pictured everything that has happened between us. There were wonderful memories, but mostly painful ones. As I process everything, I realized.

I won't be happy. My family won't be happy...never again...

I felt a bang on my head and it was painful. I tried getting up but I didn't. It was useless. My mind's all hazy and I was sweating bullets. I even saw blood by my hands, coming from my nose. My vision was all blurry and the next thing I know I was lost to consciousness.

I heard Mina screaming and I felt her nudging me. I even heard her say a name...

"Yoojung!!! It's Doyeon!!! Something's wrong!!!"

Yoojung...

*sniff*...Yoodaeng...

***

I was frantic as I got that call from Mina. I rushed to the hospital where she was and I gasped of what happened. She was on bed. Her nose bled. Mina was by her side as she cried.

"What happened?!" I asked.

"I came to visit when I saw her faint. I had to call you and Sohye!!" Mina cried.

I saw Doctor Ho with a nurse and mended Doyeon. Chungha, Sejeong, and Sohye came afterwards and Sohye asked Mina of what happened.

"What happened?!" Chungha asked angrily.

"Chungha, calm down. Doyeon fainted. If Mina didn't call and visit, we wouldn't know about this!" Sohye stopped her from raging.

"Doc, how's Doyeon?" I asked.

"She's in a state of internal shock. She lost some amount of blood through a bleeding nose. With the sudden symptoms, it may have attributed with her Alzheimer's. For now, we'll give medications before performing certain tests."

"Okay,doc. Do EVERYTHING you need for her to feel better. Medications, tests, anything! If there's financial basis for her medicines, I'll take care of everything!" I said.

Chungha cried and went closer. Her other sisters gathered around her, crying. Mina and I were at the other side as Doyeon's eyes opened. I was relieved she wake up.

But then, she threw a mantra of tantrums. She was moving her long arms and she was scooting us off. Her sisters tried to calm her down but it didn't work. Doctor Ho and the nurse restrain her but she kept on moving.

"Move!" Mina yelled and went to pat Doyeon's thighs. "Doyeon, Doyeon...Doyeon..."

"Yoojung... Yoodaeng!!" She yelled.

"Yoojung." Mina pulls me so that I was next to her.

"Shhh... Dodojjyu...don't be scared. I'm here, I'm here..." I said, holding her arms off of her face.

Mina joined in comforting and Doyeon managed to calm down, just as Doctor Ho placed a mask on her face and an IV drip was pinned.

"For her sisters, you need to vacate the room. Don't worry. We'll do everything we can for your sister."

Chungha and Sejeong didn't want to leave Doyeon's side but Sohye pulled them out. Mina joined them. I let go but Doyeon held my arm tight. I stayed by her side.

"Miss Choi, we might have to put anaesthetic on the patient." She said.

I let her. I kept calming Doyeon down until she drifts off. I let go and I thanked Doctor Ho before joining the others to wait.

I could only sit down and stay on my spot that night, hoping, praying, that somehow, Doyeon will be okay.

***

I woke up, gasping that I was in the hospital. I saw Sejeong and Chungha asleep on the couch and I felt a mask on my face and an IV drip by my hand. I huffed and got rid of the mask.

"Doyeon!" Mina, Sohye, and Yoojung got inside.

"What are you doing?" Mina huffed and puts the mask back on.

The call made Sejeong and Chungha get up as they gather around me. I saw Yoojung and I reached to hug her and I kiss her cheek.

"What are we doing here? What am I doing here?" I asked.

"Doyeon, we'll talk later. You need to rest," said Chungha.

"No. I want to go home." I pouted and got up.

"No, no, no..." Yoojung stops me.

"But I want to go home! I don't want to stay here!" I yelled.

"Not yet, Doyeon." Yoojung faced me. "Doctor Ho needs to check on you for three days. You need to wait."

I whined. Yoojung sighs and persuaded me a couple of times. When she said, she'll be here everyday, I became obedient and stayed put. She went off to get something and I faced my sisters.

"We'll be here too, Doyeon. All of us," said Chungha.

That made my obedience merrier. As as far as I've seen, I'm glad Yoojung and Chungha and Sejeong aren't raging at her.

It's nice to see them getting along. But I wonder...how did I get here?

***

Taking care of Doyeon would've been a privilege I want to have but I understood and gave way for her sisters to take priority and mostly take care of her. But then, I get to be by her side when she sleeps because Doyeon couldn't sleep without me.

All of us had our part to take care of Doyeon until her recovery. For now, Mina she to go back since Sohye said she needed to rest. I was left with the sisters so I decided to say outside for tonight and let them have their family time.

The chairs weren't for sleeping but I just sat, crossed my arms and rested. Sejeong would go in and out for errands but we just exchanged bows. I went back to sleep again when I heard Chungha call. I turn to look at her.

"Yes, Chungha? Is there anything I can help with?" I asked.

"No." She said and I nodded. "For now, Yoojung..." She said again and my subconscience sighs in relief. "Yoojung, why don't you go home? It has been a long week for us. You need to rest. We'll take care of Doyeon."

"I want to be here, to guard her, at least." I said. "And she might not get enough sleep if she knows I left. I'll just stay inside until she sleeps and stay here all throughout the night."

"Okay. It's up to you." Chungha mumbled.

I thought I was going to get a taste of it. I went back to slump myself. I smiled of this opportunity.

"Yoojung." I heard Chungha call again and faced her. "Thank you...for handling everything in the hospital...and for Doyeon's safety."

"You're welcome, Chungha." I said.

She bows lightly and went inside. I sighed and decided to turn in.

I was happy. At least I got to stay.

***

I was released from the hospital and now, my sisters and I got back home, even Mina and Yoojung came with us.

I got to rest in my room and they gather around me, concerned as always. I could chuckle of them but as I gazed at Sohye, Sejeong, and Chungha, it hit me.

I recall a time I cried that I heard Chungha by the conference room, I recalled going home crying. I even recalled the time I cried that I won't be happy anymore. My family won't be happy anymore...

I mumbled it all. When I saw them, I feel agitated. I feel Mina comfort me and I try to ease myself.

"Yoojung." She called.

My Yoodaeng came closer and comforted me. I look at her. I feel at ease, I felt calm, and I felt happy.

"Mina, we'll be outside. You and Yoojung take care of her." Sohye spoke.

I got agitated again just by looking at her. Mina and Yoojung calm me down until I was at ease.

All day, I was at my room. Mina and Yoojung kept me company. My sisters would come inside but I felt agitated all the time. Mina had to go home and I was the left with Yoojung. I was so happy for this.

"Okay, Doyeon. Time for bed." Yoojung said, tucking me.

"You're not leaving, right?" I pouted.

"I won't. Don't worry. Chungha said so." She answered.

I smiled and lay down. Yoojung got a chair and sat down. I pouted at her and patted my bed. "Sleep with me."

"I can't, Doyeon. Chungha might get mad." Yoojung reasoned.

"Please~?" I pouted again. "I can't sleep without you by my side."

"I'll just sit next to you on the bed, okay?" Yoojung said.

It was enough. I hugged her waist, resting my head by her side. "Thank you for being always there for me."

"You're welcome." Yoojung said, patting my head.

"I love you...so, so much..." I mumbled.

"I love you too, Doyeon." She said.

I felt her pats and I calmed. I still hugged her and I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

***

Morning came and I jolted up. I gulped. I saw Chungha asleep but no sight of Doyeon. I got up and searched the room and looked for Doyeon but she wasn't there.

"Yoojung?" Chungha called as she was up. "Where's Doyeon?"

We both went out to search for her. Sejeong and Sohye came out of their rooms and wondered of us.

"Have you seen Doyeon?" Chungha asked them.

A scream disturbed us. It was Doyeon.

We rushed to the living room and saw Doyeon, slamming her fists on the wall. Her sisters went to stop her but Doyeon pushed them away.

"You ruined everything!!" Doyeon yelled. "Why did you stop Yoojung from marrying me?!!"

Sohye went to stop her fists as Sejeong and Chungha went to calm her. I was frozen.

How did Doyeon know that?

"Yoojung!" Sohye called.

I was out of my daze and went to them to calm Doyeon down.

"Doyeon...shhh..." I hugged her tight.

"Yoodaeng...our wedding..." Doyeon continued to mumble.

"No, no, no....our wedding's fine...it's fine, it's fine..." I continued comforting.

I saw Doyeon looking at me with pitiful eyes. She looked at the side and her eyes raged. I stopped her. "Doyeon-"

"You lied to me, Chungha!!" She yelled. "You three had to lie to me!! Why did you eavesdrop on my call with Yoojung?! Why did you meet with her at that conference room?! Why do you want to stop our marriage?!"

The three gasped like me. I didn't how Doyeon knew but I need to stop her from flipping out.

"Doyeon..." Chungha cried. "It's not what it looks like..."

"Why do you stop me from marrying Yoojung?! Why do you always fight each other?!!" She cried, pointing at Chungha. "Our sisterhood is ruined, everything is ruined because of you!!"

"Doyeon, no, it's okay...I-"

Doyeon scoots away. She held my shirt tight. Doyeon cried as much as all of us.

"You lied to me. You didn't tell me the ing truth!" Doyeon yelled.

"D-Doyeon...we just don't want to hurt you-"

"Don't touch me!" Doyeon shoved Sejeong's arm off. "Don't come near me!"

Sohye wanted to go near but Doyeon scooted away. I hushed her to calm her down and she faces me. I sighed and caress her hair in place and cupped her cheeks.

"They lied to me, Yoodaeng...and they fight...they even hurt you..." Doyeon cried.

I hugged her tight, trying to calm her down. Doyeon kept on babbling and I just comfort her. I saw the crying looks of her sisters' face and I empathize them. I even felt my own tears drop.

"Sohye..." I spoke. "...call Mina to go to the the hospital."

Sohye nodded and went to get her phone. "Chungha, call Doctor Ho and schedule an appointment."

Chungha nodded and also went to get her phone. "Sejeong, help me with Doyeon to the car."

Sejeong nodded and we guide Doyeon to the car. With this incident, she might need therapy and some tests again...

***

I woke up with a sight of Mina and Sohye. I looked around and I saw myself at the hospital, even Doctor Ho was there.

"Sohye, Mina, did I..." I began.

"Aigoo, that doesn't matter." Mina said.

"What matters is you're well." Sohye grinned.

"Where's Yoojung?" I asked.

Mina and Sohye made way and Yoojung was at the door.

I reach for her and she went to hug me. I was happy she's here.

"Hey..." She faced me. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay." I smiled.

"She's always okay when you're around, Miss Choi, also Miss Kang and Miss Sohye here." Doctor Ho smiled. "Miss Choi's presence eases Miss Doyeon here and it's essential with our tests."

"Thanks, doc." Yoojung smiled.

"Miss Kang, will you Miss Doyeon to the new test we conducted?" Doctor Hi asked her.

"Of course, doc." Mina grinned. "Come on, Doyeon."

I held her hand and followed her. But seeing Yoojung stand still, I grabbed her hand. I want her to come too.

"Only one person, Doyeon." Sohye said. "Yoojung here needs to go to work again."

"Come back immediately." I said.

"I will." Yoojung smiled.

I let Yoojung's hand go. I even saw Mina kiss Sohye's cheek and the both of them left the hospital. Mina and I followed the doctors outside towards a Zen garden.

Mina and I walked around, playing like little kids, and doing breathing exercises.

"Alright~ just like that, Doyeon. Do those breathing exercises even when I'm not around." Mina said.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To the pharmacy. I need to buy iron tablets for you for your anemia." Mina said. "You bleed your nose frequently due to tantrums."

"Just like when I found Chungha's lie?" I asked.

"Doyeon..." She pats my back. "...I don't know much of what happened and I'm not sure of what Yoojung and Sohye told me but the only thing you need to know is that Chungha did that for your sake. Also, she and Sejeong bear a grudge against Yoojung and I because of the fact that we were boatwomen and a boatwoman killed your parents. Third, she and Yeonjung made an agreement that you'd be away from Yoojung forever."

"But why is that, Mina? Is it because of me?" I cried. "It's my fault, right?"

"It's not, Doyeon." Mina hugged me.

I hug her back. Dealing with such madness is so infuriating but I'm relieved when Mina's here, even Yoojung.

I just want Chungha and Sejeong to see that they care for me.

***

After Doyeon's therapy, I came back to the Kim household with her and Mina and kept Doyeon company all the time, just to calm her down and that she'd sleep.

I would be staying beside her. But tonight, I decide to let her sisters be with their dongsaeng. As Doyeon fell asleep, I went down and sat with Chungha, Sejeong, and Sohye.

"Yah, Yoojung...thanks for everything." Sohye said.

"No problem, Sohye." I said. "I would be staying but I also need to go home. Now, Doyeon wouldn't get much of tantrums. Sohye's here and Doyeon actually calms when Sohye's here. And I won't be needed in this home so I need to go. Sohye, take care of Doyeon."

"Sure, Yoojung." Sohye nodded.

"See you, guys." I waved goodbye.

"Yoojung!" Chungha called and I stopped. "Have some coffee first. We need to talk."

Sejeong got up to make some as I sat on the living room with Sohye and Chungha. I wondered what we will discuss as Sejeong came with four cups of coffee. I thanked them and drank.

"Yoojung..." Chungha began. "...it would be better if Doyeon stayed with you at your place."

"Chungha!" Sejeong batted.

"Sejeong. It's the only way to help Doyeon. Only Mina, Sohye, and Yoojung can calm her down." Chungha said. "Also, Yoojung is the only one who can ease her memories."

I gasped of what she said. I never thought Chungha could say that. But also, it doesn't mean we're in good terms. Doyeon is the concern here so I cannot assume.

"Chungha, no." I said and she wondered why. "Doyeon does not only rely on me. She relies in all of us. Her memories here are also important. She can't just have a memory of me and Mina. She also needs the three of you." I said. "All of us are a part of Doyeon's life, especially you three...because you four are family."

The three of them gave their looks of apology. I could only nod lightly. "If you want it that way, I plan to take Doyeon back to Jeju. She also had memories there." I grinned. "And you three are coming with us."

Chungha and Sejeong gasped. Sohye gleamed.

"Really? Can Mina come?" Sohye asked.

"Sohye, watch your manners." Chungha sighed.

"Yoojung...you're doing this, after all that has happened..." Sejeong spoke.

"Sejeong." I spoke. "If you and Chungha can't forgive me yet, it's okay. I can wait and even if you won't, it's okay too. You three are important people in Doyeon's life as much as Mina and I are. All of us are going with her. So...will it be fine with you three?"

Sohye said yes. Chungha and Sejeong nodded when we heard Doyeon scream. The four of us went to her room, seeing her in a panic attack.

I went to comfort her. Her sisters followed and Doyeon calmed down. Her sisters went out to get some sleep as I stayed to comfort Doyeon until she falls asleep again.

Sure it was nice that I got to cease the grudge between the sisters and I but I couldn't celebrate the little victory because Doyeon needs us. She needs me.

I'll be facing this a lot of times but I'll stay with her, whatever the cost.

***

I couldn't remember what happened between my sisters and Yoojung but I love it seeing them at peace. And when Yoojung talked about a time in Jeju, I couldn't be so happy.

My sisters, Yoojung, Mina, and I were back in the island again. We got to a new place Yoojung bought for all of us. It was a villa and it was huge. We had our own rooms and even had a wonderful time doing stuff together.

We had lunch Sejeong and Mina cooked and we had wonderful time with each other's company.

"Doyeon-ah, do you like the villa?" Sohye asked.

"Of course, Sohye. It's fresh and it's huge." I said. "You're all staying here?"

"Of course, Doyeon. Despite of our jobs back at Seoul, Sejeong and I will stay here." Chungha said.

"Me too, Doyeon. The company won't be calling me for a while." Sohye chuckled.

"Me three." Mina added.

"Doyeon, will it really be okay with you?" Yoojung asked me.

"Yes, Yoojung." I nodded. "Even though you and my sisters had this feud, you're trying to get along. I just pray you won't rampage like animals again."

They were all silenced, with Mina munching some greens. Sejeong sighed and apologized for all of them.

"What am I to do? I can't control your emotions. But...I want a request from all of you, especially to Chungha and Sejeong." I said. "Don't argue. Make peace and everything...and continue to make peace, especially when I will forget, worst case scenario, before I die."

"Doyeon, don't say that." Chungha said.

"Doyeon, don't say that. I know you're being frank but it's still a long time before we get there. For now, please...don't say that you're going to...pass on..." Yoojung said as everyone nodded.

"In our case, don't worry of the arguments. We're ceasing them. I'm going to make sure no feud will happen again." Sohye said.

"Another one, Sohye." I said. "When will you and Mina give me a niece or nephew?"

"What?" Sohye stopped and we all laughed. "Why me and Mina? Sejeong and Chungha are older! Plus we're not yet married!"

"But you're the one in a relationship." Chungha said.

"And we will be married...soon." Mina winked at Sohye.

"Then you and Yoojung." Sohye smirked at me.

Yoojung and I almost spat our food but we swallowed and laughed again. We continued eating happily.

I wish it was like this everyday...

***

Our lives started anew here in Jeju and we lived together for Doyeon.

With the passing days come greater challenges for all of us. Doyeon's losing memory bit by bit, forgetting the littlest of things like the time she proposed to me to a time she forgot to rinse her hair. Chungha took care of Doyeon's hair problem and Sohye and Mina couldn't help their shock that Doyeon forgot a special event of her and me. For me, I understand. It was a part of reality after all.

Today, Doyeon and I strolled around the garden. We held hands and had our talks. I couldn't even hold my adoration towards her as she picks up bottle caps. I caught up to her and led her towards the gazebo so that we can sit.

"Yoodaeng." She called. "I'm so happy here."

"And I'm happy when you're happy." I said back.

I saw Doyeon look at her caps like a kid and then she threw them. She even got rid of her bracelet and I went to get it and put it back on. As I did, I saw Doyeon dazed, like she was having a memory awakening.

"Where's the ribbon here?" She points at her ring finger, which her ring from me before.

I gasped. She...she remembered that day once again. I couldn't be happier that I grabbed that hand and kissed it.

"Yoodaeng, we're getting married~~" Doyeon squealed as she hugged me.

I smiled and hugged her back. She says it many times and my smiles grew wider. We broke from the hug and looked at each other.

"But wait." She began. "Why didn't it continue? Why didn't you remind me of this? What happened, Yoodaeng?"

It hit me. I never thought she could remember that incident where she fainted and maybe the talk I had with her sisters at the company. But now, I can't let that thought worry her.

"Dodojjyu, a lot has happened. I don't even know where to start." I said.

"I'll listen..." She said, cupping my cheek. "Tell me. There are these memories I know but I don't understand so please...tell me..."

Should I?

"Doyeon...you fainted one time..." I said. "But let's not think about that, okay? What matters is now. You're happy."

I couldn't say it all. Doyeon can't have the tragic memory in her head. I cup her face but she moved away. And that's where I realize my mistake...

"Doyeon-"

"No!" She moved away. "You didn't tell me of this?"

"Doyeon, please-"

"You're just like Chungha." She said.

Oh no. This can't be happening...

"Doyeon-ah-"

She pushed herself away and ran back inside. I sighed but I couldn't do anything but catch up.

"Dodojjyu, wait!!"

***

With the lingering thought of Chungha's grudge and mistake, I had to know it all. I saw Chungha with Sohye and Mina when I faced them.

"Doyeon, what's wrong?" Mina came to comfort me.

"Mina, Sohye, I need to talk to Chungha alone." I said to them.

They excused us. I sighed and faced Chungha. "What is your problem, Chungha? Why did you stop my marriage with Yoojung? Is it because of Yeonjung? Is it because Yoojung looked like some boatwoman that killed our parents? Or is it you won't forgive me and my interactions with Yoojung before?"

Chungha didn't do anything but lower her head and sniffle. But I had no time for sympathy. I need to know now. "Answer me, Chungha! Answer me, unnie!!"

"Yes, Doyeon! Yes, those are the reasons!!" Chungha confessed. "How do you expect for me to just accept Yoojung, after all the pain she has brought to us sisters? It's not easy, Doyeon-ah!" She cried. "But you see I'm trying, right? I didn't drive Yoojung away this time! It's fine by me that she's with you but do I have to see you two being wed?"

"Unnie...I loved Yoojung for almost a decade. God knows I love her..." I cried too.

"I know, Doyeon. That's why I don't drive her away from you...but please...Don't marry her. Don't replace Yeonjung...." She begged.

"I always have to choose your decisions, is that it?!" I batted. "But what is there to discuss about this? What's there to change, huh?" I sniffled. "I love Yoojung so much. But as my eldest member of my family, I can't once I got your approval and that would always be the case. But it will be different. I WILL marry Yoojung whether you like it or not."

I stormed off and Mina catches up to me. I saw Yoojung coming inside but Sohye stops her. Well, Yoojung can't see me like this plus I got mad at her so I was feeling a little guilty. I was thankful for Sohye to do that for her.

Mina and I were in my room as I calm myself from this tension.

"Wow, you stood up to Chungha. You finally stood up for Yoojung." Mina said.

"I had to, Mina. I can't just let Yoojung deal with their . And I owe her one for getting mad at her." I said.

"I know. But that's Yoojung, Doyeon. She cares a lot, especially to you. In the sisters' case, they have big heads. I even get mad at Sohye for being too submissive against them. She would've stood for you since she's older." Mina huffed. "But anyways, don't let it get too much on your head." She said and I could only nod.

***

After that confrontation with Chungha, Doyeon didn't pay attention to them. I respect that but sometimes I tend to tell her that there should not be any tension between them. They're sisters after all. And for me, I could almost gag because Doyeon in a tension between her sisters, not me against them, like the tables have turned.

Because of that, Doyeon would talk behind their backs about their actions, mostly aimed at Chungha and Sejeong, with a little bit of to Sohye. I didn't say anything and let Doyeon release everything rather than keeping it to herself. And speaking of marriage, I didn't rush of it. I would've thought I took concern of their sisterhood rather than our relationship and it was true, making me toss aside the marriage for a while and just concern of Doyeon and I together.

In the garden, we were planting roses, her favorite flower. I help Doyeon with bunches as she got one.

"I want red roses on our wedding." She said. "Yoojung, shouldn't we continue with it?"

"What about your sisters?" I asked.

"Yoojung, my condition is heading towards the worst of paths and I can't deal with them anymore." She said.

I nodded. Doyeon stopped working and faced me, holding my hands.

"Yoodaeng, help me with this predicament. I need you." She got rid of the glove and cupped my cheek. "Let's get married."

Anything... I'd do anything for Doyeon.

"Okay. I'll help you." I said. "We're getting married."

She gave me a kiss and hugged me tight. I couldn't help but hug her back. I even saw Mina do a heart sign with Sohye. Doyeon and I faced them and motioned them to come closer.

"What is it, lovebirds?" Mina asked.

"Do you have anything else to do afterwards?" Doyeon asked.

"No." They said.

"Help us make dinner. The special dinner will be tonight~!!"

***

Us, the couples, had a plan to make dinner and for that special dinner to happen. And we're making it super special.

Sohye told Mina and the rest for dress well. I even told Yoojung to call Chaeyeon so that she could come. After all the preparations and Chaeyeon's arrival, we had our dinner. We had a wonderful time and ate delicious food. And when the dinner calmed, I held Yoojung's hand so that we can tell them.

"Everyone, may I have your attention, please?" I spoke and everyone listened. "Yoojung and I have something to say."

I grinned at Yoojung and she stuttered. I giggled and eased her by holding her hand tenderly. She breathed and began.

"We're getting married. Doyeon and I are getting married."

Everyone gasped. I was fine with Mina, Sohye, and Chaeyeon. It's my older sisters I'm worried about, especially Chungha. I spoke.

"Anyways, what Yoojung said was true. With all that has happened, I had fulfilled most of my dreams and my condition's worsening. Most of you wanted me to dream for myself and this is my only dream: To marry the love of my life, Yoojung."

"You have my blessings," said Chaeyeon. "Also, I'll make you look beautiful in a wedding dress, Doyeon."

"I'll be Yoojung's personal stylist. I'll make her look cute." Mina added. "And you always have my blessings."

"This has always been your dream and happiness, Doyeon." Sohye began. "It came and go and I had to feign ignorance. But now, I want that dream for you, Doyeon. I want that to happen." She clanked her glass on Mina's. "You have my full blessings and I'll give you a grand wedding."

Chaeyeon and Mina cheered. I was so happy for them, especially to my Sohye-unnie. For Sejeong and Chungha, they were silent. I sighed. It would be final but...it would be ecstatic if they pass on their blessings on our marriage.

Sejeong sighed and excused herself. For Chungha, I gasped of what she said.

"Yoojung, we need to talk."

The three just kept quiet and ate. For Yoojung, she nodded and got up when I stopped her. I can't just let her talk with Chungha. What if she'll get hurt again?

"It's just a talk, Doyeon." She pats my back. "We'll be back as soon as possible."

I hug Yoojung tight and watch her go with Chungha somewhere. I face the remaining three as they grew worried.

"Do you think it'll be fine?" Chaeyeon asked.

"I'm worried for the both of them, especially Yoojung." Mina reacted like I was.

"It'll be fine." Sohye said. "I may know Yoojung later than you three but she had faced a lot of obscurity. She can handle Chungha this time."

I was still perplexed of Sohye's word but I pray Yoojung and Chungha will cease everything so that there will be peace in our family.

***

Chungha and I got to the veranda. She offers me a seat and I thought that Chungha would talk about the marriage. With Doyeon's mistreatment towards her and Sejeong, she didn't have much of a choice to talk to me.

"Is there something wrong about what we said earlier, Chungha?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything but sat down as she lets me sit on the other chair, facing each other. She sighed at me and I wait for her to say something. I care less of what she'll say. She needs to let it loose.

"It's been a long time." Chungha began. "You know Doyeon's condition has occurred for a long time. We say to ourselves that she's going to get better but she's won't because it'll only go worse."

"Why are you saying this to me, Chungha?" I asked.

Her tears flowed out as she answered. "Because it's not going to be easy living with her, let alone taking care of her. The fatal incident still tolls her brain and with that, Doyeon's condition worsens. She can't trust us, she can't sleep properly, and she hoards and goes all crazy." She holds my hand and I gasped. "You need patience to know what she says and what she wants. She says she can handle it wherein she can't and..."

I sighed in my thoughts as Chungha kept banking. I would've been pissed but I spoke once she finished. "Chungha..." I grip her hand. "...I know those things. Why are you saying this to me now?"

"Because I will decide now, Yoojung. This decision is from me and Sejeong..." Chungha answered. "We decide if we let Doyeon to be married to you..." Hearing that, I empathize and listen. "Doyeon may give us the cold shoulder but I know she dies to have my blessings and Sejeong's and I want to make a right decision because I don't want to let my family down." I nodded lightly. Chungha continues. "And before I decide, I want to know from you."

"What do you want to know from me?" I asked.

"I want to know from you if you can really love Doyeon and if you can really take care of my sister." Chungha said. "In spite of the mistreatment and isolation, I know you'll answer that you can do it, but this is going to be a different situation. What you know is different from what you'll face. Your marriage would not be all cupcakes and rainbows. Doyeon cannot be an ideal wife to you. Will you be able to stand strong and accept all of her, including her disease?" Chungha cried harder. "Will you really be able to marry Doyeon, Yoojung? Because I don't want to see you backing out when the happily ever after of your wedding ends and you leave my sister astray."

I gave it thought. And that's when the whole awakening of this madness, this confusion, and this delusion came to me. I could only smile and look at Chungha.

"I give it to you, Chungha...you really are a loving person. I see the degree of love you show to Doyeon, renounced the bad approaches she sees in you." I smiled at her. "You really do love her."

"It's true..." Chungha sniffled. "Doyeon means a lot to me. I love her more than my life and more than my happiness."

"And everyday, you prove it to her, even if you were against me with your insults and physical pain." I said to her. "Chungha, I also love Doyeon more than my life...and more than my happiness..." I was tearing up too. "And I prove it to her too, renounced the forsaken world of deceit and pain."

"Yoojung..."

"Chungha." I said again. "If you're wondering of my answer, let me tell you this." I huffed. "If I can accept the obscurity in this world, I can also accept the responsibility. I can accept Doyeon, for better or for worse. I can take care of her, together with her disease, her family, even her friends. Now..." I pat her shoulder. "...I only have one answer. It has always been my answer and nothing will change that."

"What's your answer?" Chungha spoke through her cries.

"YES." I said. "I can do it. I can do it and I will do it...because I always love her..."

Talks with Chungha would lead to arguments and she would yell. But it was different. I never thought I'd make her cry. And I saw her look of trust. I could also tear up even more.

"I'm sorry for everything, Yoojung. If I can make it up to you, I say...okay..." She lets herself go. "I trust you with Doyeon now. But if I know you hurt her, I won't hesitate to take her away from you. You have our blessings."

I felt my knees tremble. I sniffled and bowed at Chungha and I cried so hard everyone would hear me now. I was so happy and so grateful. I felt heavenly and I could thank God for giving me all the patience in the world for everything that has happened. "T-Thank you...thank you so much..."

I sobbed. I felt Chungha help me up and she smiled. I wiped my tears and I thanked her again.

"Go." She said. "Tell her."

"Why don't we tell her, Chungha?" I suggested.

Chungha nodded and we went back to the dining room. Chungha called Sejeong by the counter to come and we saw the remaining four. Doyeon went to hug me tight as she had her look of doubt towards Chungha.

"Why are you two crying?" Doyeon asked then she cupped my face. "What happened?"

"Doyeon..." I smiled. "... Chungha and Sejeong gave us their blessings. They trust me now. It's a yes. We can have our wedding. Your dream and our dreams will finally come true!"

***

Was I hearing things? Was Yoojung true with what she was saying? I look at Chungha and Sejeong. With Chungha's nod and smile, I cried and went to hug her. "Thank you, unnie..."

"I love you, my little Doyeon. I want you to be happy..." Chungha cried back and hugged Doyeon tighter.

I broke and went to Sejeong and hugged her. She hugged me tight too. "Unnie, do you accept to?"

"For Chungha and especially for you, of course I accept." Sejeong cried.

I was ecstatic that I hugged my sisters tight, saying my thanks. I felt more arms and I saw Mina, Chaeyeon, and Sohye hug me too. We broke and I looked at smiling Yoojung, running towards her and we kissed.

I heard cheers from them as Yoojung and I broke and hugged each other.

Happiness would've been impossible for me. With all that has happened, I thought I would've been secluded from the things that make me smile and that make me do things that I love. But now, I got that faith back. I got my true happiness with the love of my life, and my family, and my friends.

It felt magical. It was the greatest thing that has happened. It was my greatest love.
---
With all the events came the preparation for the wedding. I was excited, even Doyeon kept mentioning about it. All of us helped with all the preparations and settled the venue and the reception. For now, all of us were in the living room, practicing the march, all in favour of Doyeon’s desire.

Sohye and Chaeyeon took charge of teaching Doyeon and I. Sohye and Chaeyeon mostly prioritized Doyeon since I got the hang of it. I watched the three and I couldn’t hold my smile.

"So this will be the flow. You’ll be standing here and the door will be closed." Sohye began. "You stand in the center, once the doors open-BAM! They’ll see the most beautiful bride to ever step foot in the universe!" She finished and all of us laughed at her statement.

"Will I be walking alone?" Doyeon asked and she looked adorable.

"No. Chungha will be coming with you on this practice and also on the day of the wedding." Sohye said as Chungha was on Doyeon’s side. "You will follow these arrows and stop by that blue square so that you have the spotlight. And then..." Sohye ran towards a spot next to me. "...I’ll be guiding you to Yoojung. I’ll stay here." She said and Doyeon nods.

Doyeon was hesitant to walk but Chungha guided her and they did the walk nicely. All of us clapped, even me.

"Okay. No clapping for you, Yoojung. You need to ready yourself and look presentable." Sohye said and I just nodded. "Okay, Doyeon. Stay there as I go to your spot then you to Yoojung."

"Where’s Yoojung? She should be here for the practice." Doyeon asked.

"Right here, Dodojjyu~" I raised my hand.

"Aigoo...you had to cover her with your height, Sohye-ya." Chaeyeon joked and I reacted while everybody laughed.

"Anyways, I you towards Yoojung and you two will go to the altar together." Sohye said.

"Okay." Doyeon nodded. "Shall we practice again?"

Sohye lets Chungha and Doyeon go back again as Chaeyeon prepared the music. They did the walk again, just like Sohye told her to do so, with Doyeon recalling the steps. I could almost cry in utter joy. Even if it was just a practice, I felt like it was already the real thing.

"So Yoojung escorts me there...and then we say our ‘I dos’."

Sohye cheered and nodded. Everyone nodded. Me? I turned around, trying to bear my tears of joy. Nonetheless, I shrugged that off for a moment and we continued to practice.

***

The big day came. I was with Chungha and Sejeong as Sejeong drove us to the venue of the wedding. I could only look around the car as Chungha made sure I looked good in my wedding dress.

"We’re here." Sejeong said as the car stopped.

Chungha helped me down as Sejeong went to an alternate entrance. Chungha was beside me and I grew nervous. Chungha eases me by holding my hand.

"Doyeonnie." I listened. "You’ll be fine. Unnie will be here."

I nodded. I felt a kiss by my cheek. I look at Chungha and I couldn’t hold my smile at her. "Thanks, unnie."

The doors opened and all applauses and eyes were on the both of us, mostly me. As I walked, I remembered all that has happened, even the practice that we had a few days ago. Not only that, I saw the people that became a part of my life and Yoojung’s. There were my sisters, my best friends, Mina and Chaeyeon, even Hyeyeon, Park Soyeon, Doctor Ho, Yoojung’s friends from her team, her workers, even Yoojung’s friend, Kyulkyung, with her wife Eunwoo and their kids, Siyeon and Kyla.

Seeing Sohye and Sejeong by the side made me at ease as Chungha and I continued to walk. But as I saw Yoojung, looking cute and beautiful, I could cry. All those obscurities we face together became my stand of our beautiful moments, especially a stand on this special day, a day where my dream will finally become a reality.

Sohye joins us and she and Chungha me to Yoojung and seeing my cutie girlfriend, my soon-to-be wife, I almost dazed. Sohye and Chungha shook hands with Yoojung and I face the cutie Yoojung.

"What are we waiting for, Yoodaeng? Let’s get married~" I cheered.

Everyone laughed and applauded again. Yoojung and I faced each other, doing our bows. Then, she holds my hand and we both went to the altar. As we got there, I wonder what’s with the MC in front of us. Yoojung spared me the details while the rites were going on and I nodded, getting the picture.

We did the vows, putting all our love onto every word as we mean every last word. We also got to say our ‘I dos’ and I thought it was done when...

"Now you may say your personal messages towards each other..." The MC spoke.

"Wait, what?" I asked Yoojung.

"We will say our promises for each other, Dodojjyu." Yoojung whispered to me. "Shall I start?"

I nodded. I saw Yoojung hold the mic, coughing lightly, making the people chuckle like me because Yoojung looked adorable.

"Doyeon, I promise you of your dream, of this dream..." Yoojung began. "I’ll be here...always...and you will never be alone..."

I could cry of those short words. I nodded. "Okay, Yoodaeng."

We both shared our chuckles. I turned to the side to see what’s next when I felt Yoojung hold my hand, letting me face her.

"Doyeon-ah, don’t you have something to say for me?" She asked.

I wonder what to say? I got the mic, thinking of what to say when I felt a nudge. I saw Mina and she gave me a piece of paper. I remember now. It was something I wrote for Yoojung, my message for her in which I swore to say on our wedding day.

I got it open and Yoojung aims the mic close to my mouth. I try to speak but the words made it hard to release themselves out. Yoojung gave me a smile of assurance and I try to do it slowly.

"Y-Yoojung...I promise to l-love you…everyday... " I huffed. "Y-Yoodaeng...I... "

"It’s okay, Dodojjyu. I’ll read it for you." Yoojung smiled and I nodded, giving her the paper.

"Yoojung, I promise to love you everyday, to make you laugh when you’re sad, and to cook for you when you get hungry..." She began. "Yoojung, fate was never fair to us. We were separated a couple of times and we faced obscurity almost everyday. But now you’re here, our dreams will come true..." I saw a tear drop from her eye. "...I promise to make it up to you through all of those times of pain, and to make you worthy of me, as much you are worthy to me. I’ll take care of you with my entire mind, with all my heart, and with all my strength... " She cries. "You are my first love...and you will always be my love..." She stops to wipe her tears. "...until the end, I love you...and from now on, we’ll be there for each other..."

I went to hug her and she wrapped me to herself tight. I broke and leaned our foreheads against each other as I close my eyes and feel Yoojung. It really made significance on my life as I finally get to be with the love of my life.

"By the power vested in me, I now announce you as wives."

We shared a kiss and heard applauses. I smiled on the kiss as I now face another short yet happy life with my family, and with Yoodaeng.


After all that has happened, we lived happily in the villa. In my case with Doyeon, all the love I've given grew to an extent. For now, everyone was at the living room while Doyeon and I strolled outside, feeling the cold breeze that soothed us to the touch.

"Yoodaeng, I'm so happy to see all your smiling faces. I wish it was always like that every day." Doyeon said.

"Of course, Doyeon. Now that we’re married, it will always be like that and I won't be leaving your side. I'll be with you, with your family, and with your friends, even if your hair will turn grey."

"Yah. You copied that out of a song!" Doyeon said and we laughed.

"It suits the setting." I said.

We hugged each other. We sat by the benches and due to short height, I just let Doyeon lie on my lap. She loved it and poked my nose with her finger.

"I wish I had good memory like my good old camera...so that I always remember a vision of my loved ones."

"Don't mind about that, Doyeon. If you forget, I'll always remind you." I said.

"Promise?" Doyeon pouted at me.

"I promise." I smiled.

"Will you shoot a video of me?" Doyeon asked.

I nodded and got my phone in my pocket. Doyeon got up and I escorted her by the gazebo for lighting. Doyeon sits down and I was in front of her, aiming at her for her video.

"Ready, Dodojjyu?" I asked and she nodded. "In 5,4,3,2,1...action."

"Hello Chungha, Sejeong, Sohye, Chaeyeon, Mina, and Yoojung~ hello, my loved ones." She waved. "Um...while you're watching this video, this means that I might've forgotten you all already. If the case that certain day will come..." I saw a tear drop on the corner of her left eye. "...I hope I can still let you feel and know that I love you all, or even if I lose a bit of my memories, you're always here..." Doyeon points at her heart. "...because I love you all so much."

I could adore Doyeon at this moment. But remembering her words, I felt a tear or two.

"To my sisters, my friends, Yoodaeng, don't be forgetful. Always remember to love one another, like how I love each of you..." She spoke.

I noticed her in a daze. I didn't disrupt her as Doyeon looked like she was in deep thought. I saw her look at me. I saw her precious eyes as she smiles for the camera again.

"To the love of my life and my wife, Choi Yoojung, live up your memories, especially on our memories together. Live them up through documents, pictures, even this very video. Always remember your memories, Yoodaeng, especially of the ones that I say...that I love you so much..."

I saw Doyeon cry. I couldn't help it, feeling my hands shaking a bit as I was crying too.

"I remember that time when we met. You were so cute and you looked cool as a boatwoman, rowing the giant boat with the strength of a lion compressed in the cutest of forms. And when we had our times at the cliff, when we held hands and kissed, I was so happy of those days. You are the first woman I fell for and you've always been my first and only love..." She spoke and I lowered my head and sniffled, all while I shot the video. "Yoojung, my Yoodaeng..." I look at her slowly. "...if I forget, remind me, okay? You promised me, right?"

She cried harder. I stopped the video and went to comfort her. She tackles me for a big hug and I stood up to hug her back.

Of course I promised her...and I'm sticking to my word and I will always be with her...

***

Time didn't pass quickly as expected. But to me, every second with my loved ones mattered so I made the time worthwhile, especially the best events.

Mina and Sohye were my expectant couple next to me and Yoojung. I watched every plan Sohye made with Yoojung and Chaeyeon and got Mina's 'yes' towards Sohye's proposal. Now, we were expecting another wedding.

Sejeong was like the misunderstood sibling. She still had some time to isolate herself sometimes but she cared and meant well. And seeing her talking to Chaeyeon, I reckoned that time will come that they will be in a relationship this time.

Chungha was another case. She may have moved from the grudge but she was still the protective unnie. Sohye and Sejeong would scold Chungha for being a killjoy but I didn't mind. I had to understand.

Yoojung never left my side. She always told me of everything I need to know. I could've sworn I felt like an empty record and I'm glad Yoojung filled the gaps of my memory loss. I was grateful for her.

Me? I was like I had a body of model but I feel like a 60 year old woman. I was growing weak. But I'm not letting that stop me. Time is precious and I need to make most of it.

Today, Chungha came back from a trip and we're having a vacation in Macau. All of us are coming and I was excited as we got on a boat to Incheon then a plane to Macau. Yoojung got another villa by the coast and we had the time of our lives there. I got to a view, just like the cliffs at Jeju, where Yoojung and I met.

As I look around, I'm seeing blurry white. I was also seeing weird things and faces. I felt a hit by my head again.

"Doyeon?"

I turned around and I saw a mysterious woman. I shook my head s couple of times. "M-Mina?"

"Doyeon-ah, come on. Dinner's ready." She said, hoisting me up.

"Where's Yoodaeng?" I asked, looking around.

"Aigoo, here she is..." Mina escorts me to a table with various people and Yoojung.

Wait, who are these people?

"Dodojjyu." I smiled as Yoojung got me to my seat.

I saw everyone eat and I joined in and Yoojung got my plate full. I saw this gorgeous woman [Chaeyeon] documenting everything and this Ahjussi [Sejeong] sits her back down to eat.

"Thanks for this vacation, Yoojung." Ahjussi said.

"Sohye spent most of it for being a top freelancer on education. She spent EVERYTHING for this." Yoodaeng spoke.

Everyone cheered and I could join in.

"Of course. Not only I did it for us but I also did for my future wife" Wide Grin Girl kissed Crescent Eyed Girl's hand and I wondered why she held mine. "And for my dongsaeng, Doyeon."

Huh? I am her dongsaeng? What's that? And this woman? Who's she?

"Who are you?" I look at the mysterious grinning girl."

"Doyeon, it's Sohye. Your favorite unnie." The crescent girl spoke.

"Sohye?" I asked. "Where's Sohye?"

"Doyeon, I'm right here." Wide Grin Girl pointed to herself. "I'm Sohye."

"Who are you? I don't know you." I said to her.

Seriously, who is this woman facing me?

I heard Yoojung call. I saw this girl with hamster-like cheeks pointing at Wide Grin Girl again, saying she's my favorite unnie.

"No. You're not Sohye." I looked at Wide Grin Girl as I shook my head. "Sohye's at the restaurant, washing the dishes."

She quivered, her tears falling endlessly. I wonder why she was crying but I don't like seeing people cry. I even asked Yoojung but the girl kept on crying. I wipe her tears away and she cried like a cute kid. I went to hug her and I felt her hug me so tight.

And then it hit me...

I look down and wondered why Sohye was crying. I looked around and then stopped at Yoojung. Somehow, I felt my head ache...and then I felt weak.

I heard screams and saw Yoojung helping me up. I couldn't recall anymore and my world darkened.

***

This was a shocking vacation for all of us as we all worry of a lifeless Doyeon on her bed. With the incident of not remembering Sohye, she grew weak and fainted, just like what Doctor Ho said when a patient of Alzheimer's reaches the brink of the severe stage.

It had to go worse. Doyeon hasn't woken up for 24 hours. Her sisters were arguing, Mina and Chaeyeon were pacing around and I stayed by Doyeon's side to comfort her despite of the nagging of Doyeon's sisters.

"I'll go tell Sohye to stop." Mina said and went out.

Chaeyeon came along with her, maybe wanting to calm Sejeong. I could only stay by her side, patting her head, my heart pumping rapidly as I worry if Doyeon's wake.

I felt presences and saw Sejeong playing her guitar. All of them were singing Doyeon's favorite song, like an Acapella band. I saw the Kim sisters whisper apologies to themselves and they San again.

"Dodojjyu..." I whispered. "Wake up~ everyone's here~"

I patted my head and joined them in singing. It lasted for a while until Doyeon scooted closer to the side, making us stop. She kept on moving and I was expectant that she wakes up now. But as her body heaved down and she relaxed, I grew worried like them.

"Doyeon, please wake up..." I spoke as I pat her head. "Wake up, Dodojjyu..."

I could hear their soft cries as they feared Doyeon wouldn't wake up anymore. I shook my head of a sudden passing of Doyeon and continued my call to wake her up, adding a kiss on the forehead.

"Yoodaeng~" I saw her wake up.

"Dodojjyu~" "Doyeon-ah!"

I heard the voices of everyone and I saw everyone. I sat up, greeting them a happy morning.

"Happy morning, Dodojjyu~" Yoojung grinned.

I got up and they all help me out. I got hugs from everybody while my mind was wondering what happened here and why everybody was here in the room. Also, who owns this place?

"You slept for so long, Doyeon. This is our villa." Yoojung said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes. Now why don't we go down for some lunch?" Mina said.

I smiled and nodded. All of us went down, with Yoojung and Chungha helping me out. Although my thoughts were asking too much questions, I shrugged it off and went with them.

***

Doyeon's memory loss was taking a whole toll in our lives and in hers that we do little things to remind her, like doing a 'loved ones' tree with everyone in it. I let Doyeon show it as she looked at it like a tall curious kid.

"Yoojung..." She touched my part of the tree. "... She's the love of my life. She's so special, so caring...but I wonder why she had to be so short."

I reacted as everyone laughed. She proceeds with Mina's part.

"Mina, she's like my best friend. So cute...but she doesn't like me. She didn't want me to be with Yoojung...but she changed and I'm thankful she loved Sohye."

Mina lowered her head and I also remembered us as boatwomen. Sohye pats her back as Doyeon touched Sejeong's part.

"Sejeong...my second oldest unnie. She's musical and gifted with a voice...but she's like a cocky Ahjusshi. She even gambles. I wonder when she'll say her love for Chaeyeon."

We all reacted, even Sejeong scratched her head. Chaeyeon blushed lightly.

"Chaeyeon...She's pretty, quiet in a good way. I wonder why she had to fire Sejeong on her job before...and of their connections. Will she ever see that Sejeong likes her?"

Chaeyeon was damned as Sejeong almost choked. We laughed so hard.

"Don't worry of Sejeong, she's changed, Doyeon," said Chungha.

"Sohye..." She poked at her part of the tree. "She's the third sibling, my favorite unnie. Eommoni would scold her because she emptied the fridge by eating every food inside." She said and we broke into a laughing stock. "She's cute and a good girlfriend to Mina. She said she's the Alpha but Mina's more Alpha-like than her."

"Yah!" Sohye reacted and we all laughed a lot.

"Chungha...the eldest unnie. She became like Eommoni when we lost them. She's a person I always look up to because she responsible..." Doyeon said and I saw Chungha smile. "...before she isolated me from the world, before she lied to me, and before she made me do her selfish wishes to be with Yeonjung, without knowing that Yeonjung me and she did nothing but hurt me..."

It was an unexpected revelation to all of us, mostly to Chungha and Sejeong. I went to pat her back but Doyeon kept on saying things. "You know, everyone... Chungha has a stone heart..."

"Doyeon, that was over. I've changed." Chungha said and we laugh to break the tension.

"She wasn't like an unnie at all. She didn't let me do anything I want. She even had to hurt me, especially Yoojung." Doyeon cried.

"Doyeon, no..." Chungha felt uneasy as Sejeong and Sohye comfort her.

"She didn't know how hurt I am that I had to sacrifice my feelings and my happiness for her selfish wishes. Most of all, she didn't how I had to bear all the pain because I was forced to be with Yeonjung. She didn't know Yeonjung did a mortal sin to me. And she had to bribe her so that I can be away from Yoojung forever."

We all gulped. Chungha’s tears were falling and Sohye pats her back.

"But...she did it for me because she loves me...even if she rages about Yeonjung’s doing, I will always love her. I will always love my unnie." Doyeon said and Chungha cried in joy this time.

Chungha had a stoned look as she stops herself from flipping out because of Doyeon’s choice of words. I told Sohye and Sejeong to let her calm down outside as Mina, Chaeyeon, and I Doyeon to her bed.

On second thought, maybe we need to ease every tension in this family before a real happiness happens.

***

The vacation was long and gone and we were back to Jeju, just by the old restaurant. It was now unoccupied and a rock stood by it. But still, we had our picnic here and I shared some of my stories with everyone.

"See that cliff?" I pointed. "Yoojung and I had wonderful memories there, including at the sea over there where Yoojung used to compete. We were like: Choi Yoojung! Choi Yoojung!!" I cheered while I ran.

"Aigoo!" I saw Yoojung catch up to me. "Hahaha, be careful, Dodojjyu."

"Yoodaeng, I just remembered the competition, when you rowed a big boat with your short stature!" I cheered and they laughed.

"Oh yes. I may be a short boatwoman but I was champion. Mina and I ruled the competition!" Yoojung cheered and hi-fived with Mina.

"She almost lost because she couldn't stop looking at me!" I said.

Everyone cooed, especially Sejeong and Sohye. I looked at Yoojung smile and the memories recalled. I couldn't help my laugh too.

"You're the woman, Choi Yoojung!" Sohye teased. "I never thought the midget was the queen of charmers!"

"Such a cutie..." Sejeong chuckled.

"Why don't you do that to me, Sejeong?" Chaeyeon asked innocently and we all reacted, making Sejeong blush.

"Well, anyways..." Sejeong dodges the question. "So you two are a love story of a woman from this island and a boatwoman...so cute..." Sejeong smiled.

I nodded with Yoojung. I hugged her and everyone reacted with hearts and coos. I accepted those reactions because my love for her was true and was always there...

***

Doyeon's condition takes a total bite in her system, a sign that says that her well-being was deteriorating with every tick of the clock and with every event that has happened to all of us. Even so, I stuck to my promise for her, renounced of the fact of her passing.

With every trigger comes agitation. As Doyeon forgets us one by one, her agitation rose. Chungha suggests of taking her to a serene place for a week. I had my idea of taking her to the cliffs of Jeju and she agreed. Now, I got a car and both of drove there, knowing Doyeon can't walk much anymore.

During the drive, one hand was on the wheel while the other held her hand as she falls asleep. We got to the very top and I wake Doyeon up, telling her that we've arrived. I got down first as I help her get down. We got to sit on a rock as we look at the sea, the serene sky, and the birds flying by.

"Yoodaeng, is this the cliff?" She asked.

"Yes, Dodojjyu." I answered.

"The cliffs..." She mumbled. "The view is so nice."

I nodded, smiling at how Doyeon is adorable. I got her jacket and out it on her due to the cold winds. I then felt her head on my shoulder as I watch her hitch her breath.

"What are you doing, Dodojjyu?" I asked.

"I'm inhaling and exhaling." Doyeon answered.

I nodded and joined her. After a while, we got inside again as I take her somewhere nearby. We drove there and got to a home stay close to the cliffs with a view of the sea. We got inside, greeted by the staff.

"Good day, Mrs. and Mrs. Choi. I got your room ready." The clerk said.

I thanked her and we got to our room. As we got in, I saw Doyeon sitting, dazed. I smiled and went to her. "What is it, Doyeon?"

"Mrs. and Mrs. Choi? I'm your wife?" She asked.

"Yes you are. I'm your wife too." I answered.

"Yoodaeng, this place is wonderful. We should've took everyone along with us." She mumbled.

"We can. I'll text Sohye." I said.

"No. Let's just spend time together, just the two of us." Doyeon said.

"Okay. I'll let them catch up later and we'll just spend time together, just the two of us." I said back and Doyeon nodded.

We hugged each other again. I feel that this time with Doyeon is going to be so great.

***

Morning came and I was met by the TV playing a video with pictures of me and Yoojung, together with my family and friends. I looked to the side, wondering where Yoojung was.

"Happy morning, Dodojjyu." She greeted and got a tray of food.

"Happy morning, Yoodaeng." I greeted back. "What's with the TV?"

"I played a video Sohye and I made for you. I asked Sohye to help me." Yoojung said as she sat next to me. "You like it?"

"I like it so much." I nodded. "Where are we? This isn't our villa."

"We're in the home stay by the cliffs." Yoojung answered.

"Home stay? Why?" I asked again.

"Dodojjyu, we're having out post honeymoon and your sisters said you need to go to serene places like these. Also, we're married. See?" Yoojung shows a ring on her finger then my hand, which had the same ring. "...the rings are the same."

"We're married?" I asked and made a confirmation due to our hands. "We really are married."

"That's right, Dodojjyu. In the beginning when we met, I already loved you. I didn't ask you back then because my friends teased me." She said.

"I loved you in the beginning too, Yoodaeng." I smiled.

"Well, I was so meek. There was also the time we were stranded on the other island and I offered you to stay at our condo there. And that's where it started, Dodojjyu." Yoojung said.

"Hmm...you snored like an orangutan for someone so cute." I said and she laughed.

"You remembered...it was a habit." Yoojung chuckled. "...but I don't snore anymore."

"Well, what's your habit now?" I asked.

"To love you and be with you, Doyeon. It's has been a habit that I get to be with you." Yoojung grinned.

"And we're together... I'm together with you." I gleamed.

"Me too, Doyeon." Yoojung said, kissing my forehead.

"Did we have our wedding?" I asked.

Yoojung got a remote and played a video of a wedding day. As I saw the pictures, I'm starting to recall. My eyes were watery. I can't believe my goal for myself, my dream, had become a reality.

"It's real." I said. "It's really real."

"That's right, Dodojjyu." Yoojung nodded.

"How could I forget? When was that?" I asked her.

"We married on the 24th of June. It was a wonderful day and it was held in a pavillion in Seoul. We said our vows through an MC and then, all of our loved ones were there, even Chungha escorted you down the aisle." Yoojung told me.

"Chungha? Really?" I wowed.

"Yes. I thanked her at that time. It was a wonderful memory, Doyeon." She finished.

"Yah." I cup Yoojung's cheek. "Thank you for reminding me."

"No problem, Doyeon." Yoojung grinned.

I hugged her tight, wrapping my arms around her cute stature. "I love you..."

"I love you too." She replied. "I always have and always will."

***

Another day came and Doyeon and I strolled by the cliffs again. It was a long walk despite of the distance because I had to be very careful walking with Doyeon due to her condition. Nonetheless, we made it to our favorite spot, then taking a selfie together.

When lunch came, we got to the home stay and got a table. I told the waitress of our orders, reminding her of Doyeon's cup of tea. We finally sat down and Doyeon gives me a pout.

"Dodojjyu, now that we're married, you need to let me take care of you." I said.

"Yoodaeng, I'm not a baby. I can take care of myself." She said back.

"I know. But you're my wife so I'm responsible for taking care of you." I said back. "You don't want that?"

"I want that." Doyeon said again.

"And that's always been my promise to you. I will take care of you and your family...our family..." I said, holding her hand.

"Are my sisters fighting again?" Doyeon asked.

"A little...but not much like those times before. Sejeong, for instance, has been bright and cheerful." I shared.

"She's gambling and drinking." Doyeon spoke innocently.

"Oh no." I laugh it off. "She's changed. All of them have."

"She's not sad anymore?" She asked and I nodded. "How about Chungha? Sohye?"

"Chungha's not sad anymore too. Sohye? She's always happy. I never see her so down, especially when she's with Mina." I shared again.

"But Sohye can be secretive. She hides the fact that she's sad. She even hid from me that she gets hurt by Sejeong and Chungha." She batted with a pout.

"Not anymore, Doyeon." I smiled.

"Oh yeah! What about Mina? Chaeyeon?" She asked again.

"They're happy." I answered.

"I like that. That's what I like, Yoodaeng, that all of them are always happy." She clapped lightly.

"Hahaha...and I'll make sure that they'll always be happy." I said.

"And healthy." Doyeon added, making me laugh on how cute she was, nodding.

The tea came in first. I poured Doyeon some. She got to drink but I notice her hands shaking a bit so I got up and helped, making sure she drinks well.

To sum this post honeymoon, everytime Doyeon does things, I made the initiative to help her. She whined sometimes, saying that she can take care of herself wherein she really can't. Even if it's just too little to handle, I had to do it.

It's my promise and I'm keeping it.

After that, we had our walk again. I told her of the things we'll do today. She stopped to smile at me, cupping my cheeks.

And then my world fell as she fainted. I got her.

"Help!" I carried her on my back as I went back inside the home stay and let the people call an ambulance.

I didn't have time to cry or to panic, even if I wanted to. Doyeon needs me to be strong so I need to rationalize the situation. As the ambulance came, I was with Doyeon in every step of the way, even until such time she got admitted in the hospital.

As Doyeon rested, I called Chungha immediately, telling her not to catch up to the home stay but here in the hospital. I could sense worry with a bit of anger but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was Doyeon.

I hope she'll be okay...

***

I woke up to a sight of a hospital. I saw everyone gathering around me, even my Yoodaeng.

"Yo...Yoo... Yoojung-" I tried to speak but I couldn't.

Yoojung came closer and patted my head. But then, I grew anxious and agitated. I try speaking and screaming by I couldn't do it well. I grew scared and everyone comforts me.

What happened to me? Why am I here at the hospital again? What happened to my speech? Why couldn't I speak?!

"Shhh...It's okay, Dodojjyu. Don't cry." Yoojung comforts me.

I could only nod and feel Yoojung, letting my long arms hug her.

"I can't believe a little made a big impact on Doyeon." I heard Sohye sigh in frustration. "Like seriously, why did it have to happen soon?!"

"Hush." Mina calms her down. "Don't say that. It'll stress Doyeon more."

"Mina's right. The only thing we should do is let her rest and hope for the best." Sejeong said.

Sohye quieted down. I still hugged Yoojung tight and I cried of my condition.

She had a point. It had created a big impact on me and I can't believe I'm weakening, like my time of passing is making its way.

***

All of us were still at the hospital, watching over a sleeping Doyeon. According to the Doctor, we need to take her back to Seoul for proper medication but for now, she has to rest before the trip.

"Yoojung, why does Doyeon speak that way? Is it because of the little yet deadly or is it because her Alzheimer's is worsening?" Chaeyeon asked.

"As far as I know, a little is another effect of Alzheimer's." Sohye spoke.

"We don't know...but we will once we get her to Doctor Ho back to Seoul." I answered.

"We'll have to go back again." Sejeong sighed.

"That's right. Doyeon will be released in two days but as for you guys..." I pointed out everyone except Chungha. "...you need to go ahead and settle back our homes there."

"Yoojung, why don't we just go together?" Mina suggests.

"No. You can't ditch this. Not only we need to settle back our homes but also our jobs back in Seoul." I said. "Chaeyeon will handle ours, Sohye with hers and Mina's, and Sejeong with Chungha's."

"Yoojung's right." Chungha said. "Don't worry guys. We'll take care of Doyeon and we make sure nothing bad happens. Sohye, schedule a trip back to Seoul now. Yoojung and I will catch up with Doyeon."

Sohye could only obey and all of them went back to the villa, leaving me and Chungha.

Within the passing hours, we took care of Doyeon. Chungha even got us some coffee to liven up ourselves to always check on Doyeon. I was checking out her IV drip and massaging her arms when Chungha spoke.

"I'm scared, Yoojung." She began. "I want to have more time to spend time with her and make up for my mistakes towards her...but what if it will be too late? What about your time together?"

I sighed and patted Doyeon's head. "Chungha, Doyeon is not going to die yet. It's still a long bridge that we'll cross when we get to the end. There's still time. The time of despair hasn't come...not yet, it won't..."

Chungha nodded and I pat her shoulder. We look at Doyeon and so pray that the events would be obliged to do my words.

***

I was back at Seoul with Chungha-unnie and Yoodaeng. The rest were in the Kim household, our home as sisters. Yeonjung's house for us has been sold and everyone got to their jobs, even Yoojung from time to time.

But me? I have been . I can't walk anymore. I couldn't talk anymore too. When we got inside to have lunch, Yoojung was there, taking care of me, and Sejeong would push the wheelchair because she was the strong one.

Seeing the worried looks of my family without me letting them know through words makes me sick. Yoojung taking care of me without me letting her know though words was the worse. I could cry inside. I couldn't say how happy I am when Sejeong and Sohye joked around. I couldn't say that what Chaeyeon and Mina cooked was delicious. I couldn't tell Chungha I need help. And worst of all, I can't tell Yoojung 'I love you' anymore.

I know Yoojung will always take care of me...but...will I be enough for Yoojung to know that I love her too?

Words may not be my forte but I will let her know through my actions.

***

With Doyeon's disability to talk, we got Chaeyeon for being in charge of caregiving. She had experience before she worked for me so she shared her expertise to us. From speech to reflexes, we needed to be patient and teach Doyeon so that she can get her coordination back.

When we would eat, I assist Doyeon. The rest would worry of her and me but I let them eat ahead so that Doyeon had company in eating. All of them talked about their achievements and I was proud of that, all while I chimed in.

"So happy..."

We all stopped as we looked at Doyeon. She said it again and all of us cheered in pure joy. It was a bit sloppy but to the least, she was talking again.

"Doyeonnie~" Sohye cheered. "It's Penguin~"

"Penguin~" Doyeon chimed and Sohye clapped.

Everyone tried what Sohye did and they were cheerful as Doyeon got to say their names correctly.

"Yoodaeng~" Doyeon chimed out of nowhere.

The rest of the couples cooed and I could cry again. I wipe excess tears on the corner of my eyes and I was happy.

Doyeon may have this disability to speak well but I'm so relieved she still had a little voice to let me know that she does love me.

***

Morning came and I could only hug Yoojung tight. It was her birthday today.

I still couldn't speak much. I only babbled a few words but I was still a mute. I sighed in my thoughts. I wish I can talk to Yoojung properly to how happy I am for this day.

We got to the dining room and everyone had a surprise for Yoojung. I saw Yoojung reacting and smiling ever so cutely.

"Birthday." I said.

"That's right, Doyeon-ah. It's Yoojung's birthday." Chungha smiled.

"Happy Birthday." I said to Yoojung.

She thanked me with a kiss on my forehead. I was so happy to do that. I feel victorious that I got to express myself with my voice, even if it was just a few words.

"Aigoo, Yoojung, we wanted to have a party for you, an extravagant one. But Mina here said that you liked it simple." Sohye said.

"She's right. I usually prefer simple celebrations as long as my loved ones are here." Yoojung said.

"But you'll expect extravagant celebrations next time, right Doyeon?" Chaeyeon chimed.

I nodded as I try to express that. "Birthday..." I hug Yoojung. "Happy... Birthday..."

She thanked me again. Sohye got the cake as Sejeong lit it up. And then I blow the candle and saw everyone react. I realized that I was out of my mind again but I saw Yoojung smile. It made my heart smile too.

"You had to get to the candle first, Doyeon...Aigoo..." Sejeong cooed.

"I'll just make a wish." Yoojung said. "I wish that Doyeon and I have more years to come. I hope Sohye and Mina will have a wonderful wedding and I wish everyone is always happy and always healthy."

Those were my wishes for my family. I cried in utter joy. She said it for me when I cannot say it anymore. I could only babble. "Sohye is always healthy."

Sohye reacted and all of them smiled. I may have this disability but to the least, I made them happy. I made Yoojung happy.

***

Time passed again and we had a wonderful day as Mina and Sohye finally got married. The wedding was extravagant as ours and I was still with Doyeon and the rest of the family, congratulating the newlyweds.

I had my Alpha talk with Sohye. While we walked towards our wives, I loved the sight of the two best friends talking.

"Have some rest now, Doyeon-ah." Mina smiled at her.

I smiled and patted Doyeon's back, and Sohye hugging Mina.

"You're so cute and pretty..." Doyeon said to Mina.

"Thank you, Doyeon~" Mina gleamed. "Thanks, buddy."

"...just like my best friend, Mina."

We all gasped. I saw Mina gasping lightly. "Doyeon-ah, it's me, Mina..."

"You're not Mina." Doyeon mumbled. "Mina's still at Jeju, doing competitions and sticking to Yoodaeng's side..."

I saw Sohye trying to calm Mina. I sighed and comforted Doyeon, trying to calm her down too. But Mina was persistent and was crying, saying to Doyeon that she really was the best friend she knew.

"Doyeon-ah, it really is me. I'm Mina. I'm your best friend." Mina teared up. "It's me, buddy..."

"I want to go home..." Doyeon mumbled. "I want to go home..."

I nodded. Mina was still forcing herself but Sohye had to hug her for comfort. I let Chungha and the rest take her home and they did. I stayed for a bit with Sohye to comfort Mina.

My heart felt down as Mina sobbed on her wedding day, a day where she was supposed to be happy to be bound to someone she loves. Doyeon was important to her life too, knowing she would calm her throughout her condition. I just didn't expect that Doyeon was starting to forget us one by one. First was Sohye now her...

"Mina, don't cry..." I went to comfort her. "It's okay. Don't cry. This is your special day with Sohye. You can't leave here crying."

"Yoojung-ah...I prepared myself for this. I know that time will come that Doyeon will forget me and she won't remember my name, let alone my face. But I never thought I wasn't ready at all. I had to cry on our wedding day..." Mina sniffled. "...and I never thought I could be hurt because someone you care for doesn't remember you anymore..."

Sohye was a victim and she was crying too. I sighed and patted their shoulders. "Listen to me..." I said. "...Doyeon always tells me the obscurity of her memories but always remember her words: The heart never forgets. She may never remember you properly but know that her heart will always and always remember the two cuties that made her life very sweet and meaningful." I shed a little tear on her words. "And it's your wedding day. You need to be happy."

Mina and Sohye nodded. I congratulated them again before heading back home. And I had to rush because Doyeon might be looking for me again.

***

I wake up another day and everything was going blurry. I was confused with everything and I wonder of everything.

"Dodojjyu?" I heard Yoojung call and I could only stare. "Everyone's here."

"Doyeon-ah, who am I?" A girl with a wide from asked.

"Penguin." I mumbled.

She nodded lightly. A girl next to her asked too and I answered. "You're Tangerine."

"How about us, Doyeon-ah?" Three women asked too.

"Hamster, Strawberry, and Ahjusshi~" I called on and they cheered.

"And Yoodaeng." I pointed to the last one.

I faced these people again. They have been in our house and I don't know who they are. I wonder of them. Who are they?

"Doyeon, they're your family." Yoojung said.

"Family..."

I couldn't recall a family but somehow I felt comfort with these unknown people. I could only nod and seeing them happy made me happy.

***

Days went by a lot and Doyeon's memory loss has reached its peak as she forgets almost all of us. She forgot Sohye on our vacation, she forgot Mina on her own wedding, she forgot Chaeyeon on New Year, and she forgot Sejeong and Chungha during our anniversary.

Now, she was a weary woman, all fragile and weak. Even though the time had come, I was still there for her. Her family stood strong and went with the flow of life, filling the crevices of Doyeon's big picture even though they can't be part of it anymore.

Now, it was another day. I woke up, seeing Doyeon wake up by herself. I did the usual routine of helping her but she said she can do it herself so I let her. She stopped by the bathroom, fonding of her own reflection.

"T-There's a woman..." She pointed.

"That's you, Doyeon." I said.

She shoos it off. I let her do her thing but it took so long. I asked what's wrong but she kept on doing it. I gulped as she faced me, looking intently at me.

"Go away..." She shooed me off.

I didn't want to provoke her so I made way.

"Go away...I don't know you."

Slowly, the epiphany sank its way to my mind, realizing that it had been the end of the line.

She forgot all of us. She now forgot me.

I went to get my trove filled with my memories with Doyeon. I show her the pictures, asking her if she knows the people in them.

"That's me..." She mumbled. "...and that's Yoodaeng...the love of my life..." She looked at me. "Yoodaeng is the love of my life..."

I cried. I had rooted the reality in my head and spoke. "Yoodaeng said she loves you too."

"Do you know Yoodaeng?" She asked and I could only nod.

She kept on mumbling that Yoodaeng is her love and my tears flowed harder. Seeing her hug the pictures towards her heart made me look away as I sob silently but I could shiver.

I could only watch her get up and walk. I asked where she's going.

"To Jeju..." She looked at me again. "... Yoodaeng is coming back and is waiting for me..."

"Okay..." I nod while wiping my tears like a kid. "...we'll go and wait for Yoodaeng..."

She went outside. As I got to the door to follow her, I fell slowly and sobbed.

It's has been done. Doyeon doesn't remember us anymore. But now, it made sense that I need to face this harsh reality and care for Doyeon once more, just like I promise her.

***

Days went by again and I can't remember all these people around me. I wonder who were they and what they are doing in my home. But somehow, my heart was telling me to let it go because they were people who are meant to be by my side. And besides, they made me happy so I let them be here with me.

From Ahjussi's promotion to Penguin and Tangerine having a daughter, a lot has happened. But what made me smile was Midget. She was always there, just like my Yoodaeng.

I was getting ready for bed and Midget was helping me. As I got on the bed, she was on the couch. I didn't want here to sleep there. Her back could get hurt.

"Here..." I pat the bed. "Sleep here."

"But Yoodaeng sleeps there." She said.

"Yoodaeng is considering." I mumbled.

She laughed and lays next to me. I faced her and she cups my cheek. It somehow felt nice, almost like how Yoodaeng does it. Her smile also reminded me of Yoodaeng.

"I love you, Dodojjyu." Midget spoke.

She slowly cuddles me close and she sleeps. I was just lying there but somehow, her hug felt like Yoodaeng's. I hug her back lightly and I felt tired. I closed my eyes and plastered a smile...

I love you too, Yoodaeng...

*blink*

I woke up and Midget was still asleep. I held her close and nudged her. "Wake up..."

She didn't. I could only nudge Midget lightly, wanting her to wake up. I saw Ahjussi and Penguin going towards as she wakes Midget up. But it didn't work.

"Yoojung... Yoojung..." Penguin nudges her. "Yoojung-ah...!"

I saw her cry. Ahjussi did the same thing and she cried hard. Ahjussi was yelling for help. I saw Midget still sleeping. I nudge her lightly. She needs to wake up. The rest of them came by and I was more confused. They were crying in front of Midget, especially Tangerine and Strawberry.

Ahjussi carried me to my wheelchair as Midget was taken away. I wanted to say not to take her away but they didn't listen as they take me outside.

What happened to Midget? Why didn't she wake up? Why did they cry? Why did take her away?

Yoodaeng...why are you taking Yoodaeng away?

"Doyeon?" I saw Hamster all blurry.

My vision was very blurry and I felt so weak. I felt nudges but I'm seeing light. Not only that, I was seeing Yoojung.

"Dodojjyu~" She waved.

She was going somewhere, close to the light. I pout.

"I'm coming with you~~" I mumbled. "Yoodaeng, I want to come with you."

I could hear cries but I could focus only on Yoojung. She was waiting. And I'm going with her.

"I'm coming with you, Yoodaeng~~"

***

 

I was lying on something rough and I saw the blue sky. I got up, seeing myself by the sea, almost the same in Jeju where I met Doyeon.

It hit me. The memories flooded all over again from the time I met Doyeon to the time I had my life taken due to a silent but deadly kind of cancer. I look around and I just smiled, knowing I was where I was needed to be.

I close my eyes as I see a mourning family in front of two graves. Many people came to the funeral. Mina and Chaeyeon were close to my grave as Sejeong, Sohye and Chungha were on the other. I even saw Sohye carrying a baby Somi. But I wonder...

...where's Doyeon??

"Yoodaeng~~"

I open my eyes again and looked to the side, seeing a tall woman getting off a boat. I look and went closer and I gasped. "Dodojjyu??" I went to tackle for a hug.

She hugged me back so tight. I saw her tears and I wipe them. "What's wrong?"

"I'm so happy to be with you again." She said through another hug.

"Why?" I asked.

She didn't say anything. She held my face and we lean our foreheads against each other.

"Close your eyes." She said.

I did...and I was back in the same vision where our family and friends mourned. I saw Doyeon by my side as she smiled sadly.

"We had to be taken so soon." She spoke. "I didn't even to get a glimpse of our niece, Somi."

It hit me as I now realize everything. Doyeon and I died on the same day and on the said vision, our family was mourning for our losses. But then, they smiled and I hear Chungha's words.

"I'm sorry, Doyeon. I'm sorry that we didn't give you enough love in this world. But then, we may mourn today...but we smile for the rest of our lives because I know, and we all know...that you're happy up there...with Yoojung."

I open my eyes again and Doyeon was on my side, shedding tears like I was. I now realize that we may not have a happy ending on Earth but we have it now...and always...and with each other.

Doyeon hugged me again. I hug her back. We gaze at each other's eyes as we welcome another phase of everlasting happiness together.

"I love you, Dodojjyu."

"I love you too, Yoodaeng..." She said. "...I always have and always will...because you're my greatest love."


Surprise, guys! This has been asahdako with a fresh start of another IOI fanfic. Despite of its length, I hoped you like it~