A Latte Problems

A Latte Problems

 

The scent of freshly brewed coffee mixed with the chatter around the room. People’s fingers typing at the speed of light. Straws stirring the ice in their cups. That’s why so many people stay at the little family owned cafe. It was like a whole ‘nother world. And center of that little cafe stood Son Chaeyoung the owner, who’d been to busy staring at Y/N to notice Momo standing in front of her.

 

“Yah.” Momo said snapping her fingers in Chaeyoung's face. Chaeyoung blinked, only now realizing Momo’s presence. “Huh?”

 

Momo rolled her eyes, placing the small note sheet that read Two caramel macchiatos table 6.

 

Chaeyoung perked up at the order. “Ah I got this.” She said before walking towards the coffee machines.

 

“Oh Chaeyoung.” Momo called making her look up. “Hmm?”

 

“Don’t drop them this time.”

 

Well she didn’t drop them, on the floor at least. Though no one’s saying spilling hot coffee over the customers is better.

 

“What happened to my lady killer Chaeyoung?” Momo asked teasingly

 

“Momo you don’t understand Y/N’s-”

 

“Perfect, beautiful, gorgeous yes I know I’ve heard it all. Can you please just ask Y/N out?” Momo asked almost pleadingly.

 

“I can’t, I’m pretty sure there’s a rule on dating employees.”Chaeyoung responded, running a hand through her hair.

 

“Then fire her.” Momo said removing her apron. “Fire her then date her.” Momo reasoned

 

“I couldn’t do that to anyone especially not Y/N.” Chaeyoung whined

 

“Then you better compromise.” Momo retorted, handing Chaeyoung her apron. “How- wait where are you going?” She asked

 

“I’m leaving early and if I come back tomorrow and you two aren’t dating, I’m firing you.”

 

Chaeyoung groaned as she watched the older girl walk away before very hesitantly going back into the cafe.

 

Chaeyoung lifted her head yelling a goodbye to the final customer, or so she thought. “Chaeyoung-ah.” Y/N said making her jump back. Chaeyoung was sure she was dreaming now.

 

“Y-y/n?” Chaeyoung whispered, making you giggle at her.

 

“Who else would I be?” you asked teasingly

 

“Sorry I’ve just been really distracted lately.”

 

“Really I couldn’t tell.” you said making her blush. “Yah I’m still your boss.” she said threateningly

 

“How come you’re so bad at your job then?”

 

“I wouldn’t be so bad at it if you weren’t so distracting.” Chaeyoung blurted making you both freeze.

 

Your lips curved into a teasing smile. “What was that?” You asked walking towards her.

 

“Nothing.” She mumbled,her hands covered in assurance that she didn’t spill anything else.

 

The small game of cat and mouse ended once you had her backed against the counter. “Chaeyoung look at me.” you whispered to the girl who’d now been averting all eye contact with you.

 

She turned to you reluctantly, feeling very torn about the closeness between your lips. You leaned closer, chuckling as she closed her eyes. You leaned away from her placing a chocolate bar in front of her. After realizing nothing had opened her eyes, looking rather disappointed.

 

“Huh?” She asked taking the candy. “Why?”

 

You smiled cheekily. “So when I really kiss you tomorrow, you taste like chocolate.” you said before speeding out of the cafe leaving Chaeyoung dumbfounded.

 

For taenggoo77 hope you liked it feel free to rquest anytime :)