...

Can Love Forget?

A boy and girl accidentally met because of the lollipop then, they became best friends.

They went together to school and they were like brothers and sisters.

What if one day they fall in love to each other and one of them got in an accident and he or she can't remember him or her?

What will happen to their love story? Can love forget?



Taemin and Miyoung became best friends they went to school together and walked together. Taemin treats Miyoung as his little sister but they were just in a same age – 17.

They were in a same class and he’s always there to guard her and protect her. Miyoung was getting annoyed by it but she feels safer when Taemin’s around. Some of their classmates thought that they were a couple, so other boys can’t get closer to Miyoung but she can receive flowers and chocolates.

Some students wish that they were in their shoes just to be with Taemin or Miyoung. Miyoung is kind and helpful and cheerful that’s why their classmates like her so much and she had so many friends. And Taemin was the same; kind, handsome and also smart, every girl in school admiring him so much.

~♡~♡~♡~

Taemin sighed, he didn’t know what to do, he can’t think straight and he was walking back and forth thinking if he should confess to Miyoung his feelings. It had been a year now and he thought that he fall in love to his best friend.

Taemin stopped from walking and he saw Miyoung running towards him: waving and wears her beautiful smile.

“She seems happy I wonder why?” Taemin said. Taemin was dazed just by seeing her beautiful smile and her long, shiny black hair that sways left to right. As Miyoung approached him, she gave him a warm hug.

“Hey! How’s it going? So far, so good?” Miyoung freed from hugging him. Taemin’s eyes was glued on Miyoung’s, he can’t take his eyes off her. She was getting annoying by his stare and she asked him why.

“Why? Is there something on my face? Where is it? Can you get it off for me?” she’s now searching for her mirror to check her face if there was really something on her face.

“Nothing, you’re perfect,” Taemin blurted out. He lowered his head and he just realized what he just said, he felt his face was getting hotter. He glanced at her and her cheeks were flushed pink. He smiled cheekily and don’t know how to start a conversation with her. If he just didn’t say that then, the atmosphere wouldn’t awkward like this. She then noticed an ice cream stall, she grab Taemin and went to the stall.

“Let’s eat ice cream, my treat!” she said.

“I’m not in a mood today,” he walked towards to a nearby bench and sat there, he felt so tired and frustrated. Miyoung dragged him again.

“I don’t care if you’re not in a mood to eat ice cream I just want to treat you,”

“Why?” he faced her with a curious expression on his face.

“Why? Should I have to answer that? Have you forgotten that I have to repay you?” she went to the stall and ordered a chocolate and vanilla flavor of ice cream.

“Repay what?” he raised a brow.

“The lollipop, remember?” he can’t remember anything. He again sat on the bench and think about the lollipop he has no idea. He began to think as he remembered it.

*Flashbacks*


Taemin was walking down the street a 7 year old boy half Korean and half American. In his hand, he was holding a big colored rainbow lollipop he’s it happily he was skipping and sung a song. Suddenly, he heard that someone is crying, sobbing so loud.

He was looking where was that sobbing came from he looked everywhere but he can’t find it. When he walked ten steps he saw a girl who is crying leaning down to the wall. He approached her and bent down in front of her causing the girl to startle. The girl wipes’ her tears and asked the boy.

“Who are you?” the girl asked in English. The boy examined her from head to toe and he saw a bruise on her right knee. He realized that she was not a Korean, good thing his father taught him how to speak in English.

He’s going to touch the girl’s knee when the girl screamed in top of her lungs. The boy stumbled and his lollipop fell on the ground and it’s now broke into a million pieces. The boy cried and he gathered all the pieces of his lollipop in the ground.

The girl bent down to help him gathered all the pieces and hand it all to him. Taemin is staring at his lollipop on his palm hand and still sobbing.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scream. You’re going to touch my knee and…”, the girl stop and lower her head. She didn’t really mean to scream that loud. The boy is now crying hard because of his lollipop. He really wants that lollipop badly his mother promised him that she will give him a big lollipop when he’s being a good boy while his mother is away.

And when his mother came back, his mother gave him that big colored rainbow lollipop. He was so happy to receive that lollipop. But now, his precious lollipop is now gone and is broke into pieces.

The girl was staring at him and saying sorry for a million times now. Taemin didn’t respond anything, still eyeing to his lollipop.

“My mom gave this lollipop to me. I really want this candy for so long. And now it’s gone!” Taemin cried out loud and sat at the ground. The girl comforts him until his cry stops.

“I am really sorry, I didn’t mean to. I’ll ask my mom to give you a much bigger and colorful lollipop you’ve never seen!” she held out her hand to make a big circle.

Taemin cried more, he really likes that lollipop. He didn’t want any other lollipop bigger or colorful like his lollipop. That lollipop was the candy that he really wants ever since. And now he has it but after 10 minutes with his lollipop, that candy was already gone. He can’t just accept the fact that his candy was entirely gone.

“I’m going to tell to my mom about this!” he stood up and ran away. Then the girl chased after him and saying sorry a few times now, Taemin reached home and call for his mommy. He look for his mommy room to room, he looked everywhere but nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, his mom appears at the kitchen with a sad face.

“Oh my! Taeminnie, what happen?” Taemin’s mom, kneel down in front of him and wipe his tears. He cried so much he can’t speak. Taemin clear his throat and begun to spoke.

“Mommy, my lollipop is gone!!” his mom hugged him and carried him to the kitchen to get some water.

“Tell me what happen to your lollipop, honey. Where it goes?”

Taemin was going to tell it when suddenly, someone ring the door bell. So he stopped and his mother gonna get the door.

“Oh, Miyoung! You’re here! where are your parents? And why are you alone?” Miyoung was the girl earlier who was crying because of her bruise.

Mrs. Lee examined her and she saw the bruise on her knee. She let Miyoung went inside to put a medicine on her bruise.

Taemin stopped crying and he was now eating apple that makes him calm down. When Taemin saw the girl who he met earlier he stopped eating and went to his mommy.

“Mommy,” he tucked his mom’s shirt.

“Yes, honey?”

“Mom, she’s the reason why is my lollipop had gone! She make me broke it, look here’s the one piece from my lollipop,” he was holding a piece of lollipop in his hand that shapes like a moon. She frowned and said sorry again and again.

“Really? Miyoung, what happen? Why’d you make him do that?”

“Mrs. Lee, I didn’t mean to. He approached me and his going to touch my knee so I screamed and he fell down to the ground and now his lollipop is gone,” she’s about to cry but she don’t want to. So she holds back her tears and she tried to be brave.

“It’s okay Miyoung I know you didn’t mean to do it, right?” Miyoung nods.

“And Taemin, I’ll buy you another one, okay? How is that?”

“No Mommy, I want that lollipop!” he began to cry again. His mom tries to stop him from crying but she fails. Mrs. Lee leads the two kids to the living room and she asked Miyoung if she can make him stop from crying. Mrs. Lee went to the kitchen to get some snacks for the kids.

Miyoung tried to spoke but then, suddenly Taemin faced her and said.

“You owe me a lollipop!” Miyoung widened her eyes. Where should she get a lollipop? She’s just a kid.

“Okay! I will after a long year,” Miyoung grinned, both of them laughed and smiled at each other.

“I’m Taemin, Lee Taemin,” he held out his hand so she would shake it.

“And I’m Miyoung, Song Miyoung,” she shook Taemin’s hand and they smiled to each other.


*End of Flashback*

“Oh yeah! The lollipop? Forget about it, 10 years had passed now you still remember that?” he took the chocolate ice cream from her hands and began to eat.

“Of course I still remember that! You said ‘You owe me a lollipop!’ and I said ‘Okay, after a long year.’ So, I’m going to repay you little by little, okay?”

“But, it had been 10 years from now. It’s not a big deal just forget it, okay? It’s just a lollipop I can buy lots of lollipop. So don’t worry, don’t repay me back,” the boy smiled.

“But a promise is a promise. I want to fulfill my promise to you and it’s my fault that’s why your lollipop is gone,” she sat beside him and frowned like a kid.

“Fine, if that’s what you want. If you just saw your face just now you’re like a kid that her mother didn’t gave her a candy,” Taemin laughed hard. Miyoung glared at him and Taemin starts to run because he knew what will happen next. Miyoung starts to chase him and she picked up a stick and now she was chasing Taemin with not-so-big stick on her hands.

“Come here you, you little brat! Look at yourself you’re like a kid with ice cream stains on the face and shirt,” Taemin stopped from running and he checked himself.

“There’s nothing!” he shouted. Taemin is now standing in front of him. Then she burst to laugh.

“Gotcha! Ha ha ha,” then they started to chase once again to each other. Only laughter's you can hear in neighborhood.

~✿✿✿~✿✿✿~✿✿✿~✿✿✿~✿✿✿~

They still laughing and giggling when they got home. Their smiles won’t take off to their faces, Taemin and Miyoung is now standing in Miyoung’s front gate then they faced to each other.

“So,” Miyoung muttered.

“Today is fun!” Taemin chuckled.

“Yes, you’re right! Today is so fun!” she smiles happily.

“So, see you tonight?” Taemin’s lowering his head and his face was turning red.

“What tonight?” Miyoung had no idea about the ‘Tonight’. Taemin lifted his head with a you-don’t-know stare.

✿Taemin at the park (5:00am)✿

“Whoa~ tonight is the night! I’ll confess to her what I felt for her,” he muttered after he watered the flowers. It blooms so perfectly and beautiful, so red and it has many thorns in it.

The park was well decorated and it also has a fountain at the middle and a red carpet too, It was romantic. Taemin decorated it by himself, no help at all. He wants it to be special just for Miyoung. While he was resting at the bench he send Miyoung a message.

To: Miyoungie^^

From: Taeminnie =D

Message sent: 5:10 am

Good morning! See you later at school, okay? And come to the park around 6:00pm later I have a surprise for you. Don’t forget to eat your breakfast, okay? Bye!


Taemin felt nervous. What would be the reaction when Miyoung saw his plan and when he confessed to her?

That was the question that keeps on repeating on his mind. “I don’t know what to say to her,” Taemin mumbled. He practiced a dozen of times last night. No, a hundred of times last night, and now he felt nervous. He shook his head to let his nervousness go away.

“I can do this! Go Taemin, Go!” he stood up and picked his bag then went home.

✿End✿

“Oh, I get it! You’ll give me a ‘surprise’, I wonder what is it? I’m excited!” Miyoung clapped her hands.

“Okay then, see you later, okay?” Taemin looks so delighted and excited too. They bid goodbyes’ and went off.

At the park

Miyoung had arrived at the park and she saw nothing, no sign of Taemin either. She walked around to find Taemin. Suddenly, the lights went on and the little heart at the fountain made by Taemin shine so bright. Miyoung shed tears she didn’t expect that Taemin will gave her this kind of surprise.

Tears of joy came down through her eyes she can’t described her feelings right now. Taemin appeared with a three rose on his hands, he smiles to Miyoung and started to walk towards her with a big smile on his face.

Taemin is now standing in front of her, he give the three roses.

“Do you like it? Why are you crying?” Taemin wipes the tears on her face. Miyoung smiles and laughed.

“Are you surprised? Do you like it?” he grinned. “I made all of this just for you.”

Miyoung was speechless no words came out from . All you can see was a curve on her lips and happiness on her eyes. The expression on her face says it all she hugged Taemin tightly, and cried.

“Hush now,” Taemin was caressing her back. Make her to stop from crying.

Taemin freed her from hugging then confronted her,

“Miyoung, you know that we’ve been known when we were seven. It all started from the lollipop, right? Now, I want you to know that I.. I like you,” Taemin knelt down his right knee.

“Would you be my girl?” Miyoung covered his mouth and she was trying not to cry. Then, she began to spoke up.

“First thing first, please stand up? I’m not comfortable,” she smiled.

Miyoung held Taemin’s hands and confessed something to him too.

“Do you know that I liked you from the very start? I just wait for the perfect time to confess but I don’t have that time. And now, here you are, in front of me. The boy of my dreams confessed to me at last,” Miyoung giggled a bit.

“And now, I don’t want this chance to waste,” she looked at his hands, holding it tightly then lift her head and faced him.

“Yes,” she smiles cheekily. Taemin didn’t make any move he just widened his eyes and a smile form on his lips. He hugged her tightly and leaves a peck on her cheeks. He jumps around and he made a ‘wooohoo’ sound. He was so happy he doesn’t know what to do.

2 years later

Taemin and Miyoung was a great couple, when they started their relationship. Their classmates’ starts to congratulate them even though the others can’t accept it, they were all sad but half of them were happy. Somebody says “Their good together,”, “I envy them so much. But, it’s okay.” And “I wish their relationship stays strong forever.”

The couple was so happy when they heard their comments. They make sure that no one’s going to separate them or any threats from them.

~J~J~J~J~J~J~J~

September 12, Tuesday, the day of their 2nd anniversary together, Taemin planned that they will having a picnic together at the beach. Miyoung agreed to his plan and start to packed foods and beverages for their picnic. While arranging and put all the foods at the basket, Miyoung felt dizzy and coughed hard. She went to the sink and she wants to throw something up, as she coughed harder a blood came out. She can’t believe what she just saw, she the faucet then she washed off the blood.

As Taemin went to the kitchen, Miyoung startled and cold sweat falls out from her forehead.

“What happened to you?” Taemin asked with a packed of apple on his hands.

“Oh, nothing. It’s nothing I’m fine,” Miyoung shook her head to get rid of what just she saw. She starts to packed again then she carried the basket to the car.

Taemin noticed that Miyoung was in pale color he went into her and ask what happened to her. She answered “Nothing,”

“Are you sure? You’re not feeling well do you want to rest instead going at the beach?” Taemin was really worried. Judging by his face how worried he was. He didn’t want something’s going to happen to his girl.

“No, I’m fine. Come on! Let’s go to the beach! I miss beach,” she smiled happily even though she had discovered something unexpected.

As they having fun at their tripping from Seoul to beach, Miyoung falls asleep. Taemin glance at her and covered jacket to keep her warm. While Taemin’s trying to cover Miyoungs’ with his jacket, he didn’t notice that his car was driving from the left. He then holds the wheel and he tried to step on the brakes but it didn’t work. Miyoung woke up because of the noise, she then screamed in top of her lungs.

The car fell off to the cliff and crashed to a big rock. Taemins’s head starts to bleed it hit on the wheel so hard. While Miyoung, her head bleeds too and some scratches to her arms and face, she still awake. She tries to wake Taemin up because the car will explode any minute now. She gave all her energy just to push Taemin out of the car, she pushed him all her might and the result was; Taemin is now rolled down and his body is now lying at the big rocks that blocks the way down.

Now, Miyoung tries to get out of the car with all her might as well. She can’t move her right leg, so she crawled out and held on the tree branches. Now the two of them got out from the car after a few minutes the car explodes. Miyoung saw the explosion and faints. After an hour, rescue teams and some police came to rescue them.

At the Hospital

Miyoung was at the hospital bed, lying with a cast on her right ankle. She looks fragile, some scratches on her face and bruises too. The doctor diagnosed that she had a cancer, and her life span will end in a month. She doesn’t know what to do, as for now she wants to see Taemin. She was crying and asked to her mom where Taemin was. Her mom said that Taemin’s condition was 50/50 and he is now in coma. He’s not waking up like a week now.

_*_*_*_

After a week, Miyoung’s condition is getting worst by her illness. The virus was spreading out on her body, therapy and everything it doesn’t work at all. Her hair starts to fall off, and she looks so paler. Suddenly, the doctor came to give her the medicine, and to give her a good news as well.

“Miyoung, how are you feeling right now?” the doctor asked preparing the medicines and the injection.

“Good, I think?” she smiled.

“That’s good! Now, ready for the medicine?” she nods.

“Okay then, ready? Here it goes,” the doctor injected her.

“Oh! I almost forgot! Taemin is awake,” the doctor smiled.

Miyoung’s face was so happy and a bright smile appeared, she asked the doctor if it’s okay if she can visit him, the doctor nod. Doctor Kim helped her to move her to the wheelchair.

Now, Miyoung and the doctor arrived at Taemin’s room. As they enter Taemin was fine now, the scratches and the big bandage on his head had cast off. Miyoung’s reaction was happy.

“Taemin! I missed you!” she held his hand tightly. Taemin’s reaction was a questionable face.

“W-who are you?” Taemin asked her. Miyoung loose her hands to his.

“I’m Miyoung, can’t you remember me? Taemin?” she’s going to cry now. It was like her world had been destroyed.

“W-who’s Taemin?” he stuttered. Miyoung doesn’t know what to do. The doctor explains what happened to him.

“His head got bumped hard into the rocks, but his memory will come back but I’m still not sure about it. I did all I can do. His family is trying to help him remember everything but he can’t,” she clenched her fist. She tried not to cry but it all started to shed. She went out to the room, she can’t accept it.

“How many days should I live, Doc?” she asked.

“To be honest, you only have 4 days to live Miyoung,” she lowered her head and burst to tears.

“What should I do now?” she cried even louder and Doctor Kim tried to comfort her.

After 4 days

Miyoung’s family and friends gather around her. This is the last day to be with her.

“M-Mom, c-can I-I a-ask a f-f-favor f-from you?” she tries to speak.

“Yes, honey what is it?” her mother caressed her face.

“Mom, will y-you please get the big, rainbow colored lollipop?” her mom get the lollipop from her bag and gave it to her.

Miyoung pulled out a piece of paper from her pocket and she wrapped it around the stick of the lollipop. After she wrapped it, she gave it to her mom.

“Mom, can you give this to Taemin?” her mom nods. Tears began to fall from her mother’s eyes.

“Yes, baby I will,” her mom smiled forcefully.

“Okay, baby close your eyes now and go to sleep now,” Miyoung close her eyes as her mother asked her to.

Taemin’s Room

Taemin’s packing his things and ready to go. When the nurse came and hand him a big, colored lollipop. Taemin took it and says thank you to the nurse, he noticed a paper that wraps onto the stick of the lollipop. He carefully unwrap it. He started to read it,

Taemin,

Hey, how are you doing? Here’s your lollipop that I’m going to repay you. Was it similar to the lollipop that you have last time? =) I searched for the same lollipop you have and here it is I found it. Taemin, I wish you’ll remember me someday. Remember, that I always by your side protecting you, wherever you go I’m there. Please, don’t forget me? Try to remember me, okay? I love you so much Taemin. Remember that I always love you.

Good bye,

Miyoung



As he read the letter some memories came back and he remembered Miyoung. He ran out from his room and asked the nurse what room Miyoung was staying. He ran as fast as he could when he reached in that room, the room was full of people crying so hard. They make way for Taemin to see Miyoung.

He leaned down beside her and kissed her at the forehead, and he leaned closer and whispered,

“I love you, Miyoung. I will never forget you,” he is now lying on her chest and tears filling on his eyes.

THE END