Jinhwan: Part One

Ready, Set, Don't Go

PART ONE


 

For the nth time, Jinhwan pressed the call button on his phone and held it against his ear.

“The number you have dialed-“

Jinhwan tuts in annoyance and then slammed (gently) his phone down on the couch. “Why isn’t he picking up his phone?!” he hissed frustratingly.

Donghyuk, who was sitting next to him, laughed lightly. “What’s wrong, hyung?”

“Chanwoo. He’s not answering his phone.”

“And where did the troublemaker go?” Donghyuk asked amusingly.

“He said he was going out to meet his friends.”

“He’s probably having a really good time with his friends that he doesn’t hear his phone ringing,” Donghyuk reasoned.

Jinhwan didn't replied and stared at the TV in front.

"Chanwoo's a good kid - he knows how to look after himself," Donghyuk reassured. "Yunhyeong hyung's not worried so you shouldn't either, hyung."

Jinhwan knew that but it still doesn't ease his worries away especially since it's already passed midnight and Chanwoo was still not home yet and not answering his phone. He sighed loudly and silently cursed at Chanwoo for always causing his mind to be troubled.

 

***

 

Chanwoo keyed in the password on the apartment’s door lock and once it beep, opened it and let himself in.

He carefully closed the door behind him, slipping his shoes off silently and tip-toed inside. Once he stepped in, he saw the living room light on while the rest of the apartment were cloaked in darkness and frowned.

“Did they forget to turn it off?” he mumbled as he trudged his way down the hallway to the living room. He swerved into the living room and immediately jumped in the air in shocked as a small figure on the couch thundered in front of his eyes.

“Jinhwan hyung!” Chanwoo cried, hands pressed tightly against his chest. He exhaled loudly as he felt the shock slowly running away from his body and his heart beat returning back to normal. “Hyung, what are you still doing up?”

Jinhwan’s legs and arms were neatly folded as he stared at Chanwoo with a hard-face and narrowed eyes. “Where have you been?” Jinhwan asked, his voice low and (scarily) calm.

Chanwoo suddenly felt a lump in his throat and a cold sweat washed over him. He’s heard that tone of voice from Jinhwan before. He knew what it meant. It was a clear sign that Jinhwan was angry. At him. It was code red.

Chanwoo scratched the back of his head as he tried to retain his composure under Jinhwan’s fiery eyes. “I was out with my friends,” Chanwoo said, his voice lightly quivering. He swallowed the lump of nervousness down his throat…that failed miserably. “I-I told you didn’t I? One of my friends is enlisting soon so we went out to celebrate his last day together.”

Jinhwan blinked. “Yes, you did.”

Chanwoo glanced away, unable to withstand Jinhwan’s stare, and his eyes landed on the clock on the wall. He saw the clock’s arms and bit his lips. There was the cause of his predicament right now. He had come home late. Really late. He groaned inwardly. How did he not notice the time? Well, truth be told, he purposely didn’t notice the time; he was having fun with his friends and didn’t want to leave.

“A-a-and I said I would be home late,” Chanwoo defended.

“You said you’ll be home late but this is the next day,” Jinhwan remarked. Even though his voice was still low but the tone have dangerously gone up. “It’s three in the morning, Jung Chanwoo.”

And Chanwoo knew right then that he was in big trouble because Jinhwan never called him by his full name. So, when he did…

Chanwoo rather have Hanbin shout at him then facing this moment.

“Aahh…we were having a lot of fun and must’ve lost the track of time,” Chanwoo said, laughing dryly as he tried to save himself.

Jinhwan’s eyes narrowed further. “Where did you go with your friends?”

“Well, we went to eat at a restaurant and then…” Chanwoo hesistated, “…we went to a club.”

Jinhwan’s arms unfolded and he leaned forward. “What kind of a club?”

Chanwoo clasped his hands in front of him and hung his head low slightly because he knew his next words were going to make Jinhwan even angrier.

“A strip club,” Chanwoo mumbled.

Jinhwan shot to his feet, causing Chanwoo to jump a step back, and latched his hands on his hips as he fumed at Chanwoo.

MWO?!?” Jinhwan shrieked. “A strip club?! You went to a strip club?!?”

Chanwoo held his hands up in the air and rushingly said, “Hyung! I know you don’t like me going to clubs but I was with my friends, I couldn’t say no!”

He looked pleadingly at Jinhwan.

Jinhwan sighs deeply – Chanwoo suspected it’s to calm himself down – and took a step forward. “Jung Chanwoo…”

“Chanwoo, you’re home!”

Both Chanwoo and Jinhwan snapped their heads around to the source of the voice.

It was Yunhyeong.

Relief flushed all over Chanwoo’s body instantly at Yunhyeong’s entrance. In Chanwoo’s eyes, he saw a golden halo surrounding Yunhyeong like a divine intervention being sent from heaven for him.

“Yunhyeong hyung,” Chanwoo exhaled and he almost let out a puppy whine. He blinked his doe eyes desperately and pleadingly at Yunhyeong. Save me. Please.

Yunhyeong entered the living room and shot a small wink at Chanwoo. Okay, I will.

“When did you get home?” Yunhyeong said with a casual tone and hook an arm around Chanwoo’s broad shoulders.

Chanwoo kept his eyes on Yunhyeong. “Just now.”

“Oh, you must be tired then.” Yunhyeong turned to Jinhwan. “Jinhwan hyung, it’s really late – let’s just go to bed. Besides, we’ve got a photoshoot at 11 am.”

Before Jinhwan could answer, Yunhyeong steered Chanwoo around and led him down the short hallway to their bedroom. “Goodnight, hyung!” he called over his shoulder.

As soon as they entered the safety zone of their bedroom, Chanwoo crushed Yunhyeong into a tight side-hug. “Thank you for saving my life, hyung.”

Yunhyeong chuckled at his dramatic words and patted his bottom. “You’re welcome.”

“But, you really shouldn’t have come home late – you know what Jinhwan hyung is like,” Yunhyeong said.

“I don’t think that it’s just about that,” Chanwoo muttered.

“I know, I heard,” Yunhyeong answered, amused.

“I didn’t think he would be that upset. I was just out with my friends,” Chanwoo reasoned as he pouted.

Yunhyeong can’t help but smile at his cuteness and patted his bottom again. “Wash up and go to bed. I’ll talk to Jinhwan hyung in the morning,” Yunhyeong assured.

Chanwoo’s face lit up and he grinned goofily. “Yeokshi! Hyung is the only one who always on my side!”

Yunhyeong just laughed.