Is 50 years long?

Baekhyun- Is 50 years long? (1-shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Appa, how long will you live? "

The little girl asked her scientist father while watching the busy man packing his stuff before leaving for his flight to somewhere far---- at least that was what he told her. The child had been watching her father packed for precised 92 minutes and 57 seconds. She had been counting. 

Baekhyun turned his head to peek at his child--- artificial child and smiled. 

"For ages, I guess. " He said, folding his clothes before stuffing them into his luggage. The little girl realised that the packing took longer than usual and something in her rose up. She felt as if her artificial heart was clenching and she found herself frowning. 

Which those situations mentioned never happen before. 

"How long?" The little A.I. asked again, wanting a more specific answer. Her small hand was holding a Teddy bear, a gift from her father. He said she would not be lonely anymore. Teddy is her friend. 

"Hmm, around 50 years maybe? "When the whole packing process was done, Baekhyun plopped on the bed and realised his daughter was still standing at the doorway. It seemed as if she was hesitant to enter the room. Baekhyun frowned, his daughter being scared of him was the last thing he wished for. 

"Sweetie, you can come in." The little girl slowly walked towards her father and stared at him for awhile before mouthing a few words. 

"I'll miss you, appa."

The air into the room felt heavy. Baekhyun did not know what to say. He could have said 'I'll miss you too', but the words seemed to be stucked somewhere in his chest. He was sure the little A.I. could hear his breath hitched. 

He stayed in his position for a few moment and turned over to face his daughter. The A.I. child was very human-like, everyone around him said that she was one of the successful creation he had. Even if the world was awed and praised him, he still thought of himself as a failure. A failure as a father. 

He could not do anything normal with the little A.I. like what normal family did. She was too intelligent for that, and he was too busy to be a good father every child expected their fathers to be. These facts made his heart clenched in pain. 

"Appa?"

The girl's voice snapped Baekhyun back to reality. "Yes, honey?" Baekhyun rubbed his eyes and found himself crying as the back of his hand was wet with his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter